[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has football actually been experiencing some sort of dramatic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Has football actually been experiencing some sort of dramatic change since 2013 or so? It's either been getting incredibly boring or incredibly unpredictable or is it just that it's finally come some time where even smaller clubs provide wonders and upsets more often than not and big clubs started choking consistently

I can't explain this feeling. It hasn't been getting worse, it's just been getting more "meme" or should I put it. it's a strange sensation but I can't quite put my finger on it. It rubs me sometimes the wrong, sometimes the right way, what is it? Anybody been feeling the same? Especially this year
>>
>>64354102

I know you eurocucks might not understand it now, but what you're feeling is called PARITY.
>>
>>64354102
FFP la
>>
more money = smaller teams getting better, bigger teams getting worse
>>
It's the post-Ferguson era. Him stepping down appears to be the best thing to happen to football.

>Moyes
>>
>>64354139
this. Europeans are used to stacked powerhouses running things forever. In america we call that baseball
>>
>>64354139
>>64357659
kermit.jpge
>>
>>64354102
Teams play much more efficiently, save for the Premier League, where they play like a bunch of middle schoolers running up and down all game. That's all, really. Of course the team that has the better players is prone to win, and there are less upsets.
>>64354139
Is actually the opposite, my dear colossal faggot Bert. The teams with the most technical players win nine out of ten times
>>
>>64354102
>soccer is incredibly boring
Well then it doesn't sound like anything's changed
>>
>>64354139

Sounds like liberal commie pinko talk
>>
>>64357659
Baseball literally has the most parity out of any the 4 major sports

Nice try though
>>
MK Dons 4-0 United was the beginning of this new era

thank you based moyes
>>
TV money increases faster than other revenue meaning that being a big club no longer gives you as much of a financial edge.

You get 100 million pounds a season for just showing up and completing your fixtures in the EPL.
>>
2014-15 Barcelona
2013-14 Real Madrid
2012-13 Bayern Munich

seems like business as usual outside the eplel, the big teams dominating as always
>>
Tbqh soccer has been incredibly boring the past 3 years
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.