[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I don't rate zidane
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 12
File: 1450302976872.jpg (57 KB, 580x627) Image search: [Google]
1450302976872.jpg
57 KB, 580x627
>I don't rate zidane
>>
>the time has come and so have i
[COMBO INTENSIFIES]
You wouldn't fuck with that kid Texas.
>>
File: literally reddit the man.png (117 KB, 320x263) Image search: [Google]
literally reddit the man.png
117 KB, 320x263
>Zidane is good
>>
Literally every kid born in the 90's hate Zidane for some reason.
>>
File: 1449595420399.jpg (30 KB, 489x520) Image search: [Google]
1449595420399.jpg
30 KB, 489x520
>he was overrated
>>
File: 1447504968817.jpg (8 KB, 328x403) Image search: [Google]
1447504968817.jpg
8 KB, 328x403
>Zidane is the greatest midfielder of all time

He was good but nowhere near GOAT
>>
>>64280483
Name one 10 better than him
>>
>>64280531
Riquelme
>>
>>64280531
Xavi
Iniesta(literally play the exact position Zidane plays but better at it)
Laudrup
Busquets (In terms of proficiency in position)
Maradona(Attacking midfielder)
Mathaus
Zico
Rivellino
Cruyff
Redondo (same reason as Biscuits)
Not in any order.
>>
>>64280691
You forgot Paul Scholes.
>>
>>64280712
le made up quotes to make Engrish mancs feel better about themselves man

Zidane may be a meme, but Paul Scholes is the ULTIMATE meme.
>>
>>64280740
''Paul Scholes is better than me'' - Zindan Zidean
>>
>>64280756
>What is being humble

When Messi is asked about being the best player in the world he always brings up people like CR7, Robben, Xavi etc and tries to avoid saying he is the best. He's just humble and it seems like Zidane is just being humble if this quote even has a fuggin source.
>>
>>64280691
>Iniesta(literally play the exact position Zidane plays but better at it)
This so much. Right now he is literally Zidane (and a few years back he was much better).

>do nothing most of the time
>not even close to being the best player on the team
>step up once every month in a semi big game
>everyone still thinks you're GOAT
>>
>>64280691
You forgot El trinche Carlovich to have the perfect meme list.
>>
>>64280797
''Jesus H Christ I fucking hate anonymous 4chan user 64280797, what an utter cunt'' - The Queen of England
>>
>>64280822
Yeah his performance against Real Madrid made people think he wasn't past it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (72 KB, 682x630) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
72 KB, 682x630
>>64280455
>he was not correctly rated as decent at best
>>
File: 1422838014498.jpg (59 KB, 395x401) Image search: [Google]
1422838014498.jpg
59 KB, 395x401
>/sp/'s hourly Zidane hate thread
>>
File: tipsjedora.jpg (7 KB, 231x244) Image search: [Google]
tipsjedora.jpg
7 KB, 231x244
>>64280299
> September 11th 2001 + 5, 209 days
> Still thinks fedora threads are funny

inb4: dumb frog poster
>>
>>64280926
>2006
>>
>>64280926

how did you calculate that and why
>>
>>64280926

>MMXV, Anno Domini
>Frog meme is funny
>>
>>64280926
>le pepito frog
>>
File: zidanebeckham.gif (1 MB, 450x349) Image search: [Google]
zidanebeckham.gif
1 MB, 450x349
>>64280483

shhh david
>>
Why is Zidane so divisive on this board? Like there are plenty of players who divide opinions e.g. Roy Keane but only on /sp/ do you see this great Zidane debate
>>
>>64281198
also with Ronaldo and the other lesser ronaldo
>>
>>64280691
you forgot Arteta, Matic and Barthez
>>
>>64280691
Zidane was a 10 you idiot, and he was big unlike all those manlets yet classy.
>>
>>64281198
because everyone here has a small man complex and the only way to assert yourself is to bandwagon some contrarian shit and just make up your weak evidence later as seen in the other zidane thread
>>
>>64281198
Because there are people who actually saw him playing more than two games, who say he's overrated, and people who just saw a few youtube videos saying he's the GOAT of football, basketball and handball
>>
ask every pro soccer player whether zidane was great or not.

They'll all say he was
>>
>>64281198
Because a lot of people saw him play week to week and know that he was inconsistent as shit and there were stretches when he literally disappeared for months and was >le invisible man.

Meanwhile, there's another group of people who did not see him during his career (or did and have a bad/selective memory) and only remember the 98 WC final and 02 CL final
>>
>>64281353
You'd be surprised how many pro players aren't interested in football outside of their own team.

Also none of them would want to draw unnecessary attention by throwing out a controversial remark. Ask them about any well known player of the past and they'll all say "yeh, he was a fantastic player"
>>
>>64281388
>only remember the 98 WC final and 02 CL final
Dubs confirm. Also they remember the 2006 World Cup. But only until the 115th minute of the final.
>>
>>64281410
you'd be surprised how few people on 4chan will have watched more than 10 games with him but will make a judgement anyway
>>
>>64281410

what about players who played with zidane during the same era.

At galactico Madrid was he not considered their best player, by his teammates? of course I don't have a quote where they said zidane is our best player but that definitely seemed to be the consensus.
>>
Zidane was the Özil of his time
>>
>>64281465
I watched probably 150 and he was shit in a big part of them (was also GOAT in a pretty big part)

>>64281473
>what about players who played with zidane during the same era.
Not an objective opinion. Ask any current Real Madrid player who is the best on the team and 100% of them will say Cristiano Ronaldo, even though it hasn't been true for like a year now
>>
>>64281516

But isn't Cristinao Ronaldo without a dobut the greatest player(achievements, heights reached in terms of playing ability) that Real Madrid currently has? Isn't that why his teammates would say he is the best player they have?
So they are quite right when they say CR is their best player, meaning he is their greatest player.
>>
>>64281140

>beating Beckham at midfield

Wow. He must be GOAT.
>>
>>64281543
If we do some mental gymnastics then Kobe is a top3 player in the NBA and Peyton is still a great QB.

Point is (regardless of question semantics) that players and ex players will just spout the safest and most obvious opinion 90% of the time without much regard for whether it's true. That's why providing arguments ad verecundiam are useless in sports (and aren't generally very strong arguments in other debates either), a lot of people who can be considered football authorities often don't speak what they really think.

Also, before some meme master attacks me and claims that I'm just some fedora edgelord contrarian. I think Zidane was a great player and probably top 15 I've ever seen. He just doesn't belong in GOAT conversations and greatly benefits from nostalgia tinted glasses and selective memory since he was a player of fantastic highs and pathetic lows.
>>
>>64281543
even Bale recently refused to answer whether Cristiano is the best in the world.
>>
>>64281259
I didn't make this argument before that Zidane was a 10 then got shat on so I just keep it to midfielders in general
>>
>>64281140
>Literally posting the reason why people think Zidane is overrated

Le dribble fancily then go invisible man
>>
>>64281738
Fuggin autocorrect.
I've made the argument before that Zidane was a 10 then got shat on so I just keep it to midfielders in general
>>
Wasn't even the best 10 in his era. Rivaldo was twice the player.
>>
File: image.gif (53 KB, 503x204) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
53 KB, 503x204
Do you guys think professional soccer players have romantic relationships among them?
>>
>>64282004

I agree with the Rivaldo part
>>
>>64280937
> Dominican education
>>
>>64281259

for you
>>
>>64280691

>no Robbie Savage

Dropped
>>
>>64282054
yes. they are soccer players all of them seem like homoes right now
>>
>people actually comparing Zidane to Iniesta

I swear you people on this board are the most idiotic bunch of pseudo armchair football managers in the world. Iniesta is no where near Zidane level. Not even remotely close. Zidane has more talent in his big toe than Iniesta has in his entire body. Zidane literally destroyed every one of your favorite players time and time again. He scored in TWO seperate WC finals and scored the winner in a CL final also won a euro, and people say he disappeared in big games lmao.

His 2006 match vs Brazil was probably one of the best exhibitions of individual skill ever seen. He was one of the oldest players on the pitch and still he RUINED prime Kaka, and Ronaldinho. They couldn't even touch him. The guy had the best control anyone has ever seen. He's the most complete player to ever live. He had the GOAT touch, vision, ball control, he could create space out of no where, he had great finishing, free kicks, penalties, he could literally score from anywhere on the pitch and in however way he wanted to. He was at the highest level for every team he played for. He proved himself in Serie A when it was the goat league, then he was the best player out of the galacticos. He was France's best ever player, and carried them in 2006 on his shoulders. Don't ever even think of comparing any other midfielder apart from maybe Ronaldinho to Zidane. Ever.

http://youtu.be/cYrWxb7UMVo

The guy was the best ever.
>>
>>64289794

>tripfag
>Halal Madrid suppoter
>burger

Too easy.
>>
>>64289794
>Zidane literally destroyed every one of your favorite players time and time again
Troll football comment section tier argument

>He scored in TWO seperate WC finals and scored the winner in a CL final also won a euro, and people say he disappeared in big games lmao.
He lost more finals than he won, including two consecutive CL finals with Juventus where he was literally the worst player on the pitch. Besides, you're doing exactly what other people have touched upon ITT - highlighting his moments of excellence while glossing over hundreds of games where he was straight up mediocre. I understand that it's hard to accept for you since you never saw him play on week to week basis and you saw a couple of youtube video with his insane technical skills and you're 100% convinced that he's GOAT. But he's not, far from it, mainly because he failed to perform consistently (one of the reason why he ended up with just 3 league titles).

>His 2006 match vs Brazil was probably one of the best exhibitions of individual skill ever seen
It was a great, albeit an overrated game against a Brazil team that everyone hyped as the next 70 Brazil but in reality, he just styled on a bunch of lazy has beens who did not give a shit about this World Cup.

>he RUINED prime Kaka, and Ronaldinho
What do you mean RUINED? Kaka and Ronaldinho were Brazil's attackers while Zidane was a French midfielder (who played quite deep by his standards in that game), they barely faced each other directly. If anything, he ruined past their best Gilberto Silva and Ze Roberto. That's literally ESPN QB vs QB tier argument.

>The guy had the best control anyone has ever seen.
True, it was almost like his cleats were covered in glue

>He's the most complete player to ever live
This is literally the most ridiculous thing in your post. You can not be the most complete player to ever live if you give 0 effort on defence and can not score (the most goals he has ever scored in a season was 12).

1/2
>>
>>64289794
2/2

>he had great finishing, free kicks, penalties, he could literally score from anywhere on the pitch and in however way he wanted to.
If he could score from anywhere he wanted, however he wanted then why did he score so little? He only managed 12 goals in like 50 games in his best goalscoring season, surely someone who can score however, whenever and wherever would have been able to score a few more than that.

>He proved himself in Serie A when it was the goat league
Again, you're exposing yourself as a youtube babby who never saw late 90s football with his own eyes. Serie A was the GOAT league in EARLY 90s, not in late 90s when Zidane was there. Late 90s Serie A consisted of a world class Juventus team and a bunch of good but far from world class teams in Lazio, Inter, Milan, Parma, Roma. Look at their CL performance if you want proof. During Zidane's Juve stay, no Italian team other than Juventus, reached the CL semi final. And IIRC only one other reached a quarterfinal.

>then he was the best player out of the galacticos
Arguably, Ronaldo had stretches when he was better and so did Figo and Raul.

>He was France's best ever player
True, but Platini is the only real competition.

>and carried them in 2006 on his shoulders
before choking at the last moment because he literally could never handle the banter

>Don't ever even think of comparing any other midfielder apart from maybe Ronaldinho to Zidane. Ever.
>Ronaldinho
>midfielder
Maybe when he was fat and lazy in Milan. He was a winger/forward in his Barcelona prime. Once again you're exposing yourself as someone who never saw those players play on a week to week basis.
>>
>>64290535
3/2

Just a small disclaimer. I'm not hating on Zidane. He was an incredible player and easily top 15 I've ever seen (maybe top 10), I simply consider him to be a tier below the real GOAT contenders mainly due to his infuriating inconsistency.
>>
>>64280436
Nan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrOLGifnMJk
>>
>>64281496
this is true

the people who call him overrated in these threads are the same memers who kept posting le invisible man jokes last season
>>
>>64290416
>>64290535
>>64290747

Based 17534
>>
>>64290416
>>64290535
>>64290747
i mean these are pretty good points but why even reply to the idiot
>>
>>64280436
>Literally every kid born in the 90's hate Zidane for some reason.

Because he was fucking awesome and he wasn't on their favorite team/was busy beating the shit out of their favorite team. Same reason anyone hates any of the greats.
>>
File: LCIM.jpg (113 KB, 950x1287) Image search: [Google]
LCIM.jpg
113 KB, 950x1287
>>64280691

You forgot Arjen Robben.
>>
>>64290535
you dont know shit fucking polak go back to aushwitz and do not post here anymore.
you are not allowed to post in 4CHAN fucjing scumbag. I guess you hate stephen curry too fucking piece of shit
>>
>>64281140
he could just have passed it instead, the fucking ballhog

this is why the likes of Xavi/Iniesta will always be superior
>>
Zidane was wasted on the wing at Real though...

>inb4 flag
>>
>>64290416
>>64290535
>>64290747

TYB Mieceslaw
>>
>>64291605

The whole galacticos thing was a waste. The only way it would have worked is if they had gotten rid of Raul first
>>
>>64281388
And the game against Brazil in 2006. That's when the bandwagon really started.
>>
To reply to the Polish guy, you're right that I didn't see him play week in and week out but I did see him play week in and week out for Real Madrid, and he and Ronaldo when fit were the best of the galacticos by far.

About the 2010 world cup, Brazil may have had a few has beens but they also had some of their best ever players at their prime. He did ruin their midfilders because if you watched that game, Brazil's midfield could do nothing to get the ball off of Zidane, they simply couldn't control the game at all. I remember he skipped past Kaka a few times when he tried to get the ball from him, and glided past Ronaldinho. He went on to absolutely destroy their defense. If thats not good enough for you then his match against Spain where he glided past Spain's best ever defense and scored against prime Casillas (2010s defense was mediocre they just had an extremely superior midfield) and the game against Portugal where everyone had written them off was even better for him. For him to go up and score a panenka against the best goalkeeper ever in the world cup final against arguably one of the best Italian sides ever just shows how confident he was in his ability.

Yeah he scored 12 goals a season, he wasn't simply a goalscorer even though most his goals were amazing. To look at him simply based on goals would be stupid. Iniesta's best ever goal haul is 11 goals, and it's much easier to score now than it was back then considering also that Zidane played in a team with Raul and Brazilian Ronaldo in it as well.

He only won three league titles because the Galacticos were not a great side except on paper, there wasn't any regard for team chemistry, it was just the best players in the world in every position in one team.
Even Brazilian Ronaldo said that the only non-Brazilian player to bring joy to Brazilians was Zidane and that he's the best he's ever played with. (1/2)
>>
>>64293897
>2010
>>
>>64293897
When I said he's the most complete player ever, I mean that he was a great captain, a leader, he had a great header, long shot, finish, control, pass, creativity, dribbling. I'd say the only ever better dribblers are probably Best and Messi but they don't have all the other aspects to their game that he has. The best thing about him is that he could play amazingly well with whoever he played with. He made everyone around him better. Ronaldinho is a winger true but imo hes the only player that comes close to Zidanes level of pure skill.
>>
>>64293920
I meants 2006
>>
File: 1447158378172.jpg (48 KB, 539x538) Image search: [Google]
1447158378172.jpg
48 KB, 539x538
>>64293945
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.