[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How good was George Foreman? Please, school me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: GeorgeForeman1.jpg (48 KB, 620x398) Image search: [Google]
GeorgeForeman1.jpg
48 KB, 620x398
How good was George Foreman? Please, school me.
>>
Who do you think i am? Your mom?
>>
Her made the best grill of all time.
>>
oldest ever heavyweight champ man, said to have been the hardest puncher ever.
>>
>>64440309
This
>>
He may have lost to Ali in the ring but he beat him at life
>>
Very good. Top ten heavy weight of all time, and I could argue top 5. One of the Heaviest hands in history.
>>
He was popular because he wasn't Evander Holyfield
>>
One of the few lanklet HWs with the reputation of a destroyer. Most lanklet HWs are fag height babbys like Klitschko that are "boxers".
>>
>>64440361
So, if he was in his prime, do you think he'd be champ today?
>>
>>64440387
No
>>
>>64440387
Serious question? Of-fucking-course my man.
>>
>>64440309
Did you know that in China instead of Foreman, Jackie Chan makes the commercials for the grill?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApQlzehYyfo
>>
His jab was like being hit in the face a tree log

Coming back as a jolly old man and winning a title was pretty amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6S5A0rrksU
>>
More like George Journeyman desu senpai
>>
He's no Sonny Liston.
>>
File: 1437949395976.gif (482 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1437949395976.gif
482 KB, 300x300
>>64440309
>novelty grill
>>
>>64440266

One of the hardest hitting Boxers ever.

Ali doing the rope a dope against him is part of the reason he looks like he does now.
>>
>>64440516
How the fuck do you generate that much power?
>>
>>64441672
Hardest puncher in boxing sure, but not the hardest puncher ever, that would go to post 1990 Branko Cikatic or Francisco Filho
>>
>>64441672
Foreman punching Ali just a few times is part of the reason Ali looks like he does now.
>>
>>64440387
He wouldn't have a ali type caliber to worry about and he admitted that Tyson would have beaten him in his prime so that leaves out the current generation and this generation of HW boxers fucking suck
>>
Good enough, his "first part". His comeback as le fat man wasn't anywhere as good, but of course very dramatic and worth marketing it. Strong punches, though mostly bullying weaker opponents, (not anywhere near as strong/terrifying as Americans who only watched YT highlights would lead you to believe), efficient style. good chin and I quite respect him as a person. P4P he wasn't very good, but just as HW, he's very good. He's one of the few boxers of the old eras who'd actually make it quite far nowadays.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 500x667
>>64440266
Niggas be hating on my grilling style.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.