[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NASCAR/Turnleft Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
How do I get into turnleft /sp/?

Is there like a season or playoffs or something? When does it even start?
>>
>>64066192
The Warriors will play tonight?
>>
>>64066192

Starts in February and ends in November.

Yes. The playoffs go from September to the end of the season.
>>
A good way to get into it is to play good turnleft vidya.
I started to like NASCAR after getting into iRacing.
>>
>>64066192

I always hear nascar fans say that the best way to get into it is to go to a race and experience it live.
>>
>>64066741
how i got into f1 2bh
>>
Sadly you are attempting to get into a sport at a time when it has never sucked more. There is a rinky-dink championship system. The cars are underpowered and have far too much downforce. And most of the drivers are whiny bitches.

Next year it may improve with the reduced downforce rules, but I won't blame you OP if you think it sucks.
>>
>>64066773
The cars are loud as absolute fuck.
It's definitely an unique experience, I'd recommend anyone who's within driving distance of a track and curious about NASCAR to get some buddies and go.
Plus you can bring in your own coolers of beer for free, getting drunk and listening to v8 engines is the purest way to experience American Freedom.
>>
>>64066192
It ended two weeks ago, ya blew it.

>Also start by following lesser drivers and supporting series to find drivers to root for, because most of the winning drivers in the Cup series have zero likability
>>
File: 1428265301040.jpg (17 KB, 268x284) Image search: [Google]
1428265301040.jpg
17 KB, 268x284
>mfw Kylel will NEVER EVER have a ring that isn't tainted
>>
File: BoM73hdCQAAuKUO.jpg (57 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
BoM73hdCQAAuKUO.jpg
57 KB, 600x800
>>64070542
this desu, of all the big name drivers now

>Kevin Harvick - two faced
>Jimmie Johnson - pretty dull
>Denny Hamlin - beta male whiner
>Carl Edwards - fake as hell, ultimate shill
>Kyle Busch - joyless, turd in general
>Martin Truex - good
>Kasey Kahne - useless
>Joey Logano - entitled asshat
>Erik Jones - entitled fuccboi
>Matt Kenseth - good
>Kurt Busch - good, possibly
>Dale Jr - good
>Ryan Newman - complainer
>Clint Bowyer - good
>Greg Biffle - chump
>Brad Keselowski - unable to handle banter
>Danica Patrick - talentless weapon
>Austin Dillon - silver spoon
>Chase Elliott - silver spoon
>Ryan Blaney - good
>>
>>64066192
Be born in North Carolina
>>
>>64070714
Carl Edwards is enjoyable because he's unapologetically a shill.
NASCAR is basically "Shill: The Series" so why not root for a driver who embodies that.
>>
>>64071814
>Carl Edwards is enjoyable
wew lad
>>
>>64066192
All four of the major series start at Daytona in February. Good chance to get up to speed if you watch at least parts of those races and learn the drivers.
>>
>>64066192
So do people actually watch the full race at home or just fast forward to the crashes?
>>
>>64070714

i agree with most of this but if johnson is dull, then kenseth is whatever dull x 100000 is
>>
>>64075858
He's more of a smartass, and he had the balls to end Logano's season.
>>
>>64070714
Pretty good summary, but I hope Chase proves he's more than a sliver spoon. I'd like to see the #24 dominate again one day.
>>
>>64066192

1. Play vidya and win

When you feel the rush of finishing 1st and wanting to keep winning you'll understand why people love racing

2. Go watch racing live if you can

Seeing and experiencing speed in person is unreal

3. Watch with other race fans who can fill you in and help you along

4. Find a driver who you like and want to cheer for
>>
>No more Gordon

I'm done with Nascar desu. Too much change. He was the only reason I still watched.
>>
File: CVaLbl7W4AApLab.jpg large.jpg (114 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
CVaLbl7W4AApLab.jpg large.jpg
114 KB, 1024x681
>>64070714

>Jimmie Johnson - pretty dull

pls no bully
>>
Stock car racing it the shit, especially Sprint Cup. The haters don't understand that these mother fuckers drive constantly at full throttle upwards of 200 mph for four hours in an enclosed arena. You have to have balls of fucking steel to drive that fast inches away from a wall with 42 other drivers who all want the same thing as you.
>>
>>64066741
same. never watched nascar before iracing.
>>
File: Hands on forehead.png (309 KB, 399x404) Image search: [Google]
Hands on forehead.png
309 KB, 399x404
>>64081084
That's great.
>>
>>64069658
You need a BBC in your pooper to fully experience it though senpaitachi
>>
>>64076206
>>64075858
>>64070714

Have some interesting personalities coming up the pipeline in the next few years (yes I know some of these are already in, but I consider them "next generation")

>Kyle Larson
Wicked good on the wheel, especially with an ill-handling or broken car. Really fond of running crazy lines way up near the wall and still managing to be quick with them. Dull behind the microphone but he also hasnt been in the series long

>Bubba Wallace
Good driver, consistent behind the wheel. Assertive without being a dick, not afraid to get into a scrap if someone else wants to fight (see: K&N Series at Bowman Gray)

>Spencer Gallagher
/sp/'s favorite driver. Literally the physical manifestation of 4chan in driver form. Quick enough to win sometimes. Funny as fuck.

>Rico Abreu
Literally a midget. WICKED fast in anything he sits in. Came from sprint cars and midgets like Larson. Nice guy.

>John Wes Townley
Be on the lookout in case he manages to beg his way into a Sprint Cup start. Nickname is "John Wrecks Weekly" for a reason. Hilarious to watch because he's such a spectacularly shitty driver.

>Daniel Suarez
Mexican. Rednecks cry when he does well, so he's worth watching. Not afraid to fight. Hasnt won much yet but he just capped Rookie of the Year in Xfinity this year.

>Johanna Long
Female. Imagine if Danicles was actually GOOD and didnt flash her ass on magazines. Doesnt get a whole lot of opportunities, but when she does she does very well in shitty equipment.

>Dillon brothers
Obnoxious spoiled little shits like the Busch brothers, except southern so they're infinitely more annoying. Still FAST. "Love to hate" kind of drivers. The guys to root for if you feel like baiting the thread.

>Chase Elliot
Daddy's money but humble about it, and damn quick of his own merit.

>Austin Wayne Self
Annoying fuccboi but pretty quick. Daddy's money

>Erik Jones
See: Austin Wayne Self

>Ryan Blaney
Quick. Likeable.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.