[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your opinion on people wearing other countries gear during
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: Hockey.jpg (135 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Hockey.jpg
135 KB, 1366x768
What is your opinion on people wearing other countries gear during sporting events?

IE: Wearing a Russia jersey in The United States during the Olympic or wearing a Sweden sweater in Canada?
>>
>>64448379
Literally who cares
>>
>>64448401
I'm only asking because I got shit talked yesterday for wearing a different countries sweater. It was something I never thought about before.
>>
I feel like its only obnoxious if you go out of your way to do it. Like if you get gifted it or are an expat or something who cares.

But otherwise it's like bruh, you're American, fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>64448587
Just because you're american doesn't mean you have to support their national team.

If you like a team, support them. The majority of people will not care and the people who do care are in such a minority that it doesn't matter. Just be mindful to not be an obnoxious prick and you'll be fine.
>>
>>64448430
You are an elder cuck for wearing another countries jersey.
Especially if it's hockey
>>
>>64448767
Why do you say that? I am born/raised in Canada but always had a love for Russian hockey players and choose to support team Russia in sporting events.
>>
>>64448798
You always support the hometown team dingus
>>
>>64448670
Fag
>>
>>64448855
Nah. I travel and see my teams play other teams in their home rinks all the time. Supporting the opposition is more fun.
>>
>>64448670
>Just because you're american doesn't mean you have to support their national team.
yes it does. If your country is competing in the event, then you do not support another country also competing, and do not wear another country's jersey. After the intl event is over I'll think its weird but there is at least an argument
>>
>>64448940
I bet you said the pledge of allegiance too you fucking faggot
>>
I hate it. I see friends and other assholes with the German national team jersies and wonder why they think that they have a great connection to a foreign national team than their own

If you're doing this DURING THE OLYMPICS, you should be talked shit to too
>>
>>64449476
Nah, it's too religious/cult like for me
>>
File: my tears.jpg (31 KB, 599x303) Image search: [Google]
my tears.jpg
31 KB, 599x303
>>64448379
only Brazil and Spain does this

literally
>>
>>64448798
You are a fucking loser if you seriously do this
>>
>>64449508
whether I'm pulling for the US or Norway is irrelevant. I have no connection to the athletes themselves. I have no particular national pride aside from shitposting on /sp/

Rooting for your own national team is a normie thing, where you go out with your friends to the bar or the game and get drunk while pretending to actually care about soccer or hockey or any olympic sport. I'm a fucking neet weaboo faggot so there's no point, I typically just root for underdogs or countries that I like for various reasons.
>>
I only wear an American flag when I go out in public
>>
i was told not to wear anything with murican flag outside of murica. i also heard many murican tourists wear clothes with canadian flags on them when they travel
>>
why would you wear a different countries jersey?

wearing your countries jersey away makes sense, but why wear another countries jersey?
>>
>>64449808
I can kind of get it because he likes Russia's style of play as opposed to Canada's

Russia has historically been very skill based and different than most other nations

I think people should support their country or just not wear a jersey if they don't
>>
The only time this is acceptable is if you're following a sporting event that your country isn't participating in. In this scenario you should default to what country your family hailed from/you have the closest relationship to.

For example, I don't give any shits about divegrass, but if I were to watch the world cup for some reason, I'd root for England (futile as it may be) because my family came from there.
>>
>>64449572
It's treason then.

Seriously.

You sound like the biggest fucking cuck. If you cheer for another national team you're basically a low level traitor.

You sound like a woman, cheering for whichever team has nicer uniforms or the cutest captain
>>
File: french keyboard.jpg (37 KB, 576x465) Image search: [Google]
french keyboard.jpg
37 KB, 576x465
russian immigrant here op, you're a fucking cuck with good hockey taste
>>
>>64449873
It's just a game senpai
>>
>>64449626
I heard about Americans telling people they're Canadian because people treat them better if they do.
>>
>>64450979
Yuropoors are so unappreciative
>>
>>64451021
Of what?
People just buy into the memes and think ALL Americans are idiots and Canadians are ALL very nice and polite.
>>
>>64451033
Of saving their asses
>>
>>64451052
In WWII?
But it was the Canadians who liberated us, that's what we're taught in school.
>>
It's pretty common in here since our NT sucks. I actually own the Netherlands jersey from 2006 WC and my brother has Italy, France and even fucking Ghana kits.

Wearing those of your direct rivals is pure treason, tho. Fuck U.S. and Argentina bandwaggoners.
>>
>rooting AGAINST your own country

Disgusting.
>>
>>64448430
are you canadian or from that other country?
>>
>>64448379

Down here, the minorities usually like to wear the Brazilian shirt to troll the Dutch during the EC/WC. I think it's pretty funny. As long as they don't start wearing boring nations such as Italy, England, Spain and Germany, I'm fine with it.
>>
>>64451573
Full Canadian
>>
>>64448798
You should kill yourself my man
>>
>supporting a country you have no ties or been to
>wearing their jersey in a different county
That sounds really autistic
>>
>>64451033
The American travelers that have a passport and actually travel to Europe aren't the obese morons you think of when you think of America. The disgusting American tourist just goes to Disney World or Las Vegas.
>>
>>64454875
Nah they go everywhere buddy
Ran into a bunch in Europe
>>
>>64454875
In a way the ones that go to Europe are worse because they actually think they're cultured. The trailer park family that go to Disney Land are probably pretty decent people, even if they are fat and stupid.

Worse are all the middle and upper class Americans who decide to "do Europe" by visiting various tourist traps, become experts on Europe and spend all their time in Europe telling us how different it is here.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.