[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alves and Lahm are probably the best fullbacks of their generation,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: 452119992.0.jpg (353 KB, 2400x1600) Image search: [Google]
452119992.0.jpg
353 KB, 2400x1600
Alves and Lahm are probably the best fullbacks of their generation, but where does /sp/ rank them in the all-time GOAT rankings? Do they deserve a place among the Maldinis and Cafus?

Also who was/is better: Alves or Lahm? Which one would you rather have in your team?
>>
>>64068027
Fuck you fucking german. Shove your bait into your ass
>>
>>64068067
shove your white flag up your ass le pen
>>
Dani Alves is literally the best full back of all time.
>>
Lahm is the only defender from his generation that deserves a spot among the goats. This is not debatable btw
>>
Lahm is the better defender and Dani Alves the better attacker
>>
Lahm belongs in the conversation with cafu and the greats. Not sure about alves.
>>
>>64068189
Fuck you fucking nazi. Just go breath the german air full of toxic gas from volkswagen engines.
>>
prime Alves > prime Lahm

Lahm is still a greater asset for his team because of his versatility
>>
Alves is the GOAT attacking RB his pace and tackling ability is also top tier

There's no way he's not in the conversation with the all time greats

>inb4 muh world cup meme
>>
File: 1448871878172.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1448871878172.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>>64068356
>frenchie banter
>>
Ashley Cole is the best fullback ever tbqh
>>
>>64068356
Oi oi napoleon calm down
>>
Alves is a Messi babby

Couldn't even get in the NT above Maicon lmao
>>
>>64068664
that's because Scolari is dumb.

but yeah Alves' best asset is his chemistry with Messi.
>>
>>64068027
Lahm is GOAT and he seems like a genuinely nice lad. Didn't someone say he was the most intelligent player they ever played with
>>
Zanetti is better than all these clowns
>>
Sergi Roberto is better than both of them and can actually play the midfield unlike Lahm.
>>
>>64068664
Maicon was much better than Alves from 2008-2011.

>>64068775
True. Pity nobody realises he was literally the most secure fullback of the last 20 years.
>>
>>64068775
>>64068979
feel bad for Zanetti during his international games all his coaches were dumb as fuck just how Argentina still can't find a decent coach today

Lahm pretty great and based just can't tackle for shit lol great tactical positioning helps him out on defense

Alves is just another Roberto Carlos, so can we call a right midfielder a true right back? remember Barca plays with a high 3 man line while very one pushes up, Alves covers so much space

at least Zanetti could track back. I still think Alves cost Barca a league title when Atletico won it.

any thoughts on Zanetti or Lahm playing midfield? Loved the Zanetti Cambiasso the rare time Mou did pair them up. Zanetti was usually playing left back.

underrated is Piszczek he had a solid all-round game to him
>>
I will never forgive Maradona for leaving Zanetti out of the world cup squad. Such disrespect for an all time great. Not to mention that Zanetti was good enough to still be in the starting XI. He was Inter captain that had just won the treble.
>>
>>64068528
>le tuck in and never meet an attacker one-on-one man
>>
Tassotti Costacurta Baresi Maldini is the best defensive line the game has ever seen.

If we go individually,
?-Nesta-Baresi-Maldini
RB is the only spot up for debate. Thuram, Cafu, Lahm, Alves, Zanetti or whatever floats your boat.
>>
imo, they're both good but none is goat level.
>>
>>64068741
guardiola said that, which makes it a bit more special given the talent he's had at barca
>>
Alves is fucking awful, what the fuck are you guys talking about.

Every body knows its Cafu > Lahm > Alan Hutton
>>
File: CU6bUVqXIAARFPk.png (475 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
CU6bUVqXIAARFPk.png
475 KB, 960x960
>>64071033
I'm pretty sure he is not "fucking awful", in fact he is indeed one of the best RBs ever. He's been starting for Barcelona for years and has been pocketing Cristiano Ronaldo and other players since forever too.
I also doubt you can find a fullback with this offensive contribution.
>>
ITT: a bunch of faggots too young to remember Roberto Carlos
>>
>>64071193
lmao go back to PES 6
>>
File: Lahm.jpg (91 KB, 594x396) Image search: [Google]
Lahm.jpg
91 KB, 594x396
>Lahm is the reason why Germany didn't win the Euro 2008

Dani Alves and Sergio Ramos are the real goats
>>
>>64071217
>this flag
>any topic
>>
As if anyone from /sp/ is old enough to compare players from past generations.
>>
>>64071386
>fatman
>>
File: 1404743142276.jpg (125 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1404743142276.jpg
125 KB, 800x533
>>64071386
>>
>>64071326

>Ramos

topkek mon ami
>>
>>64071181

If I kept passing to messi at every opertunity I would have similar numbers. Do you actually watch football? His final ball is fucking deplorable.
>>
>>64071861
>do you actually watch football?
I'm going to have redirect this question back to you lad because he's been playing out of his fucking mind lately. I forget which game it was in fcbs last three games but he was their only attacking player capable of giving an effective final ball resulting in two assists in a 2-0 game. But really he's always been great.
>>
Zanetti is goat. Alves is shit
Lahm is literally who material
>>
>>64068775
Zanetti and Cafu, yes. OP is right about this generation, though.
>>
>>64071588
if Ramos remained an RB he'd be fucking monstrous nowadays, and he wouldn't be sacrificing the teams defense when he goes forward
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.