[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the biggest bust in the past 4 years? My vote goes to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 20
File: rgmeme.jpg (84 KB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
rgmeme.jpg
84 KB, 448x252
Who is the biggest bust in the past 4 years? My vote goes to pic related.
>>
File: cam is trash.jpg (91 KB, 625x410) Image search: [Google]
cam is trash.jpg
91 KB, 625x410
>>
>>64003219

He carried them to the playoffs in his rookie year though

He got unfortunate that the management ran him into the ground and basically killed his career, you can't really call him a bust just because of the retarded trades they made to secure him
>>
>>64003772
the injury isn't what made him crap, he refused to continue playing the style of offense that he did well in and wanted to be more of a pocket passer, which he's of course garbage at
>>
File: trentrich.png (1 MB, 1512x1148) Image search: [Google]
trentrich.png
1 MB, 1512x1148
>>64003219
Pains me to say it being a Bama fan, but Trent Richardson by far... He could get away with running fools over in college, but that don't fly in the pros
But RG3 is right behind him.
>>
At least Griffin won the goddamn division.

Clowney is by far the biggest bust.
>>
>>64003219
This guy is just a ghost

Nobody talks about him anymore, it's surreal
>>
that lineman the chiefs picked with the #1 overall a couple years ago

>gets bodied by every DL in the NFL
>still hasn't improved at all

Trent Richardson is a close second but only because he wasn't #1 overall
>>
>>64004195
oh yeah not to mention
>picking an OL #1 overall
>>
>>64003772
He used to say that he would try to draw late hit penalties when he ran along the sideline

He is literally too dumb to have the instinct for self-preservation
>>
>>64004195
Eric Fisher yayyyy

Chiefs are always great in the first round...
>>
>>64004195
Fisher. He's actually been pretty good this season. He's been graded as a top 10 lt this year, his run blocking has been graded as the best by some

He's pretty good

Clowney sucks pretty bad right now
>>
>>64003219
He had 1 great season.

Its obviously Johnny Football himself.
>>
>>64003219
>>64004193
anybody have that picture that somebody put online(I think on instagram?) saying RGIII came out after a game a few weeks ago and just stood in the middle of the field and looked around at all the empty seats looking depressed as fuck.
>>
How can anyone under the age of 25 be a bust? If you seriously think every player taken in the 1st round is going to have an immediate hof career, Fuck off
>>
>>64004130
The safety is going to the right side, the left is a small crowded gap, likely the one he was supposed to run in the play. If he gets by the lineman on the right, he has a chance for some yards due to safety having to change direction to get to him.

He is still a bust tho
>>
>>64004356
A first round pick, let alone #1 overall, should be a solid, dependable player

RGIII can't even get on the field anymore
>>
Why hasnt another team given RG3 a shot?

He was alright in his first year. Is it cause of his injuries?
>>
>>64004474
He's still on the Redskins, they're just hiding him at #3/scout team for whatever reason. Might be a salary issue.
>>
>>64004474
Because he's still on the Redskins.

He'll get a shot somewhere else next year. Probably Cleveland or somewhere else hats desperate for a QB.
>>
>>64004474

It's weird but I'm guessing people think he's genuinely broken

it may be true, he plays timidly, his throwing is off, and he's no longer a threat to run really

it's sad but the guy wasn't durable or big enough to sustain his playing style, unlike Cam Newton
>>
File: 1443155702593.jpg (69 KB, 530x600) Image search: [Google]
1443155702593.jpg
69 KB, 530x600
>>64004474

Everyone knows that some team, probably the rams for sweet irony, is going to sign him after he gets cut in the off-season. He's then going to have an above average career and make the redskins look like incompetent fuckups.
>>
>>64004130
I have mixed feelings about Trent, I think he's a bust in terms of stat, but I don't necessarily consider him to be in terms of a player, if that makes any sense.
>>
>>64003819

The alternative was getting found out in his second year and tanking hard anyway like Kaepernick, so his choice to try and adapt wasn't necessarily a bad one, it just didn't work out for him
>>
>>64004629

no, he's categorically a bust. Top 3 pick for a fucking RB, and became the worst performer in the league by a mile.

He's the reason people have cold feet drafting RBs high these days
>>
Clowney, hasn't done shit since he made that meme tackle in college.
>>
>>64004213
That draft was historically devoid of talent. Of course the Chiefs would get the #1 pick when there was no top tier qb coming out of college
>>
>>64004384
Safety? Nigger, that's James "I'll Gladly Pay 100k To Fuck Up Your Day" Harrison
>>
>>64004384
The fact that the linebacker is so far off the line and the Browns o line is in a pocket shape makes me think it was a draw play. So it's richardsons job to just find a hole and go.
>>
>>64004431
They have a long career ahead of them so they can bounce back someday, most likely for another team

But ya rg3 is ded so that trade is topkek
>>
>black qb
>bust
is this a meme or something. you have to have expectations to bust
>>
>>64004883
It's not like the Rams have vastly improved with all of those picks tho. It's a trade where both teams lost somehow
>>
>>64004690
>#25
>James Harrison

just stop. you're an embarrassment
>>
>>64003219
RG3 could've been the GOAT. I don't even know if it's fair to call him a bust, sabotage is more accurate.

>>64003819
>RG3 garbage at being a pocket passer
"no"
>>
>>64005143
what are you talking about? the rams absolutely won that trade. it's like your saying the team that wins the championship and loses in the super bowl didn't actually win the championship because they lost the super bowl.
>>
>>64005281
RG3 was never going to be the goat. In fact, no qb who relies on mobility that much will ever be the goat. Peyton Manning had an all-time great season in 2013. If Brady's offense weren't so injured he'd be having an all-time great season right now. Mobile qb's will never last that long.
>>
Gonna have to go with Jadeveon Clowney. He had 1 (one) good play in college. A meme play. And because of that he was the number 1 pick.
>>
>>64005295
thats a really shitty comparison

What exactly did the Rams do with that trade that made it a win for them?
>>
>>64005358
To be fair, he wouldn't have had to rely on that mobility if 4/5 spots on his o-line weren't revolving doors. Too many people on /sp/ forget that in 2011/2012 Griffin wasn't being looked at as a pocket passer who could run - he wasn't an athlete at QB, he was an athletic QB. His mobility certainly made him a lot better but it isn't what made him a great prospect.

>>64005389
Clowney was hyped as the number 1 pick before he ever played a snap in college
>>
Clowney was a fucking monster in college you turds.
>>
>>64004130
He managed to be a bust in 2 teams
>>
>>64005407
Jenkins, ogletree, stacy
>>
>>64005492
Yeah and that's why he's a bust now. Do you not understand words?
>>
>>64005492
Clowney is only known for making one big tackle against Michigan

ever since then he's basically been IR: the player
>>
>>64005547
one team has a playoff appearance after the trade. Those guys don't play for that team
>>
>>64003219
I would say Luck, but this faggot exists and is somehow worse
>>
>>64005565
But that's wrong.
>>
>>64005565
He had a pretty good rookie season
>>
Matt Leinart has to be way up there.
>>
>>64005590
>playoffs every year
> AFC championship last year (even though they got BTFO)
>bust
>>
Johnny Manziel. RG3 had a year where he was one of the top 3 quarterbacks in the league. Manziel has been even worse than bad RG3 and made his way to 3rd string quarterback on the team with even less QB talent than the Redskins.
>>
>>64005634
Scratch that I can't read more than 6 words.
>>
>>64003219
David WIlson
>>
>>64005634
he was a Bush babby at USC
>>
>>64005669
rip in peace
>>
>>64003219
Do busts usually have amazing rookie years?
>>
>>64005657
but he was never expected to be good at all, fuck off
>>
>>64004130
This picture is for guys who have never played football.
>>
>>64004757
From how far away the QB is, you can easily tell it wasn't a draw play.
>>
>>64005634
Not as bad as Jamarcus
why do USC QBs always suck in the pros?
>>
You now remember Dion Jordan.
>>
>>64004431
RG3 was not the number 1 overall pick though. The reason he's really considered a major bust is that the Redskins gave up multiple first round picks for him, hillariously though the Rams also did absolutely nothing with those picks and probably would take current RG3 over their current QB situation.
>>
LeBron James has got to be up there. He was the chosen one.
>>
>>64005623
Kek no he didn't
>>
>>64005789
maybe but Richardson isn't following the blocks whether it is a draw or not
>>
>>64005766
Oops I thought he was drafted 1st overall since the Browns had that movie made about that draft
>>
Let's not forget that EJ fuck Manuel got picked 16th overall
>>
>>64005925
There was a movie?!
>>
As a Giants fan, David Wilson was the big bust.
>>
>>64006034
That was due to a freak injury though, not because his play or off-field issues
>>
>>64005978
I think it was called Draft Day, and like Johnny Manziel it was a major bust.
>>
Whoever that Redskins scout team safety is
>>
>>64005978
It was called Draft Day and was clearly written by people who don't watch the NFL

The moves that are made during the climactic draft are inexplicable
>>
>>64005586
So? They still have the better players of thay deal and they are still young.
>>
File: Johhny Flop.jpg (266 KB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
Johhny Flop.jpg
266 KB, 640x350
$ years? bit of an odd number, like you want a particular answer, but for me: pic related.
>>
>>64004502
>implying Cleveland won't draft Paxton Lunch
>>
>>64006144
The point of a trade is to make your team more successful. One team got quick success, then failure, and are currently leading their division. The other team has been average at best throughout
>>
>>64006153
How can one team draft so bad for so long?
>>
>>64006225
The Rams were a dumpster fire
They are less of one now. The team did improve
>>
How is it not Clowney?
>>
>>64006259
can you blame a player for injury?
>>
>>64006231
Having a retard owner who pays dumb fucks in the front office leads to franchises like the Browns and Lions. You can't escape until your owner dies pretty much.
>>
Clowney at this point. Granted, I think the Texans are playing him as an OLB in a 3-4 defense, which is not his natural position. He was supposed to be an all-pro player and him and Watt would combine for the best 1-2 pass rush in the NFL. If you watch the game against Michigan in the Outback bowl, you will see that Taylor Lewan actually manhandled him the entire game, but people only remember the meme play, where he went unblocked (hardly indicative of his ability as a pass rusher). So maybe the hype was unwarranted and he actually isn't that good.
>>
>>64006239
Like I said, it seems like both teams lost. Redskins lose a ton of picks to draft a backup qb and the rams gain a ton of picks and never make the playoffs
>>
>>64006390
How is it a loss if the Rams improved at those positions? You can't solve an entire organizations worth of failure with 6 players.
>>
>>64006259
Who should they have drafted instead? Bortles?
>>
>>64006351
This is why the Bengals sucked for so fucking long. Mike Brown (the owner) was the GM through all of the shitty years and he still doesn't know shit about football. He finally gave Marvin Lewis control over picking what players he wanted and the bengals finally started winning games.
>>
>>64006441
Because they haven't been successful with those players. The Redskins got better at qb on their end of the trade but nobody calls it a win for them
>>
>>64006463
khalil "beast" mack
>>
>>64006365

>he's a bust because of his college days
>judging a player after only 1.5 years of being in the league

Clowney has been solid this year considering it's his first year being relatively healthy, and if you actually watch him and not just parrot the same post over and over again on 4chan, he is improving literally every week. If you expected him to be an all-pro right out the gate like an idiot, then sure he's a bust in your eyes. Keep in mind he couldn't practice until 2 weeks before the regular season

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/11/23/pro-jadeveon-clowney-helping-fuel-houstons-playoff-bid/

stop perpetuating this meme that clowney is a a guaranteed bust. Eric Fisher is an example of a full bust. Clown town doesn't even qualify yet
>>
>>64006365
Clowney has actually been incredible against the run this year and mediocre as a pass rusher, which is head-scratching at the least. I don't think the fact that he's an OLB in a base 3-4 is hurting him that much after all, when he's been on the field he's been solid he's just not on the field much
>>
>>64004195

Wanna hear a funny story about Fisher price?

He purposely didn't play against the Texans because he was scared shitless of J.J. Watt.

100% legit bust.
>>
>>64006619
>Eric Fisher is an example of a full bust

he's also been steadily improving this year but pls continue to parrot the same post over and over again on 4chan
>>
truly a new day when no raiders players have been mentioned

although I'll be the first to say, DJ Hayden is fucking garbage
>>
>>64006755
Hayden's been pretty good this year actually. He was trash his first two years though
>>
>>64006697

I'm sorry I didn't realize there were daily threads calling eric fisher a bust. After he chicken-shitted out of the game against Watt, I just assumed his career was over
>>
>>64006619
people on /sp/ consider any player that's not a contender for rookie of the year a bust
>>
>>64006833
yeah that Houston game was a low point (Watt was btfo by a RT the Chiefs signed 5 days before the game btw) and he was rekt by the kc media but he has been steadily improving ever since
>>
>>64006832
If getting burned and giving up holding/PI penalties is good, then yes, he has been pretty good this year
>>
Clowney

Literally hasn't done anything and was hyped because of ONE hit

RG3 at least made the playoffs and win a division title
>>
>>64007014
You're acting like the Texans aren't going to win the AFC South lol
>>
File: 1442973748496.jpg (6 KB, 111x124) Image search: [Google]
1442973748496.jpg
6 KB, 111x124
Marcus Smith
>>
>>64003219
considering what the Redskins had to give up to draft him yeah.

but Cleveland consistently drafts 1st round busts.
>>
>>64006153
>calls him a bust
>plays for a shitty team that refuses to play him
>22 years old
He'll be fine once he gets traded
>>
>>64005281
>RG3 could've been the GOAT. I don't even know if it's fair to call him a bust, sabotage is more accurate.

>running qb
>nfl

it's not like he was ever going to last more than a couple of seasons running. he was always going to get hurt doing that.
>>
>>64007244

Between him and Kinko Alfonso I think Chip wants to give up 200 yards rushing
>>
>>64004180
I live in Houston and I agree entirely with this. LeBusteon Clown is the biggest bust I've seen in a long, long time. He's on an elite tier of bustness with Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell.
>>
>>64004629
Yes, that makes sense. I think what you're saying is that he's trying and is a good buy but just not very good.

One of the worst busts of all time was Ki-Jana Carter. I don't call him the biggest bust ever because he tried and from all appearances, was a good guy. He just got hurt on the field and could never recover. Disappointing but not utterly rage-inducing like super busts who have attitude problems and don't even try.
>>
Vic Beasley or Tevin Coleman.
>>
Chip Kelly
So many people thought his offense would work and they spent millions of dollars on him, after half a year the defense adjusted to his schemes and look at where the Eagles are now.
>>
>>64005492
Every NFL bust was a football god in college. We're not talking about how good a player was in college. In fact, to be an NFL bust, the player had to be super awesome at the college ranks.
>>
>>64009254

If we're going by coaches then we have to put Kyle Shanahan on the list. Hes ruined literally every QB hes worked with, even matt ryan has turned to trash and the offense has fell apart.

Kyle will somehow still have no problem getting a job though after the Falcons let him go.
>>
What ever happened to that gay dude everyone used to talk about? Sam something if I recall correctly.
>>
>>64009344
He was never a star prospect, he went in the 7th round to the Rams and couldn't make it off the practice squad so he was cut.
>>
Clowney's going to be a legendary bust in 10 years.
Richardson is a bust too.
Luck is far from a bust, but he's not elite like he was supposed to be.
RG3 wasn't really a bust, he got busted.
>>
>>64006908

>Watt was BTFO
>sack, 4 TFL, completely neutralized Jamal Charles

and this was while he was still playing like shit in the beginning of the season. well, "shit" by Watt's standards
>>
>>64009399
>RG3 wasn't really a bust, he got busted.
He got busted but never changed the way he played to fit into the team's offense. It's an attitude thing which is why he's considered a bust by some.
>>
>>64009399

>Luck is far from a bust
>being outplayed literally in every conceivable way by a man who's not even being paid by the organization because he's already collecting social security
>>
>>64006136
>The moves that are made during the climactic draft are inexplicable
I generally enjoyed the movie, but all those moves at the end were so absurd. If it happened like that in real life, multiple GMs would have lost their jobs.
>>
>>64009448
I can see that. It's unfortunate but that's football.
>>
>>64008116

He'll be out of the league in 2 years
>>
Who is the most un-bust player in NFL history?

The real deal,not only lived up to hype,but exceeded it?
>>
>>64009620
Elway?
>>
>>64009620

Sanders
Elway
Peyton Manning
>>
>>64009620

Adrian Peterson.
>>
>>64009620
Wasn't Brady a 6th rounder?
>>
>>64009983
There was no hype. He was just some chump.
>>
>>64009983
Yeah, but they're asking for top draft picks.
>>
>>64009620
The answer is motherfucking Eli Manning
>>
>>64009620
Stafford?
And he had to sit out most of first 2 seasons cause his shitty O-Line. Still won that game against Cleveland.
>>
>>64010123
lol, he's an overrated piece of shit, get the fuck out of here
>>
>>64010159
He hasn't had the best O-coordinators.
>>
>>64010004
Exactly
>bust has all the hype and no results
>the opposite is no hype and all the results
>>
>>64009448
This, his ego was too big for his own good
>>
>>64010493
He was implying first round picks who actually suceeded
>>
>>64009326
Are you kidding me Kyle has produced top offenses everywhere he goes and it's one season of Matt Ryan a seasoned vet in the scheme give them time
>>
>>64004474
>Why hasnt another team given RG3 a shot?
who's gonna pay all that damn money for a third string qb?

and the reason he isn't playing this year is
A) because he sucks
and
B) his contract is only guaranteed for injuries. so there is no way in hell the redskins are gonna risk having to pay him anymore money next year.
>>
File: damn.jpg (48 KB, 350x345) Image search: [Google]
damn.jpg
48 KB, 350x345
>>64005657
>had a year where he was one of the top 3 quarterbacks in the league
>>
>>64004474
>2015
>having black qbs
>>
File: tebow-hair-usatsi-06102013.jpg (54 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
tebow-hair-usatsi-06102013.jpg
54 KB, 640x360
> control f
> Tebow
>0 results

Newfags, all of you. The hype from Christians and Floridians was un-fucking-real and when his 1938 scramble style got exposed he was never allowed onto a roster again
>>
Who has been the best pick over the last few years?

Amari Cooper seems like he could be a GOAT WR.
>>
Nerlens Noel and/or Joel Embiid
>>
Its trent richardson and its not even a debate.

RG3 or mark ingram could also be candidates but...

RG3 was genuinely good and made the playoffs before the ravens and seahawks tore his knees apart.

Mark ingram cost 2* first round picks but at least he occasionally reaches the higher levels of mediocrity to "almost good" status.

Who are the other candidates?

Lacy? He was good for a year
Warmack? Hes mediocre
All of the picks that busted this year: peat, fowler, melvin gordon, shaq tompson, vic beasely, are too young to really be busts.

You could argue manziel but he was taken with a bonus first round pick.

I will note that people are forgetting about Bortles who is almost done in the nfl and cost his team a top 5 pick.
>>
>>64013534
Hes from 2010 dumbass
>>
>>64009620
OJ Simpson and theres no debate.

Say what you want about his off the field issues.
>>
>>64004474
His fucking knee exploded
>>
>>64005492
so was manziel, so was trent richardson look how that turned out
>>
File: 1445821534360.png (197 KB, 458x420) Image search: [Google]
1445821534360.png
197 KB, 458x420
>>64013526
>>
>>64003219
Anthony Bennet is a fucking joke.
>>
>>64009254
>during the offseason iggles trash actually thought that chip kelly's memery would get them anywhere
>cuts all the good players and sings trash
>literally has a QB depth chart of glass and trash
>drafts more glass used up trash to fill out the offense
>tries meme shit in the NFL

literally why the fuck did anyone expect anything other than a trainwreck?
>>
File: 1445786689239.jpg (55 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1445786689239.jpg
55 KB, 800x800
>>64013947
Based Carr and Cooper
>>
File: trro.png (423 KB, 589x331) Image search: [Google]
trro.png
423 KB, 589x331
>>64004130

>>64005534
3 teams
>>
>>64009620

in no order:

peyton manning
lawrence taylor
barry sanders (despite playing for the lions)
charles woodson
jerry rice (maybe the least hyped in on this list coming into the draft)
ed reed
emmit smith
mike ditka (only person on the list with SB as player and coach)
>>
>>64013947
if the rams draft some linemen, gurley could turn out to be pretty good
>>
>>64003219
John Football is a bigger bust, RG3 busted because of injuries, Football is because he's a shitty person
>>
>>64017026
the LB wouldve been right over the top to fill the gap if he goes to the left
>>
>>64009983
This is a draft bust thread, not a draft steal thread.
>>
>>64009344
Went in the 7th round, never made it off the practice squads. He did a stint in the CFL and is no longer playing.

He was nothing special talent wise.
>>
>>64003219
Definitely. He had a bum knee, was surrounded by a shitty system, and got carried by Skip Bayless. The trifecta of most busts.
>>
>>64013947
>
Antonio Brown. Dude was a 6th rounder for fuck sake.
>>
>>64017197
LB was already in motion to his left. Trent is 6 yards from the end zone and doesn't even attempt a cut. 66 (Jackson, far right) doesn't even make his block.
>>
Cam Newton

>#1 (one) overall pick
>0 (zero) playoff wins
>>
>>64006463
Based Carr desu senpai
>>
File: 234234234234234.jpg (35 KB, 400x263) Image search: [Google]
234234234234234.jpg
35 KB, 400x263
this fuckstick

can't wait til we cut ties with his dumb ass
>>
RG3
Clowney
Manziel
Richardson
Blackmon
David Wilson
Gabbert
Bradford
Spiller

are all players who come to mind

Watkins wants to be
>>
>>64017830
Future?
>>
>>64009326
He made RG3 his first year in the league. As soon as RG3 refused to run his system he turned to shit.
>>
>>64019552
This list is concise and accurate. >>64017830
I had really high hopes for him too. I was psyched about him when we drafted him
>>
>>64005809
They played with great O-Linemen and some of the best skill players in the nation. Couple that with elite defenders and the QB wasn't asked much more than to put the ball into the hands of the playmakers and let them do the work. Also because most of the QBs they recruit are prostyle and are mostly developed by the time they step foot on campus.
>>
>>64005776
Well I did play football, but I never was a running back
>Kickers have more fun!
>>
>>64003219
you could put tom brady on the redskins and they'd still suck.
>>
>>64004653
Him and mcfadden
>>
Honestly, I don't think RG3 would've turned out a bust if he didn't go to the Redskins.

He was never going to be a HOFer but he would've turned out a decent starter.
>>
>>64019917
Shanahan never wanted a meme QB but the owner did.
>>
>>64013534
>exposed
Nice meme you fucking idiot. He was never allowed again because idiots never gave him a chance despite him leading the broncos to the playoffs, tebow got fucked
>>
>>64016595
Bortles sucked last year but he's having a decent year now
>>
File: 1447536915183.jpg (351 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1447536915183.jpg
351 KB, 800x800
>>64016595
Bortles is a good QB behind a shitty coach
>>
>>64006619
> If you expected him to be an all-pro right out the gate like an idiot, then sure he's a bust in your eyes.

Who is Von Miller?
>>
>>64016595
Mark Ingram was a pro-bowler. Literally impossible to be a bust if you're a pro-bowler.

Lacy was rookie of the year and a pro-bowler. Lacy finished his second year with over 1500 all-purpose yards. Even in his worst year where he didn't start every game, he's averaging 4.1 yards a carry.

They're certainly not amazing RBs but they're far from busts.

Richardson, however, is absolutely a bust.
>>
>>64004286

that was just sad. but manziel has to be the biggest bust. rg is just sad, but manziel is a complete and massive faggot.
>>
>>64020487
>actually believing this

Christians everybody! They're now using 4chan!
>>
File: Undefeated Broship.png (797 KB, 983x983) Image search: [Google]
Undefeated Broship.png
797 KB, 983x983
>>64013526
>the shantytown of /pol/
>>
>>64004180
The one highlight meme tackle guy was a bust?
What a surprise.
>>
File: he was number 1.jpg (291 KB, 2400x1600) Image search: [Google]
he was number 1.jpg
291 KB, 2400x1600
>>64003219
RG Knee may be a number 1 pick who has fallen, but he's at least still on a starting 53 man roster as a backup. How about the number 1 overall running back from that draft for the biggest bust. He couldn't even make a team this season, was cut by the Raiders before the season even started.
>>
>>64010123
Hard to say really, I mean, despite the other days events, that franchise was Browns tier before he got there, now it definitely isn't. He is still in his 20's and only now might have a OC who is worth a shit, considering that what they are doing now with Cooter at the OC job for just over a month. Lombardi was a hack and Lineham is overrated, Cooter's worth another season.

That draft class is fucking shit anyway, he would go #1 again even with full hindsight in mind.
>>
>>64003219
lol I love how people forget how he had one good year.

jesus
dion jordan was worse
>>
>>64009620
Probably Peyton.
>>
He played really damn well his rookie season I think that alone exludes him from being a bust. Jamarcus is still the biggest bust.
>>
>>64004130
trent richardson taught me a lot about football, i thought he was going to be the shit because he was so big, so fast and could cut so hard

but none of it matters if you have no vision, or at least a coach who tells you were the gap will be

Im really sad he didnt become the monster I thought, but damn....did I learn something from him
>>
>>64004666
It was a pretty fucking good hit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIu22jokKKk
>>
>>64009620
Kurt fucking Warner
>>
>>64023759
>that awful fucking announcer

its not often i say in all seriousness i could do that professional's job better than them....but this fucking guy
>>
>>64023759
>running unblocked into a back on an inside handoff is somehow exceptional
>30 seconds of self masturbation to the point where the coaches have to yell at you to get off the field
>the Outback Bowl
I still don't know what the scouts were thinking.
>>
File: 1443142749853.jpg (2 MB, 4896x3264) Image search: [Google]
1443142749853.jpg
2 MB, 4896x3264
>>64003219
only 1 ring in the last 4 years.
>>
Literally clueless. Clowney has been good this year.
>>
>>64017197
fucking lol. He should have been able to run through a single LB, right? Especially an LB who wouldn't have any low leverage against a guy who's running downhill against him

Trent had no vision because he didn't care. He was lazy. He is the epitome of NFL busts
>>
I know it's not going to be discussed because he plays on the Titans but Bishop Sankey is the biggest bust the Titans have drafted in recent history

He's going to be cut by next season

>tfw they could've drafted Jeremy Hill or Jarvis Landry
>>
>>64003772
>Alfred Morris running for 1600 yds and 13tds didnt do anything
Yea having a top 3 rb helps a lot
>>
>>64017197
The linebacker is in a better position to fill the gap Trent is currently running into you dolt
So why not hit the open hole get some downhill speed and take the LB 1 on 1, I'm almost certain the play is designed for that
Of he doesn't truck him or make him miss he still has 4 guaranteed yards instead of having 2 dlinemen reach out grab him stop his momentum and then the LB finishing the play for no gain
>>
>>64016595
Ingram did not cost two first round draft picks holy shit
>>
>>64003219
I really feel that injuries and a shit team/organization were his downfall.
ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS SLIDE, RG3
>>
>>64009620
Anyone who says anything other than Kurt "Paper or Plastic" Warner is fucking delusional
>>
>>64004256

>tfw South Carolina fan
>tfw knew Clowney wouldn't amount to nothing because he's a lazy sack of shit that took off his Junior season

Beginning of the end of the Spurrier regime in SC was letting that fool run around the program just because of that ESPN hit in the bowl game. Boy got away with more shit than any Gamecock outside of Stephen Garcia.
>>
>>64005623

Not really. He was always a babby player.

2011: Starting front four - Melvin Ingram Kelcy Quarles Travian Robertson Devin Taylor (Three have played in the NFL, Quarles has bounced around, might have played in a game or two)
2012: Taylor and Quarles taking heat off of Clowney
2013: Chaz Sutton outplayed him, Kelcy Quarles was the real threat up-front

He was surrounded by NFL talent his entire career at SC. Would have gave him up in a heartbeat if it meant keeping Lattimore healthy.
>>
>literally nobody saying Colin Kaepernick
>>
>>64027748

>i don't know what bust means

Average education level on /sp/. Not surprised.
>>
dion jordan.

dolphins traded up to 3rd pick to get him, using all sorts of picks in the process.

dion jordan's reaction? 'ayy lmao, let's go smoke some dank senpai'

dude barely played a single fucking DOWN for the phins
>>
>>64026085
Oh fuck, yeah, Stankey is such a bust I almost forgot he existed.
>>
>>64027748
But he booty blasted the puckers and made it to the owl within two years of starting. That's not a bust.
Gonna go out on a limb here, Tim Couch?
>>
>Taking a Heisman winning QB

Kiss of death.
>>
>>64005827
He helped Ireland get fired so I don't mind him too much
>>
>>64004527
It'd be hilarious if he led the LA Rams to an owl
>>
>>64020837
RG3 was selected for the pro bowl his rookie year but didn't attend due to his knee exploding.

I don't think RG3 is a bust, he needs to play in the right system and accept that he's never going to be Aaron Rodgers.
>>
>>64003698
LMAO when was this image made?
>>
>>64026085
Cobb is looking to be the same thing lol. Both dudes are getting out performed by an undrafted free agent.
>>
>>64003772
>QB has reckless, wearing style that can't possibly be sustained longer than the career of a RB
>"dude the coaches played him too much"
A QB should be able to play 16+ games a year, no exception. If the style that made him big kills him, it's his own damn fault and his team's fault for thinking it would last.
>>
>>64004130
>has awesome rookie year
>draft him in sophomore year first round
>he busts
>make a ton of excuses for him and draft him next year in the 6th
>suicide
>>
>>64013947
raiders have probably had the best drafts in the last 2 years, but none of their vets besides woodson is producing, so it'll be a year or 2 until they're actualy a dominant force. for now, they're just a good, not great, team lead by very young players
>>
File: EJdraft.jpg (49 KB, 576x324) Image search: [Google]
EJdraft.jpg
49 KB, 576x324
bills fan here. how was this guy not mentioned at all?
>>
>>64016929
Nice analysis my man
>trash
>trash
>meme trash
>>
>>64030752
>drafting heisman winners
It's like you want to fuck over your franchise
>>
>>64003819

>implying anyone could've done well in RG3s situation

>horrible injury followed by another
>coaching and system changes every 2 minutes
>redskins sell away future to get him leaving him with no support

The team has been one giant fuck up the last 10 years
>>
>>64031463
I don't even know why it replied to you, it was meant for OP
>>
File: 1431282196155.jpg (20 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1431282196155.jpg
20 KB, 258x245
>>64017197
>>
>>64005809
>why do USC QBs always suck in th

>who is carson palmer

and jamarcus went to LSU faggot
>>
>>64019807
Well Tom Brady isn't good
>>
>>64016595
someone is trying to hide their buttmad bama hate but they cant
>>
>>64030752

He was reached for in a draft where there were no projected 1st round QBs late in the first. It's not as big of a bust impact wise
>>
>>64004488
>might be a salary issue.
RG3 has an injurry clause in his contract. IIRC if he gets injured this year its a guaranteed 10 million. Thats why he will not see the field this season.
>>
Sam fucking bradford
>>
>>64021324

Yeah tell me more of the panthers/warriors dynasites

Literally no one even knew these teams existed in 2014
>>
>>64027801
> Jim Plunket is the last qb to win a heisman and a superbowl
> Roger Staubach is the only heisman winning qb in the hall of fame

Is there a more pointless and overrated award in sports?
>>
>>64009620
Earl Campbell
>>
>>64026632
Warner cannot be a bust because he was an undrafted free agent. Busts are as horrible and hated as they are by the fans because they cost the team a lot in terms of draft picks.

That said, it was a travesty that Warner did not make the Hall of Fame on his first attempt.
>>
>>64004474
Eagles Could definitely pick up RG3. he fits their system better than a pocket glass bradford
>>
Jake Locker
>>
>Deez Nutz
>>
>>64005358
steve young was mobile
>>
Jameis Winston.
>>
>>64005827
He had talent, but lacked personal discipline, like all players at his stupid DE / OLB position for some reason. I'm a Ducks fan btw
>>
>>64006463
In hindsight, Carr. In the moment, I said Bortles. He would have been better anyway.
>>
>>64039633
one glass QB for another? chip kelly would murder him by forcing him to run read options every play
>>
>>64034068
Panthers are memez but warriors exceeded meme tier and ascended into gr8ness senpai
Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.