[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Since CR7 joined la Liga, he won 7 titles while Messi won
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7
File: penaldo.jpg (278 KB, 700x710) Image search: [Google]
penaldo.jpg
278 KB, 700x710
> Since CR7 joined la Liga, he won 7 titles while Messi won 21 titles

How can people compare between them again ?
>>
>>64348843

CR7 had already won a CL when Messi was still roiding
>>
>>64348843
barca is just better than RM
>>
>>64348858
messi beat ronaldo in cl final lmao
>>
>>64348858

Messi won a CL in 2006 while Ronaldo was still contemplating if he was gay or not
>>
because he is the second best
>>
>doesn't matter because in my mind I'm the best

TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
Ronaldo proved himself in two championships, that's why i still can't choose who's the best. Messi so far is a system babby
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (39 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
39 KB, 900x900
>>64349604
>Ronaldo played in the BPL so he is better
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>64349604
What a retarded argument.

Their current team is completely different from the 05-08 team when Messi was making a name for himself (Iniesta is the only player still on the squad)

Their current team is much different from the 08/09 team when they won the CL and Messi won the Ballon d'Or (Iniesta, Alves, Pique and Busquets are the only players on the squad left)
>>
>>64349726
>>64349786
sad thing is there are actually people who unironically believe this
>>
World cup trophies

Stéphane Guivarc'h : 1
CR7 : 0
Messi : 0

Guivarc'h now is selling pools
>>
>>64350002
did he dive a lot as a player?
>>
>>64350018
Not even once in a lifetime
>>
>team achievements determine who is better
this ass backward logic makes no sense, maybe for the qb in american football, but definitely not in sawker, any great player needs a supporting cast
>>
>>64350054
>Ronaldo has not won a lot of titles with Real because they never had a good team
Why do people still say that? Madrid have had a top 3 team in the world ever since summer 2010
>>
>>64348858
Messi won a CL in 2006
>sideways germany
>knowing shit about football
>>
But muh tap-ins...
>>
>>64350054
> be playing for one of the most stacked Real Madrid teams ever
> win only 1 Liga and 1 CL

KEK
>>
Do faggots honestly believe Messi "wouldn't prove himself" at the fucking English League? A League known for having no defense whatsoever, no tactics to stop good players, turnovers left and right and pure chaos every match, Messi would be a 100 goal per season player if he was at the BPL
>>
>>64350075
the supporting cast has been good but you're still using team achievements to determine quality of individual players, which doesn't make any sense. when I mentioned that a great player needs a good supporting cast I was referring more to when people judge players off their NT performances when they have literally who at cb, who are you at cm and what is my name at in goal. Regarding donaldo and missi, messi definitely has had the better supporting cast over the years.
>>
>>64350205
Barca hasn't had a better team, player-wise, than Madrid since 2010. Mou's first season already sees the most stacked side in the world by a margin.
>>
>>64350205
>messi definitely has had the better supporting cast over the years.
And part of the reason why is Messi being more of a playmaker and a team player.

>best player in the EPL joins Madrid in a record breaking transfer
>shifted out of position and yelled at for not passing to Ronaldo, player out of form for over a year now
>best player in the EPL joins Barcelona joins Barcelona in a record breaking transfer
>Messi moves to a position he hadn't played in years to accommodate him and said player flourishes, becoming the 2nd best player in the world
>>
>>64348843
this is the same as the amerifat ">muh rings" argument
it doesn't really matter how good your team is
sure, you can carry teams, but with 11 players on the pitch, the impact of one player is limited
I'd rather look at individual stats and performances

That being said, Messi is still vastly superior to Penaldo
>>
>>64350244
Xavi, Iniesta, Messi - 3 of the best players in the world from 2010 until 2012

Messi Neymar, Suarez - 3 of the best players in the world from 2014 to now, not to mention they still have Iniesta and other high quality players

Pique was very good at one point, same with Mascherano, Pedro, Alves, etc.

Who has Ronaldo had of this quality since 2010?
Bale was never one of the top 10 players in the world, nor was Benz, or Kaka (as of 2010 and later), Higauin, Alonso, Modric, etc. Some have been very good, but none of Iniesta or Xavis level. some may debate Ozil was at one point one of the best I suppose. Not to mention their back line hasn't been great (lol Ramos)

I don't see how you can say the Madrid sides have stacked up to those ridiculous trios
>>
>>64350189
as long as he doesn't do it....
>>
>>64350189
Yeah, I'm sure facing the likes of Eibar and Granada sends shivers down his spine
>>
>>64350740
Eibar is decent. Not sure why /sp/ always pick on them.
>>
>>64350652
>>64350740
Since 09/10, Messi has played 11 CL vs English opposition. In those 11 games, he scored 9 goals and provided 3 assists.

He gets over 1 goal/assist per game vs EPL's top 4. I'm sure Aston Villa, Sunderland and Norwich would expose him though
>>
>>64348843

>In my mind, I win the treble and Ballon d'Or every season
>TSUUUU
>
>>
>>64350740
I can assure you those teams are better at defending him than >epl

This is proven year after year in the CL, where only Mourinho was able to make an English side stop him.
>>
>>64350783
It isn't about them in particular.
I could have said Rayo Vallecano and it would have meant the same thing
The lower level La Liga clubs are absolute trash and get completely steamrolled
Teams in the EPLel actually bother and draw some games
teams like that usually just capitulate and concede laughable amounts of goals
and if you're about to respond
"allah madrid and uefalona are just better"
please think again, some of the goals these clubs concede are absolutely embarrassing

>>64350927
>>64350836
For me, it's not about Messi being bad(he most certainly isn't or not being able to prove himself in a different league), it's about these idiots claiming that the EPL is just absolute garbage and Lel Liga is so much better
>>
>>64350989
>I could have said Rayo Vallecano and it would have meant the same thing
Are you watching Vallecano play right now?
>>
>>64350927

Full blown delusion: the post
>>
>>64350989
>Teams in the EPLel actually bother and draw some games
Because they're playing against careless "bigger" clubs, how is this hard to understand?

EPL is the league in Europe that is most disrupted by strong individualities. It's not even about everyone there being bad, in fact they probably have the best players taking every team into account. But the defensive tactics are terribly outdated and misapplied, which leads to things like the Suarez phenomenom or kids like Deulofeu having the time of their lives because they are always afforded 1on1 situations unlike what happens in Germany, Italy and Spain.

Someone as individually explosive as Messi would have a feast in a league as focused on individuals as the EPL.
>>
>>64351126
>But the defensive tactics are terribly outdated and misapplied, which leads to things like the Suarez phenomenom or kids like Deulofeu having the time of their lives because they are always afforded 1on1 situations unlike what happens in Germany, Italy and Spain.

lol, Deulofeu has been shit for most of his time here. He's had a good few weeks recently, but that's it. And lol at the 'Suarez phenomenom' when he's raping La Liga just as hard.

And then there's the likes of Soldado, Vela, Forlan, Kanoute, Falcao, Di Maria etc. who look GOAT in Spain but like donkeys in England. And i don't think i need to mention C.Ronaldo's goal tally difference in both leagues.

And you can count on one hand the amount of top class Serie A players who have come to the PL and succeeded in the last 20+ years. Bundesliga doesn't fare any better either, with top players like Kagawa, Dzeko, Schurrle etc. all coming here and being mediocre
>>
File: goat2.jpg (45 KB, 468x473) Image search: [Google]
goat2.jpg
45 KB, 468x473
>>64348843
>compare
they don't
>>
Their rating is on their jersey mate.

Messi is a 10, ronaldo is a 7
>>
File: 1450563781574.jpg (22 KB, 432x454) Image search: [Google]
1450563781574.jpg
22 KB, 432x454
>>64350189
This.
Messi would explode the PL so hard /sp/ would literally, collectively, shit itself.
>>
>>64351402
Do you realize that the league's level is not the only factor that influences a player's performances?
>>
>>64350189
>>64351515
>Messi outside of his Barca comfort zone
>in a team that isn't light years ahead of the rest

kek, we've seen how that turns out at NT level. Don't kid yourselves, he'd be a 30 goal a season player here at best.
>>
File: 1412653397533.jpg (48 KB, 500x594) Image search: [Google]
1412653397533.jpg
48 KB, 500x594
>>64350189
this is the objective truth and if you disagree you should get the fuck off /sp/
>>
>>64350189
>People actually believe that Messi would score more in the EPL

Ronaldo proves this idea wrong
>>
>>64351557

You're delusional if you actually believe that, are you by any chance a Liverpoop fan?
>>
>>64350189
>A League known for having no defense whatsoever
Which is exactly what the Spanish league is known for here.
>Ramos
>Bartra
>Full backs with zero defensive nous
>>
>>64351608
If the reason for Ronaldo's increased goal tally was decreased level of competition in La Liga then it'd have no effect on his CL scoring.

Meanwhile
>Ronaldo in CL with United
>55 games, 16 goals
>Ronaldo in CL with Madrid
>69 games, 73 goals
explain pls
>>
>>64350002
That just proves the WC has been an irrelevant cup for decades
>>
File: 1419556084454.gif (493 KB, 251x188) Image search: [Google]
1419556084454.gif
493 KB, 251x188
>>64349399

This, does anyone unironically compare them to each other? I think only Ronaldo himself does.
>>
>>64351557
Messi made Barcelona an elite club, they were average before him
>>
File: 1446748267643.jpg (13 KB, 270x261) Image search: [Google]
1446748267643.jpg
13 KB, 270x261
>>64351679
i'd be saying the same if my country's NT was a failure like yours
>>
>>64351655
Unfortunately for you, Ramos is a better CB than any English defender in the past 8 years. You aren't going to agree with that though, that much is obvious.
>>
>>64351676
Real are better than Man United therefore score more goals per game
>>
>>64351679

You can find equally mediocre players in CL winning teams
>>
>>64351714
We have 2 WCs, only a few nations know this feel

How can you call us a failure
>>
>>64351557
no
Mahrez is currently raping the league. He is the half-power Messi of world football.
>>
>>64351707
>Messi made Barcelona an elite club, they were average before him
Oh god it's like you're actually scouse
>>
>>64351733
In the starting XI? I doubt it

All clubs in the last WC semis had shite players in the XI, Germany used Hoewedes in all matches, we used Demichelis, etc
>>
>>64351726
That proves the "Ronaldo" epl argument wrong.

Besides, Ronaldo changed as a player with Mou. He went from a pacey teamworking winger with a big ego into someone whose only interest in life is to stat pad with meaningless goals. I guess he also became a better player too.
>>
>>64351725
No I'm not going to agree with that, because I've watched him try to defend
>>
>>64351676
The first few years at United Ronaldo was shit in the CL (His first Goal was in 2007)
>>
>>64351707
>average before him

Kek. And if anything it was Ronaldinho who made them great again.

>>64351725
>Ramos a better defender than Terry and Rio

Lol fuck off. The only reason anyone rates him is because of muh big game goals.
>>
>>64351757
Just look at the titles they had before Messi and the dominance they reached after him

Barcelona has always been a rich club with good players, but Messi made them elite in a continental level
>>
>>64351726
But United were the best team in the world in 06-08 and the 2nd best in 08-09.

When he joined Madrid, they were coming of 5 straight CL last 16 exits. United > Madrid at the time of Ronaldo's transfer
>>
>>64351769
DjimiTraore.jpg
>>
>>64350189

Just like he has proven himself at the World Cup and Copa America?
>>
>>64351818
I don't think you understand the mentality of Both teams, United never went to away games and fucked over the opposition like Real Madrid now, they used to win 0-1 or 1-2.
>>
>>64351769

I think you're underrating Guivarch a bit. It's not like he was a pub level player, he was a 2x Ligue 1 and UEFA Cup golden boot winner.
>>
>>64352078
Will Vardy be a guivarc'h?

Awesome season, get called in the NT, NT wins a trophy despite being total shit during the competition, ends up being shit like he used to be. sells pools.
>>
>>64351787
he wasn't shit his first few years, he just played a completely different role in the team
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.