[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did this lil nigga earn so much money in a dead sport in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 2
File: EM1_4541[1].jpg (2 MB, 3567x2388) Image search: [Google]
EM1_4541[1].jpg
2 MB, 3567x2388
How did this lil nigga earn so much money in a dead sport in an irrelevant weight category?
>>
p2p hype, pay-per-view and marketing

but his weight class is actually quite popular
>>
Nigga talked a lot of Shit. Black people lived him for it, Mexicans and whites hated him.

Connor Mcgregor is following his footsteps. Whites are happy to have a ballsy champion to support.
>>
but why the fuck would you waste money on ppv to watch a lil nigga run around? what kind of complete and utter morons wasted money so this waste of space could generate a 1,3 billion dollars?
>>
>>64263017
>everything must be a race war!

Fucking ameridumbs. See, OP. This is the exact marketing >>64262980 that gets people like >>64263017
>>
>>64263053
People who can't into free online streams.

Floyd vs. Pacquiao was the highest-selling PPV event ever.
>>
>>64262955
>Welterweight
>Irrelevant
>Not the most stacked division of all time
>Floyd not the most dominant boxer of his generation

I'm sick of the casuals,everybody has shit opinions
>>
>>64263100
who the fuck finds skinny manlets fighting eachother entertaining? or rather entertaining to the point where you'd actually waste money to see them?
>>
>>64263017
>Black
>Mexicans
>Whites

Why do Americlaps see literally everything in skin colour?
>>
>>64262955

it's not a dead sport, welterweight has been a great division for the last decade, and floyd is one of the most skilled boxers of all time.

>stop liking what i don't like

Nah. I like boxing.
>>
>dead sport
"muh tyson, muh ali"
>irrelevant weight category
one of the historically most competitive and entertaining categories. And yes, for the last 15 years or so it's been especially the GOAT weight category.
>>
>>64263017

>Irish
>white
>>
>>64262955
his fatther was better and mannny
>>
>>64263218
They are obsessed with race
>>
He'll still be broke in the end. They always are.
>>
Lookit dat bellybutton. Nigga's fucked
>>
Boxing will always be on top. Mcgregor made like 1.5m on saturday, canelo made more than that at 18 years old fighting in mexico.
>>
>>64263959
Tyson and Ali are recognised as legends of boxing word wide. The average sports fan in europe doesn't even know Mayweather let alone the literally who's he fights against.
>>
>>64262955
>deadsport
>anything that isnt handegg or divegrass is ded
Because boxing is a blood sport and matches between champions are super rare, usually only once a year if that.

Who else looking forward to klitch vs fury?
>>
>>64264021

>Anyone
>white

According to our own one drop rule we're all black, bud.
>>
>>64268903
tyson isnt even a top 10 heavyweight
>>
>>64263218
Mexican isn't a skin color you nigger
>>
>>64270304
It actually is where I live tbhfam.
>>
>>64270304
>ameracists
>>
>>64263130
>who the fuck finds skinny lanklets fighting eachother entertaining? or rather entertaining to the point where you'd actually waste money to see them?

Ftfy.

Your criticism applies to heavyweights even moreso than welterweights. Most heavyweight bouts are knockout slugfests, which can be fun, but sometimes you want to watch some boxing.

Glad that Dr. Steeljabber McOnlyjab Cooljabschko got BTFO desu.
>>
>>64268959
i'm looking forward to klitch vs fury 2 to send klitch into retirement.

He's been holding the HW division back
>>
>>64268959
2016 should be a good year with that along with GGG vs Canelo finally happening.

Honestly think Klitschko doesn't stand a chance in the rematch. Despite what people say he's never been that big a boxer, just a huge guy with decent movement who can hide behind his jab and clinch. Fighting someone as big as him with such great lateral movement he just had no answer for. Would love to see Fury get a KO but I think it'll be another UD.
>>
>>64268903
that's because the majority of the world ARE casuals, what the fuck do you think? And there's a lot of nutjobs so called "experts" who got paid to hype Ali and Tyson in their own time, because that's what sells - a boxer with personality, a boxer with loud mouth, an image. It's not the set of skills themselves, it's not their ability alone that made them so "great", it's just their marketed image. Just look at those early Ali matches. He was only ever effective against big slow strong dudes. Key word - slow. And no, he didn't make them look slow. Another thing was he had a great chin, one of the greatest, but look at what vegetable state he is/has been in for ages now.

Tyson is not even worth discussing, he's literally not a top 10 heavyweight. And he got outshined in his own time by Holyfield and Lennox Lewis.
>>
>>64263063
He's right though you fucking retard. If you knew shit about boxing you would know that race plays the biggest part in target audiences and who becomes popular and who doesn't.
>>
>>64263130
How come I never see people refer to Duran, Hagler, Hitman, and Leonard as skinny manlets?
>>
>>64268903
Actually, Pacquiao who is a bloated lightweight is the most popular boxer worldwide, and Mayweather has recently proven that he's extremely popular in Russia with his recent visit.
>>
The greatest defensive fighter of all time.

Plus he's one hell of a promoter.
>>
>>64263063
Our national pastime is race war, friendo. We thrive on it
>>
>>64262955
because you are a casual who doesn't know what he's talking about
>>
>>64274352
>The greatest defensive fighter of all time.

based on what exactly?
>>
He's a DYEL manlet. I'm almost twice his weight and 6,2ft. Nigger wouldn't even land a punch on me
>>
>>64274560
Nobody is scared of Mayweather. I bet you'd shit yourself if Provodnikov came after you though.
>>
>>64262955
Easy
I live in vegas and ironically born in grand rapids so I got to see floyd grow in his early stages but it goes like this and I'll make it short and simple
>boy has father that boxed really well
>also has uncle that boxed even better than father
>both train floyd in boxing and self-promoting
>uncle roger made money calling himself the mexicutioner, fighting slick
>father floyd made money talking smack and fighting recklessly
>floyd holds backyard boxing nights to learn "from the streets" in grand rapids , not too far from dorchester a street where his grandmother used to live , aka black hills iirc.
>after a few years of training in a gym and out he starts his career in the ametuers , long story short he did good
>gets into professional boxing , trained mostly by his father in the mechanics but by his uncle in the promoting
>Masters his uncle's lessons in self-promoting and was able to sell out a small crowd in vegas , later in the silver nugget from his skills and promotion
>over time pretty boy floyd boxes pretty well and gains analyst and promoter's attention
>decides to retire to avoid big names at the time, comes out after he gathers enough info on his future opponents and proceeds to outbox many of them
>all while promoting himself like a motherfucker so well that he is making nearly 100 mil per fight and in the least popular division

Pac-man also had a big part in floyd's success but that is entirely different story .
>>
>>64274435
Quickness, guard, parrying, faints, counter punching, everything really.
>>
>>64274776
Yeah but what about other fighters who did all that and more?
>>
>>64274819
None have put it all together like PBF on the defensive end.
>>
>>64274829
Are you just playing ignorant or are you actually that ignorant?
>>
>>64274560
You greatly underestimate the difference between professional fighters and your average averagely trained dude. Whenever you shitpost on 4chan and eat hotpockets, that guy hammers his punching power, accuracy, speed and defense. He wouldn't give a shit, height disadvantage or not. Besides, he would be not even 1 head shorter than you.

>>64274829
Mayweather is without a shadow of doubt the best defensive boxer, his track record says it all. And his matches tell a lot too. I mean who is there who is really comparatively almost as good? SRL and SRR I suppose.
>>
>>64262955

Blacks loved him and whites and Mexicans loved to hate him
>>
>>64274851
ray robinsons defence is a bit overrated his greatness comes from his offence
>>
>>64274881
im white and loved because he was making stupid people mad
>>
>>64274851
> I mean who is there who is really comparatively almost as good

Pep
Locche
Burley
Whitaker
Toney
Benitez
Jones jr
Benny leonard

Off the top of my head

>SRR
wut
>>
Why do Mayweather fans nuthug Lara, Rigo and Ward and worship defensive fighting but won't admit Lomachenko exists?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V06kLfA7OKk
>>
>>64263130
Who doesn't?
>>
how is this faggot like what 38?

he looks like a 15 year old with a goatee
>>
>>64274897
none stayed as consistent through out their career they all started taking punches regularly at some point although Whitaker in his prime is the best defensive fighter imo
>>
>>64274435
Maybe the fact he's never lost?
>>
Just look at how guys like Pacquiao were able to ride Floyd's coattails.
>>
>>64274926
Well, Lomachenko is fairly new to the scene. His amateur record is insane, but professionally he needs couple more matches before he gets serious recognition.

Anyway, Ward is going to get knocked out by Kovalev in June and Lara is going to get ko'd by GGG soon too, so all the hype around them will die pretty soon.
>>
>>64274940
He had cell replacement therapy in his cheeks and forehead.

>>64274974
I don't know. Burley was a welterweight and was forced to moving up to Heavyweight to pummel those guys because people like SRR blantantly ducked him and the rest of murders row. Burley only stopped fighting because nobody would get in the ring with him.

>>64274975
Not impressive.
>>
>>64268673
>Boxing will always be on top

That's not the way things are trending.

>McGregor made 1.5m

AHAHAHAhahahahaha ha ha ha.. ha. Oh you. If you're going to just make up numbers, at least make them realistic.
>>
>>64275044
>trending
Confirmed faggot. Go watch your matsex and wait for Ronda to come back.
>>
>>64275044
>That's not the way things are trending in America

fixed

Also, Sugar Ray Leonard, one of the fastest and most accurate punchers in boxing, threw about 25 right hands in his first round against Benitez and missed every single one of them as well as the follow up lefts. In the corner after the first round Dundee literally told SRL to forget about the right hand in which SRl replied "But he's right there!"

Can somebody remind me which great offensive fighter Mayweather tested his defense on?

Oh thats right the only two half decent offensive fighters Floyd ever faced were a post mortem Pacqiuao and a bloated Marquez dragged up two weight classes for a payday.
>>
He's the ultimate nigger and America is a c.uck nation. Time and again has proven that if you act like a nigger Americans will rush to throw money at you.
>>
>>64275107
That explains why Bradley isn't popular despite having one of the best resumes in boxing right now.
>>
>>64275126
also Terence Crawford, Andre Ward, etc.
>>
>>64275135
Andre Ward was pushed to be the star of boxing similar to how GGG is right now and threw every chance he had away, that left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths. Ward did see a resurgence in fans after Mayweather retired though despite only having fought a fat Paul Smith at a catchweight.

Crawford should be a lot more popular than he is with the spotlight that HBO has given him and how much the commentators mention him but I guess he's too humble to get behind. Broner seems to be more everyones style.
>>
>>64275006
yeah blackburn wanted ray as far away from murderers row as possible it seemed
>>
>>64275184
except Broner was exposed and no one gives a fuck about him anymore.
>>
>>64275184
implying erroll spence isnt going to piss on crawfords hand
>>
>>64275077
Oh you got me. You're totally right. Boxing is much better. Who doesn't love watching men hide behind giant gloves when they aren't busy hugging each other?
>>
>>64275214
Broner after having been exposed multiple times still has more fans than Crawford.

>>64275233
It's possible, Crawford was nearly KO'd by Gamboa and Spence is much larger than Gamboa. Though I really don't give two fucks about the welterweight division or anything near it until any of those faggots start actually fighting each other. Shits ridiculous as fuck.
>>
>>64275309
tfw Danny Garcia has the best resume in the division Middleweight has the best potential atm anyways
>>
>>64274990

>ward getting knocked out by kovalev

that'd be awesome, kovalev is legitametly terrifying, Killed a guy and just had an interview saying Jean Pascal is lucky he didn't die in the ring.
>>
>>64275330
Garcia is a Welterweight and he still technically has Pacquiao in his division.
>>
>>64275394
my grammar was shit they were two seperate sentences. Pac- Garcia would be a cool fight
>>
>>64275330

Middle is vastly underrated right now and has more competition and potential than SMW or light middlerweight. Even moreso after Andrade moves up and Lara if he does as well.

>Danny Garcia has the best resume in the division
But he lacks a resume at 147 and his best 140 wins were controversial as well. I don't rate malignaggi at all.

>>64275394
Everyone knows Pacquiao is the best at welterweight right now but he's retiring in one fight and everyone is in this phase where boxing is transitioning to the new generation.
>>
>>64275330

>lost to herrera
>lost to peterson
>has shitty haircut

i actually like danny but he needs to step up at welterweight.
>>
USYK
S
Y
K
>>
>>64275419
he lost to herrera but not a chance did he lose to peterson
>>
>>64275565

He's a cruiser...
>>
>>64275565
he should try to get in the HV division desu. He's slightly shorter than what he might want to be, but he can still make it. Cruiserweight is JUST of the divisions, you're not making it anywhere there.
>>
>>64262955
mainly because there are no dominant U.S. heavyweight boxers at the moment / during most of his career
>>
>>64275102
would love to see mayweather try to fight a prime thomas hearns lel. he wouldve been koed within 3. emmauel knew that as well that's why he always hated floyd or disputed anyone who thought he could hang in the 80s.

anyone who thinks floyd is anything but a chump needs to watch duran-leonard & hearns-leonard immediately.
>>
>>64262955
>millions of dollars up for grabs
>irrelevant weight category
think before you speak bruv
>>
>>64277589
Hearns would definitely ended mayweather
>>
>>64286240
not a certain thing considering how someone like ray leonard handled hearns
>>
>>64286327
>taking the b8
m8 watch the fight. hearns was dominating leonard early then outboxing him late. leonard literally had to go through hell to win. he abandoned strategy and brawled with one of the greatest punchers of all time. he almost lost his eye.
Floyd would not under any circumstances walk in a ring with hearns and not be carried out.
>>
>>64286429
I agree, he'd be carried out on people's shoulders as he yet again shuts up some goof who thinks he isn't a living legend
>>
>>64286429
This guy knows his stuff. And yes he did take the bait.
>>
>>64286429
hearns is a bum end of story as are all kronk fighters with that fucking black jew at their helm fucking emmanuel rothschild
>>
File: 1447962864445.jpg (901 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1447962864445.jpg
901 KB, 1024x768
This thread had no image replies until now
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.