[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For /sp/artans who have lost a team, how did you cope with the loss?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 23
File: chargers.gif (15 KB, 540x289) Image search: [Google]
chargers.gif
15 KB, 540x289
It's hard dealing with the idea that the Chargers might actually be gone. They've been a constant in my life for 23 years and now they might actually leave.

I know there are some who will still cheer for the Chargers in LA, but I don't think I can.

For those of you bros who've seen your favorite team relocate, how did you guys cope?
>>
>american "sports"
>>
Well when the Oilers left when I was a kid I cried then didn't watch football that much until 2002.

It's a void that is still there, unfortunately.
>>
>>64381429
I have been driving north to oakland for the past 15 years so I don't know

If anything you should be grateful that they're only moving around 10-20 miles north of SD
>>
>>64381453
Non-califag here

I thought LA and SD were ~2 hours apart?
>>
>>64381448
At least you guys got the Texans with an owner who cares.

We will most likely never have another NFL team again. Sports leagues for some reason think of Southern California as one sports market, yet they think that shitholes like Oakland deserve any teams.

>>64381453
LA and SD have nothing in common. We have always had a deep sports rivalry with LA

Dodgers/Padres
Raiders/Chargers
>>
>>64381464
Around that time span yeah

maybe an 1hr30min at the very least
>>64381468
Dodgers and Padres I'll give you that, that is a legitimate GOAT rivalry but chargers and raiders have not been a good rivalry since the 80s with constant playoff contentions from both sides.
>>
>>64381480
Point being is that the Chargers and Raiders became more contentious rivals because of the Raiders being in LA
>>
>>64381464
Closer to 3-4

On weekends, it takes 5 hours. I can fly to New York faster than getting to LA
>>
I was 11 years old when the hornets got moved out of Charlotte. I was heartbroken, especially cause I was too young to understand what was going on between shinn and the city. I didn't watch the NBA again until the heat vs mavericks finals. The bobcats always seemed like a half assed attempt at consolation. It's like they snuck down my chimney at night, stole my Hugo the hornet stockings full of sweet gifts(which we still use every year) and replaced it with a dirty sock full of coal.

But I finally started getting I to the bobcats in 2012 because the tickets were like 5 bucks each and now we're the hornets again. I still won't ever really forgive the NBA though.

Hang in there chargers bros.
>>
File: 1373729807417.gif (2 MB, 198x222) Image search: [Google]
1373729807417.gif
2 MB, 198x222
>>64381515
the traffic from SD to LA is not that bad

stop bullshitting
>>
>american sports teams can just get up and move wherever they want just to chase the money

disgusting
>>
>>64381429
>Moving biking distance away.
Shut the fuck up faggot.
>>
>american "sports"
Absolutely shameful
>>
>>64381464

They're 2-4 hours apart depending on traffic. They're actually the same distance apart that Philadelphia and New York are - and the sports rivalry between LA and SD is pretty similar to NY and Philly. Can you imagine a Giants fan remaining loyal to the Giants if they moved to Philly, and driving to Philly to watch a game? Yeah, I can't either.
>>
I lost my local hockey club to bankruptcy when I was 13-14. Never been to a game since. I became a football fan instead.
>>
>>64381651
SD and LA have a bitter city rivalry, much like Philly/NYC and Milwaukee and Chicago do

SD has more in common with San Francisco than LA
>>
>>64381708
>Not still going to support them with your old gear and creating a hostile environment for new fans.
And this is why California is the most kucked state there is.
>>
>>64381750
Again, with weekend traffic, I can get to Chicago faster than I can get to LA

Would people in NYC go to Boston if their teams moved there?
>>
Chargers fan here. Saw last home game last night. Pretty surreal. Fuck em if they want to play 5th fiddle in a town that isn't going to watch them. I take it as an opportunity to ween myself off the NFL tit. Shit is absurd.
>>
As a Browns fan, it was hard.

But I'd rather them be gone for good than us have the embarassment that we have ever week.

There are worse things than relocation.
>>
>>64381750

Yeah let me go give the NFL and owner of the team that left my money and while im at it let me give money to that city also.

Please guy.
>>
My parents got a divorce at the same time the oilers left, so I would always watch football with my grandpa. He being from Boston, we always watched the Pats. P fun to watch and root for a team that was good.

luv ya blue
>>
>>64381616
It's completely that awful especially when the border patrol station past Oceanside starts checking every car.
>>
>>64381750
>Going to support the Chargers in a stadium full of Raiders watching to support the Away team
>Getting stabbed to give money to Spanos after a 3 hour drive

Not a chance in hell.
>>
>>64381429
So youre gonna stop supporting them just cause theyre moving to another city (in the same fucking state)
What the fuck is wrong with american sports culture.
>>
>>64381786
>Fuck em if they want to play 5th fiddle in a town that isn't going to watch them.

Just described what they did in San Diego.
>>
>>64381750
>I still care for my ex and give her money and gifts even after she left me to fuck some guy named Angel. He always treated her like shit, but somehow she wanted to be with him more than staying with me.
"No, Anon. You are the cuck.”
And then Anon was a cuck.
>>
>>64382034
The town may have been fairweather as fuck (as if LA won't be?) but the Chargers owned San Diego. They were always the #1 sports franchise in town. In LA, they'll be lucky to be #3.
>>
>>64382034
That's really only this year. Away fans barely ever come close to being that present, even Raiders fans don't take over the Q as frequently as one might think when they're in town.

All the commotion in the off-season is what caused the turn-outs. Nobody wants to give the team management a penny, now we're all in grief because to get rid of the management we have to actually get rid of the team we love.
>>
File: oilers.jpg (369 KB, 1365x1024) Image search: [Google]
oilers.jpg
369 KB, 1365x1024
Born in 84, grew up an Oilers fan. They left just as I was entering my teen years.

Boycotted the NFL for a few years and then latched onto the Saints when they had a miracle season in 2000, still cheer for the Saints even though Houston has had a team back for awhile now. Texans just never seemed "right" to me desu senpai
>>
>>64381429
Chargers management is still living on this fairy tale that the fans from San Diego will support the team once it goes to LA, but the turnout to games this year should tell them a different story. Chargers are gonna spend at least a decade in fairweather hell, especially if they're bad for an extended period of time.
>>
>>64381515
dude don't bs its about 2 hours
>>
I've been reading on numerous sport sites the comments about the chargers moving away and they are heartbreaking, if they do move away i hope they never win shit.

The only franchises that had to move were the browns and the sonics.
>>
>>64382202
82 here and literally cried when they left. I went to so many games with my uncle, it was like losing a family member when they left.
>>
>>64382202
The titties are the new oilers
>>
>>64381515
M8 wut
>>
>>64381429
My condolences to all you Chargers fans.
Honestly, no one should have to go through this bullshit.
>>
>>64382512
>ever acknowledging the team Bud Adams stole from us

ONE YARD SHORT BEST DAY OF MY LIFE
>>
File: average dodger supporters.png (287 KB, 457x313) Image search: [Google]
average dodger supporters.png
287 KB, 457x313
I had season tickets to the Bakersfield Blitz arena league football team, when the team folded my Dad bought season tickets to the local junior college football team since there are no NCAA football teams within 100 miles of me
>>
File: tfw no soccer team.png (123 KB, 851x506) Image search: [Google]
tfw no soccer team.png
123 KB, 851x506
>>64381634
there are more cities that want teams than there are teams in the league. supply and demand

I have CSUB baseball season tickets because the team will never up and relocate like my minor league team wants to.
>>
>>64382111
go watch the fucking dads play or your furpuck team
>>
I'm sorry, but did the Chargers already lose? Oh, that's right. The game isn't even over yet. In fact, it's only halftime. Does not having the lead at halftime count as a loss? Is that what you're saying? Because if you're saying that I can assure you that you're wrong. Why would you make this topic when the game is still on? The Chargers are still playing right now and they have been the best team in the AFC West for how many years now? They're playing one of the worst teams in the NFL who just happen to have a lead because they're feeding off the energy of playing in a Monday Night Game. But you know what? They still fucking suck. The Chargers are one of the best fucking teams in the NFL, they went 13-3 last year and would of won the Super Bowl if the kicker didn't choke. Maybe you should shut the fuck up before you make retarded topics like this. You know why? Because you're going to be embarrassed when the Chargers wins and someone bumps this topic. Oh look at that, the Chiefs just stepped out of bounds short of the 1st down when they needed to get one, just like the Jets did. Are you a fucking drunk? Are you retarded? Are you autistic? You are a fucking idiot and you should never make a topic on this board again and I'm fucking serious. I almost have a feeling you're the only guy making all these anti-Chargers topics because you're a faggot hater who doesn't like the team because they're good. Fuck you, be good at something in YOUR life and then maybe try to troll these fucking teams on the board, like I give a fuck. It's so easy to spot out your threads now, you're a retard. Always doing stupid shit like this. Why don't you try to be a good poster? Just for once? For once in your fucking life try not to make a topic like this. That's just you, you're always right at getting it wrong. Fuck you. You are nothing.
>>
File: 1426148458911.jpg (16 KB, 186x159) Image search: [Google]
1426148458911.jpg
16 KB, 186x159
>>64387555
>>
When the Braves left Milwaukee it was the saddest day of my life
>>
>>64387430
Already watch the Dads. Haven't got out to watch the Gulls yet. Did you read the comment I was responding to?
>>
File: 1429290049917.jpg (15 KB, 333x347) Image search: [Google]
1429290049917.jpg
15 KB, 333x347
>>64387555
>555
>>
>>64387805
Holy Fuck grandpa, what are you doing on 4chan?
>>
>a team can move across the country just cause the owner wants some more money
What kind of disgusting 'sports' allow that?
>>
>>64388072
>MK Dons
>>
>>64388140
A team ostracised and nationally looked down on. Meanwhile Abramovich can't even move Chelsea across london, if he was owner of an american team he'd have already moved it across the country a dozen times
>>
File: bongs btfo.png (720 KB, 1600x994) Image search: [Google]
bongs btfo.png
720 KB, 1600x994
>>64388368
America is a fuck huge country. Cities that dont have teams want teams. Seattle had shit basketball attendance so their team moved to OKC a city that did not have a pro team
>>
>>64388541
>huge as fuck country
>still can't get enough teams together
>>
>>64388577
we have minor league teams for getting enough teams
>>
>>64388609
Did OKC have a minor league team?
>>
>>64388658
They had a minor league hockey team that relocated to Bakersfield California since it got shit attendance
>>
>>64388689
Why didn't Bakersfield already have a team? If your country is that big then everywhere should be able to get a team together, pretty much every village and their dog has a team here
>>
>>64381429
I just looked up the attendence and recent season records of the chargers and they're both decent.

Why would they move? Are they decent but not enough for the market?
>>
Now Ballmer can move the Clippers back to San Diego and basically own the city. Don't try to convince me this isn't the perfect scenario.
>Ballmer has a huge ego.
>San Diego needs a companion for the Friars and something to patch the hole that the Bolts are creating.
>The Clippers can only escape meme status if they move out of the Staples Center

Makes sense senpai.
>>
File: bakersfeel.png (119 KB, 547x717) Image search: [Google]
bakersfeel.png
119 KB, 547x717
>>64388732
Bakersfield had an AA team that was promoted to AAA level. There are only so many spots for farm teams.

Every random college like southern South Dakhoda has college sports that are well supported.
>>
File: 63456465745678.gif (168 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
63456465745678.gif
168 KB, 375x375
>>64381429
>American """"""""""""""sports""""""""""""""
>>
>>64388541
> shit basketball attendance

Sounds like you don't know half the truth behind that move buddy. Yes, the arena was becoming shit but Seattle got screwed over by that corrupt faggot David Stern and that country cuck Clay Bennett.
>>
I've seen a bunch of Raider fans make the trip from LA to Oakland like it's a trip to the beach. Fuck all that though ain't nobody trying to drive that far.

LA is an odd city in that the fans are pretty fucking diehard even though the Rams and Raiders are gone. I know Oakland fans would still the support the Raiders if they came down here doubt STL will do the same though.
>>
>>64388930
You did not want to do any stadium renovations and OKC did. Suck it up and go to college basketball games if you like the sport
>>
>>64389064
you would think they would just book a flight or something
>>
>>64388835
>english "premier" league
>best players are in spain

>invent divegrass
>can't beat america in the world cup

>ask englads to name their best athlete
>first name that comes up is "andy murray"
>not even english
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 323x287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 323x287
>>64388809
>want to go to Chicago Wolves games
>they feed into the Blues

Fuck this. Switch the icehogs and the wolves right goddamn now.
>>
>>64381616
Takes 2 hours with traffic from Santa Ana. From San Diego you are looking at 3 hours minimum on a bad day....such as a football sunday
>>
>>64389307
That's the hard part about minor league sports. If you go to see your local team, you are probably cheering for someone else's players.
>>
>>64389307
> AHL tickets way cheaper
> Hawks AAA would eat into parent club's profits at United Center
That would be amazing though.
>>
File: 1450448649298.gif (500 KB, 242x251) Image search: [Google]
1450448649298.gif
500 KB, 242x251
>>64387555
One of /sp/'s most loved pastas with trips.
Coincidence? I think not.
>>
>>64381515
It never took me more than 3 hours to get to Inglewood from San Diego when I drove that way literally every Friday during rush hour for 3 months
>>
>>64381429
It's not your fault. Just remember that. You didn't do anything wrong personally.
>>
>>64381859
Which never happens. I travel from SD up the 5 to Santa Barbara twice a month and that has literally never happened to me.
>>
>>64387555
I'm sorry, but did the Chargers already move? Oh, that's right. The decision hasn't even been made yet. In fact, it's only Week 16. Does not having the owner who cares about your city count as moving? Is that what you're saying? Because if you're saying that I can assure you that you're wrong. Why would you make this topic when the team is still in San Diego? The Chargers are still in San Diego right now and they have been the best team in the city for how many years now? They're playing one of the worst stadiums in the NFL that just happens to have a lot of opposing fans because they're feeding off the lack of support of disillusioned fans. But you know what? They're still fucking here. San Diego is one of the best fucking cities in America, they had 70 degree weather in December last year and would of had rain if the weather wasn't a drought. Maybe you should shut the fuck up before you make retarded topics like this. You know why? Because you're going to be embarrassed when the Chargers stay in San Diego and someone bumps this topic. Oh look at that, the Rams just announced they're building a stadium when the city needed to get just one team, just like the Chicago does. Are you a fucking drunk? Are you retarded? Are you autistic? You are a fucking idiot and you should never make a topic on this board again and I'm fucking serious. I almost have a feeling you're the only guy making all these anti-Spanos topics because you're a faggot hater who doesn't like the city because it's nice. Fuck you, be good at something in YOUR life and then maybe try to troll these fucking teams on the board, like I give a fuck. It's so easy to spot out your threads now, you're a retard. Always doing stupid shit like this. Why don't you try to be a good poster? Just for once? For once in your fucking life try not to make a topic like this. That's just you, you're always right at getting it wrong. Fuck you. You are nothing.
>>
Happened to me about 1/2 the time when I drove from San Diego to LA a lot when my family lives in LA and I was going to UCSD... wasted about 5-10 minutes
>>
>>64389745
Excellent
>>
File: brownswhy.jpg (135 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
brownswhy.jpg
135 KB, 1920x1080
I'm sorry, Chargers familia.
>>
File: 1445207667324.jpg (22 KB, 557x559) Image search: [Google]
1445207667324.jpg
22 KB, 557x559
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14411090
>>
File: oh...myhart.png (429 KB, 630x780) Image search: [Google]
oh...myhart.png
429 KB, 630x780
>>
File: 1450132742323.jpg (50 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
1450132742323.jpg
50 KB, 768x432
>>64389745
>>
>>64386093
its >>64382202 here, 1 YARD LOL is literally what brought me back into the NFL come to think of it. So poetic.
>>
>>64390124
does this happen at the end of every season, logos get removed from the fields, or is this really a portent of whats to come
>>
File: nist_periodic_table.png (447 KB, 1526x1185) Image search: [Google]
nist_periodic_table.png
447 KB, 1526x1185
>>64381429
as an orange county citizen who went to college in san diego during the rivers, VJ, LT hayday, i have a strange suspicion that they're not going to end up in Carson.
>>
>>64390536
>periodic table
Anon, is there a joke I'm supposed to be getting?
>>
>>64390536
It's a weird scenario because the way the media is talking about it, there's THREE teams that are absolutely, positively, 100% moving to LA as soon as the years over.

Well anyone with half a brain can realize LA isn't gonna have 3 teams. Who's the odd team out, and what the fuck is gonna happen to them?

Of the three, I think the best chance of staying belongs to the Chargers. Either that or you're moving to London.
>>
>>64390674
>Of the three, I think the best chance of staying belongs to the Chargers. Either that or you're moving to London.
I really used to think this way. The thing is >>64373186
The League doesn't want the Raiders to go to LA, so that seemingly grants them the best chance of not going. What the Raiders have most going for them is that they are tied to the Chargers in Carson, and whether because Spanos and Mark Fabiani are bullshitting other other owners into believing shit like half of the City Council is in jail, and negotiations have to take place in jail (none of which is true), along with the League seemingly trying to help St Louis's last minute efforts to develop a new financing plan to build a new stadium, the Chargers are seemingly most likely to move because they are the only team the League doesn't mind moving, as well as San Diego being the town not being offered help in financing development. The Chargers are most likely to move not because they have the most valid claim to LA, but purely because they have the least obstruction preventing them from being able to leave.
>>
>>64390672
no picunrelated i just don't save frogs on my pc cuz friends use it sometimes and i don't want them knowing the true degree of my autism.

>>64390674
i agree no way they'll have 3. i think the rams are most probable.

i read that carson city board voted that they won't put up a stadium unless they get 2 teams and they dgaf if it's charger and raiders specifically. both can't seem to figure it out with their respective cities but oakland is broke as fuck and their fans are poorer generally because san diego gets their wealthy population but all the bay area richfucks live in silicon valley and SF (so they like 9ers even though they suck right now). also san antonio wants a team so i wouldn't be surprised if raiders end up there.
>>
>>64390842
>The League doesn't want the Raiders to go to LA, so that seemingly grants them the best chance of not going

Fuck me, how dumb is this group of owners?
This is starting to look like the god damn NHL.
The Raiders should be the FIRST team on their way to LA. They're already the most popular NFL team there, the team most associated with the city. The Raiders in LA would be a beautiful homecoming, a success waiting to happen.
The Rams seem like they're already gone, Kroenke is going to basically build the stadium with his own god damn bare hands, unless they can wrestle ownership of the Rams away from him, the Rams are going to LA.
But the Chargers in LA would be the NFL's version of the Sonics moving to Oklahoma City.
There's just no good reason for it besides god awful politics, and it does nothing to solve the shitty situations in Oakland and St. Louis.
>>
>>64388780
It's because the stadium is old as fuck, taken out of the Super Bowl host rotation, and the owner wants a stadium funded with taxpayer money

It's fucking criminal, but history has shown that if you tell the team to fuck off based on that, you end up paying even more to get another team that will probably be worse (see: New Browns, Bobcats/New Hornets, New Winnipeg Jets)
>>
>>64390920
The rams just got a new stadium deal approved. So they arent going back to LA
It will be the Chargers only I think, unless the raiders split a stadium with them.
>>
>>64388780
These meme needs to go away
No pro sports team has moved because of attendance in decades.
Especially in the NFL, where teams could not sell a single ticket and still print money.
>>
>>64391023
oh i didn't know that. interesting.

huh guess i'd have to catch up on some of the newer news. i mean i'd love for chargers to come closer to me but still i just get the feeling it's not gonna happen.
>>
>>64391023
>>64391118
They've had it in the works for a while, doesn't change the fact that Kroenke owns the land for a stadium in LA and clearly wants to own a team in LA.
It's more likely that the Rams go off to LA and are immediately replaced in St. Louis by the Chargers or Raiders.
>>
>>64391118
Rams will stay in St. Louis
Charges will move to San Diego
Raiders will be in limbo for a few years before moving to out of California
10 years from now the Jaguars will move to San Diego
>>
>>64391144
That would probably be the best solution for the NFL (best solution for the fans would probably be Raiders to LA alone)

The only problem is convincing either Spanos or Davis to move to St. Louis
>>
>>64391209
Well when one of them gets left out of LA, St. Louis is going to be the next best option.

I don't see why the league is so obsessed with having two teams in LA. All their going to do is take fans and money from one another. Splitting a market just doesn't work unless there's decades of tradition behind it.
>>
File: 1311947643459.jpg (23 KB, 257x276) Image search: [Google]
1311947643459.jpg
23 KB, 257x276
>>64391196
>Charges will move to San Diego
>10 years from now the Jaguars will move to San Diego
WE TWO TEAMS NAO!!!
>>
>>64391259
The Chargers have none of that in LA, which is why it's retarded that they're supposedly leading this race

The Rams at least have a history in LA, as do the Raiders. Also, I don't think StL is going to be the next best option for the next city to scare cities into building a stadium with taxpayer money. London will be the next one (as stupid as that sounds), and then probably San Antonio before St. Louis; if the Rams leave, StL football will have the same reputation that Atlanta has with hockey
>>
I wonder how much they are going to change the uniforms. It would annoy me to look like an ironic hipster wearing my Rivers jersey like that fag who wears a Quebec Nordiques jersey.
>>
>>64391462
Except St. Louis will have a big shiny new stadium.
>>
>>64390124
>>64390333

I also want to know this. Also, checked.
>>
>>64381429
Sonics fan here. I'm still having a hard time with it. The amount of Bullshit that happened over the course of 2 years pretty much turned me off to the NBA.

It's hard and never gets better.

Hang in there, bro.
>>
>>64381429
STL here: We're doing more than you. Fuck off. Just drive the 110 miles you entitled Californian fuck
>>
>>64390333
>>64391578
The Poinsettia Bowl is played at the Q every year. They have to put those logos on
>>
>>64391986
How much taxpayer revenue are you offering?
>>
Vancouver guy here. We lost the sonics then got the grizzlies and subsequently lost them too. Basketball is dead to me now.
>>
>>64392017
Well given that I make $6,000/month, and I get taxed on at least $550 of that, that much.

If you entitled shits don't want to pay taxes for something that will benefit your city, you deserve to lose a team

Look at what happened to Indianapolis after they built Lucas Oil - downtown boom.
>>
>>64391986
Fuck you, you stole the Rams
>>
>>64392059
>something that will benefit your city
A football team that plays 10 times a year doesn't benefit the city m8. You're better off trying to attract a NBA team, you can do a lot more with 45 games a year to revitalize downtown... most football stadiums are located in shitty parts of town or industrial parks because there's not enough volume in games and concerts to really bring in revenue.

You're better off spending those dollars to fix roads, build a convention center (you're centrally located so conventions will come if it's in a nice revitalized downtown) or other things that will create sustainable jobs and create wealth so you don't have another Ferguson.
>>
>>64392064
We didn't steal anything. Georgia came here on her own free will and we put our money where our mouths are.

>>64392123
Except football is by far the most popular sport in the US and more people spend more money for football than any other sporting event
>>
File: 1398742232807.png (130 KB, 534x629) Image search: [Google]
1398742232807.png
130 KB, 534x629
Also, North Stars fan here

I tried to jump on to other teams' bandwagons (the Ducks were first because lolDisneymovie, then the Blues), but it just wasn't the same until the Wild started up
>>
>>64391537
St. Louis isn't building that stadium if the Rams leave.

All they've done is approve a plan to finance a stadium, nothing they've done is binding and that plan would also need the approval of the NFL and the Rams ownership group.

Here's a hint, Stan Kroenke is never going to agree to a plan by St. Louis that isn't 100% funded by the tax payers.

As for the NFL, they agreed to put in $200 million on a stadium in St. Louis but the plan approved by the city calls for $300 million from the NFL.

The funding plan being approved means literally nothing at this point.
>>
>>64392185
Proof?

And that's $100 million more than SD or Oakland has put up
>>
>>64390674
the jasg are moving the london the chorgers have some fans
>>
>>64392123
baseball and hockey are the best for getting rich whites into your downtown. Concussion ball is just lol how people are cucked for something billionaires barely use for a week and a half
>>
>>64392207
What do you mean proof?

Look into it.

St. Louis can't force the Rams owner to give them money he hasn't agreed to give them.
>>
>>64392266

Yeah? Are you a lawyer? I didn't see anything of that nature.
>>
>>64392170
>more people spend more money for football than any other sporting event

The revenue for Jerseys (made in Central America) are distributed throughout the league, all the revenue for that goes to the billionaires who run the team, they're not gonna spend it in St Louis to revitalize the city. They only attract 60,000 people to a stadium, an NBA stadium plays 4.5 times as many games and will attract 20,000 people a game, plus the same amount of or more concerts and other events that will bring 15,000-20,000 people to the area 20-40 times a year, add the Blues bringing in 20,000 people in 45 times a year and you can see a basketball/hockey stadium will do so much more for a city.

A convention center is busy 300 days a year or more bringing in 10,000 plus people and creating regular jobs that are everyday jobs. No matter how big football is, no matter how much revenue it creates, it doesn't do much for the city, it doesn't create as many regular jobs in the city, it doesn't bring in as many people, it's just generally not as economically viable as a basketball/hockey stadium or a convention center.

You want your taxes to go somewhere that will help your city or do you want to have a team to root for and a little meaningless civic pride?
>>
>>64392356
yeah I got rich as fug working for my minor league baseball team as a teen since I worked 60 days a year
>>
>>64392259
With baseball, you either have to have decades of tradition or a ton of corporate support; most of the tickets are bought by corporations anyway

But for hockey (and basketball too), absolutely this. For a city that's new to pro sports, look at Nashville; the Preds (now that they're starting to succeed) have done a shit-ton more in boosting Nashville than the Titans have
>>
File: bitchplease.png (515 KB, 450x442) Image search: [Google]
bitchplease.png
515 KB, 450x442
>>64392435
I agree but I want to post this anyway
>>
>>64392403
Bad analogy, you look at a stadium that hosts 45+ NBA, 45+ NHL and 40+ Concerts a year, plus 25-30 college/high school things and you're looking at a much better part time job with many full time jobs for upkeep, setting up shit and other things. There's a big difference.
>>
>>64387396

Other than LA what other city wants or is capable of having an NFL team?
>>
>>64392478
well I meant I got a lot of work by getting a job at the ballpark which I then dumped into the local economy, compared to part timers at NFL games only working 10 days a year.

We had some concerts and conventions at the ballpark too that employed people as well.
>>
>>64392507
Salt Lake City or San Antonio could do it desu
>>
>>64392510
Sorry, I thought you were being sarcastic
>>
>>64381429
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivzrbp_WR8w
>>
>>64392507
Toronto seems like they'd be pretty good for the NFL, the Bills had a couple games there and sold out. Their Crackhead Mayor was a big NFL fan
>>
>>64392507
Toronto.
>>
>>64382465
And really, you can't fault anyone for leaving Cleveland.

I mean, it's Cleveland.
>>
>>64392356
Except a new stadium could attract bigger events like the World Cups, the Olympics, multimillion dollar events that could spurn on the local economy

Not to mention that concerts and college games could be held there as well

It's a worthy investment - again look at how well Indy has done since Lucas Oil Stadium was built
>>
>>64388541
Dude, you spilled some orange crush on your map.
>>
>>64392622
>Except a new stadium could attract bigger events like the World Cups, the Olympics

The World Cup goes to the country and not one city.

And the Olympics would ruin a city like St. Louis.
>>
>>64392622
the olympics are a jew construction shame most of the buildings sit and rot since you dont need 800,000 person domes in fucking salt lake city
>>
>>64392661
No kidding, look at what happened to Atlanta

Olympic Stadium became Turner Field, which will be torn down after this season and the Braves move to the north suburbs, and they didn't even build the new indoor arena until after the Olympics
>>
>>64392622
>Except a new stadium could attract bigger events like the World Cups, the Olympics, multimillion dollar events that could spurn on the local economy
You'd get like one World Cup game. The olympics would never go to a city like St Louis anymore, the US's best bet is LA.

> Not to mention that concerts and college games could be held there as well
Like one bowl game a year, on top of that how many bands could sell out a 60,000 seat stadium, you're better off for concerts making an NBA/NHL stadium

You do not understand stadium economics. There's a reason why big football stadiums are usually not in the heart of downtown.
>>
>>64392507
While LA is probably the best spot for a NFL team, Austin and Louisville are, iirc, the two largest metro areas without any professional teams, so they'd seem to be high on the list, although I'd think they'd put a non-NFL team in Austin and a non-NBA team in Louisville to avoid competing with both areas' cult-like reverence for their favorite college sports.
>>
File: DnpdmRJ.png (502 KB, 464x551) Image search: [Google]
DnpdmRJ.png
502 KB, 464x551
>>64392727
>mfw the austin ice bats come back in NHL form
>>
>>64392727
The NBA would be a waste in Austin, that's Spurs country.
>>
>>64392727
Louisville I could see working for the NBA, but their biggest competition would be UL and UK basketball

That whole area (Kentucky, SE and western Ohio, even into Pittsburgh) is an NBA dead zone just waiting to be claimed
>>
>>64381515
from DTLA to Downtown SD, it takes:

>1hr 45min with NO traffic (80-85mph straight down the 5)
>2hrs with NO traffic and bitch driving (60-70 mph
>2hrs 30min with light traffic around LA, Irvine and North County SD <<<--- this is the most typical by FAR
>3hrs with moderate traffic around LA, Irvine, Pendleton, North County and San Diego
>4hrs with heavy traffic extending virtually the entirety of the drive (average speed of 30mph)
>>
I'm sorry, but did the Chargers already move? Oh, that's right. The season isn't even over yet. In fact, there are two more games. Does leaving San Diego after this past game count as a move? Is that what you're saying? Because if you're saying that I can assure you that you're wrong. Why would you make this topic when the season is still on? The Chargers are still playing right now and they have been the second best team in the AFC West for how many years now? They're fieldingone of the worst teams in the NFL who just happen to only do good on occasion when they're feeding off the potent sexual energy of Philip Rivers. But you know what? They still fucking suck. The Chargers were one of the best fucking teams in the NFL, they went 9-7 last year and would of won the Super Bowl if the entire team didn't choke. Maybe you should shut the fuck up before you make retarded topics like this. You know why? Because you're going to be embarrassed when the Chargers stay right where they are and someone bumps this topic. Oh look at that, the some wealthy Jewish Banker just broke out his check book whenthey needed to get one, just like the Rams. Are you a fucking drunk? Are you retarded? Are you autistic? You are a fucking idiot and you should never make a topic on this board again and I'm fucking serious. I almost have a feeling you're the only guy making all these anti-Chargers topics because you're a faggot hater who doesn't like the team because they're good. Fuck you, be good at something in YOUR life and then maybe try to troll these fucking teams on the board, like I give a fuck. It's so easy to spot out your threads now, you're a retard. Always doing stupid shit like this. Why don't you try to be a good poster? Just for once? For once in your fucking life try not to make a topic like this. That's just you, you're always right at getting it wrong. Fuck you. You are nothing.
>>
>>64393796

Right. Add on 30-45 minutes for 'parking at the stadium' (rough average of the time it takes to get into a parking lot on game day).

But as was said earlier, it's the same distance as there is between Philly and NY. There isn't a single real Eagles fan who would root for the team if they moved to NY. And rightly so. How Philly views NY is how San Diego views LA. It's a rotten pit of disgusting awfulness that is nevertheless so arrogantly full of itself that you just vomit and die a little inside whenever you think about it.
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.