[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I think we can all agree that Lampard was the best of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 6
So I think we can all agree that Lampard was the best of the three.

Imagine if they could play together. England National team would be great
>>
inb4 rare
>>
The manager was too retarded to use those 3 properly.
>>
>>64425915
>tfw outdated faggot coaches at the time meant there wasn't a midfield three of these lot
>>
>Scholes
What a fucking joke
>b-but muh quotes
>>
Stevie was the greatest tßh
>>
>>64425948
He slipped his "greatness" away desu
>>
>>64425915
Lamps scored way more goals than that m8
>>
>>64425915
>comparing Gerrard to players who played in dominant teams that won league titles
Gerrard has to carry Liverpool to success. Lampard and Scholes never had to carry anybody.
>>
kek lampard got carried. easy to look good when all you can do is run onto the end of chances made by the best players in the world. makalele, essien, ballack, and more were better than him and he leeched from them all. scholes atleast was the star and driving force of the team. gerrard was a cunt but i can respect him for not leaving liverpool even though they were shit.
>>
Ask any englishman who doesnt support any of the teams the question and youll always get the same answer. scholes>gerrard>>>lampard
>>
File: gerrard-trophy.gif (979 KB, 400x223) Image search: [Google]
gerrard-trophy.gif
979 KB, 400x223
>>64425948
>>
>>64425977
>muh quotes
>>
"The best? I'm not the best in the world, that match against Manchester United tough me that the best player in the world is Paul Scholes
- Lionel Messi
>>
The best of the three is the one not responsible for England NT being shit for years.
>>
>>64425977
lol
>>
>>64425968
>>64425968
>scholes atleast was the star and driving force of the team

At what point was Scholes the star of ANY team?

>kek lampard got carried
Not really fair to say this when he has comparable assists to Gerrard as well as a ton more goals. The team was stacked yeah, but Lampard was one of the few players who was consistent throughout his career. Even in his final season in the EPL he was still changing games.
>>
>scholes

inb4 MUH LEFT WING
>>
>>64426017
lampard was practically an AM. he didnt play the same position as gerrard. he was allowed to go forward because he always had a world class DM to cover for him. the reason he has more assists than them both is that he was always further forward than them
>>
le carried man, le slippy man, le quotes man

fucking hell this is why england will never win anything.
>>
Didn't Gerrard have Xabi Alonso in his prime?
>>
gerrard wasted his career at livershit. had more talent than the other 2 combined and rejected madrid to stay there and win nothing. being a fan does bad things to the brain
>>
>>64426082
Just another delusional scouser.
>>
>>64426082
Maybe he hoped to compensate his club trophy case with international titles
>>
>>64425941
>Russian

What a FUCKING joke
>>
>>64426082

wew la
>>
you mean lampard man city legend?
>>
>>64426650
cheeky comment la
>>
>>64426650
west ham new york of manchester city united legend
>>
gerrard > lampard > scholes

gerrard is seen as a meme because of his slip but in his prime he was unreal, 06 fa cup final was one of the best individual performances I have ever seen, gerrard played with shit for the majority of his career
>>
File: stevie.jpg (35 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
stevie.jpg
35 KB, 480x360
Stevie > Frankie > Paul
>>
File: scholes_underrated.jpg (422 KB, 1600x992) Image search: [Google]
scholes_underrated.jpg
422 KB, 1600x992
>people who think sports are only about statistics
>>
>>64426082
there was a legend that he was threatened to be killed if he chose to leave
>>
>>64425937
They are 3 midfielders who can not defend for shit. How are you even supposed to use them together without getting run over by any top team?

The only way I can thing of is a midfield diamond like
----------------Lampard-------
---------Scholes-----Gerrard
-------------------DM-----------
which would raise a whole lot of other issues starting with minimal width and literally not a single English player being used to a system like that
>>
>>64426901

>people who believe made up quotes
>>
>>64426958
That's true Rhys Jones was a warning to Stevie from the Scouse Mafia
>>
>>64426975

massive, massive kek.

sven wanted to use a diamond at euro 2004 and they told him they didn't want to play that system,
>>
Gerrard was a glorified sunday league player. There are people on /sp/ who could pass, position themselves, control games and dictate play better. Was never world class.
>>
>>64426975
Slot Carrick there and that's a world class midfield
>>
>>64427022
stevie me was a better passer than the other two in the op tbf m8
>>
>>64427035
Hahaha
>>
-------Rooney----Walcott-----------
-------------Lampard-----------------
-------Scholes---Gerrard-----------
Cole--Ferdinand--Terry--Neville
---------Calamity James-----------

that team is pure rapeage and all england managers who were in charge at the time this could have been implement should be tried for treason and castrated and banned from football. absolute travesty
>>
>>64427102
Ozil is not english m8
>>
Imo rooney sucks and is a orge
>>
>>64427122
KEK
>>
>>64427122
ozil was a nobody (1998-2008) when this team should have raped and pillaged all and sundry. thanks for your input though
>>
If Gerrard played as many games as Lampard he would have 200 goals
>>
>>64427170
he means you listed 10 players moron
>>
>>64427180
gotta play devils advocate here and ask: if a player has 5 world class seasons then breaks his leg and comes back a shell of a man is compared to a player who was great consistently for 10-15 seasons, whos better. this is the equivalent of the gerrard vs lampard argument
>>
>>64427209
A. B would have a more successful career though
>>
>>64427192
shit.

-------Rooney----Walcott-----------
-------------Lampard-----------------
-------Scholes---Gerrard-----------
--------------Hargreaves-------------
Cole--Ferdinand--Terry--Neville
---------Calamity James-----------
>>
>>64425915

Should never have attempted to play a passing game. It's not the English way.

--------------Crouch - Rooney - Heskey-----
-------------------------------------------------------
Carragher - Ashley Cole - Gerrard - Terry - Ferdinand - Campbell - Beckham
------------------------------------------------------
David James
>>
Shearer-Owen
-----Barkely
Gerrard----Scholes
--------Carrick
Baines--Rio---Neville---G. Johnson
---------Hart
>>
Kane/Rooney---Vardy/Sturridge
Sterling----------Barkley--------Walcott/Ox
Wilshire/Lallana-----Milner/Ali
Clyne----Stones/Smalling--Jones/Cahill----Bertrand
Hart/Butland

Looks good on paper, why the perpetual failure to execute?
>>
>>64427209
Who is better, Ronaldo Nazario or Cristiano Ronaldo

ez
>>
Why can't you guys just accept the fact that England haven't been very good at soccer for 50 years now.
>>
>>64427315
No defense
>>
>>64427327
Hey, come on. They won a bunch of stuff in the 70s

that's about it tho
>>
>>64425977
>Ask any englishman who doesnt support any of the teams the question and youll always get the same answer. scholes>gerrard>>>lampard

This desu.

>inb4 muh Scholes quotes
>>
>undermining Scholes by making fun of quotes made by some of the greatest players of all time that know infinitely more than anyone on this shitty board

Scholes was an artist. All three of them spent seasons playing behind a striker and scoring 20+. Lampard and Gerrard couldn't hope to be half the player Scholes was playing as a real midfielder.

Also Lampard > Gerrard. Gerrard was more naturally talented but Lampard was the more intelligent player.
>>
>>64425915
>Scholes
12 PL titles, 2 CL titles, 2 CL runners ups, 5 FA cups, 2 League cups, 2 World Club Cups, 1 Treble, 6 doubles and a ONE CLUB MAN

>Gerrurd
1 CL

>Lumpurrd
Couple PLs, fluked the CL in one of the worst ever teams to win it and scored a few penalties

Absolutely no contest.
If you want to compare Gerrard and Lampard to a Man United player, I suggest the following.

Michael Carrick
Darren Fletcher
Owen Hargreaves
Alan Smith

The above have more similar achievements and ability levels.
>>
Lampard>>>Scholes>Gerrard

Imho. People only started to rate scholes once he came back from retirement.
>>
>>64427395
desu neither Gerrard nor Lampard were ever as good as Fletcher was during 2007-8 and if he wasn't unlucky with injuries and stupid referee decisions things would be different today
>>
>>64427395
bit disrespectful to carrick and fletcher desu

they both have 5 PL titles and 1 CL win with 2 CL finals

also, unlike lampard they were actually world class players for a couple of years

carrick > fletcher >> hargreaves > lampard > gerrard = smith
>>
>>64427315
not a single defensive midfielder and no experience.

If you look at recent World Cup winners, all of them had a strong core of players old enough to have a lot of tournament experience and provide invaluable leadership but young enough to still be performing at a world class level.

Italy had Buffon, Cannavaro, Nesta, Gattuso, Totti, Del Piero, Pirlo, Zambrotta

Spain had Casillas, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso, Villa

Germany had Neuer, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Klose, Muller, Khedira

All of them had players who had had a lot of international and CL experience before finally winning the World Cup. Who does England have that can qualify as such? Pooney? Hart? Milner? It's a joke compared to the aforementioned teams.

England will be a contender in 2018/2020/2022 though, cap this
>>
>>64427424
>>64427431
Hivemind. Confirmed for truth.
>>
>>64427395
Park Ji Sung is another one. I'd take him over either Gerrard or Lampard, a true team player unlike the former. Yeah okay, Lampard was a greater goal-threat but football isn't ALL about goals.

Ask Pirlo who he'd rather face up against, Park or Lampard.... His book says it all.
>>
>>64427395
It's embarrassing how many great midfielders United have had in the past 25 years.

Hughes
Kanchelskis
Robson
Keane
Butt
Park
Fletcher
Carrick

All shit on Gerrard and Lampard from a great distance. Let alone Scholes.

And t.b.h, I'm not sure why people pick Gerrard and Lampard anyway, they weren't even the best CMs for their respective clubs (I do know, it's because they're English) but seriously..

Makelele
Deco
Ballack

Mascherano
Alonso

Gerrard and Lampard don't come close. Pure English bias.
>>
>>64427387
>>64427395
>>64427424
>>64427431
>>64427439
>>64427450
Who the fuck unleashed the pakis?
>>
>>64426017
>at what point the ginger maradona was the star of any team
>>
>>64427494

yeah only from 1992-2008, so probably to long ago for all the 12 years olds commening itt to remmeber
>>
>>64427315

>sterling a certainty
>walcott not

lel
>>
>>64425915
Ghana have to do better than that.
>>
>>64427450
>Ask Pirlo who he'd rather face up against, Park or Lampard.... His book says it all.

Using this logic Danny Welbeck is a world class player. He has also succesfully marked playmakers with work rate and stamina.
>>
As much as I've shit on Fat Frank in the past, I'd take him over the other two
>>
>>64426958

He got bullets posted through his letterbox, still think he would have been pretty safe in madrid desu
>>
most of the numbers look incorrect, but how did scholes have so few assists playing on those man u teams?
>>
>>64427936
He wasn't that good.

The stats are correct, but out of date. Lampard's and Gerrard's numbers will have increased since then.
>>
>>64427936
Because he's plays deep in midfield. He's usually the one assisting the assist if you know what I mean.

He started out his career as a striker too.
>>
>>64427807
Peak Welbeck WAS a world class player. His performances around 2012-2013 were incredible. He absolutely bossed Madrid at the Bernehue and scored a crucial away goal.

A lot of United fans were gutted when he moved to Arsenal.
>>
>>64425915
>plays 120 more games than gerrard
>3 more assists
>>
There was a brief point in time when gerrard was literally the best player in the world

if you disagree you are either an abl or too young to remember
>>
gerards wife was shagging a well known gangster around these parts. The threat wasnt against him - they threatened to fuckup his wife if he left. Madrid wouldnt have hid him from that, as Alex Curran would come back to family and shit here in liverpool, then get kidnapped and raped, adn her pretty face all cut up
>>
>>64428525

James Taylor was the man (gangster) in question.
>>
>Further, Gerrard's wife, Alex (nee Curran), used to date a well-known Liverpudlian criminal by the name of Tony Richardson, who left her for Jennifer Ellison, Steven's girlfriend at the time.

Gerrard is a real life fucking cuck.
>>
>>64428747
>At 17, he signed a contract with Premier League giants Liverpool FC and within 18 months had forced his way into the first team. He had money in his pocket, an expensive BMW and girls falling at his feet.

>Unfortunately, this drew the attention of some less desirable elements; and when he started dating a pretty blonde teenager by the name of Lauren Ashcroft, it set in train a series of events which would leave him fearing for his life.

>Lauren, it transpired, had also dated George Bromley Junior, an aspiring gangster who revelled in the nickname "the Psycho" because of his reputation for needless and extreme violence.

>During the 1990s, Bromley's father, George Bromley Senior, had established himself as the top "enforcer" in Liverpool, making an illicit fortune by "taxing" drug dealers, stealing their profits and their drugs. His reputation for violence was peerless even by underworld standards (his favoured form of torture was to take a red-hot iron to his victims' groins).

>All this came to an end ten years ago when a £100,000 contract was taken out on Bromley's life. He was executed in the kitchen of Charlie Seiga, a legendary Liverpudlian gangster who was later acquitted of his murder. Seiga, as we shall see, is another underworld figure with links to the Gerrards.

>Having grown up in his father's shadow, Bromley Junior was determined to prove himself - even taking over his father's signature of burning enemies - and in his eyes wealthy young Steven Gerrard was the perfect target.
>>
After many years during which I saw many things, what I know most surely about morality and the duty of man I owe to sport. What I know most surely about sport, I owe to Paul Scholes.

- Albert Camus
>>
>>64428800
>"Bromley decided to use Stevie as a cash machine, basically, and started demanding large sums of money," says an anonymous Liverpool underworld figure.

>"Stevie was terrified. Bromley is a complete nutcase. He threw a brick through Stevie's car window, chased him through the streets of Liverpool in his car and threatened to shoot him in the legs."

>The Gerrards sought police help, but it did little good. "Stevie was under police guard for ages, but it didn't put Bromley off," says Seiga. "So the Gerrards called in a few contacts to sort it out. They're a well-respected family in Liverpool, so there was no shortage of hard men willing to step in for them."

>And step in they did. In court, John Kinsella said he was the fixer who solved the problem by having "words". According to a well-placed source, however, Kinsella was not alone in his mission - and words were not the principal deterrent.

>"It wasn't just Kinsella, we all got after Bromley about it," Seiga told me this week. "We knew what he was doing was wrong and he needed to be put straight.

>"Yes, there were some strong words spoken. But I think the thing which really convinced him to cut it out was being shot in the mouth."
>>
>>64427395

All of those team trophies are irrelevant. Manchester United was the richest and best-coached team in England by far, they would have won all those trophies even if Scholes was on the bench the entire time.
>>
Lampard > Gerrard > Scholes
>>
File: url.png (108 KB, 394x578) Image search: [Google]
url.png
108 KB, 394x578
Take the pens away and take into account the extra games, Scholes is the true winner, not lampard. The stats there don't show creativity or intricate link up play. Scholes destroyed both in those aspects. The fact his goals still compete aswell is just another reason why he's easily the best of the 3.
>>
When I am working, it helps me a lot to think of Scholes. Only the thought of Scholes! I don't remember any of his goals or passes concretely. I remember only his supremely ascetic manner. His simplicity. His clarity. The thought of Scholes helps me to concentrate on the central idea of the sport.
- Andrej Tarkovskij
>>
File: 1404018182850s.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1404018182850s.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>64429037

>When I look back at my career, I feel I did everything there could be done in the game. Won all that was possible given my impressive talent. If there was one guy who came close to my achievements and respect amongst peers.. I'd have to say Paul Scholes.

>-Titus Bramble
>>
>>64425915
>these made up numbers

top kek
Nice work Ghana.
>>
Scholes had Keane next to him and still couldn't get the goals/assists of the other two. What did he have exactly? A passing range and creativity that couldn't translate to assists? He's only in the same bracket as the other two because of half of the Muslim world and Africa rambling on about how good he was.

Gerrard>Lampard>Carrick=Scholes
>>
>>64426901
>le quote man
>>
>>64425915
It's not really up for discussion really, Lampard was clearly the best.
>>
>>64429025
>penalties don't count
lol
>>
>>64425984
can someone explain what happened here? I keep hearing about this slip
>>
>>64426082
>muh 1 club player
That's just an excuse, no other club wanted him

The first offer he had was some American club and he took it
>>
>>64443466
Basically this is defined as the turning point in that season.
Before the game Gerrard had said in a team talk "THIS WILL NOT FUCKING SLIP", as in their league position of first.
Gerrard, darling of Liverpool, never won the prem then proceeds to literally slip, Chelsea score and win and the game.
Liverpool end up finishing second
>>
>>64443559
Holy kek, what year did this happen?
>>
>>64443598
2013-2014

On YouTube you should be able to find both the slip and the team talk.
Honestly, you couldn't make this shit up.
>>
>>64443506
Gerrard was going to move to Chelsea for more money, but changed his mind after death threats from Scouse gangsters.
>>
>>64443506
>no other club wanted him
[citation needed]

oh, wait, you don't have one.
>>
Scholes > Keane > Hargreaves > Carras > Keane > Cleverley > Anderson > Gibson > Rodrigo Possebon > Ekangamene > Lamps > SlippyG
>>
>>64443506
That was when he was 34, though. A lot of different teams were after Gerrard when he was in his prime. Chelsea nearly signed him in 2005 (allegedly, death threats from Scouse gangsters prevented the move), United wanted him, and so did Real Madrid. Gerrard was one of the best midfielders in the world in his prime, he could have easily done what Alonso and Mascherano did and left for one of the mega-rich clubs.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.