[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a more unlucky national team than ours? I think UEFA/FIFA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
Is there a more unlucky national team than ours? I think UEFA/FIFA holds a grudge against us.

>has to compete with the future world champions Germany for the direct spot to WC 2014
>secures the second place in the group and qualifies for the playoff, only to be drawn against the hardest possible competition, Portugal which later knocks us out
>yet again we are drawn in the most difficult qualification group for WC 2018 with Netherlands and France all competing for the top spots
>in the playoff for UEFA 2016 we are drawn against the hardest possible competition, Denmark which we do manage to knock out
>only to be placed in the tournament's Group of Death, with Ireland, Belgium and Italy.

JUST
>>
We're shit la

U21 is goat however and will carry is in the future
>>
>>64238954
>We're shit la
Doesn't justify us literally always gettings the worst possible draws.
>>
>>64238983
We drew portugal, englel and Italy in the u21 euros and still won the whole shit.

It is about skill.

This year we played literallywhostria and the shittiest russian team in ages yet still managed to only come 3rd

Old players and
>hamrén
will do that to you
>>
>>64238954
>U21 is goat
how so. becasue you won one shitty tournament? we got bronze in that same tournament, and we're still 100% shit in all ages. same as sweden, but at least you've got zlatan for now.
>>
>>64239000
>u21

A babbys tournament is irrelevant to the subject. I'm talking about the men's national team.
>skill
You're avoiding the subject.
>>
>>64239021
>we got bronze in that same tournament

advancing from the group stage =/= winning the whole tournament t b h
>>
File: 1335790526768.jpg (91 KB, 323x323) Image search: [Google]
1335790526768.jpg
91 KB, 323x323
>>64239000

>implying beating us is something to be proud of
>>
>>64239040
The u21are the new men's team
>>
Well you didn't win anything when you had Larsson, Ljungberg, Mild and young Zlatan, why even try now?

Most importantly, why are Denmark, Norway and even Iceland once again becoming more relevant football-wise when Sweden, swedish clubs and swedish players are going backwards, Zlatan discounted?

i'm sure you can do a good campaign this Yuro though.
>>
>Unluckiest
No this is what happens when you are a low pot team...
>>
>>64239073
i thought you were favorites for the euro16 title?
>>
>>64239272
There will be a key referee decision that will make us lose against a poor side, just like what happened in WC 2010
>>
File: 1438811631687.jpg (20 KB, 385x385) Image search: [Google]
1438811631687.jpg
20 KB, 385x385
>we were unlucky

STOP
>>
enjoy 4th place
>>
>>64239272

that's just dank memes m8
>>
>>64239288
Unfortunatly that's very likely. We've gone out recently roughly 1/3rd of the time on refball, 1/3rd of the time penalties and 1/3rd on just being incompetent. And the last two times have been incompetent and penalties

>>64239073
They actually lost to us
>>
>>64239127
>Most importantly, why are Denmark, Norway and even Iceland once again becoming more relevant football-wise when Sweden, swedish clubs and swedish players are going backwards, Zlatan discounted?
What are you even talking about? The Swedish league is better than ever with Malmö reaching the CL 2 years in a row and our league is ranked higher than all other Nordic countries, top 20 I believe in Europe.

What do our neighbors have that we are failing at? Our youth team won the European tournament.

>Bra71l

>>64239128
That doesn't mean we can't get drawn against any of the lower quality top seeded teams. We always get the worst ones though.
>>
>get knocked out by Penaldo and a squad that finished behind USA in their World Cup group
>implying a team that couldn't even get to qualify for the playoffs, finishing behind Iceland and Turkey, is worth mentioning
>implying Denmark, a team who finished behind Albania, is "hard"
>"Group of Death"
>Ireland
>a team that played the knockout and you think would've been an easier rival than Denmark
>the worst Italy squad in ages
>4 out of 6 teams in 3rd place advance to the next round

Poor you.
>>
>>64239570
>5pa1n
>could only win one match in the world cup and lost 1-5 to Netherlands, the team that you are now shittalking
By that logic, imagine how terrible Spain mjust be.
>>
>>64239720

Don't be mad, Sven,
Pedro is right, your team is shit.
>>
>>64238983
Every possible draw is the worst possible draw when you suck
>>
who /EASY/ here though
>>
>>64238859
Swedish Fifa rep probably isn't corrupt, so his country gets constantly shafted.
>>
>>64239272
It's coming home through the channel la
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.