[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any way Aston Villa will be able to stay up this season?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7
File: download.png (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4 KB, 225x225
Is there any way Aston Villa will be able to stay up this season? What do they need to do?
>>
zero villa fans here?
>>
>>64203627
>is there any way villa we be able to stay up
nope
>>64203849
i am one unfortunately
>>
Shouldn't have sacked Lambert lads. Enjoy the Championship rofl.
>>
It's a perfect storm of lowered expectations, shitty management, incompetent administration and terrible signings. There might just be too many leaks to plug to stop from sinking.
>>
>>64204124

we're going down and so we should. Let the big boys play and we can just sit mid table in the championship for the next 2 seasons. it's inevitable.
>>
File: 1266108838751.jpg (88 KB, 438x600) Image search: [Google]
1266108838751.jpg
88 KB, 438x600
>mfw brum teams getting btfo while lestah leads the prem
what a time to be alive
>>
>>64203627
No we're totally fucked. We might never come back up.
>>
Big Sam or Pulis could have done it
Sadly both are busy atm
>>
They shoud go down. They've been shit for a while and everyone is bored of them.
>>
>tfw Villa, Sunderland and Newcastle will all finally be relegated
>tfw this will happen in the same season

Those three are each robbing a place in the PL. Feel bad for Wijnaldum though
>>
Alan Hutton is Conference-tier
>>
>>64204521
>Bog Sim being relegated

kek

KEK
>>
>>64204521
same with Amavi
Could be a star in a smaller league and play in the CL but instead chose to go join a relegation scrub
Sure someone will bid for them
Sunderland wont get relegated though
>>
Will we become Leeds lads?
>>
>>64204549
Hopefully not that bad though that depends on how the financial side gets managed. Probably the new Forest.
>>
>signing la masia "wonderkids"
>from Africa
>>
for starters they need to beat Newcastle next week
if they don't, they're relegated already
>>
No chance they need 10 wins just to be in contention
>>
File: CheekyLads.jpg (22 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
CheekyLads.jpg
22 KB, 460x276
Who's your next messiah? You can borrow these lads if you want
>>
They'll pull it off.
>>
>>64203627
MOYES WHEN?
>>
>>64203849
UTV and he got abducted and raped
>>
File: image.jpg (330 KB, 1276x1270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
330 KB, 1276x1270
>Villa, Sunderland & Chelsea will get relegated this season
>>
>>64204521
swap newcastle for chelsea and you're right
>>
LOLOLOL have fun with Randy Lerner britbongs

SO glad he finally sold the Cleveland Browns to someone else.
>>
>english journos will unironically blame garde for villa getting relegated
>>
>What do they need to do?

win games i guess
>>
they're fucked tbhfam

there's no way they're going to do it with how shit the team is playing alongside how many games they need to win
>>
>>64203627
They could stay up if they hired someone to assassinate every single member of every other team in the league.

They have no other hope.
>>
Need to start playing like their amazing rivals west brom
>>
>>64204200
I genuinely think >you will come straight back up if you get relegated. Historically, Aston Villa have, I think, spent more time in the top flight than any other team (apart from possibly Everton). You're going through a bad patch now, and you've been shocking for years and I want to see you out of the league, but relegation will probably wake you up (inside.jpg) and hopefully we'll see the Martin O'Neill-tier Aston Villa that was roughly as good as Tottenham, instead of the shitshow that has turned me into such a raving ABAV.
>>
>>64204424
>referring to villa as 'we' with that flag

didn't grealish choose england?
>>
They'd need to spunk about £40-£50m in January on players who are really only to go there for the cash. Still no guarantee though. Mind, they've been riding their luck since Lerner pretty much force O'Neill to leave. They were a good side under MON. Absolute garbage since.
>>
>>64229438

>forced o'nelll to leave

kek.

o'neill left when he threw his toys out of the pram after lerner refused to finance anymore of his absurd signings.
>>
>>64203627
I highly doubt it after what bournemouth and newcastle did the last weeks.
>>
Aston Villa needs to win more games. This is how ball sports work.
>>
>>64234708
>absurd signings
This was a team that was challenging the top four, when O'Neill asked for a bigger share of the funds from the Milner sale, the billionaire Lerner declined, essentially forcing MON to leave.

You don't know what the fuck you are talking about son.
>>
>>64235888

>nigel reo coker
>9m
>>
>>64234794
this
>>
>>64236037
And? Reo-Coker wasn't that bad of a player. You seem to be forgetting that MON had taken them from a mid/lower-table team to a top 6 one that was reaching cup finals and looking to challenge for a CL spot. It would make sense for the chairman to financially support the manager so they could push on.

Villa's demise is completely of Lerner's making
>>
They are well and truly fucked

Tactics, not even once
>>
>>64236128

It was no longer financially viable to keep throwing money at the club only for MON to fail to make top four again.

He was too tactically inflexible as well. Villa were great on the counter under him but when teams sat off he was fucking clueless.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1301712/Buy-buy-Martin-How-ONeill-spent-120million-years-Aston-Villa.html
>>
>>64236190
>multi billionaire
>not financially viable

Okay, You cannot achieve and maintain a high level of competitiveness without investment. MON knew this and clearly had ambitions not met by the chairman.

Villa have been in a huge state of decline ever since. Clearly he knew what to do to take the club forward, something Lerner doesn't.
>>
>>64234794
couldnt agree more.
to stop being relegated they need points and to get points they have to either draw or win games.
>>
>>64236235

He gave him the investment. They were vastly outstanding Arsenal year after year but still couldn't move them out of fourth place.
>>
>>64236336
So give up? Is that what you're saying? It's like your arguing for the sake of it as you have no clue at all.
>>
>>64236336
They were unable to match the huge wages at Arsenal.
>>
£20m net spend per season and that is considered adequate investment? The clubs they were competing with were spending that on a single player.
>>
>>64203627
Funnily enough, I don't really have much sympathy :^)
>>
>>64236369

What's he meant to do? Send the club into administration? Look he is doing a shitty job but MON was not blameless.

>>64236371

>arsenal
>huge wages

o i am laffin

Arsenal around that time hovered between 4th and 6th highest wagebill in the country.
>>
>>64203849
what happened to the Argentine who subjected himself to supporting Villa?
>>
>>64236531
Why would they go into administration? He's a billionaire, FFS.
>>
>>64236550

Because that's not how football works. Arsenal have two billionaires as their major shareholders and neither put any of their own actual money in the club.

Lerner was at the time, outspending his rivals for the top four and didn't get the desired results. Going completely to the other end of the spectrum was not the right thing to do but O'Neill had his chance and fucked it.
>>
File: 22 Wages Growth.jpg (93 KB, 853x614) Image search: [Google]
22 Wages Growth.jpg
93 KB, 853x614
>>64236531
>Arsenal around that time hovered between 4th and 6th highest wagebill in the country.

You literally are fucking clueless.
>>
>>64236577
>Because that's not how football works.
Works for Chelsea, PSG, Man City etc.

>Lerner was at the time, outspending his rivals for the top four
Who? Liverpool? No. Spurs? No. Man City? No. Chelsea? No. Man Utd? No. Everton and Arsenal perhaps. but as has been pointed out. £20m NET investment per season is simply not enough if you want to take a club from mid/lower-table to top 4, as Man City can attest to.
>>
y you no Adama Traore?
>>
So, will they have a worse season than derby?
>>
For one, get rid of Guzan. He's just awful, even for the usmnt. Have no idea why he still has a spot with >us or Villa with all the silly goals he concedes
>>
>>64204521
Whats the problem with Newcastle? It's good having them in the PL, fuck those other 2 teams though.
>>
>>64238608
they're pretty hated on /sp/ because everyone here loves pardew but honestly toon threads are always comfy
>>
>>64238663
I don't think people hate Newcastle so much, there was just a stage when the whining from some of their fan base became completely absurd.
>>
>>64238707
tbf the "protests" were completely blown out of proportion for media clickbait

every toon supporter I know is just absolutely sick of the memory of those seasons
>>
File: Mcleish.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Mcleish.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
>>64203627

>tfw everything went just as planned
>>
>>64203627
It's already over for villa lad.
>>64204607
Newcastle has beaten liverpool and tottenham in their last two games, can't see villa getting anything more than a draw and even that is unlikely.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.