[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are they going to need to re-issue these rings when Golden State
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10
File: file.png (243 KB, 364x450) Image search: [Google]
file.png
243 KB, 364x450
Are they going to need to re-issue these rings when Golden State goes 82-0 this year?
>>
nah
>>
File: displeased pepe.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
displeased pepe.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>world champions
>>
>>64122171
pipe down and start your own league
>>
>>64122171
there's literally no debate that NBA players are the best in the world. when was the last time america lost in baketball in the olympics? our international record is 445-64, nigger
>>
>>64122151
does the ring have a date on it anywhere?

I wonder if you could do one of those computer simulations like they used to do in Boxing to see who would win
>>
>>64122192
>>64122194
Still doesn't give you the right. NBA champions should just play a one-off World Championship game against the Euroleague champions every year. Sure, NBA teams would win it 9/10 but still, at least then it'll have meaning. Everyone knows the Champions League winner will beat the Copa Libertadores winner more often than not in the FIFA Club World Cup but that doesn't give the Champions League winner the right to proclaim themselves the best team in the world before they actually win the Club World Cup.
>>
File: 1449761677562.jpg (25 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1449761677562.jpg
25 KB, 306x306
>world champions
>>
>>64122230
>NBA champions should just play a one-off World Championship game against the Euroleague champions every year.

Why? Did the your Euroleague champion winner play the girl's team from St. Alban's School for the Blind? No, because it would be similarly pointless.
>>
File: 1448399652205.jpg (12 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1448399652205.jpg
12 KB, 258x245
>>64122151
>tfw GSW lose their last 2 games of the regular season and go 71-11
>>
>>64122264
I'd much rather them go 82-0 and then get swept in the first round
>>
File: herrmann.jpg (38 KB, 433x433) Image search: [Google]
herrmann.jpg
38 KB, 433x433
>>64122194

you lost the olympics 10 years ago

"world champions"
>>
>>64122230
NBA teams would win 10/10 times if they actually cared, it wouldn't even be close. The gap between the NBA and every other league is absolutely massive. Look at this way: Imagine that the South American leagues didn't exist. The only leagues in the world are the European leagues, MLS, Liga MX, and the Asian leagues. If somebody decided to name the winner of the Champions League "World Champions", nobody would complain because their B team would stomp the champions of the other leagues without breaking a sweat. That's what it's like in the basketball. Maybe in 20 years, when the foreign leagues start to catch up, people will have room to complain. But for now? The NBA champ is the best team in the world, end of story.
>>
>>64122171
ONLY PART OF THE WORLD THAT ACTUALLY MATTERS

(minus canada of course)
>>
>>64122258
>>64122283
Euroleague champions don't claim anything besides being champions of Europe. It's simple really:

Euroleague champions are champions of Europe because they compete against European teams. How can NBA champions be champions of the world if they haven't competed against the World? It's not relevant that they most likely are the best team in the world, however this does not make them champions of the world.
>>
File: image.png (85 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
85 KB, 640x1136
>>64122230
>they don't have the right
Uh, they can write on their rings whatever the fuck they want to. And what's not gonna stop the '95 Bulls from calling themselves the World Champs is not playing this Euro team, or the best Japanese team or the best Mexican team. They were best in the world amd there's no lack of "rights" here
>>
>>64122319
>Euroleague champions don't claim anything besides being champions of Europe.

Because they aren't better than any of the NBA teams. Claiming to be anything more than champions of Europe would be laughable when they would get BTFO by the 76ers.

>How can NBA champions be champions of the world if they haven't competed against the World?

How can the NBA champions be champions of the United States if they haven't played against George Washington University's basketball team?

> It's not relevant that they most likely are the best team in the world, however this does not make them champions of the world.

Not "most likely". They are. The NBA is just that far ahead of all other leagues.
>>
>>64122342
>MVP: Dominique Wilkins
>1996

This must be how Euros feel when their old soccer players come to MLS and dominate.
>>
>>64122279
i wouldnt mind that either

or maybe have them sweep every team in the playoffs, except to be swept themselves in the finals by the 76ers who found their mojo again in the 2nd half of the season
>>
File: image.png (138 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
138 KB, 640x1136
>>64122359
The league's top regular season scorer (playing for Real Madrid) was also this American, Joe Arlauckus
>>
>>64122369

Warriors sweep every team in the West, then get swept by Bulls (who only got to the Finals because Lebron got injured). Doug McDermott puts up 30+ points in all 4 games, wins the Finals MVP award.
>>
File: baseball.png (9 KB, 312x208) Image search: [Google]
baseball.png
9 KB, 312x208
>>64122230

Netherlands are the true baseball world champions btw
>>
File: iBDNfMv.gif (680 KB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
iBDNfMv.gif
680 KB, 360x202
>>64122418
>>
>>64122426

It's sad that the people who like baseball the most are also the least likely to care about international competition (old white dudes). The Baseball World Cup gets zero coverage here, the MLB pressures our top players to not play, and essentially tells whoever the manager is in any given year to play the star players that so show up as little as possible, because it's not worth the risk of them getting injured. The foreign players, on the other hand, go all out because they actually have some pride in their country. So you have guys from those Dutch Caribbean islands, Cuba, and the Dominican Republic playing their asses off while the American players just chill and wait for the season to start.
>>
>>64122442
>getting injured swinging a bat every once and a while

how do you do this?
>>
>>64122459

You'd be surprised. Pitchers get injured fairly often because of the speed that they're throwing at and the way that breaking pitches can twist your arm around. In some youth leagues, kids are actually not allowed to throw curve balls because so many of them were developing serious arm problems later on. Batters are swinging those bats at ridiculous speeds, it's common for a guy to pick up a shoulder injury because of it. There's also a lot of sprinting and collisions for baserunners, so that's a potential broken leg, broken hand, or a dislocated shoulder every time. Outfielders sometimes get injured too, but that's pretty rare because they're not in any danger of hitting anything (unless they're running into the wall).
>>
>>64122342
>>64122344

So what's the problem then? Why not play a one-off World Championship game?

They claim is still not legitimate. The comparison to the university team doesn't hold up because the NBA is the highest professional league of the United States and Canada, not the World as the rest of the World can not compete in it. It's really that simple, it doesn't have anything to do with how good they are because they most likely would beat the Euroleague team. Most likely doesn't mean they would by default though, in that case the 76ers might as well not play against the Warriors ever, same case.

Also, stating the 76ers would BTFO the Euroleague champions is fucking bullshit.
>>
>>64122842
>So what's the problem then? Why not play a one-off World Championship game?

Waste of time. Can't really justify making those star players play a glorified exhibition game against a bunch of scrubs.

>They claim is still not legitimate. The comparison to the university team doesn't hold up because the NBA is the highest professional league of the United States and Canada, not the World as the rest of the World can not compete in it.

The NBA is the highest professional league in the world.

>Also, stating the 76ers would BTFO the Euroleague champions is fucking bullshit.

Why? The quality of the European competition is way, way behind the NBA. The odds of any European team, even the best team in Europe, having multiple Gasol/Dirk/Parker-tier players is very low. Look at the current Euroleague champions, Real Madrid. Their best player, the Spanish League's MVP, was the 23rd pick in the NBA draft and is currently struggling to hold down a starting spot in Chicago, which is the NBA's 7th or 8th best team (and that's being generous). I would fully expect the 76ers to beat Real.

....actually, that should be the intercontinental game. The worst team in the NBA against the best team in Europe, going head-to-head in a 7-game series. My money's on Philadelphia in 5.
>>
>itt butt blasted euros
I bet the Kentucky, Duke, other top tier college teams would beat a majority of euro teams
>>
>>64122947
I follow both, the Sixers would not beat Real even if Real are in shit form.

How can the NBA be the best league in the world if they do not compete against teams from outside the US and Canada? Factually speaking it is impossible to know unless they play against a championship winning counterpart.
>>
>>64122985

I bet the Kentucky, Duke, other top tier college teams would beat the 76ers
>>
My car is the fastest in the world i never had it tested though but i know its the fastest so i put a sticker and a medal on it saying "fastest car in the world"
>>
Still going to be hard as fuck to get 72 wins regardless if they are 23-0.
>>
if the UEFA champion was claimed world champion it wouldnt bother me, I dont understand why yuro`s get so autistic
other than

>hurr durr americans
>>
>>64123059
Nice try Mario, yuros dont have cars
>>
>>64123115

Don't worry, they'll stop whining about us in 30 years when China is the most powerful country. Then you'll see Dutch posters complaining that the Chinese Super League can't really be Super because they've never beaten Superman.
>>
>>64123076
this.

they'll have to win atleast 50 out of the next coming 59 games to beat 72-10
>>
>>64123163
You mean 73-9 but yes. Is this stat even worth it is the real question. What's more important, a record in the regular season or a world championship?
>>
>>64123115
They wouldn't hold any legit claim to that if they don't win the Club World Cup. Simple as that.

>>64123143
Woah, look at that, losing the discussion so you start spouting drivel.
>>
>>64122282
>10 years ago
>>
>>64122842
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_NBA_players
Would you look at that, there are players from all over the WORLD in the NBA.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_played_between_NBA_and_international_teams#2010s
Wow the NBA teams win 90% of the games they don't give a shit about!

What would playing a Euroleague champ vs. NBA champ game prove? The NBA champ has nothing left to play for; they have literally just spent the last year beating the best teams in the world. They have nothing to gain by risking injury to beat some tier 2 side from across the pond.

at the bottom of the second link are 3 games between NBA Champs and Euroleague champs. NBA champs are 2-1, the loss being in 2010 when the Lakers lost by 4 with Kobe only playing 24 minutes
>>
Implying Dirk is going to make the greatest run and kill off GS and the Cavs
>>
>>64122230
I'd actually like a basketball club world cup.
>>
>>64122171
World
a part or aspect of human life or of the natural features of the earth, in particular.

the people, places, and activities to do with a particular thing.
"they were a legend in the world of British theater"
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.