[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3632x2583) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3632x2583
Broncos fans lets wake up to reality we need manning to win in the playoffs. Before you freak out I need you all to hear me out. I like Brock and I'm excited for him to start for us but he simply cannot put up enough points. There is going to be a time in the playoffs when a team scores around 30 in the playoffs and our defense will not be able to save us and 1 touchdown from Brock isn't going to be enough. CJ and Anderson will get there points but we need to pray Peyton comes back healthy and shows us what we're accustomed to in the past years with Denver. However I do agree if he starts playing bad they take him out immediately. It all come down to we need a qb with the potential to throw for three of four TDs a game.
>>
>>64077506
>There is going to be a time in the playoffs when a team scores around 30
says who
>>
>>64077506

No, Denver needs a QB who doesn't hurt them.

Sure, they do need a QB who could throw 3-4 TD, but that's not Peyton Manning or any FA at this point. All they can hope is for a game manager, and Brock is doing that job better than Peyton.
>>
I mean If Peyton can look somewhat like his old self with our current defense can you imagine how scary our team would be? It would literally be terrifying.
>>
>However I do agree if he starts playing bad they take him out immediately
At that point, it'd already be too late. Put your best players in to start. Manning is not their best QB.
>>
>>64077506
Where did you copy this post from?
>>
>>64077827
Well I think if he plays well against the Bangles maybe they consider it.
>>
File: 34134141234.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
34134141234.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
>>64077737
>terrifying.
Broncos aren't going to the SB this year, face it. With or without peyton.
>>
>>64077920
The Broncos had a very bad game and the Seahawks had a very good game. The whole team lost that it wasn't just Peyton's fault. That game could have gone in the complete opposite direction but the Seahawks had a lot of momentum and they played really well.
>>
>>64078056
At least you believe.
>>
>>64077897
I just typed it.
>>
>>64078101
Didn't they play earlier that year and it was a really close game?
>>
Peyton sucks
OP is fag
>>
>>64078137
They played in the preseason and the Seahawks won 40-10, so you're right it was a bit closer.
>>
I don't know where all this hate from Peyton comes from we have literally dominated the AFC west with him and have become a feared respected team in the NFL. Before all that we were just a Circus freak show like the Dallas Cowboys with Tim Tebow and Cutler.
It makes me sad to see Denver fans turn on him so Bad after a bad season. He got is to a Super Bowl you know how many teams would kill for just the chance to guaranteed be in the playoffs every year? And we sit here and bitch that he doesn't win the Owl every year. You realize how hard it is to make it to the Owl and win? All I'm saying is if he plays good in the last two games of the season we give the guy a chance.
>>
>>64078667
Except he isn't just bad this year. He's literally the worst QB in the league this year. When Manning is under center, the Broncos would do better to run it every time, rather than risk another interception.
>>
>>64078831
I realize that that's why I'm saying let him play against the Bangles that's a good test. If he plays on a similar lv to Brock or worse just play Brock but if he throws 4-5 TDs give him a chance.
>>
> need manning in the playoffs
> not realize has shittiest playoff record ever
> not realize he is a one and done meme

As a Broncos fan, fuck off OP. Manning has been holding us back since he came here. GOATweiler is the one QB we have been waiting for.
>>
It's like the fans forgot he would on average out op 28-42 points a game with some 50+ point games sprinkled in there. Do you realize how scary that was for teams playing Denver?
>>
>>64079041
It's a team game every loss in the playoffs is a team loss you have never played a sport I'm assuming.
>>
The only losses of put on just Peyton himself is a couple from this year and that's because he's hurt and not himself. Maybe he'll come back healthy or maybe not I'm just saying let's find out.
>>
>>64079095
That's because they play against the fodder known as the AFC. Plus it's hard to be scared of them after 43-8.
>>
I have a feeling we are going to regret playing Brock without even testing manning. A lot of things had to happen for us to win that game against the Pats I hope you know that. It was truly a Christmas miracle we won that game. I don't know if we can all out just trust this guy in the playoffs. His biggest test will be against the steelers. If he plays like ho did against the Chargers we are one and done in the playoffs.
>>
>>64079190
Go looks at Denvers Schedual the last couple years and be amazed by the elite teams they have blown out on a consistent basis
>>
im not saying Brock can't do it I'm just saying we need to realize if he can't start playing better we are literally going to lose the first game of the playoffs. It all comes down to how well he plays against Pittsburgh and how well Manning plays against Cincinnati. Let's see how they do before he all hop onto the Brock train that could possibly be heading towards a huge cliff.
>>
File: image.jpg (255 KB, 1365x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
255 KB, 1365x1024
And it's not like we did anything amazing by beating the Pays these guys were able to do it and they are the scum of the nfl. Maybe Gronk could have won the game for them but that's like loosing to a goblin and it just shows how weak the Broncos look right now.
>>
>>64079882
Pats"
>>
all these >real talk broncos insecurities are hilarious
>>
>>64079987
As a Broncos fan I'm trying to wake all these fans up to the truth. We aren't as good as they think we are and our
Problems on offense are enormous to say the least. I see it everywhere and it seems like I'm the only one who actually can see it.
>>
Even if they put in Manning they will most likely resign Osweiler right?
>>
>>64077506
I was already awake to this, but if we don't play Brock we put too many floating ducks into play. Manning can't whip the ball any more. We have to hope for the best.
>>
>>64080069
Of course he has potential to be a great QB
>>
Osweiler beat the Chargers so I'm pleased with hos performance.
>>
>>64080107
He had one touchdown against the 3-9 chargers with the one of the worst defenses in the league the defense gave him the ball plenty of times also.
>>
>>64080155
Dont give me that worst in the league bullshit. It's like they really want to win our games. How did Rivers do?

All I care is he beat em. And could have beat em worse. Fuck the Chargers
>>
>>64080155
That's horrific considering you have guys like DT and Sanders. Teams would kill for a pair WRs like that. And on top of that you have Vernon Davis.
>>
>>64080176
A healthy Peyton Manning would have blown them the hell out 56-3 with that defense.
>>
>>64080043
No. I'm a patriots fan, and we have the same problems. You just have to shitpost the pain away.
>>
>>64080196
No theyre tough look at that int in the end zone.
>>
>>64080256
I think I guys will do fine you guys should get healthy enough to do good in the playoffs. I don't know why some Pats fans feel the need to panic. That being aid if watch out for the Pittsburge.
>>
>>64080256
I think I guys will do fine you guys should get healthy enough to do good in the playoffs. I don't know why some Pats fans feel the need to panic. That being aid "I'd" watch out for the Pittsburge.>>64080288
>>
>>64080294
This spellcheck shit is killing me.
>>
>>64080294
You guys"
>>
>>64078430
They played the following season and it was 26-20 in OT.
>>
File: 1449449117645.png (633 KB, 596x543) Image search: [Google]
1449449117645.png
633 KB, 596x543
>>
>>64079117
This is a meme.

As someone who played college ball, this is a meme.

You win and lose together, but it is on the shoulders of key players and specific times.

The whole Broncos team was outclassed, yes, but Manning has had really fantastic matchups on paper and completely shit the bed in the postseason .

Last year against the Colts for example

And 2012 against the Ravens.

He had several back with his days playing with the colts.

>2002 against the Jets, he got outscored 41-0 by Chad Pennington

He tossed two picks and had a 48.9% completion percentage. The same Jets team he drubbed out in Week 1 of the previous year in a 45-24 shutdown. A much better Jets team that year.

>Tom Brady holds the NFL record for most playoff wins by a quarterback with 21 and the record for most playoff games started (29). Peyton Manning holds the record for most playoff losses with 13.

The year Manning won his owl, he had a 3/7 TD/INT Ratio, had a below 60% completion percentage, and one of the best defenses in the league.

He was literally the fucking archetype for Andy Dalton.

When it's time for January football, Manning packs it in, historically this is a fact, not an argument of opinion or speculation, there is no team impact on whether or not he has a bad game.
>>
>>64081210
I don't know why anyone argues against this. Over the course of a 12, 15, 18 year career you start to be able to look at real trends for QBs even though there are only 16 regular season games each year. Manning has never played his best in the post-season. It's no coincidence that the post-season includes, on average, considerably better football than the regular season. It's where the best of the best go head to head, every game is win or go home.
>>
>>64081210
Let's say Brock throws one touchdown against the Raiders and the defense scores two and they win that game and the next week after that he throws two touchdowns and one pick six against Pittsburgh and loses by fourteen points or more The next week against Cincinnati Peyton comes back and looks like his old self throws four TDs and no picks. At that point what do you do?
>>
>>64081523
This doesn't change anything about chickenparm being shit in the playoffs.

Why are you playing Devil's Advocate for a scenario that won't happen anyway?

This is assuming three things.

>Peyton is starting again regardless of Brock's play
>Peyton Manning isn't physically done and he can still play
>The Shittsburgh Secondary can do something other than get fucked up the ass

Either way, Kubiak want's his offense run, Elway put too much money, regardless of Peyton's cap number into "Win Now" mode after the first Super Bowl loss.

This team is at the best they're going to ever be right now, striking while the iron is hot their utmost priority. Osweiler has opened up the running game, they traded for a TE that can be used in their rollout game like Shannon Sharpe was.

Peyton threw atleast one interception in every game this season. There was no foot injury, there was no rib issues causing his poor play. He went into a shell and started doing this shit at the end of last year. How many more injury excuses can they conjure up to make his feelings not get hurt

>"Oh he has the flu" - Week 13 2014
>"Oh he he hurt his leg" - Playoffs 2014
>"Oh his ribs are bruised" - Week 4 2015
>"Oh his plantar fascia tore" - Week 8 2015

Considering the fact a shit load of players have played through plantar fascia and been super productive in the years they did (MJD in 2010, Jimmy Graham in 2014 come to mind), it should be a non-issue for Peyton.

He's done, and whether or not he wants to admit that will determine how he's viewed by the public and the media for the next decade before his undoubted HOF induction.
>>
>>64081613
I know but bedrock don't look promising either the defense was winning games with Peyton throwing three interceptions a game and Brock is playing so conservative he's Bearly doing any better score wise than Peyton. What I really want to happen is for Denver to pick up Phillip Rivers Next season he's a great Qb on a shitty team that is probably going to relocate. I've always though he had the potential to be a great QB and would thrive in Denver. Pluss I really want him to win an owl for some reason.
>>
>>64081629
Osweiler" not bedrock wtf?
>>
>>64081629
Phillip Rivers will not go play for Denver, first of all, secondly, Osweiler is playing within the confines of the offense.

Kubiak's offense is built around ball control and bleeding the clock and doing that efficiently is what he's supposed to be doing.

This fucking autistic Madden generation has completely ruined the sport. Fantasy Football and Madden are literally cancer's on the NFL.

>If it's not high scoring, the team is shit.

The team has no reason to continuously put up points. Once you have a lead, you take away the other team's ability to win by killing the clock. You do that by running the ball. Osweiler has looked fine, he's playing within the offense, within his skill set, and getting used to the speed of the NFL Game. He had to make big time throws in the Patriots game, and he made them, Demaryius was the one not catching them.
>>
I mean Phillip Rivers puts up the points he threw for over 500+ yards and still lost against Green Bay how the fuck does that happen? He does this with an average at best receiving core nobody is scared of San Diegos receiving core they can nearly get open most of the time but he still manages to make plays somehow and it's not just this year every year he puts up the yards and the points its the cursed Organization. I'm 110% positive with Rivers as our qb instead of skimming a literal Christmas miracle win over the Injured pats we would have sliced them up like a hot knife through butter and Denver would be undeafeated right now.
>>
>>64081710
Hey dipshit the whole problem is you need to score more than 28 points in the playoffs and I highly doubt Brock is going to be capable of that this year in fact any QB who isn't handicapped can do what Brock is doing right now.
>>
>>64077506

chicken parm you taste so good
>>
>>64081753
This statement proves you know literally fucking nothing about the game of football.

Go back to play Madden you fucking dumbass.

With a defense like Denver's you literally have no reason to put up 28 points. You get ahead by two fucking scores and then play keep away.
>>
>>64078667
Is English your second language? I'm asking because you talk like a retard
>>
>>64081710
What makes you think Rivers won't play for Denver it wouldn't be the first time he's changee teams and he's don't have a strong sense of loyalty to the Chargers. This is Brock's last year in his contract if he stinks it up we might be in need of a QB and I think Elway would offer him enough money do it.
>>
>>64081805
>Won't be the first time River's changed teams
>No strong sense of loyalty to the Chargers

Wow how was your first year watching the NFL?

Literally fucking retarded.
>>
>>64081802
Naa spellcheck is fucking me over and I'm working so I also have no time to proofread what I'm typing.
>>
>>64081817
Giants
>>
>>64081828
>He thinks he played for the Giants
>Was traded to the Chargers on draft day

You are literally fucking bandwagon cancer. Stop posting.
>>
>>64081828
rivers never played for the giants you dumbass

archie manning black balled chargers into trading because eli didn't want to play for the chargers

this is literally your first year watching the nfl?
>>
>>64081832
I was told he did it's not like I checked or anything as I'm not a Chargers or Giants fan he'd still be better off with Denver.
>>
>>64081844
Stop posting.

You are bandwagon scum.
>>
File: 1926412058712.jpg (19 KB, 320x292) Image search: [Google]
1926412058712.jpg
19 KB, 320x292
>>64081828
>Rivers
>Playing for the Giants
>>
Are you going to sit here and tell me if Elway offered him a sizable raise coupled with the fact that their changing location he wouldn't do it?
>>
File: 156489.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
156489.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>64081828
>>
I mean it would be one thing if he thought he had any hope of winning an owl with San Deigo but at this point it's never going to happen.
>>
>>64081853
I've been a Denver fan since grade school and during the Tebow and Cutler days so I'm not "bandwagon scum" I heard Rivers was traded from the Giants to the Chargers and just assumed he'd played there simple mistake. It if you think he wouldn't be better off in Denver you're the retarded one.
>>
>>64081710
Kubiak has no business being a coach in the NFL the only reason he is coaching Denver is cause he is friends with Elway.
>>
It doesn't matter you'll all see when we most likely get blown out by Pittsburgh that the so called next Tom Brady is just an average qb at this point in his career and for all we know he will probably never get any better.
>>
>>64077506
Manning has a losing record in playoff games. He is one of the last people you would want to rely on in a vital game.
>>
>>64082137
I already explained I'm at work so I type this shit out on a tiny phone in a hurry coupled with spellcheck changing words on me. that's why the spelling is off. And I'll admit the Eli thing was my bad I just assumed he was a Backup or some shit. Other than that all my points have been valid.
>>
>>64078056
No most of that was Peyton's fault
>>
>>64082227
No they got destroyed in every phase of the game. There was no qb that could have saved them on that day.
>>
>>64077506
>we need manning to win in the playoffs
maybe eli. fuck, even archie. peyton is done, healthy or not. you'd be literally better off snapping the ball directly to your RB than giving it to peyton.
>>
>>64082246
I said we give him a chance let him play at Cincinatti and let Brock play at Pittsburgh if Peyton plays on a similar lv to Brock just play the young guy but if he tears it up let him in the playoffs but on a short leash. Why is that so hard to comprehend?
>>
>>64082274
you should know by now that peyton tearing it up in the reg season would mean literally nothing for the playoffs. still the best option is to let brock play more.
>>
>>64082337
Well then how in the hell did he make it to the owl?
>>
>>64082347
Most qb don't even have one ring or have been to the owl my point being its really fucking hard to win I'd rather have a qb that can at least get me there with a chance of winning than not even make the playoffs and that's the beauty of it if Peyton can play like his old self and frown 3-4 TDs a game and keep the picks to a minimum this Defense will win is an owl but if Denver is only putting up 17 points a game with Brock I doubt that can happen.
>>
>>64082347
by barely throwing more tds than ints? peyton isnt the answer to your 'we need a qb who can pull 3-4 tds out of his ass per game in the playoffs' conundrum. even when he was healthy as a fucking horse he wasnt throwing those kind of numbers. hell if brock can do 1 td per game, maybe even one 2 td game he'll be very near peyton production.
>>
>>64082444
Your nout understanding what I'm saying if Peyton comes back the way he was before don't play him but if he looks good and is tearing it up then play him and it 30 points was nothing for Peyton in his last couple of years with Denver what are you on?
>>
>>64082524
Holy Christ I'm about to break this phone.
>>
>>64082524
i get what youre trying to say. you wanna give peyton a shot to see if he can still go. my problems with this are:
>the afc is still pretty tight at the top and the broncos risking a game just to test peyton could cost them home advantage in the playoffs. and judging by his play in the past 2 years, him tearing it up against cinci is extremely unlikely as they have a great d and peyton wont be anywhere near his best.
>peyton in the reg season >>>>>>>> peyton in the playoffs. peyton never threw more than 3 tds in a playoff game for denver. however well he'd do in your test game it would be irrelevant for his playoff potential.

>30 points was nothing for Peyton in his last couple of years with Denver
maybe in the reg season. in the playoffs i dont think they managed to put up 30 more than once(iirc they only did it against baltimore and they lost), not even when they had the best offense of all time. and even then it wasnt just peyton scoring.

tl;dr. even giving peyton a chance is too much of a risk for too little potential reward.
>>
Archie > Eli >>>> Peyton >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cooper
>>
File: mommy.jpg (64 KB, 720x708) Image search: [Google]
mommy.jpg
64 KB, 720x708
>>
>>64082796
Has Peyton ever lost a football game to Eli?
>>
>>64083024
Owls are more of a team achievement but if you wanna compare two individuals you use wins against each other or stats I wonder who puts up better stats or has won the most games they have played against each other?
>>
>>64082796
Also the the 2007 owl is know as the one of the biggest flukes in history.
>>
Some of you are fucking retarded

Peyton is NEVER going to be what he once was. He's a broken down old man who has no feeling in his fingertips and throws passes that float like beachballs

He is garbage. If you want to win, you do not let him on the field
>>
Even when Peyton was breaking records 43-8 happened

I don't want him in the playoffs
>>
I'm going to laugh when Brock losses to Pittsburgh and Peyton tears it up against the bengals and leads this team towards an owl and Denver ends up picking up Phillip Rivers next year and let's Brock go with no more contract left. Can somebody pls screenshot this and post it when it happens?
>>
>>64083397
As a Bronco fan having this happen wouldn't be a bad thing. An Owl win is an Owl win.

But just look at Peyton's playoff record with Denver. When he made it to the Owl he got Btfo

And that's when he was peaking. He's not winning another Owl
>>
>>64077506
>Peyton
>winning crucial playoff game

Pick one.
>>
>>64083501
You're right Peyton has never won a crucial playoff game because he has never ever made it to the super bowl.
>>
If Peyton went to SF with Harbaugh would he have won an owl?
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 630x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 630x480
>>64083501
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=alWDzgyRwJA
>>
>>64077506
>Manning
>Winning in the playoffs

Pick one
>>
>we need manning to win in the playoffs
Stopped reading, started laughing.
>>
As a broncos fan we need to get tim tebow for the playoff just in case we have to face the steelers.
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.