[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A radio interview has just been discovered featuring the inv
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: james-naismith.jpg (34 KB, 580x387) Image search: [Google]
james-naismith.jpg
34 KB, 580x387
A radio interview has just been discovered featuring the inventor of Basketball Dr. James Naismith

http://exhibits.lib.ku.edu/exhibits/show/naismith150/collections/radio-interview
>>
Good find, OP. Loved the way they spoke back then. Also, sounds like it began as smear the queer at first.
>>
How did they upload podcasts to the internet back then?
>>
>>64265205
radio frequencies
>>
I've been so jaded by things like this that I kept waiting for him to say "and I told the boys to put the ball in Howard Stern's colon"
>>
Thank you based Canada
>>
>>64265108

if he would watch the sport today i'm sure his face would grow red and he would start to look at his shoes.

Nobody wants to see his invention dominated by gigantic black people. Nobody
>>
I believe them that it's that old, but it sounded a little too right and concise to be coming from a 77 year old that wasn't a broadcaster/actor.
>>
>>64265265

Apparently, Naismith hated zone defense
>>
>Tune in to witness the new sport taking the country by storm, basketball!
>brought to you by old gold cigarettes, "Not a cough in a carload!"
>>
>>64265265
What if I told you his real last name was Naisteinberg?
>>
>>64265292
What do you mean? Old people can't speak clearly?
>>
>>64265318
I'd believe it because only juice pioneer and invent things
>>
>>64265292
He's probably been telling that story for 40 years.
>>
>one boy knocked out
>several with black eyes
>one with a dislocated shoulder

damn
>>
>>64265432
They go hard in the paint
>>
>>64265466

topkek
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.