[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was anyone else annoyed by this? It looked pretty stupid to me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
Was anyone else annoyed by this? It looked pretty stupid to me.
>>
>>63932556
what, clearing the snow so people not on stadium still know roughly where the play is ?
>>
>>63932587

I think they might be digitally edited
>>
>>63932587
Everyone point and laugh at the serbian for not realizing it was digitally edited
>>
>>63932556
I found it helpful. It does nothing to the players on the field, but is a nice indicator when watching from home.
Did you not care to know what yard line they were playing from? Personally, I like an indicator of field position.
>>
>>63932597
>>63932587

that's a bit more stupid but it saves a fat-ass from actually going in there with a shovel.
>>
>>63932607
There's a tradeoff. Watching the game, hearing the call, I understood where the field position is... but it being a snow game it just killed the immersion a bit, watching from home. Part of the fun of snow games is the field being whited-out. Especially the hashmarks—those did not need to be edited
>>
Doesn't even notice

Who cares
>>
>>63932556
yeah, it's pretty silly. falls under the category of needing a light bright on the puck to help people follow NHL.

we know where the ball is, and the lines give us distance. no need to photoshop numbers.
>>
>>63932641
There wasn't really enough snow for it to be a proper white out anyway. I didn't find it jarring at all. The thick red line they use for field goal range on the other hand is a real eye sore and I can't believe the producers are still using it.
>>
>>63932836
All those lines are eyesores imo. Maybe a thinner line for first down marker—other than that, do away with 'em all i say
>>
>>63932556
I'm pretty sure they have hot water being pumped under the lines and numbers so that the snow melts over them
>>
Did the contrast between clear numbers and snow on the field fuck with your slanty chink eyes?
>>
>>63932556
Tbqmfh, Idon;t recall noticing it during the game -- but now that you point it out, yeah, there it is.

Doesnt bother me if you keep it sort of subtle, knowing where a shot is on the field is not a bad thing, that's why they put the numbers there in the first place.

As somebody else has said, if they made the various artificial lines they draw a bit thinner and less day-glo colored, that would be OK by me.
>>
>>63932821
>he thinks you can do video overlays in photoshop
>>
>>63932597
It was digital. No point clearing it up as the snow would not stop falling.
>>
>>63934560
Why don't they just pipe steam around below the lines and numbers?
>>
>>63933690
>he thinks you can't
>>
>>63932641
>but it being a snow game it just killed the immersion a bit, watching from home

Really? That's what killed your immersion? Not the announcers, the camera angles, or the commercials?
>>
>>63933633
>implying he isn't using a proxy
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.