[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that Knicks """""""""""""""""""""""fans""""""""
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 12KristapsPorzingis.jpg (27 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
12KristapsPorzingis.jpg
27 KB, 640x360
Daily reminder that Knicks """""""""""""""""""""""fans"""""""""""""""""""""""" booed the next GOAT when he was drafted
>>
File: Costanza.jpg (53 KB, 394x370) Image search: [Google]
Costanza.jpg
53 KB, 394x370
>>63992709
>New Yorkers
>>
Who gives a shit if they booed him? I think that the massive hype he gets now it all kind of balances out

People are just scrambling to find something to taunt the Knicks with when they're actually decent for once in a while
>>
Hinkie dum goofed drafting Jahlel "I'll fight every cracker out there" Okafor
>>
>>63992709
ima jets and knicks fan, we boo everything
>>
>>63992709
Dude sucks, I still boo him
>>
Lets be real, nobody expected this shit out of a skinny white latvian guy. Even Phil Jackson was trolling him.

Plus everybody wanted one of KEKSPN's hot new big black talents
>>
>>63996435

if you saw him play for 5 minutes you could see he was legit
>>
>>63996470
>we should have expected an instant game changing NBA player because he was good at Baloncesto Sevilla

Alright man if you say so.
>>
>>63992709
Anyone got the webm of him going out o a fast break, doing a spin move and then throwing it down? This kid is going to be great, if not a star. AD vs KP goat rivalry
>>
I love this kid.

NBA is going to enter another golden era soon. So much young talent.
>>
>>63992709
YO WHO DA FUCK IS THIS NIGGA!!???
>>
racism
>>
>>63992709
>le 40% shooting center meme
>>
Do you guys really want to understand why the fans booed or is this a meme?

In any case, I'm bored so I'll try I guess.
In order to understand the booing, you really have to understand the state of New York basketball for the last twenty to thirty years.

The last great player that the Knicks drafted was Patrick Ewing way back in 1985. Ewing was the fucking man and played fifteen amazing years here.

But who have they drafted since? Really, take a look, it's no one that had really made an impact on at least the Knicks in whole

Do you know who was the last Knicks player who received a rookie extension? Charlie fucking Ward in 1999.

Just think of that, since Ward, the Knicks have not extended a single one of their drafted rookies in nearly sixteen fucking years.

The FO has been terrible and in win now mode for the last two decades instead of playing the game the right now. They've made terrible trades that haunt them even into this season.

And now look at their past history drafting european players. Frederic Weis, taken one pick before Ron Artest, never played a single minute in the NBA.

So when the Knicks have their worst season in franchise history, they take a player that most of the fans have never heard of. He didn't play in the NCAA, he wasn't known to most basketball fans outside of the absolute diehard draft fans.

It was a gusty call and it's looking like it's paying off right now, at least.
>>
>>63996636
Quality post.

Nobody knows hoops more than NYC
>>
A good amount of his appeal comes from how much fun it is to say his name 2bh
>>
>>63996499
Pretty much every gm said he was going to be the stand out player from this year's draft. Just from watching his draft workouts you could tell he was legit
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.