[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's suppose the modern NBA's teams time-warped back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: badboys.jpg (36 KB, 640x442) Image search: [Google]
badboys.jpg
36 KB, 640x442
Let's suppose the modern NBA's teams time-warped back to the 80s and 90s. Hand-checking was allowed, illegal defense rules reverted, and most importantly, there was much more acceptance of hard fouls. Elbows and fists could fly with abandon.

How would the league change? Who would rise, who would fall?
>>
Lebron would actually be more GOAT since he could hand check the tiny ass guards that he needs to guard sometimes.
>>
Centers would get BTFO, point gods would dominate, bird would torch everyone else except LeBron nnd few others. Then there's Jordan.

Pretty equal desu. People like LeBron would benefit ina tougher environment. He's crippled being unable to retaliate and at the mercy of the refs. If he could lay someone out, no one would wrap him again.
>>
File: DOUSHIO DOUSHIO.gif (796 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
DOUSHIO DOUSHIO.gif
796 KB, 500x281
>tfw imagining Westbrook getting knocked the fuck out on one of his drives to the basket
>>
>>64118951
imagine him trying to do that bullshit he does and then chimping out against Rodman.

Nigga would have straight punched him in the mouth

>rookie duncan against 5 ring duncan
That'd be interesting to see
>>
Meme Memery would get meme'd out the mement he meme'd
>>
>>64118763
this to be honest family.

he would've stayed at 280 and just trucked fools who were stupid enough to stand in his way
>>
>>64118713

You gotta love the fact that the baddest dude of the bunch is the white guy.

>>64118763
>lebron benefit from tougher...the nigga couldn't even handle no air conditioning. How is he supposed to handle get knocked around by Laimbeer and Mahorn and getting his ass grabbed by Rodman?
>>
The Warriors would have a 10-13 record
>>
>>64118748
>>64118763
>>64120316
Once the Pistons and Knicks put LeBron on his ass 2 or 3 times after drives to the hoop, he'd start settling for 22 foot fadeaways.

Derrick Rose would already be dead. Westbrook probably too. I can't think of any centers that would do well. They are all too undersized and lack those Kevin McHale fundamentals in the post.
>>
Current NBA would get killed their conditioning is nowhere near as good as the 80's most players are skinnyfat now and eat mcdonalds while the 80's players looked like actual men
>>
I think the Cavs, Clippers, Spurs and Grizzlies would be good. I think the Warriors would be competing for a playoff spot and the Cockshits would be a bottom feeder
>>
Would the modern players be allowed to wear all their compression and body armor shit?
>>
File: bol.gallery.7.jpg (290 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
bol.gallery.7.jpg
290 KB, 550x550
>>64127217
>The city of this post

you actually made me take a break from divegrass discussion and talk about basketball on /sp/ for the first time in months
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.