[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This state is the ultimate bandwagon state and not one professional
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
This state is the ultimate bandwagon state and not one professional team in the USA has a hold on the state.

Infact the only sport that even has a hold on the state is college teams. Specifically in basketball for both of the two college teams supported in it.

Having gone to school there I seen everything from packers shirts, patriot hoodies, Steelers stuff, Colts, a bit of everything because no one had anything to support and that went for the NBA, MLB, all that. Only thing everyone pretty much agreed with is that you didn't support ohio teams.
>>
Anyone got a webm of the Iowa game looking at the crowd? That's how I imagine Kentucky to look...but with more inbreeding
>>
I see Red Sox shit all over the south
>>
Kentuckians are subhuman. Worst state.
>>
>>64388818
I noticed that after every championship when going throughout school, world series, NBA one, and Superbowl there'd be at least 10 kids suddenly wearing gear of the winning team out of nowhere.
>>
>>64388870
Lived in KY too, I also remember kids hating UK to be edgy then loving them when the won an NC
>>
>>64389898
I lived in Louisville so hating UK was part of being a Citizen. Ended up moving right after the Cards won in 2013 and it was wonderful being in the city for that.
>>
whoa, a state that has no pro teams supports random teams. how crazy
>>
They can't even decide on tiny burgers. Only state in the union to have both White Castle and Krystal

(Krystal is ass btw, fuck you)
>>
how can a whole state have no team at all in any sport when florida has 3 nfl teams alone. surely they would come together and sell out a sports team if they were given one just because its the only pro team they have
>>
>>64389970
Kentucky is special though. Most states without pro teams isn't a blackhole for fandom.

North/South Dakots are vikings fans.

Kansas doesn't technically have a proteam but it's Chiefs/Royals territory pretty much. Maybe some Broncos pulling in East Kansas.

You look at it and states without any proteams have something go off of, a majority support. I've lived in Kansas, and Kentucky, both states without a proteam but the difference is huge. Kentucky supports random teams with no ties nearby in location and people a lot of the time won't support ohio teams for no real reason except for ohio teams don't win. They'd rather wear a seahawks jersey since they won recently, or put on a giants shirt.

I bet you if Cam goes undefeated you're going to see a lot of SC Jerseys on people from Kentucky.
>>
>>64388870
Yeah there's a bunch of edgy bandwagoners in New Orleans - New fucking Orleans - wearing Seahawks shit now.
>>
Yeah OP you're pretty much right. I also like how the media/businesses try to force Cincinnati sports on us but no one outside of the very top tip of the state gives a fuck about them.
>>
>>64390039
Very little reward for the risk of starting an expansion. College BTFOs everything in Kentucky, Alabama and Mississippi. It would take years to attract a fanbase to make the investment worthwhile.

Relocating a shitty failing franchise there would be an even bigger joke.
>>
>>64390092
Well for NFL alone they're in relative proximity to the Bengals, Colts, Rams (for now), and Titans. They're also still in a decent day drive from Redskins, Ravens, Browns, Bears, Chiefs, Steelers and even Saints and Eagles territory lapping nearby. It's not hard to see why they're so torn.
>>
>>64390216
And Panthers and Falcons. Whew. Sure i'm still missing more.
>>
>>64390092
West Kansas*
>>
>>64390444
Yeah thanks for the correction. Meant west kansas. Also checked.
>>
>>64390039
>no team at all in any sport
That's not true though. It's just not a team in one of the 4 major leagues
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_in_Kentucky#Professional_sports_teams

And there's more people in Florida than Kentucky
>>
Any pro team will always be second fiddle to college sports, even though college sports is objectively a worse product. If the Kentucky Colonels were reinstated in Louisville it'd be 3rd fiddle behind UL and UK. Our best chance would be if Louisville City joins MLS.
>>
>>64390039
unlike in Britbongistan we have no regulation system or pyramid for our sports, so the pros are reserved for only the highest revenue generating franchises in cities with the biggest markets, so states without large cities or marketing power usually end up being big on college sports, which is competition wise is enough to be on the level of League One or the Football Championship, with the NFL/NBA being the Premiership. Considering, though Universities have billions of dollars of power, influence, and tradition, college sports end up having a huge monopoly on fan viewership, especially in states without pro teams.
>>
>>64391090

US taxpayer subsidises sports teams

Land of the free lunch
>>
>From Nebraska
>Dad and step mom like Saints
>Oldest bro and I like Chiefs
>Other brother likes Vikings
>One uncle likes Packers
>One likes Bears
>and one likes Broncos
>>
>>64388860
As a Kentuckian born and raised, I can confirm.
>>
everyone in north kentucky supports the bengals
>>
Almost dated one, wanted to eat my ass and went on about how she loved doing it. Find out later she got strepp throat
Disgusting T.B.H
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.