[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hockey/sports
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: hokey.jpg (135 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
hokey.jpg
135 KB, 1366x768
Guys I need honest opinions. I gave up hockey in 2nd grade since I didn't like to get sweaty and the gear. I'm a freshman in HS and I play street hockey sometimes and I'm pretty good. I'd like to get back into hockey, but I can't skate that fast and it might be too late. I play baseball and I'm sort of athletic. I'm 5'9 and 158-ish pounds if that helps. Thanks.
>>
so join a beer league
>>
Pretty good meaning I score every time we play, and I usually win when we played last year in gym and stuff like that. I think if it wasn't on ice and the gear wasn't so expensive I'd do it in a snap. I could shovel snow and buy the shit if I needed to. I also don't want to get embarressed since some of my friends play hockey, and no, I'm not asking them, lol.
>>
>>64373362
Beer league? Like sunday league?
>>
Hi. I am sitting in the stands watching the Pittsburgh Penguins. I was cheering my hardest. Sidney had a breakaway with 5 SECONDS TO GO. 5, 4, 3, 2, ON THE LAST SECOND HE SHOT, HE SCORES! "PITTSBURGH PENGUIN WIN!" "There going to the championships." Then Sidney came up to the microphone and said,. "I WOULD LIKE TO THANK SEAN FOR CHEERING SO HARD AND HELPING ME SCORE THAT WINNING GOAL." "What?" "How did you notice?" I questioned I WAS WALKING DOWN THE STAIRS . EVERYBODY WAS CHEERING ME ON. now I know how it feels to be cheered on. I walked up to him and hollered, "hi." "Do you like to play paintball." I asked. Sidney said, "sure," sidney asked, "you want to go play." I said, "sure." Then I learned how to play paintball much better
>>
>>64373375
How about you do whatever the fuck you want and enjoy your freedom as an American

The only way to get better is to play so play if you want to get better. You don't need expensive equipment to learn to play
>>
>>64373391
18+ board kiddo
Do your homework then go to bed
>>
>>64373391
yeah a fun league where everyone goes out for beers after a game
>>
>>64373422
I know I don't need equipment, but I literally have nothing. I'd need to go buy a net+stick+puck if i wanted to practice, and still then I cant play at home. My driveway is at a 60 degree slope and my backyard is grassy and is L shaped. I might check out the local rink though
>>
>>64373473
You can buy a 20 dollar wood stick and a tennis ball and fuck around it's not like you're training for the Olympics
>>
>freshman in HS
see you in 3-4 years champ, sent
>>
>>64373523
Haha, true. Sounds like a good idea. I just need to get a flat surface+ a net. I could just practice my skating at the rink also. I'll think about this. I just need more funds, I only have 11$. I'll go look for some odd jobs
>>
There's also a hockey based store right near me. I just need some money. Thanks, guys.
>>
you are manlet, even more so by Hockey standards. You better learn to skate fast or keep your head up because you will get slaughtered.

Play rw or lw so you don't get destroyed
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.