[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Great Plains Football
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7
File: great_plains_states.png (37 KB, 637x299) Image search: [Google]
great_plains_states.png
37 KB, 637x299
What if the NFL gave the plains states (SD, ND, Wyo, Mont, Nebraska, Kansas) a football team to root for?

Every faggot in the quad-state area is a vikings or a broncos fan, but neither of those teams have much in common with this entire area at all (vikings a little bit due to the amount of scandi and german heritage)

Possible locations for their HQ:
>Billings, MT
>Sioux Falls, SD
>Wichita, KS
>Fargo, ND
>Rapid City, SD
>Omaha, NB
>Lincoln, NB
>Cheyenne, WY (obligatory)

A regional team like this would get so much support from us as a whole.

What does spuh think?
>>
>flyovers deserving an NFL
lolno, stick to amateur handegg, faggot
>>
>>64429522

I say go for it
>>
>>64429522
I can see the plains getting a franchise who moves a lot like the chargers. You would need to prove there is a market first by acquiring an mlb/nba team and nearly filling up every game
>>
File: 1445803742704.png (269 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1445803742704.png
269 KB, 640x480
>>64429573
>florida deserving 3 teams
>cali-forn-i-a deserving 3 teams
>fucking missouri deserving 2 teams

>can't give 5 fucking states a teams to share
>>
>>64429637
I know they take their semi pro teams pretty seriously (hockey, arena, basketball, etc)

I guess I agree with OP that it seems kinda dumb that there can be like 3 New York teams to choose from but no teams if you live in the "flyovers"
>>
none of the above
it will be oklahoma city
>>
>Great Plains Harvesters
>Omaha Outlaws
>Lakota Warriors

just off the top of my head
>>
>>64429522
What would they be called? High Plains Drifters I say
>>
>mfw Billings gets a football team and the NFL is exposed to yuro soccer levels of racist bantz
>>
>>64429806
>racist bantz
>Billings

Have you been to Billings? It's more liberal than you'd think, amigo.
>>
>>64429775
this desu
>>
>>64429806

I'd probably consider to start watching the NFL again t b h
>>
>>64429777
>>64429790
>Badlands Coyotes
>Billings Bucks
>Sioux Falls Balers
>Rapid City Rustlers
>>
>>64429522
>Montana
no one lives there
>SD and ND
no one lives there
>Whyoming
no one lives there. what even happens here?
>Nebraska
people are perfectly content with the cornhuskers
>Kansas
chiefs inb4 hurr KC is in missouri. my dad is from western kansas and has been a die hard chiefs fan his entire life
>>
>>64429806
lol, Billings is liberal as fuck
>>
They are Broncos fans and have been for years
>>
>>64429660
>>64429754

this desu senpai

>>64429777
>lakota warriors

shit thats awesome

>Rapid City presidents (meh)
>NDSU has bison, but could still be good
>"____" Flatlanders
>"____" mudders
>some sort of reference to "breadbasket"

>>64429927
I love Coyotes

>>64430001
So realistically, I don't think an NFL team would have a hard time filling a 20-40 K facility. if you're able to sell 20-40 K tickets, do you think it would be impossible to make money on it?

I guess for reference, the new Vikings stadium will only seat 73,000.....

>>64430018
this desu.
>>
>>64429839
>>64430018
He was making a reference to something that actually happened
>>
>>64429522
They would all continue to support the Broncos/Vikings/Chiefs, unless it's actually in their city.
>>
>>64430001
Those are really cool points except for the fact that your dad sucks at geography and that I'm saying one team for 5 states, which cumulatively, have more people than many cities that have teams already. Not to mention that some of the listed cities have plenty of people, if you wanna pop over to le Google.

One example to support this is Buffalo. <300k people in a state with 3 teams, but itself is still a very supported team.
>>
Packers are usually quite popular out that way as well
>>
Kansas is entirely chiefs territory.
Will always remain chiefs territory just like it's royals territory and will always remain royals territory.

If the chiefs left KC more people in Kansas would be upset than Missouri, because the rams and da cardinals are Missouri's team. Not KC teams.
Especially after the 2015 WS wins.

Source: Live in Kansas
>>
>>64429927
>Rapid City Rustlers
>>
>>64430086
So does everyone in this thread then since New York only has one team and New Jersey has two. The Meadowlands is as far into Jersey as Arrowhead is Missouri
>>
>>64430131
My personal fav, but I'm pretty biased TBF (to be frank)
>>
>>64430112
I know a Kansas transplant who is a packers fan but hes probably an exception
>>
>>64430137
>New York Jets
>New York Giants
>Buffalo Bills

Which two are from NJ?
>>
>>64430206
The one that isn't Buffalo.
East Rutherford, New Jersey doesn't equal New York.
>>
>>64430226
Sorry, I guess I was confused since they were prepended with New York, you fucking crotch jockey.
>>
There already is a team for the plains states. They're called the Denver Broncos.
>>
>>64430252
Meh, most people don't know. They haven't played in New York since they moved out of Shea and Yankee Stadium respectively. The one that got it right was New England when they moved out of Boston and stopped calling themselves the Boston Patriots.
>>
File: 1414553276616.jpg (60 KB, 908x803) Image search: [Google]
1414553276616.jpg
60 KB, 908x803
>>64430260
>donkeys
>plains states
>based in the cool, refreshing rockies â„¢

Did you read the OP?
>>
>>64430260
You meant the Rocky Mountains, plains don't have mountain ranges, the are flat.
>>
Who do these guys bandwagon normally?

Green Bay, Broncos, Seacucks?
>>
>>64429522
Nobody would go to the games
>>
>>64430307
Actually yeah, you nailed it. Also, I personally have met one single Chiefs fan here, and I'm from SoDak.
>>
>>64429522
>(vikings a little bit due to the amount of scandi and german heritage)
Well done. You managed to drag heritage into a football discussion.

Fucking Americans man, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>64430354
WE WUZ EUROPEANS
>>
>>64430354
That's literally why they're named Vikings, you fucking penal colonist.
>>
>>64430354
Your status as a prison colony is still as valid as ours as a colony. But I do so love the "Merikans don't have culture because we say so" attitude the rest of the world has.
>>
>>64430307
Minnesota, kansas city, green bay and denver.

IMHOTBVQHWY senpai, the vikings & cheifs are the only real legit ones here.

Denver, to me is a meme team. they arent supposed to have as big of a fanbase way into the dakotas as they do.

Minnesota makes sense - Green bay, ShitCongo & Detoilet are all on the great lakes. Minnesota is just in the frozen tundra of the north, and the name and team actually has alot of heritage in the area (Tons of scandi heritage in that area - myself included)

KC is very condensed, but the fans they have are totally legit desu. They just don't have an extended reach like denver and green bay do (why are there green bay fans in fucking idaho? we'll never know)

>>64430354
you know, its really not that big of a deal. In the USA, and in North America in general you don't have alot to distinguish yourself from others since every one is a mutt.

I challenge the idea the 'Mericans are stupid for talking about their heritage. The ones that talk about being 1/64 native or irish or whatever are fucking annoying, yes. But for most of us we either
>want to know where we came from, and its interesting to hear family stories
or
>we just don't care

its REALLY not that big of a fucking deal for non NA's to gripe about.
>>
>>64430354
>Jesus Christ

Well done. You managed to drag religion into a football discussion.

Fucking dingos man. John Madden.
>>
>>64429522
im really into this idea. someone post uniforms
>>
File: 1+-+Iowa+Barnstormers[1].jpg (145 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
1+-+Iowa+Barnstormers[1].jpg
145 KB, 768x768
>>64430547
Here you go
>>
>>64429660
They're populated enough to fill , excluding Missouri , your states 10x.

And it would need to be in the middle of all those states so no Kansas based team
>>
>>64430086
I'm sure lots of fans will drive 10+ hours round trip for a single game especially in December when there is snow on the roads.
>>
>>64429522
Montana is a mountain state faggot, the fucking name means mountains in Spanish
>>
>>64430717
Got me there. I mostly included it due to the stuff they have in common with the Plains states, even though the terrain is different. But you're right that it's inconsistent.
>>
>>64430206

the 2 with new york in the name
>>
>>64429754
>>64429522

What's the total population of the quad-state area or the 6 states you listed?

Either answer likely still gets a minimal head-count.
>>
>>64430854
If I weren't on my phone, I'd take the time to add up the numbers.
>>
>>64430762
>>64430717
mmmmm not that much. Eastern Montana is extremely flat and the same as the plains states.

But yeah, the western half is all mountains
>>
File: 1450654165831.jpg (44 KB, 373x208) Image search: [Google]
1450654165831.jpg
44 KB, 373x208
>>64430610
>tfw arena football will never be popular
it entertaining as fuck to watch.It's a little different but it's high scoring high tempo and crowds are fun.You can really tell the people who play do it for the love of the game too.They get paid 1000 or so dollars a game, some of them.They have jobs on the side.I'm in philly and they were talking about the philadelphia soul and one of the offensive linemen is a teacher who plays arena football on the weekends.It's pretty cool.
>>
OMAHA SUPERCELLS
>>
>>64430762
Sorry I shouldn't have called you a faggot
Merry Xmas OP
>>
>>64430981
That's pretty cool. Like 10 years ago, Rapid City had an arena football team for a while but it was so shittily managed that it just dissolved and disbanded within a few years. But for the time it was active, it was really popular.
>>
>>64430999
Lmao that sounds arena-tier
>>
>>64430854
Dakotas+Montana+Wyoming+Nebraska is 5M, adding Kansas gets you to almost 8M
>>
File: Missouri_River_breaks.jpg (33 KB, 425x281) Image search: [Google]
Missouri_River_breaks.jpg
33 KB, 425x281
>>64430944
It's nowhere near as flat as the breadbasket states
>>
It would be cool, but there a couple of factors against it. One big one being how uniform the league is right now. 2 conferences with 4 leagues. Each league with 4 teams. You'd have to have a team move in order to get one.

Another being that there might be trouble filling up a stadium. Sure its a big area, but there's not really a big metropolitan area in there.
>>
>>64431132
Valid. With all the talk of the Rams or Chargers moving, it's mostly just fun to dream about moving one and completely refactoring it.

But yeah, the main issue would probably be filling seats consistently. I can guarantee there would be plenty of fans, but density is lacking.
>>
>>64429522
billings on the list but no zoo town? Has OP ever been to Montucky... I mean Montana?
>>
>remove Jags
>fill slot with the Great Plains Harvesters
>redraw division lines after SB50, perfect time to make dramatic changes
>have them play in ______ temporarily while stadium is constructed
>>
>>64431320
I like it
>>
>>64429660
>literally areas with 10x the population density
>not more deserving of teams
>>
File: Trailerpark.jpg (486 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Trailerpark.jpg
486 KB, 1280x960
Dakota Doublewides
>>
>>64431365
>3 teams in a state is not enough
>laughing_girls.PNG
>>
>>64430260
This
>>
>>64429522
Chiefs probably provide coverage of Nebraska and Kansas. So you're only looking at America's least populated, and some of the largest states. Even if you include Idaho, its not worth it from a business sense. Stadiums won't fill up unless literally every person flies or drives a day to the game.
>>
>Buncos vs. Cheyenne Fireworks

Fund it.
>>
>>64431380
>palm trees
>dakotas

hmmmm
>>
The great plains if nothing but meth heads and coke fiends.
>>
>>64429637
>a franchise who moves a lot
>like the chargers

the chargers have been here in SD for 55 years. fuck off mad flyover faggots. there's 11.5 million people in SD county, the 3 surrounding US counties, and TJ to the south. That's like twice as many people than those 5 states have. People won't take a 7 hour drive to go to games regularly.

Why would any sensible businessman even think about putting an NFL team there? Even though those states are still the GOAT in terms of living.
>>
>>64431693

>flyover faggot
lmao eat me, Juan. Go root for the raidniggers now that your shitty team is finally getting cut out
>>
>>64431075
And you didn't even throw in any provinces...

They'd likely have enough tv viewers...but fans to back a stadium.

That's a big geographic area.

Plus. Especially when the guy showed map beyond his quad state area (whatever that is) to his 6 listed states.

TV viewership numbers will get you there. But the counter-argument, is anybody who'd watch NFL in that area already is.
>>
>>64431805
>cut out
It's being moved from one relevant part of the country to a slightly more relevant part of the country. I can see why you wouldn't understand this though.
>>
>>64429522
Out of all those cities, only Omaha has a population near large enough to justify building a stadium, but it would take forever for fans from other states to get there.
>>
>>64431840
Cut out, moved, call it what you want. Point is, you won't have a team anymore, but at least you've got plenty of other choices.
>>
>>64429522
Fuck off flyover cucks, you have to choose from the buncos or the viqueens, but you're still bandwagon faggots either way. May as well bandwagon some other team those since the suck too. Stick to cowfucking and rodeos faggot's

FLYOVER BTFO
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.