[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>NBA is comprised of 6 divisions, each one of which is comprised
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: jej.jpg (12 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
jej.jpg
12 KB, 480x272
>NBA is comprised of 6 divisions, each one of which is comprised of 5 teams - or 30 teams in all
>In one of these divisions, 4 of the teams are in the same state
>In another (second) of these divisions, 3 of the teams are in the same (second) state
>In another 2 divisions, there are respectively 2 teams in each division in the same (third and fourth) states
>4+3+2+2 = 11, 11/30 > 1/3
>Over one third of NBA teams are based in four of the Union's fifty states
>Meanwhile, by my quick count, 29 of the 50 states do not have an NBA team

Rename this league to the UBA: Urban Basketball Association.
>>
>>64070781
It's not like it's different in the other main leagues. The only exception I can see is Green Bay.

You want a pro sport set-up that doesn't rely on big markets only? Then introduce a pyramidal relegation/promotion system. Of cours it would be problematic for the players and the broadcasters, as lesser markets means lesser revenues, and in the end lesser salaries.
>>
Which Major League is closest to having every state represented? MLB?
>>
It's a fucking business, what do you expect? Want to build a stadium in the middle of Montana and hope to seat thousands of individuals for professional sports? Try it yourself.

Urbanization is the way of the future, don't be mad that you were born in some shit rural area and aren't properly represented.
>>
File: breaking.jpg (36 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
breaking.jpg
36 KB, 300x300
>>64070781
>major cities have sports teams
I dislike the NBA as much as the next guy but the hell are you on about?
>>
>>64071368
Why do people act like relegation is a good thing? Every euro soccer league has like 3 good teams then a massive drop off before all the other teams who fight every year to stay in the top division and lose to the same 3 teams who are also good. No high profile player wants to play for a team that could potentially be relegated. American leagues have a lot more parity
>>
>>64071978
>22-0
>lot of parity
>>
>>64072007
Basketball doesn't have parity. MLB and NFL does to a degree.

Basketball is a totally player sport where one great player can change everything.
>>
>>64071978
I didn't say anywhere it would be better, or a good thing, or whatever. Both systems have their own shortcomings. Plus it's impossible to compare both, as the variations in demographics in Yurop and Murrika are way too important.
>>
>>64072049
MLB doesn't have parity. There's no salary cap, and the Yankees won 50% of the titles in MLB history.
>>
>>64072727
>MLB doesn't have parity
>Royals just won the world series
>Every team in the AL East won the division in the last 5 years
Stop.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.