[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's next for his career?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: joshua froch.jpg (38 KB, 599x719) Image search: [Google]
joshua froch.jpg
38 KB, 599x719
What's next for his career?
>>
>getting put on shit street by Dillan Whyte

He's not ready for the big boys yet...he needs a literal human heavy punching bag to get experience going 10+ rounds, then maybe Chisora or David Haye's corpse
>>
File: Carl Blacked.jpg (73 KB, 599x719) Image search: [Google]
Carl Blacked.jpg
73 KB, 599x719
>>
"get the FUCK down on your knees blud"
>>
>>64201251
Whyte only had one good round, stop talking shit Joshua is ready for Haye. Remember, Haye has been out for 3 years
>>
>>64201403
Haye is a stylistic nightmare for Joshua, his speed and power even nearing 40 would be too much for him. France has it right, if that fight goes ahead it won't be until David Haye is basically at retirement. Fury or Chisora are better matchups, but Fury could still basically outbox him at this point.

Ideally Hearn will get him to be mandatory for Wilder, who has some speed and power, but absolutely no chin.
>>
>>64201353
Too big and too strong.
>>
>>64201449

Joshua is years away from Fury. This is a guy skilled enough to go to Germany and outsmart and outbox Wlad. AJ could beat him but not any time soon.
>>
>>64201536
This. All that unnecessary bulk was clearly slowing him down yesterday. Not a boxer's physique at all. That's the biggest reason I think Joshua doesn't have what it takes to get to the top. He cares about his image more than his boxing, and doesn't have the edge you need to get right to the top. He's been told he's the best without actually achieving anything, you could see the overconfidence yesterday.

Say what you want about Haye and Fury, but they have that killer instinct and streak of meanness required.
>>
>>64201579
Oh I know, he's nowhere near that level yet. I'm just saying that stylistically, if he ever does get to that level, Fury is a better matchup than Haye if they're both fighting well.
>>
>>64201251
This, pretty much. He's expecting to heem people within 3 rounds, and against better opponents this just isn't going to happen. He needs experience at going the distance and needs to box clever instead of going for the hollywood ending every round. Fury would take him to school currently.
>>
File: 776691.jpg (36 KB, 540x328) Image search: [Google]
776691.jpg
36 KB, 540x328
>>
>>64201579
>Joshua is years away from Fury
You're highly overrating Fury, all he did was out point an elderly Wlad, he's not a very good boxer and Joshua is too aggressive for him
>>
>>64201593
His physique isn't far off Haye's at his peak.
>>
>>64201449
>Haye is a stylistic nightmare for Joshua

Running away for 15 rounds and not doing anything would be a nightmare?
>>
>>64200971
i wish he'd fight froch. can't stand that cunt
>>
>>64202094
MUH 80,000
>>
File: froch6734.jpg (17 KB, 360x260) Image search: [Google]
froch6734.jpg
17 KB, 360x260
>>64202094
>fighitng an international superstar

Too big and too strong m8, you'd get Cobra'd.
>>
>>64202180
the cobra is based as a commentator tbf
Carl Bless
>>
File: froch.png (375 KB, 587x691) Image search: [Google]
froch.png
375 KB, 587x691
>>64202193
>them memories

https://youtu.be/xi9AeleN6bc?t=44s
>>
He looked slow and robotic, got wobbled and gassed. He's not going to be the new Lennox, no way. Joseph Parker looks way more promising.

I'm guessing he'll fight on the Frampton-Quigg undercard against Chisora or maybe some random bum.
>>
>>64202236
lel, froch keeps on saying he could beat GGG but thats all it is, talk.
>>
>>64202288
At 168lb I'd give him a decent chance.

If anyone could go 12 with GGG based on their chin, I'd say Froch could.
>>
>>64202316
think GGG is too small for super middle tbqh
>>
>>64202094

I respect him for coming up the hard way with zero hype, unlike Joshua. Before the Super Six everyone thought he would get BTFO

Also "muh 80,000 at Wembley Stadium" is a funny meme
>>
>>64202316
He might go 12 but he would be thoroughly outboxed regardless. I'd rather see Golovkin-Canelo at this point.
>>
>>64202367
I reckon we will in September. WBC keeps pushing the deadline for a deal back, which in real terms means 'negotiations continuing', the fact they're at the table talking is good news.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.