[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>phantom facemask >holding all across on last play not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 14
File: NFL_Logo.jpg (233 KB, 1365x1024) Image search: [Google]
NFL_Logo.jpg
233 KB, 1365x1024
>phantom facemask
>holding all across on last play not called
>miraculous hail mary

So that settles it, it really is rigged right?
>>
I've stopped watching NFL a few years ago because I got sick of all the ref bullshit that went on.

How do you fuckers do it? NFL is just not fun to watch anymore. Every other game is decided by refs.
>>
He got it with the thumb and it looked like Rodgers head was stuck turning right.
I'd have to see the other side to know 2bh
>>
>>63977945
I didn't watch the game so I won't comment on the facemask call but

>calling penalties on hail Mary's that aren't absolutely egregious offenses

That's how it's always been in hail Mary's, don't call anything except for something like the QB throwing from a yard in front of the line of scrimmage
>>
Completely unbiased Steelers fag here

It looked like a face mask to me. All you have to do is touch it and it's a flag.
>>
What a job by the players.
What a job by the coaches.

The miracle in Motown.

B-)
>>
I don't think the league is rigged to determine winner and loser, but I think calls are made to keep the games as close as possible.
>>
>>63977945
>not even gracious in defeat

Delicious bitch tears are delicious.
>>
>>63978138
it wasnt the hail mary
there was a """""""facemask""""""" called on the last play of the game, similar to the Jags/Ravens game earlier this season
except
the lions guy had ONE FUCKING FINGER ON RODGERS FACEMASK FOR A SECOND
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>63978165
SHECOCKS BTFO!
>>
>>63977945

>You seem salty nigger, enjoy being mugged on your way back to the hood in your shit city.
>>
lionfags on full buttblasted status
>>
>>63978165
touching the facemask of a runner is not illegal.
>>
When is Mook going to move NFL to /asp/ where it belongs?
>>
>>>/asp/
>>
if they really are rigging, they're doing a very bad job of keeping it subtle
>>
so, better question

why the fuck do teams only rush 3 in situations like this?

literally the only way you lose is if you give the QB 20 seconds to run around and let him get a running start towards the line of scrimmage

yet you see teams do it all the time

that one extra guy does so much more to put pressure on the QB than he does jerking off downfield waiting for a throw
>>
That was a bullshit call. nfl does not care about the lions at all
>>
File: shaunleaderofinstitute.jpg (430 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
shaunleaderofinstitute.jpg
430 KB, 1920x1080
>>63977945
This is a weekly thread if you didn't know. We all know something is up, just not right mayne.
SHIT DON'T ADD UP ALL THE TIME.
>>
File: prettygreatbob.jpg (44 KB, 560x375) Image search: [Google]
prettygreatbob.jpg
44 KB, 560x375
Makes up for the missed PI call desu, im sorry you're team is still irrelevant

maybe next year senpai
>>
>>63978165
I've seen plays where someone pushes the facemask and there's no call. Barely grazing your thumb in what looked more like incidental contact is bullshit
>>
>>63978289
Head came clearly got pulled down a bit in the replay as the hand moved to his shoulder
>>
>>63977945
Absolutely. I used to be big into both football and basketball but over time the amount of subjective penalties/fouls/etc just became unbearable. I absolutely think it's rigged, just casually watching this game made me so fucking mad and I couldn't give two shits about either of those teams otherwise.
>>
Note: If a player grasps an opponent’s facemask, he must immediately release it. If he does not immediately release it and controls his opponent, it is a foul.

The NFL rules. He didn't even GRASP IT. There is no rule against a thumb hitting a fucking facemask.
>>
>>63978289
>runner

don't be a dick
>>
File: 1427761390054.gif (418 KB, 300x144) Image search: [Google]
1427761390054.gif
418 KB, 300x144
>tfw the ending of this game
>tfw the ending of the seahawks game earlier this season
>tfw no holding call on the dallas game last season

The Lions are shit enough on their own, I don't see why the refs have to go out of their way to beat them down even further.
>>
>>63978325
Because he can dump it off and let the backfield of 7 guys block 3 or 4 guys for the ball carrier. He would get in.
>>
>>63978429
he was a runner at that point. He caught a lateral beyond the line of scrimmage
>>
>lions have multiple people guarding midfield
>rest in the back of the endzone
blame the refs all you like but detroit blew that play entirely
>>
>>63978407

Nowhere in the NFL rules does it say that touching a facemask is a violation. Only grasping, twisting, and pulling it is a violation.
>>
>Rule 12, Section 2, Article 5 of the NFL Rule Book (page 81) states that “no player shall twist, turn, or pull the face mask of an opponent in any direction.” The Rule Book describes the penalty as follows: “Penalty: For twisting, turning or pulling the mask: loss of 15 yards. A personal foul
>>
>>63978429
You're an idiot
>>
Someone webm the "facemask" CBS obviously ain't gonna show it again.
>>
>>63978407
>clearly
not in the least fucking bit. his finger grazed it, at best
>>
>>63978425
Rodgers sold it very well though. Soccer player level drama. Figures because rodgers is a queer.
>>
>>63978415
This. I've watched football for awhile now and I always laughed at the notion it was rigged but I can say now the refs HAVE to be making calls for certain teams sometimes.
>>
>>63978488
His finger did pull it just enough though. It was quick, but it counts.
>>
>>63978467
i've only just seen the play. sorry. i'm a dick.
>>
>>63978574

No it doesn't. It was clear he wasn't aiming anywhere at the facemask. He didn't even fucking grasp it. Rodgers lowered his head as he always does to sell it to the refs. He is an actor.
>>
>>63978504
what facemask? i never saw any facemask. the last penalty was "tackling aaron rodgers"
>>
>>63978496
go fuck yourself
>>
>>63978574
No it doesn't fucking count. There's a fucking reason the NFL got rid of the 5 yard facemask penalty it's so ticky tack calls like this don't fucking happen.
>>
>>63978574

Want more proof? The NFL rule even included an exception for that bullshit. Explaining that grasping the facemask isn't an automatic penalty.

A.R. 12.12 Third-and-10 on A30. Runner A1 runs to the A33, wh ere he is tackled by B1, who incidentally grasps A1 ’s facemask on the tackle, but it is not a twist, tur n, or pull.
Ruling: A’s ball, fourth-and-seven, on A33. No Foul.

Incidental facemask contact is not a fucking penalty. He was going for the shoulder. Clear as day.
>>
Fucking refs
when will they learn the rules
>>
>>63978259
>the lions guy had ONE FUCKING FINGER ON RODGERS FACEMASK

that is literally facemask.

get over it. detroit is a shit team
>>
File: GAzADJ_wSZ8.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
GAzADJ_wSZ8.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>63978620
This.
>>
>who /cumming to lion faggot tears/ here

Literally amazing lmaoooo
>>
>>63978705

Really. Seems as if you don't know the fucking rules of the NFL m8

If a player grasps an opponent’s facemask, he must immediately release it. If he does not immediately release it and controls his opponent, it is a foul.

This right here shows you can grasp the facemask as long as you don't keep hold of it for long. Which he didn't even fucking grasp it.
>>
Even with the facemask call the hail mary still had to happen. How do you rig a hail mary?
>>
File: 1411329079520.gif (4 MB, 480x244) Image search: [Google]
1411329079520.gif
4 MB, 480x244
You're not allowed to touch "elite quarterbacks."
>>
>>63978792

Triggered
>>
wouldn't it have been a horsecollar anyway even if it wasn't a facemask?
>>
best anal devastation ive seen all year. keep it up faggots i will remain a silent observer and lather my dick in your tears
>>
>>63978815
>>
should have been a PI on the play before the facemask and a decently high probability FG anyways
>>
>>63978047
If you watch it, Rodgers turns his head after the defenders hands were completely away from his mask and on his jersey.
>>
>>63978910

>PI
>defensive back turns around and fights for ball
>dramatically underthrown ball

'no'
>>
File: brock.jpg (153 KB, 599x793) Image search: [Google]
brock.jpg
153 KB, 599x793
NFL officiating is becoming a random ebin me-me. I'm convinced that the referees have been instructed to keep games "competitive" this year.
>>
>>63978792
That still pisses me off and I'm triggered as fuck now. Fuck drew brees
>>
>>63978476
That play wouldn't have even happened if the refs didn't give the packers the penalty.
>>
>>63978225

I agree. It's not rigged like they knew Rodgers was gonna throw a touchdown. They just give favorable calls so there is a better chance that things like this happen.
>>
>>63978947
I liked osweleir at first. Seeing his first win by the refs makes him less endearing.
>>
>>63978415
This is why I like baseball the best even though it's the least exciting. Calls in football and basketball are just so subjective its frustrating
>>
>>63978382
>Makes up for the missed PI call

It wasn't PI, it was incidental contact and both players were playing the ball.
>>
>>63978947

>that holding

lmao are they fucking serious???
>>
>>63978947
That 12 yard sack that got called back, Gronkowski's OPI...

Brock got everything he needed and more. He's got talent though, you can't deny it
>>
>>63979073
You're trolling aren't you? Have you ever counted how many times the calls are inconsistent with the strike box they have op on tv?
>>
>>63978947
>I'm convinced that the referees have been instructed to keep games "competitive" this year.

I have been suspecting this as well. 70% of the primetime games were total garbage last season, but now all of a sudden they are all close and or crazy finishes. That alongside some of these calls....
>>
>>63978792
anyone have the legal Brees sack with his neck being stretched out
>>
>>63978431
It's Because the lions are always playing a popular team
>>
>face mask
>hail Mary is easiest play to defend against, just stay in front of the receivers
>dumb fuck detoilet can't
>about 3 Packers could have caught that ball
>every loins player standing behind the Packers with thumbs up asses.
>fans realize season is over
>rush to Internet to complain about rigged refs
>>
File: 1337143152435.png (93 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1337143152435.png
93 KB, 320x287
>>63979396
>>
>>63977945
this is an entertainment business
>>
File: NOPEsaints.jpg (35 KB, 504x363) Image search: [Google]
NOPEsaints.jpg
35 KB, 504x363
>>63979396
>implying the new /redditsp/ was around for that
>>
>>63979080
Im talking about the entire game my blown out nigger. So many holds and PI calls missed on Detroit it was disgusting. Totally made up for it thankfully.
>>
>>63978947
To be fair, the d lineman in that image used a rip move so holding like that isn't actually a penalty. The more you know
>>
if anything it was offensive PI
>>
>>63979568
God I forgot about this.
>Dat loony toons expression on his face
Nigga shouldve died.
>>
>>63979080
>both players were playing the ball

lol no they werent, regardless of what Mike "Company Man" Carey said. The defender just smashed into him and then turned around to look for the ball after he had positioning
>>
>>63979073
>Implying
I would gas every Umpire in the MLB if I was able to. This last season and especially in the Playoffs had some of the worst strike zones Ive ever seen in 30 years of watching professional Baseball.
>>
There was a penalty last year on Cary Williams when the eagles played ( I think the seahawks) and he knocked off a guys helmet with his hand and slightly touched the facemask
The refs called it back without reivew and said verbatim that the fingers didn't grasp or hook into the facemask therefore it is not a penalty and the runner is ruled downed and the play dead where the helmet came off
His fingers and palms brushed the facemask of the runner no penalty called
>>
>>63979699
Bullshit. The ball even landed way in front of the defender. Defender tracked the receiver, and then turned and then the receiver tried to run through him to get the ball.

If that is DPI then defenders have no right to the ball.
>>
>>63978034
Every sports are rigged
>>
File: bountyonbreesneck.gif (2 MB, 630x315) Image search: [Google]
bountyonbreesneck.gif
2 MB, 630x315
>>63979683
>>
>>63977945
>holding all across on last play not called

I saw one potential hold call, even there I wouldn't have called it

seems like fans grasping at straws desu senpai
>>
>>63979288
>>63979747

>my team lost in the playoffs

Go check brooksbaseball instead of your feelings, the strike zones were fine
>>
>>63978382
The call where the receiver was completely out of position and hugged the corner from behind hoping for a call?
>>
File: 1448961557647.jpg (30 KB, 395x428) Image search: [Google]
1448961557647.jpg
30 KB, 395x428
>>63977945
An elite QB's helmet must not be touched

Haven't you been paying attention the last 10 years

Touch the QB's Helmet = Penalty

Must protect their investments

Rodgers makes more money for the NFL than the entire Lions organization

Therefore, It's a penalty

Stafford isn't Elite

Doesn't get that finger facemask call

Detroit is full of mudslimes

Doesn't get that call

Packers WIN

Again

Deal with it Losers
>>
>>63979073
>strike zones
>not wildly inconsistent
>>
>>63979645
fuck off roger
>>
I bet you were posting non-stop after the cheatriots got refballed and their shit fans made threads complaining about it. Now this shit stick rolled your way bud
>>
>>63980056
they dont change over the course of the game though, so in a sense they are fairly consistent
>>
>>63979845
based france
>>
>>63980015
I don't have an MLB team, my state doesn't have one. Couldn't decide who to go for in the last series. I hate new yorkers on the one hand but the worst ones are usually yankees fans. I had a feeling a lot of yankees fans went out and bought mets gear so I leaned toward kansas in the end.
>>
>>63980042
>Detroit is full of mudslimes
Rodgers should have been sucking their cocks while praising Allah then.
>>
>>63980247
Bacon > Allah

Bacon is Elite

Rodgers is Elite

Mud religions are not

Deal with it
>>
>>63980283
>cancer meats
smdh
>>
>>63977945
it is really rigged, like conspiracy level rigged
>>
>>63980283
I agree with everything but still don't really like rodgers.
>>
>>63980293
Bacon > Your Religion

Detroit is a ruined city

Green Bay is Literally God's Country

Packers are America's Team

Rodgers will lead the Packers to their Destiny

Rodgers = Elite

Lions = Losers
>>
>>63980158
Yeah they do, because a human is judging it, which means a batter or catcher can position themselves to change the umpire's prespective.

Not saying it is wrong, that is just part of the game, but to say there is no subjective rulings is false.
>>
So fellow Lions fans I'm going grocery shopping.

Do I get a paper bag to hide my face or a plastic one to end it all?
>>
>>63978034
nfl has never been fun to watch. shit sport managed by even shittier retards
>>
>>63978705
This used to be a 5 yard penalty but the league removed it from the rulebook.
>>
>>63977945
Lol at butt hurt lions fans. In order to have lost that game you

1. Blew a 20-0 lead

2. Had a blatant PI ignored on one of the final plays with Quddus

3. Allowed a fucking Hail Mary at the very end of the game.

You can talk about refball as much as you want, but the lions blew that game in the most epic of ways. Don't give me that ref ball shit.
>>
>>63977945
The only part that pissed me off about that game was when Packers had the ball with around 3 minutes left. They caught the ball for a 1st down and he was pushed out of bounds yet the clock didn't stop and ended up costing them about 15 seconds. I've seen a lot of terrible clock issues this season yet no one ever gives them shit.
>>
>>63978527
is that why rodgers's helmet was completely twisted when he hit the ground?
>>
>>63984387
His chinstrap was over his mouth you mong. He was brought down to the ground from his shoulder pad. He got sacked into the ground.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.