[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Abby Wambach: 'I'd fire Jurgen Klinsmann'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: wambach.jpg (114 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
wambach.jpg
114 KB, 950x534
KLINSMANN BTFO

Fired when?

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/16/football/abby-wambach-uswnt-retirement-jurgen-klinsmann/index.html
>>
I want him gone so you cunt will shut up already.
>>
"But I just think that this experiment that U.S. Soccer has given Jurgen isn't one that, personally, I'm into."

wew lads
>>
She also said the women should be paid the same as men. This was after she acknowledged that the women's game generate pennies compared to the men. Absolute mad woman.

Simmons is such a soft cock agreeing with her. "b-but the women's world cup final get's really good ratings"

Yeah that one game every 4 years is going to pay the wages of every professional footballer
>>
>>64277944
Who cares what this dyke has to say
>>
It's not like Klinnsman has much to work with. He's done as well as every coach has done for America. We're not elite, we're okay though, we're as good as Mexico and if anything we punch above our weight, our superstars are shit internationally on a club level (come on, our best striker is Jozy Altidore) so I don't see why he gets so much shit
>>
Who would you rather fuck? Klinsmann or Wambach?
>>
File: 1410239698686.png (252 KB, 344x475) Image search: [Google]
1410239698686.png
252 KB, 344x475
>>64277944
>Abby Wambach
>>
File: klinsmann.jpg (85 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
klinsmann.jpg
85 KB, 620x350
Daily reminder that this fucking idiot played our best offensive player at fullback for 2 years.
>>
>>64278443
tbf Yedlin is also our best defensive player so Klinsmann wasn't sure where to play him.
>>
File: 1433788423733.jpg (296 KB, 873x960) Image search: [Google]
1433788423733.jpg
296 KB, 873x960
>>64278466

>yedlin
>>
>>64278416
>if anything we punch above our weight
I don't believe getting outplayed by non-Mexico CONCACAF and losing said games is "punching" above our weight
And I don't give a fuck about friendlies. Friendlies are fucking worthless. Especially if actual competitive matches are lost
>>
>>64278466
Yedlin is worthless in defense
He's just a pacebaby.
>>
>>64277944
If alex morgan said this I'd care but wambach? Nah, bitch needs to shut her oral penis hole.
>>
>>64278416
This tbqh. Our best finish was technically the semis in 2002 (fucking scummy Germans cheating the US out of a win) with Bruce Arena but that's it. I want the team to be competing for championships but I'm also pretty content where we are right now.
>>
>>64278623
>Caring about the 2x4
>>
File: _20151216_164602.jpg (212 KB, 1080x1528) Image search: [Google]
_20151216_164602.jpg
212 KB, 1080x1528
>>64278629
Do you even know where we are?
4th in a 2 team confederation
We've regressed 20 years
>>
>>64278632
2x4? I don't get the reference
>>
No one gives a shit. Fuck off soccer. Let the rest of the world have it.
>>
>>64277944
I have a sneaking suspicion half of the people itt are just mad because a women said it, but Klinsmann truly has had an atrocious 2015. Gulati is scared out of his balls to reprimand him or put a bit of pressure on his job security, and that's the problem

>>64278706
Alex Morgan is flat as a board, hence the 2x4 nickname
>>
>>64277944

I stand with Klinsmann
>>
>>64278937
>Alex Morgan is flat as a board, hence the 2x4 nickname
Oh sorry I'm not a basic contrusction worker I wouldn't get the slave labor reference.
>>
What she said isn't exactly unfair. I think Jurgen's done very well with what he's got though and I'm unsure if many other managers would do much better - and of those, not many would exactly be scrambling for that job.

I can legitimately see her being given the job of manager for the men's national team though, if even in a caretaker role. And it will be a fucking disaster.
>>
>>64282329
You've never watched Ed, Edd, n Eddy?
>>
>>64282376
>Jurgen's done very well with what he's got
Has anyone ever seen the team play?
>>
>>64282376

Bob Bradley didn't get btfo by Jamaica in the semis of the fucking Gold Cup. Not even making the final is a joke. Klinsmann is a shitty coach and there's a reason why all the Bayern and Germany players say the same thing.
>>
Klinsmann has done well with the USMNT considering the lackluster talent pool available for him
>>
>>64282384
Plank isn't a 2x4
>>
Even the U23 USMNT has a bunch of foreigners. The national team is supposed to reflect the level of talent a given country has, importing foreigners is basically cheating.
At least he's getting 4th-tier German promises rather than stealing wonderkids from Africa.
>>
>this gender
>this topic
opinion discarded
>>
>>64282329
>I dont know what a 2x4 is

Holy hell what happened to this country
>>
>>64282508
No he has not
Just compare his world cup to really any other US team at a world cup
And he also fucking lost to Jamaica and Panama
One had never been done by the US before, the other was why his predecessor was fired for
>>
>>64282515
Not a full length piece of wood
>>
File: 1450267235014.jpg (60 KB, 596x799) Image search: [Google]
1450267235014.jpg
60 KB, 596x799
>>64282558
But what USA needs is an established infrastructure and proper youth academies, you canĀ“t just wish a competitive team into existence but rather be patient and let things run their course, given that the teams and board do their part.
I know we arent the best example but the team that won the Copa America has been together all their career, and is the result of years of hard work, and yes, a little bit of luck to have so many great players together
>>
>They fell for the Klinsmann meme
>There are people who genuinely think he's done a good job
Dyke is delusional about wanting the same wages but I can see them increasing them because if women cry enough about it sooner or later..
>>
>>64282598
We're not talking about Germany or Spain here
We're talking about a team the US had never lost to until Klinsmann took over
The team who got the old coach fired because it was too humiliating
In a competition the US had not lost a knockout game against a non-Mexico CONCACAF team ever before
Playing a style of soccer that the US grew out of 20 years ago

If it was to Germany or Brazil I would understand
I'm not asking for miracles
But he's taken the team and completely destroyed 25 years of progress without doing anything to improve the youth structure
>>
>>64282669
where the money will come from? at least WNBA has the NBA to keep it in its zombie state
>>
>>64282598
Not really, you can play soccer in highschool and college just like any other sport.
>>
just because you were a good player doesnt mean you can turn a shit team into a winner

maradona showed us in 2010
>>
>>64282598
You're right, but it's not a workable system in the US. Americans say so in every MLS thread. NFL has a stranglehold in that area. That's why the conversation doesn't even get started about setting up academies and all that, the youth system is far different and generally could never work how it does in basically all other countries.
>>
>>64282693
FIFA, for example I'm assuming the revenue from City's male side is used to fund the City ladies shit
>>
>woman talking about soccer

'no'
>>
>>64282790
Largely but you'd be surprised, even the richer teams hate paying for the women teams.

I remember John Terry forced the men's team to help pay the wages of the Chelsea Ladies a few years back because Chelsea wouldn't do it themselves.
>>
>>64278371
>She also said the women should be paid the same as men. This was after she acknowledged that the women's game generate pennies compared to the men.
Reminder one of if not the biggest obstacle preventing college players from being paid is Title IX
It'd force women's softball players get the same wage as football players despite football making a fuck ton more money
>>
>>64282822
Oh I don't doubt for a second they hate doing it but social pressure and fear of bad publicity especially on "women's rights" is something they'd rather not deal with
I would have told Terry to fuck off
>>
>>64282832
Yeah and that won't go away either, there will be an outcry of parents whining about no scholarships for quidditch
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.