[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm talking with my father and he tells me he can no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 324.jpg (15 KB, 324x324) Image search: [Google]
324.jpg
15 KB, 324x324
So I'm talking with my father and he tells me he can no longer watch his beloved bicycle racing on tv because universal sports is gone and there are no alternatives. He lives in rural western US and has to get his tv and internet over satellite, and sadly he cannot be taught how to download the files via torrents. Believe me I have tried.

My hope is that someone can tell me a way to watch good coverage from a satellite network.
>>
>>64180472
>he cannot be taught how to download the files via torrents. Believe me I have tried.
Sounds like his personal problem, faggot. Go lover's suicide with your father.
>>
Easy. Stop being a redneck and move to a metropolitan area.
>>
best i can suggest is to stream it online, however that will probably result in a lot of 240p broadcasts. Also i believe Bein sports shows bicycle racing sometimes, so you might want to look into that
>>
get him a streaming subscription, there must be one for bike racing
>>
Could you download them, then stream it to him? He would just have to click on the url.
>>
>you download the torrents
>you put them on usb thumb drives
>send them to him by mail
>he plays them on his computer

It's not timely, but the results wouldn't be spoiled ether.
>>
>>64180570 thanks for the advice, I will take this into consideration.

>>64180614 there is cable within 1 mile in all directions from his place. And he's from Germany, so probably closer to a nazi than a redneck.

>>64180665 I will look into this

>>64180748 doubt it, on top of all his other deficits, he drives an apple so I couldn't begin to explain it to him.

>>64180788 oh god I hope it doesn't come to this.
>>
Just search and email him the correct torrent links.
>>
i believe the uci channel on youtube livestreams some races.
>>
I think utorrent has a feature that allows a phone to control the downloads on a pc, so you could do the torrent searches correct me if i am wrong in this.
Otherwise i agree with the suicide option.
>>
Universal Sports stopped being free here yeaaaars ago, maybe you should download the races for him and mail it like a good son
>>
Eurosport is full of road cycling. It's a free satellite channel in Europe. I assume he watches European cycling.

Their cycling portal: http://video.eurosport.co.uk/cycling
>>
>>64183333 yes just discovered this! Says it's not available in my country so would have to work around that.......

>>64183790 "on a pc" did I mention the apple angle? Yes, I did.

>>64184306 Checked their site, lots of videos but not full coverage of races stage by stage.

No one has a satellite plan for the US where a guy can watch cycling, pathetic!
>>
Your father is just missing sleeping in front of the TV during the races. We have a country based just on that.
>>
>>64186468 no he's really into it, he was a racer before moving to the US in his early twenties, he gets up in the wee hours to watch the TDF live.
>>
>>64186886
I was kidding. Mine was a racer too, like almost all his generation, but now all of them sleep while watching it. Quite an attitude from your father.

Since it looks like you have no coverage, I can only suggest you to find a link to the important races and tell him to get there everyday when the race is on. If you have more at least 10Mb of connection many streams will be more than ok.

Quite weird that the country of Armstrong can't provide that. Here all important and local races are on plubic TV
>>
>>64187862
Yes he might have to suck it up and learn how to use his wonderful apple product. His wife insisted they get this thing and neither of them know how to use it....... USA has awesome coverage of NFL NBA and NASCAR, anything that's cheap to televise and insert ads, cycling isn't on our radar.

And I'm not sure what his downstream is, have to find out.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.