[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sumo (相撲 sumō?) is a competitive full-contact wrestling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 111.jpg (59 KB, 561x842) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
59 KB, 561x842
Sumo (相撲 sumō?) is a competitive full-contact wrestling sport where a rikishi (wrestler) attempts to force another wrestler out of a circular ring (dohyō) or into touching the ground with anything other than the soles of the feet. The characters 相撲 literally mean "striking one another".
>>
>>63983069
Why don't we see any sumo offensive lineman? Do they make too much money """playing""" their fixed japanese mob """"sport""""?
>>
>>63983069
>>>/asp/
Good luck with /wwe/ faggot, senpai.
>>
>>63983069
Japan. A magical place where even the sports revolve around fetishes.
>>
Every time I watch sumo I fear that one of the bowels of the rikishis will set loose and fecal matter will sprout in a projectile manner all over the audience.
>>
File: dat ass.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
dat ass.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
>>63983069
>>
>>63983078

Typical american attitude thinking 'muh big strong athletes' can just switch between sports. NFL players would be humiliated in Sumo and vice versa. They have similar size and strength but at the end of the day it's the technique that matters.

The top guys are reasonably well paid. Including endorsement and prize money they make over a million a year. The minimum salary for a top division wrestler is about $120,000
>>
>>63983636
but you can learn technique, and that salary is much lower than the NFL minimum

shove your memes up your ass, friend. This has literally zero to do with nationality or any fake stereotypes you made up.
>>
>>63983802
ignoring the "hurr typical American" bullshit from Ireland, fucking savage pseudo-Euro

he's right about technique, I've no doubt a Sumo could be taught, but Football is pretty much nonexistant in Japan, that means he's up against dudes who have played OL for most of their lives

OL is probably in the top 10 hardest things to do in sport, inb4 fools with anti-football bias claim otherwise, find me 10 things that are harder
>>
>>63983854
this tbqh family
>>
>>63983854
Well I'm sure that wrestling is harder but cant really know how and to what extent as I have no idea what makes a OL job hard. Reading the opposition play seems the hardest thing in NFL for me.
>>
>>63983854
I agree, there shouldn't be tons of sumos dominating the NFL, but plenty of NFL lineman have only been playing for ~8 years. It's not like soccer or basketball where every single top player started honing their skills as a 6 year old.
>>
>>63983505
>fear
i dont think thats the english word you were looking for
>>
>>63983078
Because Sumo is a lot less harsh on their body, m8. A good wrestler can make bank with endorsements while he's actually wrestling, and then lose all the excess fat and open up a gym once he retires.

No real reason to diversify.
>>
File: 1417856778039.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1417856778039.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.