[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
These are the two hardest groups right? Would you rather be in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: d and e.png (13 KB, 438x201) Image search: [Google]
d and e.png
13 KB, 438x201
These are the two hardest groups right? Would you rather be in Spain's position or Belgium's?
>>
Italy's position
>>
Groups B D F are the most open ones, I can see anything happening
Group C is second, with Poland and Ukraine fighting for a second place
Group E is Italy and Belgium on top, Sweden isn't any better than Ireland imo
Group A is unpredictable, you never know what France could do
>>
>>64171136
You mean Belgium and Italy

know your place.
>>
>>64171136

It's going to be important who tops our group, second place is going to be play Spain the next round.

>>64171987

jesus christ you fanboys are retarded
>>
>>64170973
D is not that hard
croatia depends too much on their great midfield which is our best position, it will probably be 2012 again
I can't really name quality players from turkey or czech apart from Cech or Turan
>>
>>64172923
>
no, YOU are the reason why belgium doesnt win shit.
If you weren't such pussys and revolted they would sack wilmots
>>
SPAIN
CROATIA
TURKEY
CZECH REP

ITALY
SWEDEN
BELGIUM
IRELAND
>>
>>64173111
This guy, this guy gets it.
>>
>Belgium
shit
>Italy
meh
>Ireland
shit
>Sweden
shit

hmm I wonder
>>
>>64171136
>group f
>open

kek
>>
>>64173531
I guess Austria and Iceland have that one locked down.

>>64173298
Finland in charge of discussing football
>>
>>64172933
Czech players are mostly guys playing on non-big teams
Only other name you might recognize is Rosicky

But we played very well in the group stage, and I hope the squad remembers when Turkey (not even European) knocked us out in 08
>>
>>64173852
>Rosicky
>healthy
I assumed he was going to be ded by then
still he is too old and punished by injuries
>>
>>64173111
>>64173261
>wilmots is shit

This fucking meme. Only 20 year old edgelords who only started supporting the Red Devils since the World Cup actually believe this crap.
>>
>>64176545
>Gets one of the most talented teams in the world
>Can barely make them play well enough to beat Usa, Algeria and South Korea
>Self-hating Belgians thing quarter finals with that team was a good result

Top kek, took him years before he could get some of the best players in the world to form an actual team and then only because the players are literally too good to lose to a team that isnt top 5.
>>
>>64176924
The team is a hell to build.
Most of your stars are unable to play together and you have no wing backs. It's not Wilmots fault
>>
>>64170973

>dont know who to support in cro vs tur match

hate them both with almost same passion
>>
>>64177098
That game is going to be a /balk/ shitstorm isn't it?
>>
>>64177159
not really, we don't give a shit about them.
>>
>>64177159
Not really. Though I think Croatians hate Turks too, just not as much as the Serbians.

>we /kosovojesrbija/ now
>>
>>64177098
surely you'd rather remove kebab than croats
>>
>Group C
>Germany
>Poland
>Ukraine

Generalplan C? The Group of Real Death? The Soccercaust?
>>
>>64177196
>>64177203
But the rest of the balkans will join the threads anyways, I reckon
>>
>>64177078
Alderweireld is a high tier back and Vertonghen can fill in more than ok. He just doesnt know how to use them. And its literally the coaches job to make them able to play together.
>>
File: hakan_1.jpg (44 KB, 748x416) Image search: [Google]
hakan_1.jpg
44 KB, 748x416
>>64172933
>I can't really name quality players from turkey

What about this guy?
>>
File: korea-newscaster-world-cup.gif (988 KB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
korea-newscaster-world-cup.gif
988 KB, 460x259
>>64177351
>Generalplan C?
>>
>>64177568

that is probably the most retarded comment i've read today and i'm on fucking 4chan.

Alderweireld a high tier back, what are you even smoking? He's a high tier center back, nothing more. He doesnt have the pace needed on the back, he doesnt have the high volume to grind his side of the field and he doesnt have a cross. He has nothing (on that position).
Well, he has ok positioning i suppose, mostly because Wilmots keeps him on defense so he only has to focus on that.

Vertonghen more than ok as a back? Did you even watch the world cup, guy?
I've never seen someone more out of place on the field than him at the WC, it was almost embarrassing. Every time we got under pressure he got shit on, every time he tried to attack he didnt track back (probably because he doesnt have the volume needed either), leaving a gap on the left. He was terrible and he's a bigger liability than Alderweireld.

>He just doesnt know how to use them

???

enlighten me, how you would "use" two CB's, with no assets whatsoever for the full back positions, on the full back positions? You're such fucking dumbass it's surreal
>>
>>64178912

Alderweireld and Vertonghen have been excellent the Premier League, not sure how they work as fullbacks though. It seems kind of weird to stick both of them out there, does Belgium not have any decent fullbacks?
>>
>>64178256
goddamn, what a qt
>>
>>64179201
*have been excellent in
>>
>>64179201

they're both good/great centerbacks and i think Tottenham would consider them both valuable assets to the team. They're just not fullbacks.

We have a good amount of decent centerbacks, so one of the things Wilmots did was test all of them on the full backs. He tried other players as well but no one got it really right. Both Alderweireld and Vertonghen seemed the least bad options and so it's grown naturally into Vertonghen left back and Alderweireld right back but it's really not that great, not for the team and not for them.

Occasionally Wilmots will try someone new, like Lukaku's younger brother who's a leftback or some other guy from the Belgian league (Meunier) but you can see they're not used to playing at that level. Not too surprising, seeing they play in the Belgian league lel

He tried someone from the Turkish league (Cavanda) against Italy but that was a disaster. So after all this time we're still stuck with Vertonghen and Alderweireld.
>>
>2 decent teams and 2 teams that arent literally Iceland and Samoa
>GUYS ITS THE GROUP OF DEATH!!!!!

Every single world cup with this nonsense.
>>
>>64180812
>world cup
Also there are 24 teams playing instead of 20 (more "weaker" teams).
>>
File: 2004.jpg (92 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
2004.jpg
92 KB, 620x372
>>64171136
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.