[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be deliberately terrible for three consecutive years >be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 808x808) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 808x808
>be deliberately terrible for three consecutive years
>be rewarded for that

Why do Americans keep allowing this?
>>
>>63990146
It's retarded, I was talking to my friend about how all they're doing is making fans believe their building something while they have the lowest payroll and tank every season just so they can maximize their profit, and he responds to me with

"oh you're being serious"

sports fans are sheep in this country, they dont take a second to think about things and just accept them as they are
>>
it's called: 'sympathy"
>>
Or have the lakers win every year because of cash
>>
>>63990146
They aren't even rewarded because lottery picks. They're literally sandbagging to come in 3rd or 4th every year.
>>
>>63990676
I think it's the opposite, t b h. The Sixers haven't won a championship since 1982. That's 33 years. Plenty of other teams have gone longer without winning. Owners and GMs of these teams sell their fans on a high point of second round playoff losses for a couple years, maybe a conference finals appearance, knowing damn well that their star player has hit his ceiling and that they'll be irrelevant again soon. They let him go in free agency, then sell their fans on a brief "rebuilding period", and the cycle repeats itself. That's what tricking fans looks like.

The Sixers are saying that this isn't good enough. They don't give a fuck what the fans or the media think. They're trying to create a dynasty, and history tells us that this is the best way to do it.
>>
>>63990805
Yeah I watched them after AI and those teams are WAAAYYYYYY better than this without the high draft picks, that organization literally has no idea what its doing

They're businessmen, they don't understand basketball, all they understand is how to procure assets but they dont even use their assets right, thats all this is to them assets, they couldn't give a fuck if they've been tanking for 3 seasons if they're making good profits which they are
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mvnrw7LOOa1qig1e2.gif (534 KB, 245x224) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mvnrw7LOOa1qig1e2.gif
534 KB, 245x224
>rewarded

Questionable desu
>>
>>63990805
this

the warriors tanked and we ended up with harrison barnes and draymond green

tanking works
>>
>>63990867
You have it backwards, my friend. Did AI ever bring in a championship? Did Iggy with the Sixers? No, and the truth is they were much farther from winning one than the owners and GMs would like you to believe.

Of all the major sports, basketball has the most predictable outcome. There's 7 game series with high scoring games. Very low variance. Sure, those teams were very good, but did they have a realistic shot at winning? No, they didn't. If the point is to be entertained by the team, like it is to most fans, then this point is essentially irrelevant. It's probably also irrelevant to most owners. But if you're a GM and your goal is to win a championship, and sustain that level of competitiveness for as long as possible, wouldn't the best method be what the Sixers are doing right now, given the roster when Hinkie inherited the team and their past inability to recruit big name free agents?
>>
>>63991036
Somehow Andrew Bogut is the 1st overall pick on the warriors, the guy who they play their best without. This is why tanking doesn't work.
>>
>Jahlil Okafor
>Joel Embiid
>Nerlens Noel
>Michael Carter-Williams
>rewarded
>>
>>63990146
>0 (zero) #1 overall picks
>rewarded
>>
>>63991062
AI at least took them to the championship, Iggy took them to the playoffs constantly, tell me, do you see this team doing anything in the playoffs for 5 years or even 10? Like I said the people who run that organization are shit and they have no reason to improve themselves because they're still getting paid and the organization is still profiting and the fans keep coming back despite results that would disgust most people, sixers fans are the ultimate kuks, and I know a lot of them lad
>>
>>63990702
this

your league is shit spain. Same teams in the top since 1900's
>>
File: 1431590939385.jpg (2 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
1431590939385.jpg
2 MB, 3072x2304
Its our way of giving the worst teams a bone.if anything, it appeasement.

Its an association, no one is getting relegated, top teams arent scared of getting busted up 5 years down the line by a developing prospect
>>
>>63990146
>be rewarded for fit that

But they never got the #1 draft
>>
>>63990702
>this x 2
>>
>>63990146
It's the only way to make a fair league, but you wouldn't understand that would ya?
>>
>>63990146
how exactly are they rewarded? that franchise is a dumpster fire and it's gonna stay that way
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.