[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I recently started watching NFL(I'm from Europe) and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: nfl.jpg (41 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
nfl.jpg
41 KB, 670x377
So I recently started watching NFL(I'm from Europe) and I don't quite get the rules. I still jizz my pants at a badass TD and stuff like that, but for the most part, I don't know what's going on. Send me a guide or baka?
>>
>>64261105

google dot com

"http://www.dummies.com/how-to/sports-outdoors/football/Football-Basics.html
>>
>>64261127
ty anon
>>
>>64261105
the rules are nonsensical and constantly changing. Replay hasn't changed that at all: in fact, made it worse. There's a loose base of rules in place: 4 tries to advance 10 yards. Either by running or passing the football forward. Every position seemingly has it's own rules imposed upon it as well. There's no knowing what's an official 'rule' until it actually comes up in the game. Even then, it still can be called incorrectly: See the Tuck Rule, for example.
>>
play Madden, that's how I got the basics down.
>>
>>64261233
Tuck rule was called correctly it was just a shitty rule and has been removed from the rule book since then
>>
>>64261660
best game in the madden series?
>>
>>64261678
25 for modern football/controls

15 was okay

16 was just fucking stupid. worst passing/catching mechanics in the last 15 years of maddens.
>>
>>64261105
It takes a while to understand it fully. Just keep watching and you'll pick it up. It'll take a couple of seasons of just watching to really get it though. I was 11 when I first started watching though so maybe that's why it took such a long time
>>
try to watch redzone, you'll see a lot of plays with weird calls because of the rules
>>
>>64261105
the announcers constantly explain the rules for babby "fans", so it's really easy to learn as long as you just watch a game or two a week
>>
>>64261660
Yeah this.

I took my wife's kids to an nfl game last year and they loved it. I bought them madden and now they know the game inside out.
>>
>>64261678
even if it's bad, the most recent one could get you a handle on learning who the current players are depending on how new you are to watching the NFL
>>
>>64261678
>>64261716
25 was the worst
15 not bad
16 best in awhile
>>
>montenegro
>europe
you're pushing it mane
>>
>>64261678
get madden 08
then if you really must get a newer one, they're mostly indistinguishable and you won't be mad unless you buy the new one every year (which is a retarded thing to do for any vidya series these days)
>>
>>64261105
The NFL is one of the worst sports leagues when it comes to transparency about rules and decisions. Even though there's differences in some rules, watching high school or college games is a good way to gain an understanding of the game
>>
>>64263907
>wife's kids
>not even yours
Don't we have a word for this type of behavior?
>>
>>64261674
In the Pats vs JEST game, it was called correctly. In the Pats vs Raiders game. it was called incorrectly. But that was because the Refs had it out for the Raiders. And before the Refs started giving the Pats a free ride because Godell and Craft are butt buddies.
>>
>>64261105
Is it a team an NFL darling?
>Do whatever you want

Is the team in the league doghouse?
>Holding, Illegal Contact, Pass Interference, Illegal Hands to the Face, Illegal Block in the Back, Roughing the Passer, Facemask

Those are the rules.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.