[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
opinion on Mignolet, good? bad? somewhere in the middle?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: ^^^^mignoleet.jpg (8 KB, 292x173) Image search: [Google]
^^^^mignoleet.jpg
8 KB, 292x173
opinion on Mignolet, good? bad? somewhere in the middle?
>>
>>64130798

He's okay, makes seem good saves sometimes, makes mistakes other times.

I think he's got better in recent memory but maybe that's just me.
>>
>>64131068
to me he seems like he can save most of the time, but when it really counts, he falls apart and disappears
>>
>>64130798
He would be a great player for a mid table club like Sunderland or Everton, but this is LFC. We need to do better.
>>
Am I the only one who thinks a lot of goalkeepers do not deserve to be playing at the level they are in. So many goals I see I can find obvious fundamental technique flaws that directly result in a goal. I'm so glad Gary Neville is bringing attention to this finally.

The biggest one I see VERY often is being set after the ball has been shot. This is probably the very first thing any goalkeeper learns and yet so many 'professionals' don't do it. Mignolet is one of these guys.
>>
shit
>>
Seems to have 2-3 months every season where he turns utter shit, then finds form again. Last season his wife literally sat him down and told him to just stop overthinking it and play his natural game.

Problem is he just has too many flaws in his game

>utter utter shit with the ball
>Weak on crosses
>Never ever commanding
>Seems to flip a coin on whether he stays on the line or comes out

He's getting a new contract for some reason, Klopp seems to like him because he speaks like 5 languages and has a degree
>>
alright first season at liverpool, kinda shit second season and great third season (so far)
>>
>>64132941
Just because it is taught at a low level does not mean everyone will goalkeep better using this method. Neuer takes a small jump after his set to keep him on his toes, now although this is against common belief, he still is rated as the best keeper alive.
>>
>>64134483
He seems like he decides whether he wants to play well or not, i.e. giving up 2 goals in quick succession against Leicester then matching a record for most consecutive away clean sheets
>>
>>64130798
Top 15
>>
>le hold onto the ball man
>>
fabianski szczesny ospina tier
>>
Run of the mill.
>>
>>64132941
What do you mean?
>>
>>64132811
Liverpool are already a midtable club ameritard
>>
>>64134483
>>64134483
>he's getting a new contract
christ. I know money is better spent elsewhere but I'd rather have victor valdes or pepe reina on free than mingo
>>
>>64137626
Being set, in a broad sense, is when the goalkeeper is on his toes with his hands in the correct position ready to move any way the ball goes. It's a term every goalkeeper knows and uses.

>>64135249
I'm sorry but the argument that not everyone will be better using this method is just wrong. Any respectable goalkeeper will back me up on this. Before I stopped playing, I personally used to be coached by a keeper who played professionally in the EPL and he would rip into me every time I set after the ball was shot, saying its a bad habit a lot of keepers do but needs to be eliminated. Its not personal preference, it is simply due to the fact that the time it takes you to do that little small jump after the shot is taken is valuable time the ball is travelling towards the goal. If it takes you even 2 tenths of a second to do that, it could be a full metre of travel or more. Whenever a keeper does this mistake in professional league, you will frequently see them reach the spot the save should have been made only slightly after the ball has passed them - meaning it was savable.
>>
>>64130798
Painfully mediocre, the only reason he still hasn't been dropped is that he's STILL riding the glory of the fact he saved a penalty in the last minutes on his debut.
>>
>>64141588

>P..P..PLEASE N-NOTICE ME BIG STRONG AUSGOD
>>
>Liverpoo
>>
>>64130798
he's good enough for prem but not good enough for a top 6 side
>>
>le good shot stopper
>le occasional blunder man
>>
He's been better than Courtois in 2015
>>
>>64130798

liverpool-tier goalie
>>
File: triggered.jpg (118 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
118 KB, 1280x720
>>64142959
>>64142959
>>
>mediocre saving skill
>shit ball distribution skill
>cannot fucking shout

Even Huerillo Gomes is better than this guy
>>
>>64137651
:^)
>>
>>64132811
"""""we"""""
>>
>>64142968
Bullshit. He's a very good shot stopper, and comfortably better than some of the shit like Gomes and Boruc

He's an average keeper with flaws
>>
I've never heard of her
>>
>>64130798

garbage goalie for garbage club
>>
>>64142952
> using le on 4chan in 2015
>>
Trash, doesn't give out any confidence to watch, seems like a mistake is a moment away. His shot stopping is good, but everything else is poor or awful, his dealing with crosses is better than it used to be but its still meh at best, he seems to come off the line when he feels like it or just cba sometimes, and his distribution is absolutely wank
>>
He will eventually be replaced/upgraded, but as it stands Liverpools recent arrogance has left them in a situation where there are hundreds of more pressing issues to address.

He's lucky that the defence and midfield depth is so frighteningly bad otherwise he'd be seen as a much bigger problem.
>>
>>64149193
The midfield depth on paper isn't too bad, but without can or henderson >we severely lack any kind of dynamic play going forward or anyone willing to drive into space so without those 2 it's very pedestrian in there, not helped when benteke plays and slows play down
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.