[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-un ited/story/2766026/manch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3
File: jose-mourinho_epa_2587091e.jpg (15 KB, 300x187) Image search: [Google]
jose-mourinho_epa_2587091e.jpg
15 KB, 300x187
http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-united/story/2766026/manchester-united-discussing-jose-mourinho-sources

So they're discussing hiring the guy whom botched the job at Chelsea with a guy that isn't doing all that bad.
>>
>>64382986

JM > LVG
>>
>>64382986

the guy who isn't doing so bad only has one year left on his contact anyway so they want someone who might be able to win a trophy
>>
>>64382986

>guy that isn't doing all that bad
>doing worse than Moyes despite 250 million spent
>crashed out of CL
>no longer top 4
>players not motivated

Mou is good at turning trash into gold. his struggles at Chelsea were his players being lazy fucks. still won a title with them last year
>>
If they hire Mourinho I hope they're relegated
>>
>>64383038
>muh everyone's fault but mine
>muh mind games when I behave like a petulant child even with my players
>>
Does he even have a philosophy?

If so what is it?
>>
The problem with Mourinho at Chelsea is that Abramovich wanted Tiki Taka football. The players wanted Tiki Taka football. The squad was created to play Tiki Taka football. But Mourinho is a counter attacking coach.
>>
>>64383038
>his struggles at Chelsea were his players being lazy fucks. still won a title with them last year

>Chelsea doing well
>MOURINHO IS GOAT
>Chelsea sucking
>i-it's the players
I hate this sort of doublethink and no coach benefits more from it than Mourinho.
>>
>this fucking manager shifting madness
>A to B, B to C, C to D
I can't fucking believe this kind of retarded thinking actually works out sometimes.
>>
Rather have Gary Neville or Paul Scholes tbhfam
>>
>>64383074

It's park the bus & win no matter what
>>
United just needs fresh players.
> Rooney
Off to mls

> schweinsteiger
Absurd to even get

> mata
Fucked if Jose comes aboard.
>>
>>64383078
>The squad was created to play Tiki Taka football

>goalkeeper who can't play off the line
>top CB can't play out the back and can not play in a high line
>maybe 2 creative CMs on the squad (one of them known cancer and choker)
>all strikers are poachers who do not contribute to build up play
I don't think you know what tiki taka football is
>>
>>64383080

but it's the truth. When Mourinho has the players on his side the sky's the limit. his style though can bring problems to the dressing room and he has lost the players more than once which has caused instability and poor results. LvG is old school and his philosophy isn't getting the job done. Mou would come in and add real stability in the short term and give Giggs another World class manager to learn from so he can eventually take over. It's all about results in the short term with a team like United so the business can continue to grow while they build a more long term option to take over
>>
>>64383111
The defense is not suited for it, but the midfielders and attackers are. William is pretty good, but he is pretty much incapable of working in a team geared towards fast transitions. He is a counter attack killer.
>>
>>64383080
Mourinho apologists are cancer, they live for the drama, probably wwe fans
>>
>>64383138
There are like 5-6 players on the entire squad suited for possession football (Pedro, Willian, Oscar, Hazard, Fabregas, Asspie) and even some of those are questionable. That's not nearly enough, especially with a defence that would be an utter disaster in a high line
>>
>>64383131
His style only brought problems with dressing room on Chelsea. The problem with Real was basically due to the Barcelona rivalry.

Mourinho wanted his players to kick the Barcelona players, to increase their chances of victories. Some of the Spaniards felt this would ruin the Spanish National Team and Real Madrid's image. The only one he got in a fight with outside of this was Cristiano Ronaldo, due to a crash of egos (and iirc, the players actually thought Mourinho was right in this one, Ronaldo was not helping the defense and they complained that this was hurting the rest of the team)
>>
File: RAHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM.jpg (30 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
RAHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM.jpg
30 KB, 615x409
while we get pep and messi

poor manure
>>
>>64383179
Matic could as well. So could Costa.

And Chelsea was playing with a high line (with disastrous results, might I add).
>>
>>64383226
go away
>>
>>64383227
>Matic could as well
in a very limited role. Busquets has more creativity and passing ability in his pinky.

>So could Costa
That's 100%, we saw how that worked out with the Spanish NT. He looked like a pub player on a team that tried to slow things down and control the game with possession
>>
>>64383226
>Messi
Literally impossible senpai
If those rumors keep up we'll get another one of these
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-kSf48LvdB4
>>
>>64383200

like I said, United is a business and everything is based on results. LvG is done and everyone knows it. Bringing in a name like Mourinho is what is best for business.
>>
>>64383240
Busquets is an outlier. Matic does have what it takes for a possession style. IMO, more so than he is suited for a counter style.

I think Costa, when playing well, also could participate in the Tiki Taka.

Even if you discount those two, you would have:

Fabregas,
William, Oscar and Hazard

That's pretty much the entire midfield of Chelsea that is mostly good for a possession style.
>>
>>64383256
>Literally impossible senpai

nothing is impossible when you're Manchester City, the only team in Manchester.
>>
Mourinho's problems wasn't tactics, it's the fact he's a meglomaniac that alienates anyone he doesn't like
>>
>>64383317
Except winning the Champions League
>>
Can they hire her too. Won't be awkward at all.
>>
>>64383347
wait for pep
>>
>>64383406
*till the end of the season*

Nobody can stop City this year. Barcalona are overrated, so are Bayern. Every other team is completely beneath City otherwise
>>
>>64383406
Pep hasn't won the CL with Bayern. What makes you think he could do it with an inferior team?
>>
>>64383454
because we have heart unlike those overpaid shite moffen
>>
>>64383497
If you have heart then why do you need Pep?
>>
>>64383515
because a team of hearts won't manage themselves
>>
>>64383317
What is it with the Dutch supporting City?

Bandwagoning is the obvious reason but there must be some sort of propaganda going on to convert you all into sheik sympathisers.
>>
>>64383586
ali benarbia
>>
>>64383595
An Algerian who spent the majority of his playing days in France?

I'm not seeing the link.
>>
>>64383621
you're pretty much algeria 2 now
>>
>>64383256
Fuckin Neymar with the top tier bantz, holy shit
>>
>>64383454
You say that as if winning is automatic, even the best teams don't always win and if it wasn't for major refball then Dortmund wins that CL after all that Bayern choking. Things have to go your way like with Di Matteo and based Drogba, will always love them for that
>>
>>64383256

What a prick, lmao
>>
>>64383719
>not knowing Talksport
>>
>>64383719
>>64384202
>these retards
>>
>>64383586
it's literally one guy
>>
I think Pep is an easymoed faget who would rather just go to City because muh team muh oil monies muh new facilities... Jose on the other hand has always WANTED to manage United.

Hire him. LVG is shit, fuck him, cut him loose, sentimentality does no one any good at this point.

Giggs will ALWAYS be there, even if he leaves during a Mourinho tenure and does well somewhere else he would drop everything and come running back if/when called.
>>
>>64383586
Why do all shitpostalians support Chelsea?

I'm pretty sure it's because they heard Cahill plays for them
>>
Mata will be in treats is this happens.
>>
will united fans sing "jose mourinho" at games after he signs, will be funny if they do
>>
>>64383111

It was really moving more towards that under Emanalo, he was building a great team. Mou fucked it up with muh athletes and muh B2B midfielders.

>KdB
>Schurrle
>Mata
>Lukaku
>>
>>64383586
It's one shitposter, who spends all day on here. You will learn to avoid him.
>>
who will chelsea get?

ancoletti is going to bayern
pep to city
mou to united

chelsea get stuck with ... ? conte ? simmone?
>>
I really can't imagine any United fan wanting Mouyes in charge
>>
>revive Porto from years slumber, return them to the top in Portugal while taking them to new heights in Europe (EL, CL)
>inherit Ranieri's admittedly good work, but take them to the next level, creating a brutal and efficient machine for back-to-back titles, and stopped in Europe only by refball (ghost goal). Turn Chelsea from a midtable into an elite club overnight
>take over Mancini's underachieving Inter, win them the CL for the first time since the 60s, even beating literally them best team in the world along the way (Barca)
>take over at underachieving Real Madrid, who've been overtaken and humiliated by this Barca phenomenon. Instill discipline and fire in them, lose out the first year but beat Barca and take the title the second year. Literally beating the best team in the world to the title. Literally driving Pep to resign. Also almost took them to the CL final 3 times after, getting knocked out in the round of 16 by Lyon like 5 times in a row
>Pick up the pieces at underachieving (since he left) Chelsea. Have to work with shit players but rebuild the squad and lead them to the title again, cucking Liverpool's title dreams for another generation along the way.

Fixing underachieving teams/clubs is literally Mou's speciality. Watch how he transforms Depay, Shaw, Blind, Rojo, Jones, Januzaj et al into machines. This job is made for him now.
>>
>>64391376
Who cares, chelsea isn't relevant to those teams
>>
Lads, I accidentally said Mouyes in conversation today, am I forgiven?
>>
Give him 3 years

The problem at Chelsea were cunt players throwing a strop and not wanting to play under Mouyes.

Mourinho will win trophies at United, keep them stable and make the progression to the next manager smooth.
>>
sounds fake, LvG is doing very well and Mourinho is clearly in a major slump
>>
>>64393582
>LvG is doing very well

kek
>>
>>64393587
>Brits in charge of soccer knowledge
>>
>>64393629
>6 game winless streak including back to back losses to promoted teams
>out of an easy CL group
>knocked out the league cup by Middlesbrough at home
>incredibly boring football
>>
>>64393647
The felowsofee is obviously 2deep4u.
>>
>>64393647
it's a soft spot in the schedule, and don't forget the injuries.
>>
>>64393695
>soft spot in the schedule
The fuck?
>>
>>64383256

lel, obviously he's not even saying what is shown in those subtitles, still funny though
>>
I'm not sure Mo is ready to get back in the saddle just yet.
He looked on the verge of a nervous breakdown when Abramovich sacked...I mean, let him go by "mutual consent".
I'd take my time getting my personal life in order before being thrown to the wolves at ManU.
>>
>>64383226
How was that loss today shitskin?
>>
>>64393391
i pray it happens, but manutd brass will fuck this up, arguably the world's biggest club are managed by absolute retards
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.