[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can Detroit support four major sports teams?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 640x480
How can Detroit support four major sports teams?
>>
File: 1450660163823.jpg (69 KB, 513x678) Image search: [Google]
1450660163823.jpg
69 KB, 513x678
>pistons
>lions
>>
>>64373350
The few rich people left own the team. The rest are imports or tickets sold for tiny prices
>>
Detroit can't even support itself.

That's why it's slowly decaying into ruins.

In 10 years there won't be a Detroit anymore.
>>
They cant, Redwings games are half empty every game.
>>
Because Metro Detroit. Also because (except for the shitty Lions) they have a hold on all of Michigan for its teams.
>>
Detroit is being rebuilt as we speak. You rebuild and get newer markets going.
>>
Its hold on Michigan, I'd imagine.
>>
>>64373350
How can Canada support so much shitposting?
>>
>>64373854
too cold to do anything else
>>
are you suggesting they dump professional sports and become even more of a failing husk of a city that no one has any reason to care about?
>>
>>64373489
lol
>>
>>64373534
The games are only empty for the first 10 minutes of the first, and thats because the Joe's design is beyond retarded. This will be fixed with the new arena, hopefully.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 320x165) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 320x165
The Detroit suburbs are huge and are doing fine. All of the economic activity that normally happens in a city happens in Birmingham, Troy, and all the rest of the suburbs.
>>
>>64373350
>implying that the people that buy tickets actually live in Detroit
>>
>>64374066
This. The people and the money just moved out of the city. Also all of Michigan are Detroit sport fans except for the western UP. They are mostly faggot packers fans.
>>
>>64374064
Ann Arbor is best Arbor
>>
>>64373534
That breaks my heart. Detroit was a great hockey town.
>>
>>64373350
>basketball games take place in the suburbs and have a tough time getting the ghetto audience to come
>hockey games take place in the city and have a tough time getting the rich audience

Why not switch? The Pistons used to play some games at the Joe Louis so it's possible
>>
>>64373350
Detroit's suburbs are rich as fuck
>>
The money is there, it's just a matter of keeping the route to and from the ballparks tolerable and safe.
>>
>>64373489
It will literally become a 3rd world country. Gangs fighting for dominance and shit. Good thing I will be comfy.
>>
Wings arena is usually empty honestly

They report Sell outs but the tickets are actually bought/held by corporations to use which rarely does and to report tax loss
>>
Only the strong and the savage survive in Detroit. They intentionally torpedoed the living standards in order to breed superior athletes.
>>
>>64377716
just like robo cop
>>
>>64373937
Im going to be going to my first Wongs game in January, should I head to the game really early? What makes the travel a bitch? I thought it had something to do with the people mover but I don't know.
>>
>>64377766
This. Really sucks when hardly any tickets are available so you buy nosebleeds only to go to a game and find the place half empty.
>>
>>64373350

>implying people who go to Detroit sporting events actually live in Detroit
>>
>>64374181
Why are aAnn Arbor fags so insufferable? The guy you responded to wasnt talking about anything related to Ann Arbor but you were still compelled to bring it up. Anyone I know from there does the same thing. It's actually detwrred me from ever going; I cant imagibe a whole city full of these faggots.
>>
File: 1442583809342.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1442583809342.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
>>64377789
>>
>>64374181
Fuck off and die

Go bucks
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.