[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Extra point >Commercial break >Kickoff >Commercial break
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: tmdmhdq4mnA1qchfo3o1_1280.jpg (26 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
tmdmhdq4mnA1qchfo3o1_1280.jpg
26 KB, 720x540
>Extra point
>Commercial break
>Kickoff
>Commercial break
>>
And then when they come back from commercial, a play is run, then it's the two-minute warning, so more commercials!
>>
File: 1405834243287.png (86 KB, 244x252) Image search: [Google]
1405834243287.png
86 KB, 244x252
>>64374065
wwe tier
>>
>>64374102
and then the first play after teh 2 minute warning a guy will get hurt on the field and more commercials!
>>
We need those commercials to sell Light Beer and Trucks
>>
the worst thing Goodell has done desu. indefensible
>>
>>64374065

And they're getting away with it. It's actually just accepted now. Integrity of the game is the most asinine thing these fucking cocks could EVER talk about. They have no regard for how they are changing the entire game for the worse. Timeouts? You get 2-3 after every drive. Stamina means so much less, the flow of the game is fucked and they talk about the integrity of the game.
>>
>Challenge flag thrown
>commericial break
>AFTER FURTHER REVIEW
>while you were away let's take a look at what the referees saw
no, fuck that, show me first
>>
>>64374444
nice quads
>>
>>64374466
Here we go
>>
I don't think this semen slurping "sport" is for me

I'm neither nigger or a fatass
>>
>>64374065

even then the advertisements never end. even during the commentary and league standings.

>Chris' commentary brought to you by xyz company
>League records provided by xyz company
>instant replay brought to you buy xyz company
>>
>>64374118
Belize is rare right? If Guatemala is Mexico's Mexico, is Belize Mexico's Guatemala?
>>
>>64374341
I stopped watching.

Only watch baseball and soccer now.

Much happier.
>>
the tv contracts are so inflated they have to do it I guess
>>
>>64374730
i wish i liked other sports. I've tried baseball, basketball, tennis, rugby, hell even cricket but I just don't get excited or as invested as I do watching the NFL. they have me by the balls and I can't break it off with them. It pisses me off so much, i want them to do the field ads instead of commercial breaks or ads on the jerseys. the last thing i want to see on an epic game winning touchdown is an ad for goodyear tires or some shit.
>>
>>64374560
Belize is actually a pretty nice place. They were a British colony, so they dodged a lot of the stuff that fucked over the former Spanish/Portuguese territories. A lot of Americans retire there to stretch their income. English is the official language too.
>>
>>64374821
I know your feel bro.

I just started really finding a lot of hate about the NFL, and more and more shit started bothering me and more and more shit snowballed and then I realized just how terrible the NFL is and how much football as a sport sucks.

Awful behavior from the players, price gouging, brutal amounts of commercials, devastating injuries, its just a stupid game for stupid people.

Honestly listen to what a play by play man says. Or try to parse what they say in pregame shows. Its poetry for retards.
>>
>>64374968
i don't think you do know my feel because i like the sport of football. you seem to hate it. i hate the business of football. not the sport.
>>
>complaining about commercials

Literally just get a dvr, record the game, and watch it an hour later to fast forward through the commercials.

Fucking morons
>>
>>64375100
ok mom
>>
>>64375100
>There are people this goddamn casual on /sp/
>>
>>64375069
The business end made me hate the sports more.

There is 6 minutes of actual action in a 3 hour broadcast during an NFL game.

That is fucking awful.

15 penalties on average throughout a game.

Awful.
>>
>>64375128
>being this fucking stupid in 2015 when we have the technology
>>
>>64375100
Sports are literally the one thing DVR isn't good for
>>
>>64375171
6 minutes of actual action? i guess if you don't count presnap as action you could say that. but presnap is an important part of the action.

lets say you have your slot receiver covered by a middle linebacker on a play you're going to run straight up the gut. the quarterback can put that slot receiver in motion to see who is covering him. after he finds out its the mlb he moves him to the outside near the numbers to clear the field for a less contested run up the middle. thats easy to miss but just as important as a one handed grab for a first down.

those are the types of reads and adjustments that guys like manning brady and rodgers make before the "action" even starts and why i don't give a shit about the 6 minutes of actual action stat.
>>
Nfl is the worst run league. Fucking joke. Barely any action and all commercials. Plus every play has a flag which drags the game on even longer
>>
>>64375100
The whole point of sports is watching it live. Why the fuck would you watch if the result is already over you fucking faggot. Don't ever post here again
>>
>>64375276
If you add up all the pre-snap that's still only like 30 minutes tops.

On Sunday Ticket they show all the games after Sunday on a shortened time scale. They show literally every play starting from a few seconds before the snap and the game is over in literally 30 minutes, sometimes less. Add in penalties, timeouts, and the full pre snap and you probably have an hour's worth of actual football tops.

The other 2 hours is mindless advertisements, refs taking 5 minutes to challenge a call that could be seen in 30 seconds, and players literally standing around doing nothing waiting for TV timeouts to end.
>>
>>64374906
Have you been to Belize? Its basically the Spanish Africa. Its shit
>>
>>64375524
on those sunday ticket games they don't show every play from when the play clock starts. they usually show it 2 or 3 seconds before the snap.

but listen i agree with you about the ads and breaks it drives me crazy. they make a 60 minute game into a 3 hour event.

and what you say about challenges is why i'm partially against making every penalty call reviewable. if every single penalty got reviewed games would double in time and they could show us twice the amount of ads.
>>
>>64374065
>Amerimercials will actually defend this
>they actually try to convince themselves that commercialball is preferable to putting sponsors on jerseys
>m-m-muh tradition
>m-m-muh pure untainted plain uniform
>>
>>64375680
i hate you and your condescending, uninformed view on what i think.
>>
>>64375680
>Amerimercials
bretty gud. stealing
>>
>>64375680

The fact that you yourself are american ruins that post
>>
>>64375408

You can't stay off the internets for a few hours so you can watch the game without ads?

Enjoy your commercials, mate.
>>
>>64375100
This is actually fucking awesome.

You get a bunch of extra time to go get high and shit and if you time it right, you manage to sync up with the last moments of the game anyway so it's all good.

And no commercials :)
>>
only edgy communists have problems with commercials
>>
>>64376818
found the employee for big commercial. why dont you just fuck off.
>>
>miss important match
>record it
>drive home like a madman
>radio: Yourteamswinslol
I don't know why I keep the radio in
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.