[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>College is far superior to the Professional version
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9
File: pipefedora.jpg (66 KB, 750x751) Image search: [Google]
pipefedora.jpg
66 KB, 750x751
>College is far superior to the Professional version
>>
>>63930374
>Watching a league where the players don't get paid but the coach is the highest paid public employee in the state

Disgusting
>>
For basketball? Talent-wise, no. From a spectator's perspective, yes.

Not at all that way for football though
>>
File: godhathnomercy.jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
godhathnomercy.jpg
21 KB, 400x400
>>63930374
>guaranteed replies
>>
>>63930404
>From a spectator's perspective
Oh boy, I love watching these college kids airball wide open 3s and not playing defense
>>
>>63930415
>NBA
>playing defense

uwotm8

There are more talented defenders in the NBA but it doesn't matter because there are ten million more fouls called. That and because college players are so much worse, some semblance of teamwork is required to win games between evenly matched teams. As opposed to the NBA where apart from 2 or 3 teams the offensive strategy is gib biggish guy ball and have him charge in like a stampeding bull to be awarded a foul
>>
>>63930400
>coaches
>public employees
aren't all the top colleges private institutions?
>>
>>63930439
You really don't watch the NBA, do you? Did you get so mad at LeBron that you quit watching the league entirely?
>>
>>63930453
Not really in the U.S., no.

Unless you fall for the meme that the Ivies are still top schools and not slipping fast. Northwestern, Stanford, Notre Dame, and Vanderbilt (I think) are private. That's about it; our other top ranked schools (Michigan, Wisconsin, Cal-Berkley, UCLA, UVA, Georgia Tech, Illinois, etc.)

And when it comes to sports, almost all of the top schools are public with a few notable exceptions (duke, Notre dame, Stanford)
>>
>>63930478
I've never really had an NBA team so I can't say I'm mad at lebron, no.

I grew up in Illinois during the Michael Jordan years. I cared then and still care about Illini basketball. Never gave a shit about the Bulls.
>>
File: college.jpg (50 KB, 600x493) Image search: [Google]
college.jpg
50 KB, 600x493
>>63930374
Does anyone really say this about anything other than college basketball?
>>
>>63930491
>>63930453
I feel like he meant in football.

USC and Notre Dame are private and Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Texas are public.
>>
>>63930500
If you never watched the NBA then how did you come up with that explanation for how every team runs their offense?
>>
>>63930509
Football for sure. I'm not sure if it's the majority but there are definitely a ton of people that think so.
>>
>>63930518
>not caring about a team means I never tried watching it

'No'

I'm pointing out that when I was a kid and gave the NBA a shot, I was in watching in the greatest possible time to be an Illinois resident. And still it was boring, even in the sports' supposed golden age. These days I'll flip it on to have it on in the background every now and again but it's just too boring to watch on its own, like baseball
>>
>>63930509
I like college basketball because scoring is scarcer so games end up 70-72 instead of 100-110.

Also it is way cheaper
>>
>>63930547
Weird how you found it boring even back then when fouls weren't nearly as common and the game was completely different. Maybe you just got used to watching one league when you were young and invented reasons for not watching the other one later on?

In any case, for someone who's watched both pro and college basketball objectively, college is literally unwatchable in comparison. The talent level is just so low that the level of strategy and play has to be decreased out of necessity. It's like trying to watch high school basketball.
>>
>>63930374
Not superior, but damn sure more entertaining. For football at least.
>>
File: 1369878122268.jpg (47 KB, 600x443) Image search: [Google]
1369878122268.jpg
47 KB, 600x443
Ive come around on college football recently.

The thing is that not every team has roughly the same strength at every position, which means legitimate strategy comes into play in exploiting the real mismatches, which leads to the shitty teams beating the good teams as a result of sound strategy and execution rather than blind luck.

Im not saying its better than the NFL, but I have shat on college football for a long time, and I am starting to see why people like it.

Plus theres always a good game on. There may be 8 shitty games on, but there is always one good one, which means that if you are a fan of the sport and not just your team, there is always something good to watch.
>>
> i didn't go to college, so I don't understand why people are excited about collegiate sports
>>
>>63930663
>not every team has roughly the same strength at every position
What are you smoking? Do you even pay attention during NFL games?
>>
>>63930439
>>63930605
There are actually fewer fouls per game in the NBA now than there have been in a long time. Per Basketball Reference, in 1985, there were 24.9 fouls per game. In 1995, 23.4. In 2005, 22.6. And last year there were 20.2. This year it's at 20.5, though obviously the season is incomplete.
>>
>>63930684
comparatively the differences in the nfl are nothing

thats why every team runs roughly the same offense

>OH MY GOD THEY DONT RUN THE SAME OFFENSE DO YOU EVEN WATCH THE NFL

fundamentally, yes, they do
>>
It is way more exciting to watch college football/basketball. Is the product better? No, but there are way less commercials and the fans care more giving a more electric and exciting atmosphere.

When I was younger I liked pro sports, but as I got older I enjoyed the college sports more. The NBA compared to college basketball is not even comparable in terms of entertainment. March Madness is better than the NBA playoffs, and the regular season in college is way more interesting than the NBA.
>>
>>63930719
>thats why every team runs roughly the same offense
This is how I know you don't pay attention when watching sports. You are seriously making the statement that college football offenses are more diverse than NFL ones.
>>
>>63930742
its nice because college teams dont tank for draft picks
>>
File: 1371358464959.png (16 KB, 538x396) Image search: [Google]
1371358464959.png
16 KB, 538x396
>>63930752
>You are seriously making the statement that college football offenses are more diverse than NFL ones.

Suggesting they arent is either trolling or factually wrong. Pick one.
>>
people who like college sports while not attending the college are some of the stupidest most worthless people alive
>>
File: bakersfeel.png (119 KB, 547x717) Image search: [Google]
bakersfeel.png
119 KB, 547x717
>>63930808
>graduate from SDSU
>get qt apartment a close to the university
>I am supposed to drive 200 miles to see my alma maters baseball and soccer teams play instead of supporting the cheap tickets in my new home
>>
File: 1429316163566.jpg (20 KB, 333x333) Image search: [Google]
1429316163566.jpg
20 KB, 333x333
>>63930374
"superior" is subjective in this case. it's definitely more entertaining and what's the point of watching sports if not to be entertained?
>>
>>63930785
Seems like you really don't pay any attention then. The vast majority of college football offenses are typical spread offenses dictated to the players from the sidelines. The offense will usually be designed around a couple big wide receivers and a mobile QB. Even with just that simple description, I've described nearly every college offense, but only maybe a quarter of NFL offenses.
>>
>>63930742
this is why the little league world series is the GOAT baseball to watch.
>>
>>63930885
No slippery slope arguments anon. I am not arguing high school or pop warner is more entertaining than the NFL, just college.

Plus, baseball is a boring sport to watch. It is more of an event you go to hang out with family at the game.
>>
File: 1361948788747.jpg (102 KB, 640x835) Image search: [Google]
1361948788747.jpg
102 KB, 640x835
>>63930873
"No."
>>
I like watching Marquette win the Big Sky Conference every year

other than that college sports can suck it
>>
Northern Mississippi Tech State, has BY FAR, the more superior team than Northern Mississippi State Tech of US; even though the schedule has them not playing each other until week 15 at the Olive Garden Fiesta Horticulture Bowl
>>
Nothing can match the atmosphere at college rivalry games and it's impossible to care about a professional team as much as your alma mater if you went to a school with good athletic programs. When Michigan State won the NCAA tournament in 2000 we partied for 2 weeks straight. When the Pistons won in 2004 was nice and all but nothing to go streaking throughout downtown over.
>>
>>63930785
good bait
>>
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.