[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How salty and buttblasted is the media that this team is the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 18
File: images.png (3 KB, 154x154) Image search: [Google]
images.png
3 KB, 154x154
How salty and buttblasted is the media that this team is the only undefeated team in the league.

Not the Patriots, Cowboys, Packers, Seahawks, Steelers, or the Broncos.

The fucking Panthers, who finished last year with a sub-500 record. You just know they hate having to give attention to a small market team with such a small fanbase.
>>
>>64105820
not salty because this team. salty because classy negro they can't tear down with rumors and naysay.

if it were the detroit lions, they would be sucking stafford's cock nonstop.
>>
>>64105856
Mate, they have been slurping Cam for a the past few weeks, even saying he should get MVP. They weren't in the beginning, though, but that's because Cam wasn't the reason the team was winning... also because they, like most people, didn't think the Panthers were legit.
>>
ESPN just called them the new Patriots. I think ESPN is on board my nigga.
>>
>>64105820

Cam is pretty marketable so they might not care as much.
>>
>>64105886
ESPN is the biggest bandwagon shill of all time. They hype them up, sure, but you know they hate it because it's not one of the NFL's established franchises with a large number of fans.

Trust me, when they lose, they will run that shit into the ground and everyone will be saying they told you so.
>>
>>64105879
The things Cam has done this year with LiterallyWho receivers is god damned amazing. He deserves MVP as far as I'm concerned.

Brady has been doing amazingly as well, but when edleman, grank and amandola were out, he lost 2 games with his LiterallyWho lineup.

imo that gives Cam the nod.
>>
>>64105820
Zero percent. Everyone loves an underdog.
>>
>>64105979
Seriously Ted "fastest in the NFL that can't catch" Ginn and Old Greg are what we have to work with, Funchess is shaping up to be decent though.
>>
>>64105979
It's like a bane situation, Cam was born into the literallywho situation.
>>
>>64105820
The 2008 Tennessee Titans were 13-3 and ESPN treated them the same way and will treat others the same going forward. If you aren't one of their favored big market franchises they will first write off success, then slowly have one or two anchors hyping the team only to be rebuffed by the rest, fully embrace the hype, and when they lose in the playoffs (a given since the NFL is as scripted as the WWE so Charlotte won't be winning shit) all of them will go back to pointing at their early season remarks about the team being a pretender. ESPN mimics the way casuals think and gives them content which reinforces their views. Carolina is considered a small market so most casuals dont care about them or have an unfavorable opinion because of Cam.
>>
>>64106965
This has been going on with the Seahawks.
Big media bias.
>>
File: 6960.png (15 KB, 80x80) Image search: [Google]
6960.png
15 KB, 80x80
>mfw panthers dont make the owl
>>
>>64107003
At least the Seahawks won an Owl. Meanwhile teams like the Jest, the 4whiners, and the Cowshits will continue to get an undeserving amount of attention due to completely to geography and nostalgia from when they were good enough to have bandwagoners.
>>
>>64107024
I believe that at this stage, both Seattle and Arizona are the top 2 teams in the NFC.

One of them will beat Carolina in the playoffs.

The question is, which one is, currently, better?
>>
>>64107073
Considering Carolina rolled AZ last year and ended Ryan Lindley's career I'd say if Carson Palmer stays healthy they have the better chance.
>>
>>64107073
Seattle looked very VERY good in the Minnesota game.

Bevell's long term plan of turning the team into a willson-centric offense, a plan which has cost the team multiple games (including one super bowl), is finally paying off it seems.

That, or overdependance on Lynch and Grahm was holding the team back.
>>
>>64107073
>undefeated Panthers have beaten xeahawks this season
>I believe at this stahe both Seattle and Arizona are the top 2 teams in NFC

The Panthers are the top team in the NFC. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>64107216
Seattle was in a drought.
They're playing lights out now.

Meanwhile Carolina is struggling to best the Has Been saints.
>>
>>64107216
>xehawks
LOOK GUYS I POSTED IT AGAIN!
>>
>>64105820
You know, the Panthers are listed as a "small-market team", but North and South Carolina together would make the 5th largest state in population. Yeah the city they're in isn't as big as Chicago, New York, or Boston, but the states they claim have huge populations.
>>
>>64105886
That's fucking ridiculous, and I'm a Panthers fan. They're a loooooooooong way off from the repeated success and Super Bowls of the Patriots. Maybe you can claim they're a dynasty if they can manage to win the division for 5-10 more seasons straight.
>>
>>64107242
>division rivals
>in New Orleans

You do realize that regardless of how good a team is, they usually split with their division rivals and the home team usually wins right? Its no surprise that the Panthers had a tough game with them. They will have a tough game at Atlanta too because of that same thing and I won't be surprised if the Panthers lose 1 of those 2 games.

Seattle is also feasting on nobodies and pretenders. Beating a 1 dimensional Vikings team and inconsistent as fuck Pittsburgh (with a Big Ben who has had injuries all season) is not impressive. I am not saying the Panthers resume is any better but they haven't lost yet and have managed to win a variety of ways this season.
>>
>>64106769
Funchess has progressed a lot. If he had been playing the way he has the past 4-5 games all season there would be no doubt that Cam is an MVP candidate.
>>
>>64107299
>You know, the Panthers are listed as a "small-market team"
South Carolina is strictly NASCAR territory, and outside of Charollete and its immidiate suburbs, North Carolina mostly swings that way as well.

Expect the Panthers to gain more support if they win the owl, that's how this league works, but for now they are definitely a small market team.
>>
>>64107258
>this buttmad

lel
>>
>>64106770
For literally you
>>
>>64107404
I'm an [spoiler]oilers[/spoiler] fan m8, I just don't like seeing dumb memes posted long after they've lost their effect.
>>
>>64106769
Ginn has got to go, he has dropped so many passes. I'll be glad that he'll be cut when Kelvin Benjamin returns next season.
>>
>>64107445
You being a trap with a pretty boi pussy had nothing to do with your anger?
>>
>>64107483
I hadn't watched the Panthers this year til the last game and that's what stood out in my mind the most. Ginn is fucking terrible.
>>
>>64107483
Benjamin might be a better deep threat (just because he can reach up over defenders) but Ginn will probably stay. They don't exactly have consistent WRs to replace him and with Cam's arm strength and Ginn's speed Ted is still a somewhat "reliable" deep threat.
>>
>>64107573
Now imagine if Ginn was the #1 on any other team. I think other than the Patriots of any team was starting Ginn as their numero uno they would be last in the league in passing.
>>
>>64107606
Gettleman likes cheap options. Thats why Ted "I can run fast but can't catch at a position that requires me to catch" Ginn Jr. and Jerricho "I can catch but run really slow at a position that requires me to run fast" Cotchery are the 2 Panthers WRs. We could have traded for Megatron or Alshon Jeffery but Gettleman is a cap whore and won't spend any more money unless its on top D players or Cam.
>>
Lots of teams would be undefeated with their schedule. Green Bay is literally the only good team they play all year.
>>
>Cam Newton goes 19-0
>implying the media would be mad
This would be the greatest outcome for the SJW media in sports in ages "NO OTHER QB HAS EVER GONE 19-0, WE'RE LOOKING AT YOU POSTERBOY FOR THE WHITE AMERICAN DREAM TOM BRADY, SO WHY IS IT THAT MOST QBS IN THE NFL ARE WHITE WHEN A BLACK QB IS THE BEST TO HAVE EVER EXISTED? IS THE NFL RACIST? THE ANSWER IS YES. MORE AT 10."
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 804x902) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 804x902
I mean sure, I wish it was my team, but why would I be upset over the panthers doing it?

I can understand other NFC South teams and patriots fans (because they're spoiled faggots who can't possibly bear the thought of another team with a (small, admittedly) shot at making history because they believe they're entitled for every recorded historic feat to be set by them), but I don't know why any other fanbase would be mad
>>
>>64107773
>using superbowls as a metric for QB success
Stop
>>
>>64107686

I'd rather gettleman spend money on the D, defense keeps you competitive. Trying to load up on offense and forgetting the defense turns you into the Chargers
>>
>>64108022
Anon, the fans of the sport know that but all the media sees is a successful black QB getting a record nobody else in the NFL has ever gotten before and how the posterboy of the white American dream in the middleclass managed to fail that in 08.

You know the media will make this a race issue, and if you don't agree you're in denial.
>>
>>64108094
and colts
>>
The fuck you talking about, they love Cam
>>
>>64107686
It'll pay off in the end. I'd rather be super conservative than make retarded monetary decisions that put the team in a hole for years on end...
>>
>>64108094
>>64108365
Believe me Gettleman > Hurney all day every day twice on sunday and Gettleman has been fixing Hurney's stupid decisions since day one (which is why we've sucked the last couple of years) but its still nice to get a big name FA add here and there. Our biggest FA additions since the Gettleman era has begun are Michael Oher and Tedd Ginn Jr. Literally everyone else has been gotten via draft or trade. But if we win thats all that matters. Gibsmedat Owl plssss
>>
File: Toldozer.webm (894 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Toldozer.webm
894 KB, 640x360
>>64105820
Keep Pounding baby
>>
File: mangold456346.jpg (378 KB, 2727x1829) Image search: [Google]
mangold456346.jpg
378 KB, 2727x1829
>>64107070
>jets
kek. espn shows us no love
>>
2bh 1 and done in playoffs
>>
>>64110835
this
unless its fucking rex ryan and buttfumble we could go deep every year and no one would care
>>
File: image.png (50 KB, 537x661) Image search: [Google]
image.png
50 KB, 537x661
>one of the weakest schedules
>wanting attention for going undefeated

K
>>
>>64107398
No, SC is a college football state, partially because of the fact that the Panthers play in Charlotte and they're still salty about it.
>>
>>64107620
Aren't the Panthers like 29th in passing yards?
>>
>>64107003
oh shut the fuck up. they had their moment of glory with the incredible defense and now it's gone.
>>
>>64107159
that game was an aberration because of Palmer being ded. With Palmer it would have been a win, then a loss to Seattle.
>>
>>64105886
ESJW wants to hype scam newton to encourage race mixing
>>
>>64107342
maybe they mean the Patriots team that upset the Rams and started the dynasty.
>>
>>64111261
>the Cardinals are a better team when they have a weaker schedule and have lost 2 games
>>
>>64105886

>This shit comparison

They're the second coming of the '85 Bears. I keep telling people this.

>Run/defense oriented
>QB is a character
>Have a few reliable WRs highlighted by one who sucks but can catch a deep ball when he needs to
>Actually use a fullback unlike most teams in the league now
>Coached by a member of the '85 Bears
>A meme team like the '85 Bears were

The city is also beside themselves about how great they are, but unlike Chicago, Charlotte is a small market and you work there if you're a banker or if you work on race cars.
>>
>>64112112
>repeating 112s
impressive

>>64112182
>They're the second coming of the '85 Bears
yeah no
>>
File: 1416536846939.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1416536846939.jpg
54 KB, 1280x720
>>64108094

Who are the Giants

>tfw I have to go to the Giants/Panthers game on December 20th and come face to face with the fact that Luke Kuechly doesn't play for my team
>>
>>64111606
>he doesn't racemix

I've seen American wh*te girls they're vomit-inducing

Y'all gotta get hormones out of your food
>>
>>64112182
Panthers defense is no where near 85 bears level, hell the defense has more in common with the 09 saints. They give up tons of yards and look soft as fuck at times but somehow manage to force turnovers when they have to. People call Cam a defense baby but he drags that defense to plenty of wins, most the time kicking and screaming as they try and blow lead after lead with that soft as fuck zone.
>>
>>64112280
>
>>
How ass pained will /spuh/ be if cam goes 19-0?
[spoiler]special mention for patriots "fans"[\spoiler]
>>
>>64111368
wtf did they want to put the stadium exactly on the NC SC border?
>>
>>64111261
>counts the games the panthers played against them into strength of schedule
meme stat alert
>>
>>64106769
Ginn is literally the receiver from The Replacements. It seems like he simply can't catch in stride.
>>
>>64111261
>Cardinals have an even weaker SoS and lost 2 games
>CARDINALS ARE TOTALLY BEATING THE PANTHERS GUISE THEY ARE BETTER TOTALLY BETTER
>>
File: Spongebob wtf.jpg (4 KB, 122x125) Image search: [Google]
Spongebob wtf.jpg
4 KB, 122x125
My first time in /sp/ and I can already confirm with confidence that some of you are actually autistic.

Pic related, me reading some of these replies.
>>
>>64114413

If the Panthers play the Cardinals or the Seahawks, you can throw their record out because it always seems like it can go either way whenever those teams play each other.

>It is 8:48 PM and Jake Delhomme has just thrown another interception
>>
>>64107159
Lindley had no career to start with
>>
>>64105909
>they hype them up but you know they hate it
So they're dickriding the team but you're still mad at them
Media likes views. Do you think you're special for realizing that?
>>
>>64105820
>You just know they hate having to give attention to a small market team with such a small fanbase.

Why say this and then include the Packers in the list of teams? The Packers have a smaller market than Carolina.

I think the Panthers are good, and I will respect 12-0, but they've been getting fat on cupcakes all season and haven't played anyone decent other than the Packers, and the Packers aren't that great.

I see these Panthers as a knocked-off-in-the-NFC-Championship kind of team. They don't feel like a team of destiny and I don't think they are as good as their record suggests.
>>
File: 1412981291800.jpg (35 KB, 640x396) Image search: [Google]
1412981291800.jpg
35 KB, 640x396
>implying anyone actually cares about the seahawks franchise

they're still a pretty good team and the networks flexed (aka dumped) this week's game against the ravens to a 10am timeslot

can you imagine them doing that for a 7-5 cowboys team? hell no.
>>
>>64115067
Lindley threw for like 300 yards against the xhehawks 2 weeks prior
>>
File: jintsflag.jpg (3 KB, 104x125) Image search: [Google]
jintsflag.jpg
3 KB, 104x125
Not this week but prepare for next. Niggas bout to get that L desu senpai
>>
File: where those 300 yards at.png (29 KB, 963x336) Image search: [Google]
where those 300 yards at.png
29 KB, 963x336
>>64115228
From Dec 21, 2014
>>
>>64115295
216, close enough
you get the point
>>
>>64115138

Packers are a true national market team m8

their small home in Green Bay and blue collar background make them an everyman favorite
>>
>>64115312
>35-6
>>
>>64114413
Cards are also posting better stats in all their games so there's always that
>>
>>64116015
Even in the games they lost?
>>
>>64116034
Cards offense is better than Panthers and their defense is comparable. Just because Carolina plays in a weaker division doesn't mean they are a better team
>>
>>64116158
Yeah they should play tougher divisional opponents like the rams and 49ers
>>
>>64116200
Seattle and Rams are better than Falcons and Bucs
>>
Nobody cares about your shitty sport you merry cancans. Lick my puke.
>>
>>64107342
They're saying (or asking if) the 2015 Panthers are the start of something big. They may be -- we'll know when we look back in a few years, no way to know before it happens.
>>
>>64107397
And, therefore, there is no doubt that he's a legit candidate. He was winning before Funchess started to improve.

>>64107242
That was an atypical game. If it was a fluke down day, they'll be fine. If they are going into a slump, they'll still be fine because they have some time to get out of it.
>>
>>64107445
>spoilers fan
>>
>>64107686
You have to look back at the abortion of a cap situation they brought Gettleman in t fix, though.
>>
>>64107712
Beaten four teams that would be in the playoffs if they started today. Beaten by nobody.

>>
>>64108111
The media does what the media does --why are YOU making it a race issue, though?
>>
>>64112420
They wanted it in Charlotte. That's close to, but not on, the boarder.

SC totally sucks in so many ways, but we'll share our football team with them if they'll let us keep coming down to buy fireworks.
>>
>>64115260
It's all set, bro, I talked to the guys and if they clench a first week buy as expected this week, we're going to slough one off to you guys just to chap the Cowboys.
>>
>>64116411
Not appreciably.
>>
>>64112420
Charlotte is on the border though
>>
>>64105820
Newton needs to stop yelling like he's in fucking Skid Row. act like you've been there before.
>>
>>64114981
GTFO, normie
>>
File: 20151206_143052.png (988 KB, 1071x1071) Image search: [Google]
20151206_143052.png
988 KB, 1071x1071
I'm actually a huge fan of the Panthers!
Killa cam is a great dancer!
Keep pounding!
>>
>>64115189
Yea but muh Ravens are trash this year, and the NFL likesprime time games to be close and, this late in the season, to have playoff implications on both ends
>>
>>64117884
I would
>>
>>64118747
You might be a pedophile in all honesty.
>>
>>64118747
>why not
Because they're fat. I won't go into the science of why fat girls are gross but... that's gross man. Come on
>>
Why does Bomani Jones act like everyone hates Cam?
>>
>>64105820

Its not because they are elite, its because the NFC is 98% shit

Literally the only other playoff worthy team right now is the Seahawks. Thats it.
>>
File: 18 million dollars.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
18 million dollars.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>the seahawks are good

please stop this meme
>>
>>64119422

Bro I'm a Pats fan and even I'll admit that play was Carroll's fault. He got cocky and didn't expect a guy like Butler to step up and read the offense perfectly.

The Shithawks were this fucking close to winning that game. They're a good damn team.
>>
>>64105886
>e!spn call the panthers the new patriots

welp, time to find a new team
>>
>>64114413
Cardinals lost to the Steelers, a team with a winning record, and the Rams, a trap team.

Meanwhile the Saints put up fucking 30 points on that "elite" defense

Lets not get started on Newton, who's shit in everything but rushing and runs most of his own td's in but is somehow up for MVP just because his team is undefeated against primarily shit teams
>>
>>64105856
Cunt, The Lions went to the fucking playoffs last year with Stafford posting new fucking records and no one muttered a fucking peep.

Ziggy Ansah was a fucking sleeper until recently and he's only getting his due now because he's in the running for most sacks in the league right now
>>
File: images (1).jpg (10 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
10 KB, 201x251
>>64121448
>Stay Salty
>Stay buttblasted
>>
>>64117138
It is the biggest market in the Carolinas.
>>
>>64121448
>Cardinals lost to the Steelers, a team with a winning record, and the Rams, a trap team.
Meanwhile the Panthers haven't lost to anybody, and had a harder schedule
>>
>>64121597
>Harder schedule

lel
>>
>>64121602
combined record of cardinals opponents: 59-85
combined record of panthers opponents: 67-77
>>
>>64121597
>cardinals lost to Steelers who have winning record
They were using their third string QB. Landry Jones.
>>
>>64107398
>>64111368

You guys know nothing of SC, even if you live here. College ball is huge and all but people are most proud of the Baseball team, you know, the one that wins national championships.
>>
Thread is still alive?
Ok.

Panthers will lose in playoffs.
>>
>NFC PLAYOFF SEEDS
1. Carolina
2. Arizona
3. Green Bay
4. New York
5. Seattle
6. Minnesota

Seattle beats New York
Green Bay beats Minnesota

Seattle beats Carolina
Arizona beats Green Bay

Seattle beats Arizona in overtime

Seattle vs New England in Owl 50
>>
>>64125200
Seems legit
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 224x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 224x168
>>64125134
>Stay Mad
>Stay Buttblasted
>>
File: IMG_20151208_202708977.jpg (1 MB, 4320x2432) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151208_202708977.jpg
1 MB, 4320x2432
>>64117061
Preaching fyah muh brotha
>>
>>64125134
>Thread is still alive?
>Ok.
>Panthers will lose in playoffs.

Okay, but at least we actually made it...
>>
Is it just me or does it seem like the Panthers fans are making up all this hate from other fanbases because it somehow validates their team?

Nobody I know cares one way or the other about the Panthers. Yea theyre undefeated, and yea theyre probably punching above their weight. Who cares?
>>
>>64107483
>>64107573
>>64107606

Dropp Ginn

Acquire Megatron

Pay him in blowjobs from white qts
>>
>>64117061
Boy...SC does really suck. Greenville is nice though. Everything else is absolute garbage.

But the same could be said about NC. Charlotte is mediocre, Asheville at least acts as a cultural center for the area of the US no matter how small it may be...

But the rest of NC is LITERALLY a giant trailer park until you get to the islands of the beach where all the timeshares are.
>>
>>64118709
You'd fuck your mother if she asked.
>>
>>64130463

Have you been to Raleigh/Chapel Hill?

Hell, RTP is in Raleigh. Hardly trailer park tier
>>
>>64130514
Ah, yeah. The Research Triangle. You're correct sir. The rest though.

Trailer park.
>>
>>64130551

that and a shit load of Tobacco and Sweet Potato farmers
>>
>>64130257

Yeah, nobody really cares about the Panthers. This has to be the quietest undefeated team I've ever seen, there's been more talk about the Cowboys.
>>
>>64107242
meh its the nfl..good teams can lose to lesser teams all of the time..see the pats against the eagles
>>
Not as salty and buttblasted as Panthers fans will be win they lose to the Gnats and the Failcunts twice. They'll probably lose to the Busc too.
>>
This is kind of dumb. Small market teams becoming good turns those teams into bigger market teams. Look at the Seahawks. Literally half their fanbase didn't watch football 4 years ago.
>>
>>64125200
Seattle loses the next three
>>
>>64130463
I'd say Charleston is p cool, I've took a trip through SC and it was pretty fuckin third world except for Charleston.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (13 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
13 KB, 275x183
>>64140093
>Stay Salty
>Stay Buttblasted
>>
>>64130463
The Triangle and Triad are both really great spots, especially Chapel Hill and Winston Salem.
>>
File: 1444478194895.png (862 KB, 641x762) Image search: [Google]
1444478194895.png
862 KB, 641x762
>>64130257
>Bandwagon up

-Or-

>Stay Salty
>Stay Buttblasted

Really I think other fans don't mind seeing the Panthers do well. They're a fun team to watch. I'm stoked they're undefeated right now. I want to see them win the Owl but even if they don't its been a fun ride and its not over yet.
>>
>>64107398
NC isn't nearly as backwoods as people seem to believe. It has 2 other extremely fast-growing metropolitan areas in Raleigh and Durham, and I can tell you for a fact that people in Raleigh are crazy about the Panthers
>>
>>64125200
On the road playoff Eli is not losing to a declining Seattle and Ruslel Winslow.
>>
>>64140123
>Literally half their fanbase didn't watch football 4 years ago.
Can confirm, didn't start watching again til this year actually. Although I was horribly depressed and wasn't watching any sports
>missed our one, and possibly only, superbowl win in my lifetime
feels terrible
>>
>>64143309
yeah, he is. the giants are not good enough to pull off any miracle Owl runs this year.
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.