[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Selling Messi at the end of the season is the best thing for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 7
File: MessiManCityMain.jpg (90 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
MessiManCityMain.jpg
90 KB, 1200x630
Hear me out.

It is well known now that Barcelona have to sell at least one of MSN due to financial troubles.

Messi is simply the best, there is no question. But he has already done everything he can for the club. He has nothing more he can accomplish that he hasn't already achieved.

The danger is now, winning anything less than the treble every year is going to be disappointing. And since that's impossible, the end of his career with us is set up for disappointment.

So I propose we sell him while his value is insanely high. That way Neymar and Suarez can compete for titles and brush off the asterisk that they can't achieve anything without Messi. Massive funds will be freed up for the club, so they can continue to acquire and develop top players.

Its also the best thing for Messi, because rather than being set up for disappointment, anything he can accomplish with a new club will be a fantastic and thrilling adventure and achievement.

For these reason we must do what we must do and sell Messi this summer desu senpai
>>
t. Lifelong City fan
>>
>we
what is your role at Barca m8?
>>
I've been hearing this for years.

Hell, it was a strong theory a month before the TREBLE SEASON started
>>
sell suarez

buy rooney la ;)
>>
>we
>>
>>64345115
12th man.
>>
>>64345042
>That way Neymar and Suarez can compete for titles and brush off the asterisk that they can't achieve anything without Messi.

Why on earth would anyone at Barca other than Neymar and Suarez give a flying fuck about this?
>>
Messi will never ever ever leave Barca don't kid yourself. He likes his Sprite there and I think he's too autistic to be able to get along with new teammates at a new club
>>
>>64346123
This to be honest
>>
Don't clubs earn a shit ton each week just from selling merchandise with players names on it? Like MSN kits should cover there wages each week as well as the fans that come to watch those players specifically, don't know why anyone would sell a single part of the best attacking force in current football
>>
>Messi
>leaving Barcelona

I can see Ronaldo leaving Madrid but Messi has become completely synonymous with Barcelona.
>>
>>64346146
not that easy. But yes, I am pretty certain that their kits get sold for millions a week.
>>
>>64346222
>tfw whenever I see a Dutch flag on any thread remotely involving Man City I assume it's that autistic sandman
>>
>>64345042
that's not bad reasoning but I don't see it happening lad, he simply too autistic
>>
>>64346297
are you kidding? that's fucking awful reasoning
>messi still fucking messi
>barcelona will sell him because neymar and suarez need to prove themselves
did you even read it azzar?
>>
>>64345042
Agree, is like after the 11/12 season when Barca turned down a 100m bid for Xavi from city and then he promptly turned to shit. Bad decision familia.
>>
Without Messi Barcelona is nothing.
>>
>>64346306
That in combination with Barca's money troubles seems like a good reason to sell him. Also if I were Barca I would want to sell him before he hits 30, for maximum profit.

Not saying I want it to happen though, Messi=Barca for me.
>>
>>64346356
wait. So Messi is a systembabby, and Barca is a Messibabby, how does this work?
>>
File: 1392218331671.jpg (59 KB, 343x357) Image search: [Google]
1392218331671.jpg
59 KB, 343x357
>>64346269
Me too, actually.
>>
>>64346386
#NotAllDutchmen
>>
>>64346371
>That in combination
except the reason i listed isn't a good reason, it's fucking nonsense
barca is not going to sell their best player because the other players, who probably care more about winning period than doing it "without an asterisk" because they're not pedantic manchildren, mind you, want them to
they're going to ride the messi train as long as possible
even if he wasn't in world class form, which he is, he's still the face of the team worldwide which is worth more than what they could get for him
there is literally no reason to sell messi out of those three, and especially not because "neymar and suarez want to achieve things without messi"
jesus christ the OP gets dumber every time i read it
>>
>american flag
>many are taking this thread seriously

Jesus H. Christ... What the hell happened, /sp/?
>>
>>64346408
It's either that or they're cashing out on Nerman. The main argument here is they need money.
>>
>>64345042
>we
>>
Messi is everything Barcelona stands for. They can always brag with him because of MUH LA MASIA, Suarez and Neymar are great and have probably better potential but Messi is what makes Barcelona appealing for most people, not only with his playing style but also the club philosophy behind him
>>
why do people give Barcelona a pass for doing the exact same shit as Madrid have done when they bought Neymar and Suarez? is this board just full of bandwagoners?
>>
>>64345042
Fuck off, you fat American fuck.
>>
Can someone fill me in on the 'Messi is autistic' meme? He just seems like a humble and reserved player. I think for that reason alone he's better than Ronaldo desu.
>>
>that flag
>this topic
>>
>>64347917
It's a shame you foreigners can't understand Messi. When you hear him talking you realise he is not autistic, maybe a little shy, but definitely not autistic.
>>
>>64348047
he's definitely a bit autistic
you have to be to reach that level in nearly any sport, donaldo is also an autist
>>
File: gezcor.png (363 KB, 513x415) Image search: [Google]
gezcor.png
363 KB, 513x415
>>64348430
Eh, Donaldo is more of a Diva/Sociopath than an autist.
>>
>>64345042
>we
>us
>our
>tf
>tt
>op
>>
>>64346146
>Don't clubs earn a shit ton each week just from selling merchandise with players names on it?
no, how many people do you know that have an original barca kit?
>>
>>64347428
>Suarez and Neymar are great and have probably better potential
how? Suarez is as old as messi
>>64347577
> is this board just full of bandwagoners?
yes, 99% of barca fans are bandwagoners
>>
Dutch bandwagoner uses a proxy now
>>
>>64348727
m8, you should come to Barcelona, the Camp Nou offcial store is filled everyday with tourists buying tons of kits. And that's only in that store, thousands of tourists buy some everyday, and that's only here in Barcelona
>>
>Barcelona have to sell at least one of MSN due to financial troubles.

nope
>>
Is there any actual proof of them having to sell? All I've seen so far are The Sun/Daily Mail tier articles. And I seriously doubt they'd have to do that with the more relaxed FFP
>>
>>64345042
> Murricans
>>
>>64348774
>and that's only here in Barcelona
people probably buy it as a souvenir m8.
>>
>>64348814
I meant that's only here in Barcelona, I can only imagine how many kits are bought online or in shops all around the world
>>
File: pear kid.jpg (31 KB, 437x359) Image search: [Google]
pear kid.jpg
31 KB, 437x359
>mfw an american was fat near me
>>
>>64347577
They at least offer decent sums, eg £75m for Suarez who was banned for the first half of the season, whereas you get Madrid unwilling to spend £4m more for The Gay and accuse united of blocking the transfer on the last day
>>
>>64348834
No one buys official shit online m8, aliexpress copies are like 20 bucks and even plebs buy them.
>>
>>64348774
Confirmation bias. If people would really buy that many shirts, Barcelonas revenue wouldnt only be ~500m including all the TV money, prize money etc.
>>
>>64347577
Because they do it rarely. In their current starting XI, Neymar and Suarez are the only big money transfers
>>
>>64348896
you're going to see it start happening much more often
>>
>>64348896
you don't know much about barca history, do you?
>>
>>64346146
+ camp nou is sold out, they won a shitload of trophies money, sponsors are crazy around them, they didnt spend any transfer money last year

I don't think Barca has financial troubles
>>
>>64348982
They have trouble with the wages, which are more than the limit set by UEFA

I think wages are close to 75% of the gross profit if I remember right + the project of renovating Camp Nou and stuff
>>
>G-guys...hear me out...m-maybe Barcelona will sell Messi since they are playing like shit and not winning anything

>G-guys...hear me out...m-maybe Barcelona will sell Messi since they are playing so well and winning everything
>>
>>64348952
Which part of my post concerned history?
>>
>>64349487
the part about them doing it rarely?
>>
With all the money in the Premier League now, perhaps the league should buy Messi and just award him to a random team. I'd love to see Messi at Stoke or Watford.
>>
>messi visits Syria
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCvagbS7y84
>>
>>64350235
messi wouldn't get into the watford side you mong
>>
>>64346445
Our national team got better than yours. Perdonamos Vella!
>>
>>64345042
>this topic
>that flag

What part of Saudi Arabia you from m8?
>>
>>64354509
>bombed but still finding the strength to post on 4chan

i admire that dedication
>>
OP here,

what I'm trying to saying is that Messi is the most overvalued from Barcelona's perspective,

NOT OVERVALUED FOR WHOMEVER BUYS HIM, but Barca can take that money and set up for literally the next decade of acquisitions.

Keeping him, they can only get what he's already done. They can't get anything better.

Neymar and Suarez still make the team exciting to watch - so really they won't lose any fans.

Whichever teams gets Messi will also sell a million jerseys and many people will watch every week just to see Messi. Also a chance at silverware.

So its a win-win for everybody.
>>
>>64349487
Danny Alves cost them a packet of crisps yeh lad?
>>
>>64363930
>Keeping him, they can only get what he's already done. They can't get anything better.

I don't understand why you say this as a bad thing. If they keep him, they can only continue winning trebles and being the best team in history?

It doesn't matter how much money they get for him, they won't be able to go out and buy another Messi.

And yes, if most managers could have messi or 1-2 hundred mill to buy other players, they would take messi.
>>
>>64349018
If they just took a cut in wages they could win everything for the next 5 years.

But players would rather earn an extra 40k that they have no use for somewhere else and win next to nothing.
>>
>>64368633
30m for a top tier RB who will be with the team for 9 years is a bargain

>>64363930
>Barca can take that money and set up for literally the next decade of acquisitions.
Because selling a star for big bucks and buying a lot of "acquisitions" always works out so well. See, Liverpool after Suarez, Spurs after Bale, United after Ronaldo, Liverpool after Sterling, Milan after Kaka etc

The only time it worked out well was Juventus after selling Zidane.

>Keeping him, they can only get what he's already done. They can't get anything better.
I'm pretty sure they'll be more than happy with getting what he's already done, which is multiple trophies with 50-60 goals and 20-30 assists every year.
>>
File: 12973097590235.png (217 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
12973097590235.png
217 KB, 200x200
>>64348838
>mfw a malnourished columbian starved near me
>>
File: QIMhngz.jpg (84 KB, 738x740) Image search: [Google]
QIMhngz.jpg
84 KB, 738x740
Respectable soccer thread from an American, I'm impressed.
>>
>>64345042
Read the first two words, obvious b8
>>
>>64346269
Kek, he is killing a whole nation on this board.
>>
>>64346445
>Mexico

ah

>mexico
>>
>>64346269

Yeah, same here.
>>
>>64368959
Was it before, after your daily shootout?
>>
Messi will never leave. Even if they wanted to sell, how can you value him? If man u can spend 250 on shit, messi must be worth a billion.
>>
>Leicester City
>Messi Vardy Mahrez

Chat shit, get obliterated
>>
>>64368937
Of course. And I think Neymar has been worth it. Doesn't mean it's not a mega-deal though.
>>
>>64346222
Just like Ronaldinho yes ?
>>
>>64370160
>shy and quiet, probably doesn't like change
>doesn't speak any foreign languages
>at the club for 15 years and counting
>still at the peak of his powers

>fat and lazy
>more interested in partying than training
>at the club for 5 years
>on a steep decline since 2006
completely identical situations
>>
>>64346146
people buy the shirts regardless of the name on the back. i hate this retarded logic.
>>
>>64370344
>>64370160
>flegs look like a sunset on the sea, vertically mirrored
>opposite openions
>consecutive posts

gotta appreciate the little things in life
>>
>>64370513
This, also 90% of the shirt money goes to Nike/Adidas
>>
>>64345042
He's right you know
>>
>>64370673
Nice post.
>>
>>64370673

Good post la
>>
>this flag
>this topic
>>
>>64363930
There is literally no other player any team can get that compares to either Suarez, Messi and Neymar

Why would you even sell one of them when you literally have the three best players of the world in your team?

>flag
>post
>>
File: 1447621166394.jpg (159 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1447621166394.jpg
159 KB, 960x960
>>64370673

This kind of posts is why I love /sp/
>>
>>64348838
First runner up post m8
>>
>>64363930
>they can only get what he's already done

Yeah see your point, why keep the only active player that is in consideration for being the greatest player ever (at the age of 28)
If he can't do any bettet than litterally GOAT, what is even the point.
And sure they probably won't loose any fans by selling one of the most iconic athletes of the 21st century.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.