[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this the saddest year in sports?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: RIP.jpg (619 KB, 1606x594) Image search: [Google]
RIP.jpg
619 KB, 1606x594
Was this the saddest year in sports?
>>
>seeing meme players get BTFO
>sad

reddit tbhfam
>>
>>63930696
They were all pretty obviously done last year desu
>>
Manning was never truly great in the same way Kobe and Tiger were.
>>
File: 1409812480390.jpg (37 KB, 327x367) Image search: [Google]
1409812480390.jpg
37 KB, 327x367
>>63932408
I root for the Raiders and you are incredibly wrong, he will be missed.

Hes at least as good as Kobe.
>>
>>63932454
Nice try but I have done my research on Manning. He is literally the biggest choke artist in sports history.
>>
>>63932471
Pats fan here, this man is arguably the best regular season QB in history, and though I consider Brady the GOAT QB, I would say that manning in his prime had more finesse, and touch on his passes than Brady, Brady just had the godly competitive instincts that Manning seems to lack, but Manning is in my opinion the greatest regular season QB of all time, similar to Lebron, but more likeable. When he was with the colts, they were a powerhouse, and I consider myself gifted to have been able to watch Manning and Brady play in the league against one another, as they are two of the greatest of all time.
>>
>>63932495
Regular season wins and records are meaningless.
>>
Except for the center guy
>>
>>63930696
Sorry, misread the OP

Yogi Berra dead, Manning retiring (and likely Brees too); it's up there
>>
>>63932513
>Regular season wins and records are meaningless.
So by your count Barry Sanders wasn't anything special because he only won one playoff game
>Talent means as much or more than team success in judging players, otherwise players like Barry Sanders wouldn't even be in the discussion for greatest of all time at their respective positions.
>>
>>63932513
Comments like these is why the GOAT debate will never end... Nothing against you or what you said but it always seems that people are arguing two different things. Some argue in favour of GOAT meaning those who have mastered their position. Without a doubt this is Manning a few years back in his prime. His pre-game preparation as well as the pre and post-snap abilities. The artistry of which he played the position was unparalleled.

On the other hand people argue about championships to determine who was greatest. This is all well and good for sports like tennis and golf, but can it really be done in team sports where a player, even a QB, can be carried to victory? Even Trent Dilfer won a ring... are you saying he is as good as someone like Aaron Rodgers? Don't get me wrong, Brady has come up clutch in key moments but at the same time relied on his team to get him wins - its a team sport.

Both are great quarterbacks (I'm a Falcons fan so no bias) but I'm just saying this GOAT argument seems ridiculous because both ends are arguing on different grounds.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.