[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>This club Just a flukey, one season meme, right britlads?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 17
File: Leicester_City_crest.svg.png (259 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Leicester_City_crest.svg.png
259 KB, 1024x1024
>This club
Just a flukey, one season meme, right britlads? not a new permanent resident among top of the table clubs....

right?
>>
Yes, a meme contender for a meme season. Whoever wins the EPL this season should not be taken seriously since it's the worst season since the mid 90s
>>
don't worry, they'll drop off when they have to play champion's league mid-week next year
>>
>>64119714
The worst part is they'll finish last in their group. Just fuck our coefficient up senpai
>>
>>64119706
>yfw Chelsea resurges and goes on a perfect win-streak from here till season's end
>yfw Chelsea memes their way to another CL trophy

hardest wew tbeh.
>>
Can they sustain this success for the next few years? Probably not
Are they a definite contender for the title this year? If you don't think so, you're a fool
>>
>>64119736
>if Chelsea won every single league game from now on they'd still finish with less points than their last season total
>>
>>64119737
The question is, is this a season we should take seriously?
>>
File: tambourine.gif (404 KB, 342x342) Image search: [Google]
tambourine.gif
404 KB, 342x342
>>64119736
>mfw Chelsea is in the relegation battle until the last couple weeks of the season
>>
>>64119760
Vardy and Mahrez are for real, ignore them at your own peril
>>
File: laughing maury.gif (4 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
laughing maury.gif
4 MB, 320x240
>>64119761
>mfw the thought of Chelsea LITERALLY getting relegated

How hard would /sp/ meme during those last few weeks of the season?
>>
>>64119760
No, we should petition the FA to add an asterisk to this season's league trophy

>>64119767
Vardy is a 29 year old who is having the first good season of his career, it's a nice story but he won't last. Mahrez might be for real but I never trust north African work ethic, my best bet is he'll get a transfer or a fat new contract this summer and will get fat and instantly decline
>>
>>64119786
>my best bet is he'll get a transfer or a fat new contract this summer and will get fat and instantly decline
sure, if he goes to [spoiler]Chelsea[/spoiler]
>>
>>64119706

>WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH WHY CANT MY TOP 4 CLUB WALK THE LEAGUE EVERY YEAR

kys my friend
>>
>>64119803
>implying he'll agree to move to the Championship
>>
>>64119803
>>
>>64119804
I support West Ham, my club never walks anything. If you can't see that this season is a total shitshow then I don't really know what to say
>>
>>64119808
look, I would love it as much as anybody if Chelsea actually fell hard enough to drop a league
but it's not happening, there's just too many other crap teams below them this year
it's gonna be AV, and two of Sunderland/Newcastle/Bournemouth (pleasepleaseplease not Bournemouth)
>>
>requesting the lifelong american lie-chester fan vocaroo
>>
>>64119786
>but I never trust north African work ethic

cmon pham senpai.

>there is a universe in which Zidane transferred to the EPL after Juve
>Newcastle with Zidane and Shearer
>>
>>64119817
This season has been entertaining as fuck, especially compared to last season

Explain how this season is bad, besides you being perturbed at Leicester
>>
how come there's 20 teams in the PL but 24 in each of the lower League leagues
>>
Leicester's defence will let them down. Especially if Vardy/Mahrez get rumbled and cant bail them out again
>>
>>64119698
>tfw Watford quietly sitting in 9th, far higher than any pundit would have expected :3
>>
Leicester is this season's memehampton.
Vardy is this season's Kane.

It's all about the memes lads
>>
>Americans complain there's no parity in the sport and brits like to point out how their league has the most parity in europe
>Team outside of the established elite manage to do well (for now)
>Americans and brits complain that a meme team is doing well
>>
>>64120335
Yeah us americans are hypocrites when it comes to "meme teams". They cry about no parity then a new team starts winning like the Warriors and they call them a meme team and hate.
>>
>>64120315
I believe this, coming from THE meme country: memelgium
>>
>>64120356
>not memegium
>not lelgium
>>
It'd be nice to see Leicester finish in the top 4 and put the Champions League money to good use.

Honestly though, Vardy will be average again before the end of the season and Mahrez will believe his own hype, and try to get a move to a rich club where he'd just sit on the bench and be the guy they bring on in the 88th minute to run down the clock.

Screencap this. It's gonna happen.
>>
They were a mid season club last season that had a shit manager and some bad luck. Now they are a mid table club with a competent manager and are on a hot run.
>>
>>64120047
They play less games in the EPL because of European games and players being on international duty.
>>
>>64119698

Classic meme club having a meme season.
They'll get absolutely raided in the summer (maybe even Jan) and slip to safe mid-table and then relegation next season.
>ranieri
>vardy
>mahrez
>the black guy in midfield
>etc
>>
>>64119760
Why should we take this season any less seriously than any other? Just because a meme team is winning? Guess you can't take the '90s seriously either then, when Newcastle were good. Or the early 2000s, when Leeds were good.

>>64119831
I really want Bournemouth to stay up. They have such GOAT meme power. A Premier League with Bournemouth in it is the kind of Premier League I want to see. Same goes for Brighton if they get promoted this season.
>>
>>64119698

Be honest, you want to bandwagon them don't you m8?
>>
>>64119837
>people forget how much this guy disappeared on important games
>>
>>64120694
in ye olde days, you'd be right
Leicester would capitalize on the success of this season, sell off their shiny new stars to Manchester or Chelsea or Real Madrid for a bunch of money, then settle back into mid-table mediocrity for a few years

the difference now is the shiny new television deal; since every PL club is literally going to be handed a truckload of money just for playing soccer in the league, they don't need to sell their best players to stay afloat

which would make Chelsea choosing THIS season of all seasons to get relegated fucking hilarious, since they'll be missing out on ALL THE MONEY
>>
Why are so many upset at Leicester being 1st? Do you prefer the same boring 4-5 that have players that cost 3x more than Leicester's squad did?
>>
>>64120900
I think Bournemouth is going to get fucked over by all these injuries and drop, which is very disheartening

btw, I just looked it up, and GW38 has Leicester AT Chelsea
just fucking imagine if with a win (AT Stamford Bridge!) Leicester would give themselves the league championship AND relegate Chelsea ALL AT THE SAME TIME, and do it in front of the Chelsea crowd

There might actually be a riot, and it would be fucking glorious
>>
>>64120969
My nipples are getting hard.
>>
>>64120969
Also Ranieri getting to kek Mouyes after Mouyes bullied him in the Serie A
>>
>>64120969
This would be amazing.
>>
>>64119815
FLOPPED
L
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>64119698
god tier emblem
>>
File: I daint bereave it.webm (472 KB, 410x330) Image search: [Google]
I daint bereave it.webm
472 KB, 410x330
>>64120969
>>
File: 19243718234.gif (423 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
19243718234.gif
423 KB, 600x338
>all of /sp/'s faces when the foxes win the league
>along with a cheeky FA cup
>>
If Leicester win the league, should Vardy and Mahrez be in consideration for the 2016 ballon dor?
>>
>tfw most americans call it lie-chester
>>
>>64120315
Except for the fact that Kane is still the 3rd top scorer in the league and Leicester is doing far far better
>>
>actual competition
>multiple teams have a chance at winning
>underdog at the top
>only 6 pts between 1st and 5th
>only 3 pts between 1st and 4th

>bongs are saying this is a bad thing
lol, disgraceful
>>
>>64119779
i'm getting an erection just thinking about it. It's a glorious year to be an ABC
>>
>Leicester
>pronounced 'Lester"
>english bable

Also
>off of
>>
>>64119736
>yfw chelsea gets relegated but wins the champions league
>yfw second division team in the champions league
>>
>>64120930
UCL final, Worldcup and Euro finals....brainless american again
>>
>>64119698
>Vardy will stop scoring goals
>Mahrez will get picked up by a good team
>Teams start to adapt to them anyway
>Stuck with shit like Albrighton, Ulloa, Drinkwater
>Float back down the table

Sorry but no club except United/City/Chelsea/Arsenal and at a push Liverpool/Spurs could realistically sustain success.

Southampton tried to build a great academy and do it that way, still got absolutely BTFO within 2 years.

Liverpool tore them to pieces, and now they're losing to Liverpool's reserves 6-1. That's how the Premier League goes unfortunately.

The only way it could possibly happen is if somebody stumbles across the next Fergie/Shankly, is stable financially and manages to find a GOAT scouting system. And hope a couple top teams collapse
>>
Based Ranieri finish top 6. Based Ranieri was the one who set up the foundations for Chelsea's success.
>>
>>64134261
>Based Ranieri was the one who set up the foundations for Chelsea's success.

"No", Roman billions did that
>>
>>64134143
>shit like Albrighton and Drinkwater

Drinkwater's unironically one of the best midfielders in the league at the moment and I can't think of many wingers who are better at crossing than Albrighton is.
>>
File: 1449405659103.jpg (29 KB, 370x500) Image search: [Google]
1449405659103.jpg
29 KB, 370x500
>Chelsea focus massively on the CL
>Mouyes sees winning it as the only possible way to get back into the competition next year, salvaging the season and saving his job
>Fires the team up to play like absolute beasts mid-week
>League form suffers as a result but they're cruising to the final
>Refuses to risk playing bench-warmers or youth
>First-team players dropping like flies from injuries playing so many minutes
>They make it to the CL final
>0 first team players left after such a herculean effort
>The rest of the team shits the bed and gets relegated
>Slaughtered in the CL final
>mfw
>>
File: TacticsTim.jpg (38 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
TacticsTim.jpg
38 KB, 620x413
>>64119837
>there is a universe in which Zidane transferred to the EPL after Juve
Funnily enough, Blackburn were looking to buy him the summer they won the league from Bordeaux. When Dalglish pitched it to Jack Walker he I shit you not replied 'why do you want Zidane when we have Tim Sherwood?'
>>
>>64134143
>is stable financially and manages to find a GOAT scouting system
Just pay an extra something to Porto's scouts to tip you about players before they talk to the Porto board.

EASY
A
S
Y
>>
>>64119779
I don't see it quite honestly, Newcastle Aston Villa and maybe Norwich
>>
>>64141647
Porto can get south american players earlier than England, that's why they have such good scouting/development
>>
Didn't Southampton do this last year?

>unexpectedly good season
>sell all your players
>shit again
>>
>>64120931
That would the most glorious possible outcome of the season.
>>
>>64138471
don't stop you're making me moist
>>
>>64119698
Leicester have the two best players in the world right now - Kante and Drinkwater. Both players worth £60million plus. They are serious Champions League contenders next season after they win the league by March.
>>
>>64143374
>named drinkwater
>drinks water
>>
>>64119698
>tfw it's possible to see Leicester win and Chelsea get relegated.

I know Bournemouth isn't going to be competitive enough with >Mouyes to fuck them up and that sandniggers are gonna get antsy with Leicester dominating so they are gonna offer Drinkwater and others disgustingly large checks and fuck the team up
>>
This season's Southampton.
>>
>>64127967
>spics

lmao
>>
they've just fluked a good fixture list order

they've played the shittest of the top 4 at home... Man Utd.. and drew 1-1, and played Arsenal at home, and got raped 5-2

i fully expect Arsenal, United, Chelsea, City, Spurs and Liverpool to all beat them at home, and most of them to beat Leicester away

they'll finish 8th or 9th
>>
>>64127967
Construir pared, pablo

>>64143443
>C either makes K or a S sound
>X is just ks
>K is silent if there is a N after it

fuck this meme language to be honest, family
>>
>>64143476
>muslims

lmao
>>
>>64141560
top kek
>>
>>64141560
Even if they didn't go full retard, I'm pretty sure Zidane would not have been interested anyway.
>>
Who gives a shit?
>>
>>64143476

I was having this conversation with a guy at my local kebab shop. He was explaining how Turkish is an unerringly phonetic language, to the extent that there is zero ambiguity about pronunciation even if you've never read the word before.

He put it down to the fact that Ataturk completely overhauled the way the language was written in the 1930s to make it easy for even peasants to learn how to read and write.

I guess the difference is that English spelling conventions never had such a radical, centralised overhaul in order to simplify the language.

A lot of our words were derived from foreign languages a long time ago and their spellings evolved over time at the discretion of publishers, which means that we have a lot of words that have kept features of the old spellings even though pronunciations may have shifted markedly away from those origins.
>>
File: 1449580293961.jpg (270 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1449580293961.jpg
270 KB, 1024x768
/sp/ - 'meme club, lmao can do nothing lel lel'
Alex Ferguson - 'yes, Leicester are serious candidates to win the league, if they invest in January'.

ok neckbeards
>>
>>64143796
>if they invest in January

But you know they gonna do the opposite and sell of everyone

>>64143643
Well, yeah Ataturk's reforms is what makes Turkish so great with the phonetics and that English is a lost cause after so many Scandi raids, French takeovers and melding with so many poo in the loos what ever left if Anglish is pretty much not worth restoring
>>
It's nice to see the season up for grabs but like it's been said part of it is the top clubs being very poor, prem clubs are going to be humiliated out of the champions
>>
>>64143849
off*

fug :DDD
>>
File: 11512054.jpg (46 KB, 448x300) Image search: [Google]
11512054.jpg
46 KB, 448x300
>>64143849
This guy is worth billions, he's not selling shit.
>>
>>64143909
Let's hope he tells the DoF to not trip up this transfer season.

>This guy is worth billions

Is there anyone who isn't a billionaire that owns a club in the EPL=

>inb4 the owner Bournemouth lives in a cardboard box
>>
>>64127967
> Jose is pronounce ho-zay
> Jesus is pronounced hey-zeus

Hope Swine flu kills off your shit tier language sooner.
>>
File: 1276629198843.jpg (10 KB, 246x247) Image search: [Google]
1276629198843.jpg
10 KB, 246x247
>>64119779
>>64138471

Seriously though.... the fact there is now a non-negligible risk of Chelsea getting relegated is exciting. Can't even begin to imagine everyone's reaction when it happens
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 750x802) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 750x802
>>64120969
>>
It's called English football m8. Anyone who actually remembers football before 1992 knows that there is no team in this country that can stay on top indefinitely. This ain't fucking Spain that literally only has 2 relevant teams the whole country gets behind and ignores the rest.

Dominant teams by era:

1950s = Wolves/Man U
1960s = Man U/Tottenham
1970s = Leeds/ Nottingham Forest
1980s = Liverpool/Everton
1990s = Liverpool/Man U
2000s = Man U/Arsenal
2010s = Chelsea/Man City

And even in between all this lot you had dozens of other teams with strong teams nicking the odd league title and Domestic/ European cups

Future:

2020s = Leicester/Bournemouth

Book it
>>
>>64143972
Plenty.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_club_owners
>>
>>64149037
Also

>there's one trillionaire owner in EPL
>>
>>64148769
>Ignoring all the Atleti + Valencia + Sevilla + Athletic + VillaHalal fans
>>
>>64119761

i really, REALLY like this gif>>64119761
>>
leicester are a couple of injuries from being midtable cloggers.

look at west ham, flying and then they lost about five of their best players.

leicester would be the same.
>>
>>64143796
even if they did invest in January, Liverpool are definitely going to be strengthening the squad because of the new manager

United will probably panic buy a meme player for an extortionate price, probably Stones

Chelsea will spend a shit ton

Arsenal are supposedly getting some better depth

doubt Spuds or City will buy anybody but with all of those teams strengthening I cant see Leicester staying top regardless of what they do in January
>>
File: caveman spongebob.jpg (5 KB, 250x157) Image search: [Google]
caveman spongebob.jpg
5 KB, 250x157
>>64149076
>Man City
>Government of China
>>
>>64150061
Spurs will probably buy support for kane but nothing much more
>>
>>64143643
This is correct. Turkish used to be written in the Arabic alphabet, but that alphabet was completely wrong for the language and spelling was almost impossible, so they changed it to Yuro as soon as they could.

>tfw the same is probably true of Irish since it's completely unpronounceable
>tfw we could live near an island with an exotic and ancient writing system, but we don't because gypsies can't read so they just used ours
>>
This team will fall apart after Christmas. Probably finish 6th.
>>
>>64149037
>""""""""English""""""""" Premier League
>>
>>64149037

>Government of China
>>
>>64150131
>>64150943
>owned by terrorists and the Chinese Gov.

Why in the actual FUCK would you support that club?
>>
>team gets gutted in January (i.e. United sign Mahrez)
>Vardy misses last few months due to summer gala preperations
>>
>>64119706
mid 90s were fucking amazing
>Fledglings vs Entertainers vs Spice Boys vs Wenger's new recruits
>>
>>64151105
Why would Leicester sell Mahrez in January and ruin their title/top 4 challenge when they can sell him in the summer for the same price or even higher if he continues this form?
>>
>>64152761
Because they're a small club and should cash in on the hype before they plummet down the table

In January: loadsahype
In July: I want to leave for a Champions League team, sell me cheap please
>>
>>64152831
>owner says they want to be top 4 in 5 years
>actually top 4 after 2 years
>'k lads let's cash in'
>>
>>64152876
Want doesn't get.
Blackburn's owners said the same thing about 5 years ago
>>
>>64152909
Well selling off our best players isn't an amazing way to get there either is it? We've got a good manager and some fantastic scouts and backroom staff who have been with us since Pearson first came. We've clearly got a plan and it's working.
>>
>>64120930

You mean this time he scored twice in a WC final ? Or maybe this time he scored a panenka in a WC final against the world's best gk ? Or maybe his Euro final.

Oh yeah I get it, you're talking about that time he scored a world class goal in a CL final. Zidane was overrated as fuck.
>>
>>64152978
You know your club has made it when you suddenly have Canadian bandwagoners
>>
>>64153087
I'm from Earl Shilton in Leicestershire. If only I could change my flag so I don't get this shit whenever I post
>>
>>64153125
Probably should have thought about that before you emigrated to Canada then
>>
>>64152978
>we

Kek, I guarantee you'll support a new team when they're in a relegation fight within 5 years
>>
>>64153174
Moving back anyway tbf
>>64153199
>>64153125
:^)
>>
File: feghouli v belgium.webm (308 KB, 680x384) Image search: [Google]
feghouli v belgium.webm
308 KB, 680x384
>>64119786
>but I never trust north African work ethic
feghouli was voted best african player of la liga last year and probably has been for the last 3
>>
>>64153514
>webm of scoring a really shit penalty
>>
>>64153696
tbf it shows up as a cone in my file explorer didn't realize it was a pen, still he's an objectively great player
>>
>>64119706
WAAAAAAAAH WHY CAN'T MY EXTREMELY RICH TEAM MAKE TOP 4 SAFELY EVERY YEAR
>>
>>64153125
No wonder you left.
>>
>>64151023
I don't. But then gain, plenty of EPL clubs are either owned by the jews, arabs or oligarchy so the other guys isn't that likeable to begin with

>The biggest clubs that is completely owned by Englishmen is West Ham
>>
>>64121007
and the fact that he took the chelsea job off ranieri the first time round
>>
>>64119737
Ameripleb watching his first football season... they will most likely end up in the Europa League and might even be able to get in the CL as fourth but teams like Leicester usually get BTFO in the second half of the season, not enough depth in the squad
>>
>>64150649
>>tfw the same is probably true of Irish since it's completely unpronounceable

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insular_script

if angloturds actually had any knowledge about language or script they would know that lots of languages operated in latin script and a script of their own, here's how the georgians do it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgian_language#/media/File:Road_Sign_in_Latin_and_Georgian.jpg

>b-but it's because the irish are stupid

kys
>>
>>64165641
So what your saying is the Irish being stupid is just coincidental in this case?
>>
File: 1449759311639.jpg (55 KB, 720x485) Image search: [Google]
1449759311639.jpg
55 KB, 720x485
>>64153208
>moving back from Canada to Earl Shilton
kek, Canada confirmed as utter hellhole
>>
>>64119698
can you say Blackburn Rovers?
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.