[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zimmer's Brilliance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 14
File: Zimmer.jpg (26 KB, 620x414) Image search: [Google]
Zimmer.jpg
26 KB, 620x414
I'm about to blow your minds.

You see this guy here? He's a fucking genius, and he's playing the long con on the whole fucking league.

Mike Zimmer has been orchestrating everything to give the Vikings the best shot possible at making it in the playoffs. Follow me on this one...
>>
Game 1: The "Embarrassment"

After the draft and preseason games, a lot of sports experts were claiming the Vikings to be their "dark horse" pick for the playoffs this year. This quickly became a problem for Zimmer for two reasons: 1) he didn't want his guys to get full of themselves and slack off, and 2) he didn't want a huge target on his team so early in the season.

So in response, he allowed his team to fail in the first game - which was nationally televised. AP was held back, the defense played sloppy, and the team looked like shit in front of the whole league.

Exactly as planned.
>>
Games 2 - 10: The Process

With the eyes of the league officially off the Vikings and onto brighter pastures with the Panthers, Packers, Pats and Broncos, Zimmer could play the kind of football he wanted. The team was playing lights-out at this point because he needed to make sure his guys made it to the playoffs. The only snag came when the Broncos took a last-second win, which forced him to adjust things later on down the line.

Eventually, Zimmer started noticing patterns in the NFC - specifically with the East. It was time to act.
>>
File: ows_139917011052224.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1386) Image search: [Google]
ows_139917011052224.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1386
Game 11: The Packer Problem

The Vikings' were feeling like kings by Game 11, and were finally sitting on top of the NFC North. Playing hard football was working for them. However, Zimmer was not happy.

Not only were his guys getting full of themselves again, but the Vikings were too noticeable. Mike knew that the big guys - the Cards, Seahawks, even the lowly Packers - were going to be prepping hard for him.

Things needed to change quick. Once again, AP is pulled back and limited, and Zimmer lets the defense play on their own. The Packers pull off a "stunner" to knock the Vikings down a peg. Now suddenly everyone is asking, "Can the Vikings beat a good team, or are they just pretenders?"

Playing right into Zimmer's hands...
>>
Game 12: Keepin' it Close

Here's where things get crazy

Vikings take the win in Atlanta to move ahead of the Packers. This will force them to keep playing hard to try and scrape out a division win.

Zimmer needs the Packers to continue playing hard for that division title. At this point, he doesn't care. The Vikings are essentially 2 wins away from the playoffs, and they really have no way of taking the 1st or 2nd place spot away from the Panthers/Cards. He could push his boys to try and win the division, but why? For a wild card round at home?

No - Zimmer wants to take on the East. And the way to the East is through the 5th seed, not the division. Division winner will take on the 6th seed, which will most likely be an above .500 team like the Seahawks. Meanwhile, the 5th seed takes on what will likely be a .500 or sub-.500 team from the East.

So a win keeps the Pack competitive, and also moves the Vikes closer to that 5th seed.
>>
Game 13: Make Them Think You're Weak

Now we get to this last week. Zimmer is getting into playoff mode already, so he plans for a loss. He sits his major defensive players to rest them and he holds AP back purposely to ensure the loss.

Vikings are embarrassed yet again, and the league thinks they don't have what it takes anymore. Are they finished?

Not yet.
>>
File: Vikings-Football-3-1.jpg (44 KB, 876x493) Image search: [Google]
Vikings-Football-3-1.jpg
44 KB, 876x493
Games 14 - 17: The Plan Moving Forward

Cardinals will win in commanding fashion, with AP limited again, and the defense resting again. Another national embarrassment? Why not!

Chicago will be the next Viking victory. That will ensure a playoff spot, and keep the Packers on their toes.

New York will be interesting. If the Vikings need to the win to stick with that 5th seed spot, then Zimmer will play a full game. If they have it locked up, then no need to waste resources.

The Vikings will end the season by losing in Green Bay. They will rest everyone and it will be a game that is meaningless - for the Vikings. In a perfect world, the Packers will be scrambling to try to somehow steal the 2nd round from the Cardinals and will play 4 full quarters.

Wildcard Round:
With the 5th seed, the Vikings will be playing either at Washington or New York depending on the way the dominoes fall. The Vikings can ease their way into the Divisional round, while the Packers will most likely be scrambling to try and beat the Seahawks at Lambeau.

If everything goes perfectly, the Packers will be gone. The Vikings will move on to face a REAL team, and they can finally get to playing real, hard football with a well-rested team.
>>
Is this the recipe for a Super Bowl appearance? That's yet to be seen. But dammit if this isn't some tricky business, eh?

Mike Zimmer is a fucking genius.
>>
>this delusion

its glorious you've manifested this and fully believe it
>>
>>64060268

Cap this. Everything has gone according to plan, the Vikes will take the 5th seed, and they will win against a team from the East in the Wildcard round
>>
>>64060349
the redskins will literally beat them if that happens. and Seattle will take the 5th seed anyway
>>
Give him back please
>>
He drafted Teddy Bridgewater over Derek Carr.
>>
how bout this, every time the vikings lose or fuck up ill green text
>Zimmer's Brilliance
just for you.
>>
File: 1447467388287.jpg (56 KB, 800x804) Image search: [Google]
1447467388287.jpg
56 KB, 800x804
>>
He needs to have the defense heal and they might have a shot. Hes up to something i hope.
>>
File: 1448579323772.jpg (156 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1448579323772.jpg
156 KB, 601x601
>>64060542
>the redskins will literally beat them
>>
It makes perfect sense.
>>
File: RICK.jpg (138 KB, 777x805) Image search: [Google]
RICK.jpg
138 KB, 777x805
>>64060265
>he doesn't know that Mike Zimmer's machinations are IN FACT simply part of the larger stratagem that is Rick Spielman's latest greatest master plan

>Will end in Slick Rick accruing 7 1st round picks

>yfw Rick Spielman does it again
>>
>>64060625

Vikings have 2 more planned losses, and possibly 3.

The only win they really want is over the Bears. That ensures at least a wildcard spot. They might decide to take one from New York to take the 5th seed.

But the Vikings don't want the division - they will be more than happy to give that to the Pack. The Vikings want to play the NFC East.
>>
They'll go one and done again. They've lost to literally every good team they've played.
>>
>>64060620
What the hell are you talking about?
>>
I have literally thought there is some strategy going on with this season. Isn't it interesting how our stars are periodically too hurt to play on random weeks. Kendricks for a week, Linval for a week, Smith, now Barr, Wayne's even was able to take next week off. I don't know if it's as in depth as explained in this post, but I really think Zimmer is planning on making it so we play the east first round and we come into the playoffs without showing our true strength and strategy all while having a rested defense while other teams fighting for the playoffs play harder and harder while the injuries stack up. Zimmer is a very smart man and that defense yesterday was not his true strength. Why push the chance of critically injuring one of his stars in a game that we don't need to win.
>>
>>64060015

>delusional vikings fan in denial confirmed

fuck outta here manlet
>>
insane
insanity
>>
As a Packer fan I am not surprised to see this much delusion spewing out of a bitchy faggot vikings fan.

Just shut the fuck up. There is no plan. The Vikings are a bottom five franchise in terms of having any fucking chance at success. Favre was the only chance they had and they fucking choked away his retirement and crippled the legends ass the next year prematurely ending the greatest sports record ever.

Fuck you Vikings fans. You will forever be in the vastly superior Packers shadow.
>>
File: partyref.jpg (52 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
partyref.jpg
52 KB, 600x600
>>64068179
>Fuck you Vikings fans. You will forever be in the vastly superior Referee's shadow.
Fixed that for you pumpkin:3
>>
File: thefuckingtruth.jpg (367 KB, 1816x1080) Image search: [Google]
thefuckingtruth.jpg
367 KB, 1816x1080
>>
>>64065468

The long-winded rant was just to guarantee replies.

If I'm being perfectly honest, Zimmer is going to LET the Packers take the division so the Vikes can play the shitty NFC East.

Why waste effort trying to scrape to a division win so we can play the Packers or Seahawks at TCF? No point to it.

Beating Washington or NY is going to be 10x easier than playing a good team at home. Let the Packers and Seahawks duke it out and bloody each other.

We don't even want the fucking division.
>>
>>64071396
>implying the Seahawks won't finish with a better record than the Vikings.
>>
>>64071465
yes, i do imply that good sir
>>
File: bingles1.png (8 KB, 200x206) Image search: [Google]
bingles1.png
8 KB, 200x206
>>64060015

anon I think you have a little too much time on your hands but I still got your back
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.