[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT we fix american football - less pauses, faster plays - in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: pepe-the-frog-meme[1].png (48 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
pepe-the-frog-meme[1].png
48 KB, 500x282
ITT we fix american football

- less pauses, faster plays
- in OT, if you score a TD on first play, the other team have a chance to score too
- quarterback has unlimited passes
- because of this new feature, now teams have 2 quarterbacks to make the game more exciting
- substitute the egg for a soccer ball during a field goal
>>
Wild animals on the field
>>
field boundaries marked by chained attack dogs
pit traps filled with browns fans
>>
There are a series of hoops layed out on the field in patterns stretching end zone to end zone

If you leap thru them or complete a catch jumping thru them on your routes, you get extra points added on when you score touchdowns or kick a field goal.

Every stadium has a differnet network of hoops in different strategic places.
>>
>brazilfags
>>
One guy on each team dedicated to absolutely pummeling the shit out of someone on the opposite team, no rules affect them. Think the beater role in Harry Potter's Quiddich games.

Soccer would benefit from this the most though.
>>
Lower the play clock to 25
Change overtime to be an additional quarter with the game ending if a team gains a three possession lead
Move kickoffs back to the 30
All post-touchdown plays are now performed at the opponent's 5
Get rid of the random commercial breaks, compensate greedy dickbag owners by extending the actual breaks between quarters
>>
how about stop the clock when the ball isn't in play?
>>
>>63939284
M U L T I B A L L
U
L
T
I
B
A
L
L
>>
>>63940201
This kills the clock management
>>
Play with only one team instead of this bullshit where one team has in it several sub-teams.
>>
Instead of pads cover all players with several rolls of bubble wrap
>>
>>63940201
Plays are, on average, like 10 seconds long. Playing "stop time" would give them like a million plays. Ppl would die
>>
Overtime is played in FULL, like an additional quarter but maybe not 15 minutes, maybe only 12 or 10 and it ends until the clock stops, not this score 6 point first and win, or defend and score 3 points and win etc. If still tied, another quarter and so on.
>>
>>63940795

I like watching people die as much as the next guy, but football is riddled with stops already to then have to add eulogy breaks.
>>
>>63939284
everyone can pass the ball freely
less players on the team.(8 x 8)
offside rule
No pauses every time
>>
Both the offense and defense must now try to score and defend simultaneously, and both get a ball.
>>
>>63940872
also reduce the pitch size, what is even the point
>>
After the first play each team is not allowed to go back to the sideline unless someone scores or someone is injured. Also no more downs
>>
No more passing interference calls.
Receiver can get trucked at any time
>>
just cut the fuckton of commercial breaks and its fine

watched first college game in a while this weekend and it was refreshing that they didn't cut to commercial after every fucking kick/punt return or change of possession
>>
Offense no longer calls cadence. Ball is snapped at the sound of the refs whistle. As a tradeoff, no nose guard lines up on the center, but the center can be hit after snapping the ball.
Not snapping the ball at the whistle is a flag.
Defensive touchdowns are worth 9 points instead of six.
High lows by offensive linemen are immediate grounds for ejections.
Offensive Linemen can only have a limited number of chop blocks, at three per quarter. If they chop more than that, they're ejected.
Double teams are forbidden and offensive linemen must block defensive linemen one on one like a real man instead of a pansy bitch that needs another 300lb fag to barely pull off a block. This will force offenses to use better linemen instead of fat position blocking shitstains.
Offensive Tackles are now eligible to catch passes at all times.
Quarterback Sacks are now worth 1 point each.
>>
File: 1440790733282.jpg (17 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1440790733282.jpg
17 KB, 320x320
Use Canadian rules.
>>
File: thumbkid.png (96 KB, 192x192) Image search: [Google]
thumbkid.png
96 KB, 192x192
Good thread to be honest.
>>
>>63941163
Games are already long enough, now we need to add apology times too?
>>
3 on 3
>>
>>63939296
underrated
>>
Sand and water traps
>>
>remove helmets and armor
>>
The endzone is a four foot deep pool of water
>>
there isnt much you can do about the commercials, because the alternative is just sitting there staring at them running on/off the field

i think they need to redo the overtime rules again and just make a another quarter or maybe shortened quarter. no more sudden death bullshit
>>
#fanfavorite, where people vote on their favorite player before a game and the player with the most votes doesn't get penalized for any foul they commit
>>
>>63939481
>One guy on each team dedicated to absolutely pummeling the shit out of someone on the opposite team

That role already exists in soccer, watch Eric Dier at Tottenham
>>
Less commercial breaks would fix us TV in general. I don't want to see 4 different dick pill ads in half an hour
>>
>>63944921
At least you know you can walk away to pee or get a drink. If they just start mentioning trivia like they do during the other downtimes, you don't have a sense of how long the puase will be.
>>
>>63942335
BUT NOW THE OTHER TEAM CAN KICK FIELD GOALS TOO ANON
>>
Allow for forward passes past the line of scrimmage.
>>
I once watched American football and I was shocked by all the cheating. They were picking the ball up and running with it and the referee did not even notice. Furthermore they were not even dressed properly, they looked like they were made up of motorcycle messengers and did not even bother to remove their helmets. I suppose it might have been better if they had got proper things to play with, the goalposts had bits sticking out of them like in rugby and the ball seemed to have no air in it - in any case it looked as though someone had sat on it. I have to say that it was even worse than watching Newcastle United. Until this cheating stops, I certainly won't be either watching or playing.
>>
>>63939296
Already a bunch of blacks in MLS.
>>
File: 1445792198270.png (126 KB, 402x398) Image search: [Google]
1445792198270.png
126 KB, 402x398
I know you guys are memeing but in all seriousness I honestly don't think you can fix this sport. Between the injuries and refball it's broken beyond all belief.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.