[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OFFICIAL NFL CONTENDERS POWER RANKINGS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 8
File: consider the following homer.jpg (23 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
consider the following homer.jpg
23 KB, 569x428
1. New England
2. Arizona
3. Seattle
4. Carolina
5. Green Bay (I know I know)
6. Pittsburgh
[end of contenders]
7. Cincinnati
8. Denver
[end of outside shots]
9. Houston
10. Kansas City
11. NY Jets
12. Minnesota
13. Buffalo
[end of teams that deserve to go to the playoffs in a just world]

9001. Titans
>>
Fuck you
>>
>>64230093
>Carolina above Denver

I do not think so, familia
>>
>>64230133
>Raiders
>literally today
>>
File: manning.jpg (51 KB, 492x336) Image search: [Google]
manning.jpg
51 KB, 492x336
>>64230093
>yfw a team from the NFL Least sneaks into the Superb Owl and wins it
>>
>>64230133
And the Pats lost to the Eagles, but you have them at #1. Correctly, I might add.
>>
File: 1450039748805.jpg (395 KB, 1635x1656) Image search: [Google]
1450039748805.jpg
395 KB, 1635x1656
>>64230093
>13-0
>number 4
>>
>>64230265
>4 games against NFC East
>4 games against AFC South
>6 games against NFC South that couldn't produce a .500 team last year

Getting fat on cupcakes
>>
>Carolina below Seattle

Kill yourself
>>
Jags at 14
>>
>>64230288
>looks at trip

Oh, I see. You're a seakeks fan, aren't you?
>>
>>64230265

They should be #3 with Rawls ded, but no way the Panthers would beat the Pats or Cards right now. Current Pats would beat the Panthers, healthy Pats would demolish them. Cards should be #1 though.
>>
>>64230402
Seattle @ Carolina is basically guaranteed in 2nd round (Seattle over NFC Least, Green Bay over Minnie in wild card) so please screenshot me so you can make great taunts after Carolina manages to go 2-4 against Russell Wilson
>>
>>64230433

It's laughable to think even a healthy Pats would "demolish" the Panthers. The Panthers are not capable of being demolished.
>>
>>64230540
>>The Panthers are not capable of being demolished.

This is literally (LITERALLY) what Panthers fans think.
>>
>AFC South (4 free wins)
>NFC East (4 free wins)
>Bucs, Falcons, Saints (6 free wins)

The Panthers have 14 free wins built in. They beat the Packers and Seahawks which is impressive but can't say I'm convinced. They're going to be lazy after their bye and lose to probably Seattle in the playoffs.
>>
Reminder that Notre Dame went undefeated a couple years ago

Reminder that Iowa was undefeated until the big ten championship

Reminder that your record is just as much a function of who you've played as how good your team is
>>
>>64230265
Nobody actually thinks they will win it all. They are on the greatest fluke run ever and will go one and done in the playoffs.
>>
>>64230588
Tbh Pats would struggle against Panthers. Cards are the better team tho
>>
>Houston in top 10, ahead of two teams that beat them
>13-0 team ranked 4
>>
>>64230588
I'm not saying the Panthers will win the Superbowl. But I can guarantee their playoff game(s) will be competitive.
>>
Post >yfw 18-1 happens again
>>
>>64230710
13-0 with the weakest schedule in the league
>>
>>64230710
>I think that record is all that matters for team strength

go to espn.com and sort by Wins lol that is clearly the best way to determine team ability

>>64230758
It's gonna be 16-1
>>
>>64230797
one god damn second. atlanta had a much easier schedule than the panthers did. now they are 6-7

the rest of the league is playing the same shitty teams the panthers are playing, so why isnt anyone else 13-0?
>>
>>64230912
Because the rest of the league has played a good team at least once in their schedules. Panthers don't have a signature win yet.

>inb4 seahawks or packers who were playing awful football at the time
>>
>>64231024
What as the Pats signature win again
>>
>>64230912
>Other teams playing NFC East, AFC South, NFC South for 14 out of 16 games

Yes there are 3 other teams with that schedule. The Bucs who got the first overall pick, the Falcons who have been bad for 3 years (and still looked good early this year with that schedule), and the Saints who do not know what defense is
>>
>>64231132
The Super Bowl

>It's a new season!!! The rosters are completely different!!!

Btw the AFC East gets the same AFCS/NFCE snorefest that the NFCS gets... but the Jets and Bills at least offer a little more challenge than the Falcons and Bucs.
>>
>>64231132
The Eag--oh wait.
Oh yeah, the Bronc---nevermind.
>>
>>64230093
>New England number 1
>Denver number 8
You bradyfags are literally the most delusional idiots I've ever seen.
>>
>>64231024
>Cardinals
Primetime Bengals, Seattle seahawks literally the week after they had played carolina
>Patriots
Giants?
>Bengals
Seahawks, but that doesnt count right? literally the week BEFORE they played carolina.
>Seahawks
apparently not a strong team
>Packers
also apparently not a strong team
>Broncos
Pats

Broncos owl confirmed
>>
>>64230635
>90% of the teams in the NFL are shit so that doesn't make the Panthers good for beating all of them
>>
>>64231132
Pats are a proven team year after year. Carolina has never done anything but lose in the playoffs to seattle. They need to actually win a super bowl before they get the respect they feel entitled to.
>>
hope steelers keep flying under the radar
It only makes >(us) stronger
>>
Holy shit you retards who don't understand strength of schedule are retarded

Go get your Clemson and Carolina champions tattoos. Beating a bunch of cupcakes > coming out on top of a pile of contenders
>>
>>64231358
This seems to be the case, I don't think the panthers will go to he owl, but if they do, people will take them more seriously instead of just saying it was because of their weak schedule
>>
>>64230093
>Texans
>deserving to go to the playoffs

My sides
>>
File: 1402477843645.jpg (61 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1402477843645.jpg
61 KB, 612x612
>>64230093
>3. Seattle
>>
>>64230288
My god you are right
>>
>>64231473
Absolutely. I think Seattle will win vs. Carolina yet again in the playoffs, but it's possible Carolina will win that game, and if they do they'll have to beat AZ (maybe GB but I kind of doubt it right now). They'll earn their respect if they can beat those teams.
>>
>>64231323
Wins against seattle in the first half of the season aren't impressive because all of those teams should have beat them. Seattle was a mess of a team on offense and defense and only recently started to get it together. If a team were to beat Seattle right now it would be very impressive. The packers went through a horrible stretch of football the past month with several issues but I do believe they will come around in time for a good playoff run.
>>
Honestly I'm surprised I'm not getting more flak for calling Pittsburgh an owl contender. I'm also surprised there's no Chiefs fans making a stink.
>>
>>64230797
Panthers have beat more teams currently in the playoffs and teams .500 or better than any other team in the NFL going into this week. Not sure how it stands after this week but doubt that fact changes much.
>>
>>64231759
>Currently in the playoffs

Beating the AFCS and NFCE champions means you beat 2 teams currently in the playoffs, way to go. Neither of their champions are top 12 teams they just happen to be in retard divisions
>>
>>64231670
>Seattle winning on the road in the playoffs.
They will be lucky to make it past the NFC East champ much less go to Carolina and win.

>Being scared of the Cardinals who have played an easier schedule than the Panthers thus far.
Palmer hasn't ever win anything and shouldn't scare anyone come playoff time, he is older Andy Dalton.
>>
>>64231868
Nobody would be surprised if Seattle beats Carolina in the divisional round. They've beaten them in Carolina several times in recent memory.
>>
>>64231831
>not realizing healthy Luck will awaken and unleash fury on all who doubted him

Colts win the owl as a 9-7 team, book it
>>
Can you imagine if we get Seattle and Green Bay in the nfccg again?
>>
>>64231627
Gtfo here you meme loving cock sucker
>>
>>64231868
>Cardinals easier schedule

Cards have played Seahawks, Bengals, Steelers and Vikings... Panthers have played Seahawks, Packers, and a collection of retards

Seriously I would take the Rams above every team the Panthers have played outside of SEA/GB
>>
File: russ smiles.jpg (87 KB, 1024x727) Image search: [Google]
russ smiles.jpg
87 KB, 1024x727
>mfw deep down /sp/ knows that if the Hawks make the tournament, they'll be representing the NFC in their third straight Owl
>>
>>64232134
>if the hawks make the tournament
>if

There is basically no way for the Seahawks to do worse than the 5 seed unless they manage to lose to the Browns at home... The Falcons and Bucs are the closest teams to pushing the Seahawks out of the playoffs and that's sure not happening. NFC is top heavy this year... four solid contenders and a bunch of shit
>>
File: Dockett Laughs at you.jpg (53 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Dockett Laughs at you.jpg
53 KB, 600x450
>>64231868
>panthers strength of schedule
>stronger than Cardinals
The delusion is strong with this one.
>>
>>64230093
>Pitts and Cards going to playoffs
Hallelujah.
>>
>>64232174
>four solid contenders and a bunch of shit

Three solid contenders.
Arizona, Carolina and Seattle.

Green Gay and Minnesomalia are the buffer between the contenders and the trash, but they're not at all contenders.
>>
>>64232174
I'm still not convinced in Green Bay. Their passing attack is peewee tier
>>
>>64232134
i really dont think that tho..
>>
>>64232175
Going into this week based off opponents win loss record the Cardinals had the weakest schedule in the NFL. I can't find the chart right now but it is out there. The Panthers were at 28th or 29th easiest schedule. So the difference wasn't major but the Cardinals schedule has been easier. They have beat a whole bunch of 3 or 4 win teams with a few decent one sprinkled in, almost all of Carolinas opponents have 5 or 6 wins. The Panthers opponents have been consistently less shit than the Cardinals opponents, even though both teams have played a ton of shitty teams. I mean Dallas with Romo is the worst team the Panthers have played, the Cardinals have played the 9ers and browns and ravens who are easily the worst teams in the NFL by far this year.
>>
>>64232542
Cards play Green Bay in 2 weeks and I have no confidence Green Bay will beat them in Arizona.
>>
>>64232542
I'd be interested in seeing the SoS formula that also keeps in mind the opponents of your opponents.... because I don't think these Bucs/Falcons/Saints are even .500 teams if not playing NFCE/AFCS/eachother
>>
>>64232229
Yeah idk what happened to GB but I still fear them more than Denver/Cinci right now. If GB got lucky vs. Arizona and Seattle beats Carolina I could see GB winning the NFC though. No one wants to play in GB in January.
>>
>>64232542
not a panthers fan but what is the ratio of schedule strength that overcomes 2 victories in the nfl?
>>
How does it make you guys feel that you were so happy the Seahawks were looking like they would miss the playoffs, now they are probably going to be the best team going into the playoffs again?

How does it make you feel you will have to see all the stories about the 12th Man all playoffs long again, and about 12s like the tripfag OP?
>>
>>64232704
to clarify i mean how greater of schedule must a team have to still be considered better than a team who has one 2 more wins in a season of only 16 games
>>
>>64232704
I will personally buy you a Panthers 19-0 Super Bowl L tattoo right now you pleb motherfucker
>>
>>64232714
ive said this earlier, they will not be the best team in the payoffs, or the nfc side of it, they dont look great and i doubt they can win a string of games against the other elite teams in the nfc
>>
>>64232814
while i agree they may not win a ring, i will say that they have a much better shot than the cards my man
>>
>>64230093
NFCCG: Seahawks @ Panthers
AFCCG: Steelers @ Patriots

Superbowl: Steelers @ Panthers

Winner: ???
>>
>>64232912
I actually see it going the other way. Same four teams in the CG's, but a Pats - Hawks rematch.

The season ends with Marshawn Lynch fumbling on the 1-yard-line trying to punch in the go-ahead TD with less than 30 seconds in the 4th. Everyone laughs at the Seahawks twice as hard as they did last year. The memes flow...oh God how the memes will flow.

Seattle spends the next decade as a sub-.500 team.
>>
>>64230093

>no philadelphia

what??

please remind me how many other teams beat the pats in new england
>>
>>64232912
How in this scenario are the hawks and cats not playing in the divisional round? Do you have the hawks winning the west or a 6th seed Vikings beating the east champ in the wildcard round?
>>
>>64232912
Yeah as >>64233015 says there is basically no way for Seahawks to play Panthers in championship unless you see the Vikings beating the Packers in the first round

>>64233015
Seahawks are getting 5, NFCE is getting 4

>>64233006
I hope you didn't rank the Browns when they beat New England...
>>
>>64232987
If Seattle makes the wol again they'll kill New England.
The way they're playing matches up perfectly.

However, New England can beat literally anyone else in the NFC
>>
>>64230265

seahawks are just that elite
>>
>Seattle loses Lynch
Gets better
>Seattle loses Grahm
Gets better
>Seattle loses Rawls
Gets better

Can somebody explain this to me?
Is Wilson literally consuming the souls of his injured team mates?
After Carolina and NYJ, the Baltimore game was by far the biggest blowout of the day and Wilson is literally throwing dragons.
>>
>>64230093
>Texans
>>
>>64232000
>000
what the fuck future is this
>>
>>64232714

Even if they win this year, they still got beat by Brady and can't claim any consecutive titles.
>>
>>64233130

The Seahawks throw the deep ball better this year and the Pats defend it far, far worse. Seahawks can't run well, Pats have a good run defense. Pats still are GOAT at dink and dunk, versatility. Seahawks still try very simple schemes on D that rely on their secondary and D line simply having better players.

I think it would actually be a pretty even matchup.
>>
>>64233190
>the Baltimore game was by far the biggest blowout of the day
The jags dropped 50 on indy
>>
>>64230155
>superb owl winning teams don't lose any games
lel retard
>>
>>64230093
Jags gonna go all the way
>>
>>64231024
Lmao at Patsfags just inventing barriers to respect like requiring a completely subjective "signature win." Not even being undefeated is good enough for these faggots once NE has lost.
>>
>>64238694
patsfags are mean! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
>>
>>64232696
Rodgers isn't invincible there anymore.
>>
Are the Panthers gonna be the worst 19-0 team ever lads?
>>
File: 1444372006966.png (607 KB, 761x720) Image search: [Google]
1444372006966.png
607 KB, 761x720
>Green Bay
Honestly, yesterday's game gives me hope that Lacy is back in action.
>>
>>64240645
Lacy has been fine any time he's gotten more than 2 carries. Tom Clements has just been a complete fucktard who doesn't understand what a power run game is or what a fullback is.
>>
>>64233190
>Blowing out the Vikings, Ravens and Steeler's Secondary is impressive
>>
File: 1449854769791.jpg (35 KB, 336x334) Image search: [Google]
1449854769791.jpg
35 KB, 336x334
>>64230093
>2. Arizona
>3. Seattle
>>
>>64238227
and carolina just fucking shutout atlanta
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.