[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Australian Football
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: aussie-rules-football.jpg (144 KB, 343x450) Image search: [Google]
aussie-rules-football.jpg
144 KB, 343x450
What's the thing with Australian football?
Literally heard of it the first time today
>>
>>64353410
They took gaelic football and changed the rules a bit.

I think it's the offseason, so harder to get a thread about it.
>>
>>64353499
>based off gaelic

Objectively wrong.

>>64353410
>what's the thing with Australian football?

only the greatest sport in the world, Hendrick.
>>
>>64353733
Is it more like soccer or more like rugby?
>>
>>64353773
Yes.
>>
>>64353773
Rugby, but vastly different. It's a 360 degree game, 22 a side each, 18 players on the field (3 uncapped interchanges plus one sub).

Kicking between the two big sticks gives you 6 points, on the other sides it gives you one. You can't throw it, you have to handball it (hitting it with a clean fist).

Catching the ball off a kick (termed a mark) from 15m or more will grant you a free kick.

You can tackle from anywhere except above shoulder height as shown in your OP or below the waist. Can't push players in the back.

Game is played on an oval approx. 160m in length.
>>
>>64353955
And what makes it the greatest sport in the world?
Can you link a game on youtube I can watch?
>>
File: cat_08.jpg (13 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
cat_08.jpg
13 KB, 160x160
>>64353955
>>
>>64353410
Wish it would piss off so rugby and football can have better players.
>>
>>64354106
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIaujo4Wrwo

Fast paced, high intensity and littered with drama. Hardly any stoppage time apart from goals.

There are plenty of highlights of games, if you want to see a good final here is one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LxNManHLIE just keep typing Q2, Q3 and Q4 if you want to bother watching the rest of it. Game starts at 6:30
>>
>>64354306
Thanks. Gon check it out
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.