[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>True fans are from the same city as the team, time doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 1412706543798.jpg (22 KB, 300x220) Image search: [Google]
1412706543798.jpg
22 KB, 300x220
>True fans are from the same city as the team, time doesn't matter

>True fans have supported the team for many years, it doesn't matter where you're from

Well which is it /sp/ ? You've been contradicting yourself for years, it's about time you pick one.
>>
>>64418368
either. who gives le fuck
>>
Time as a fan has to be a minimum 10 years.

Location trumps all
>>
>true fans do not fall for memes and instead of arguing where it is true fandom or not, he cheers for his team no matter what.
>>
You're watching a bunch of grown men play a children's game for millions of dollars. They couldn't give two shits less if your local or if you've been watching them for 30 years. They just want your money.
>>
If only /sp/ was one person like you're thinking it is
>>
File: sp every thread.png (35 KB, 299x102) Image search: [Google]
sp every thread.png
35 KB, 299x102
>>64418764
autists that need something to argue about, i.e. all the spastics on this board
>>
Which ever is most useful to justify shitposting and calling someone a bandwaggoner more at the time
>>
>>64418368
People drive from afar to get to games in Charlotte. See them all up and down 85 on game days.

>>64418764

Exactly
>>
Bandwaggoning pro sports is meaningless. Who gives a fuck? Pro athletes don't give a shit about the city they play in. It's about the money and the chance to win championships. If Cleveland was winning Super Bowls, players would want to play there. And Cleveland is a stinking shit hole. If Detroit was able to pay more for players than every other NFL team, the players would want to play there. They wouldn't give a shit that the city of Detroit is an open sewer.

So why pretend it matters what team you choose to support? Owners pack teams up and move them when ever they want just to make more money. They don't give a shit about the where...just about the dollars.
>>
What the fuck is a "true fan"? Willing to donate a kidney to the owner? Maybe offer the wife up for a team wide gang bang?

meaningless term is meaningless
>>
I've supported Raiders since the start of this century when I was 9 years old and I plan on doing so for the rest of my days.

The only people who give me shit are /sp/ and retarded shithawks and naners fans because I don't live in california
>>
>>64419708
>So why pretend it matters what team you choose to support? Owners pack teams up and move them when ever they want just to make more money.

This isn't how it works in foreign soccer leagues tbf, for Europeans and South Americans the idea of a team just packing up and moving is blasphemous. Teams like Arsenal that just moved around are considered to be plastic franchises.
>>
>>64420760
Yeah but who gives a shit about foreign soccer leagues tbf
>>
Regarding bandwagoning:
I chose a team as my favorite when I was 5 because I liked their logo. I'm been sad on days when they lost, happy when they won, and never once rooted against them. I've never put a single thought towards rooting for another team. I can tell you all about the players of old and new in the team. Yet, because I live a thousand miles away, I'm told by /sp/ that I'm a bandwagoner. Location has nothing to do with being a fan.
>>
>>64421038
>I'm told by /sp/
/sp/ is a circlejerk of faggots. I'm surprised you didn't know that by now.
>>
>True fans are people who are fans of their team.
>>
don't be a bandwagoner

that's it
>>
>>64421038
>actually caring about any opinions in this hellhole

Why?
>>
>>64421015
The entire world aside from two countries that happen to be right next to each other
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (145 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
145 KB, 1280x720
>he hasn't defended his club's heritage from parasites and plastics
>he supports a club that has changed nickname or location in the last 30 years

Like, I get how people support Baseball clubs or teams like the Chicago Bears, but how can you want to be a "Utah Jazz diehard" or one of those embarrassing MLS hooligans?
>>
>>64426626
>Hooligans
Shit-tier language and terms are not allowed here. Get the fuck >>>/out/
>>
>>64426626
>jazz fans cant be diehards

I hope this is a bad troll job
>>
>>64418368
Both. If you move, you don't switch teams unless you're a casual. If you are in the same place, you don't switch teams unless you're a casual.
>>
>>64418368
You support your local team.

There are a couple of exceptions, but on the whole you support your local team.

If you have a family member who raises you to support a team other than the local one, support that team.

If you are from another country, and are visiting for business, or study, or vacation, and are introduced to the sport or League, support the local team of whatever sport/league.

Other than that though, nearly every other reason for liking a non local team gets into degrees of bandwagoning, which is just shitty.
>>
The feeling of supporting a local team is too much bigger to bandwagon some winning team in the other corner of the country.
Tears flow by with every goal of my local team even that we are in 3rd division. I used to support a 1st divison big team who always win but it was a fucking lie.
Support your local, never regret
>>
>>64428553
A few years later i moved to another city because better university. And i still only support my local. I dont give a shit about 1st division plastic teams it just bores me
>>
>>64421038
Which logo was it?
>>
>>64429047
Spurs. I went through a cowboy phase when I was 5, as all little boys should. I wore cowboy boots everywhere and the spurs logo caught my eye. I was talking about Robinson before I even knew what basketball was. It's certainly been an easy ride since then.
>>
The only time you get a pass if you root for a team that isn't from the same city as you is if your father rooted for the team. If not you are a fucking bandwagon shitter.
>>
>>64418783
This
Also age, if you're 21 and you just started rooting for the seacucks that's a no go
But if you were 10 when the Pats went 18-1 then that's understandable
>>
>giving a shit whether people call you a bandwagoner or not

So long as you support your team and watch the games, feel bad when they lose, you're a fan. Nothing else to it.
>>
>>64426626
>DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING!
Excellent use of signage
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.