[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quick question? If Messi is to be considered the best ever, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5
File: ronaldo.jpg (85 KB, 634x421) Image search: [Google]
ronaldo.jpg
85 KB, 634x421
Quick question? If Messi is to be considered the best ever, and Ronaldo has had seasons where they are both in their primes and has won the Ballon D'or over Messi, how could he not be considered the second best to ever live?
>>
I know it's bait but whatever.

Because being the best ever doesn't mean you're the best in the world for every single season that you played. And if you look at the 3 years where Ronaldo won it you'll see that
>2008 - Messi was a 20 year old baby
>2013 - Ronaldo won only because the voting deadline was extended after he memed on Sweden
>2014 - Messi was injured for half of the year
So he only wins when Messi is too young, too injured or when FIFA pulls out some voting shenanigans.
>>
>>63925862
>when FIFA pulls out some voting shenanigans
Isn't that how everyone wins the ballon d'or, half the time its only barcelona madrid and one player from munich in the running
>>
>>63925862
>Messi was a 20 year old baby

I like how this is used as an argument. But at the same time people will be quick to bring up how amazing he was at just 18 years old and all the trophies he won as a kid.

I guess what you meant to say is that it was too early in his career so he hadn't been marketed enough to swing votes in his favor.

>Messi was injured for half of the year

Because he's guaranteed to have won it if he wasn't injured, right?
>>
>>63925681
it all pollitics anyway, neither of those fucks should be considered best of all time, there is no such thing, but one thing is for certain, maradroga is leagues ahead away from both those pussies combined.
>>
>>63925970
Messi is hardly marketable as a person. Obviously as a player he is and he earns that.

Penaldo is a result of marketing.
>>
>>63925957
>Isn't that how everyone wins the ballon d'or
But the rules are always the same and the only time they got altered was when Ronaldo needed some extra votes to win.

>>63925970
> But at the same time people will be quick to bring up how amazing he was at just 18 years old and all the trophies he won as a kid.
How's that relevant? He was amazing at 18 for an 18 year old. He wasn't even close to approaching his best at 18-20.

>I guess what you meant to say is that it was too early in his career so he hadn't been marketed enough to swing votes in his favor.
I meant to say was that it was too early in his career to be the world's best player. And Ronaldo is 100x more marketable than Messi ever was

>Because he's guaranteed to have won it if he wasn't injured, right?
No but it pretty much took him out of the running and Ronaldo won by default
>>
>>63926010
I don't understand how people don't consider Messi GOAT
you can't say his football isn't enjoyable to watch
you can't say he doesn't have the stats
what is he missing?
>>
>>63926395
>what is he missing

What do you think?
>>
Ronaldo had maybe 1 season where he was arguably better than Messi and that was back in 2008 when he was with Manure. 2013 was basically shady voting where they extended the vote after he beat Swedlel with a hat trick and 2014 for getting credit for winning the CL even though Bale, Ramos, Modric and Di Maria did most of the work
>>
>>63926395
he's too much of a "product" and he's over hyped as shit, he lacks leadership and he has no balls (which is slightly related to the latter). He's good though, and talented as only a few football players can be. Stats mean shit in a corrupt environment.

Today more than ever is the sports world a joke in terms of credibility as far as the "greatest athletes of the world" concept is concerned.
>>
>>63926436
he has brought Argentina to the finals of almost every tournament, he can't do everything on his own
>>
>>63926550
>chilel saying this

He is the GOAT not just because of stats but because he literally does impossible movements with the ball almost every time he plays and makes it look seamless and easy. No one has his technique as perfected as him and no one has been able to become so important and vital for his team as creator and goal scorer at such a high level.
>>
Every day that passes my regard for Ronaldo drops. Maybe /sp/ has corrupted my mind but now all I can see is a greedy selfish player that scores tap ins and penalties.

I'd probably have him as 4th GOAT after Messi, Maradona and fat Ron
>>
>>63926957
yeah right, it's cool to 12 years old and to play lots of PES. Just keep buying whatever shit they put his face or name on m8, it's working great.
>>
>>63925862
>2013 was a travesty
Ribery should've won that one
>>
Fucking neymar should win this year. His form right now is better than le tap in guy aka Cristiano. Messi is definitely well deserved too (that dribbling against bilbao). But the truth is, it's just turned into the "messi or ronaldo" award.

Also if you use ballon'dor as a tool to measure the best player and even messi vs. Ronaldo, you don't know shit about football
>>
>>63927049
>tf

>tt

Go stick a finger up your anus, desu
>>
>>63926550
Stop posting.
>>
>>63927049
>fucking Chile saying messi is overrated

Chileans confirmed retard cesspool. Don't reply to people saying blatantly stupid shit like this because its either
a) bait
or
b) a retard
>>
>>63925970
I would say Ronaldo was better because he didn't get himself injured then. The better player is the one who can actually play, not the guy on the sideline.
>>
>>63925681
Ronaldo is faster/stronger/more skilled than Messi. Messi is a slow, weak manlet. Hell, if middleschoolers can run a faster 100m than you, you aren't an athlete.
>>
>>63925681
How do you even say this word family?

>balloon door?
>>
>>63926550
>he lacks leadership and he has no balls

>khan confirmed for goat gk

c'mon man
>>
>>63926550
>>63927049
>being this arrogant after winning their first refballed trophy

Jesus christ Jara, please stop memeing around.
>>
there's too much bait in this thread
>>
>>63927186

>2015
>not fluent in french
>>
lmfao at all these little babies getting triggered, watch videos of old school fooball you underaged cunts, and see what players like maradona had to endure to do the shit they did, these bitches today get everything handed to them in silver platters, aside from getting the leagues rigged and being protected so they can do those cute dribbles that you faggots fap about.
>>
>>63927141
>I would say Ronaldo was better because he didn't get himself injured then. The better player is the one who can actually play, not the guy on the sideline.
Technically yes, and he won it fair and square but he didn't quite "beat" Messi, Messi just didn't show up to the fight.

Was Dan Orlovsky a better QB than Peyton Manning in 2011?

Manning was out for the entire year and Orlovsky was on the field so technically yes but if you look at the bigger picture you see that it doesn't really mean much.

>>63927299
Go to bed, grandpa
>>
No one on /sp/ knows anything about the sport

Every conversation is as fruitless as a tomato garden
>>
>>63927318
>Technically yes, and he won it fair and square but he didn't quite "beat" Messi, Messi just didn't show up to the fight.

Not quite right, Messi got knocked out of the fight.

>Was Dan Orlovsky a better QB than Peyton Manning in 2011?
Yes, if you can't help your team, you are of no use.

That does mean something. Longetivity and consistency matters. If you can't keep healthy, then you aren't the best, period. Especially when we are talking specific timeframes.
>>
>>63927299
you are over rating a bit the "old school football", but i'm with you in that messi isn't better than maradona.
The only way for messi to equal or surpass maradona is with a WC.
>>
>>63927391
>Messi got knocked out of the fight.
Not by Ronaldo though. A real knockout victory is this year when Messi was better than Ronaldo in literally every aspect of football.

>Yes, if you can't help your team, you are of no use.
I agreed with that, but it still comes with a caveat of your opponent being unable to play

>>63927376
Tomatoes are fruit
>>
>>63925862
>only because the voting deadline was extended

Not the first time it happened, not enough people voted, plain and simple, he was clearly the best player that year so there's really no issue

>Messi was injured half the year

False, and Ronaldo missed almost as many games as he did and played through injury

Of course this board doesn't even bother with reason and is just a giant Reddit circlejerk so there's no point in even further wasting time, your argument is inherently biased with that first point
>>
>>63927490
>Not the first time it happened
Show me one more instance where voting rules were changed during the voting process and I'll admit he won the 2013 one fair and square.
>>
>>63927478
He knocked himself out. He made himself unable to play. If you are too stupid to keep healthy, you are a worse player than every other healthy player that year. Which is exactly what happened. Messi was worse that year since he was slower, weaker, less skilled, than everyone healthy on the field.
>>
File: 1445569495851giv.gif (325 KB, 498x574) Image search: [Google]
1445569495851giv.gif
325 KB, 498x574
Just a couple of weak cunts. Makes me fucking sick seeing these two ornaments. Fucking degenerates.
>>
the only time Donald won it over Messi fair and square was when Messi was out for weeks with hamstring injury, the FIFA extension to include Donalds extra qualifying games was bullshit considering Messi finished 1st in world cup qualifying and was punished for it.
>>
>>63925681
Cause even when ronaldo won, the argument was:
"messi is a better player, but ronaldo had a better year."
usually due to barcelona fucking up or messi being injured. on field, you can't compare them. messi wins games on his own, ronaldo scores goals on already wonned games.
>>
No. At no point has Ronaldo ever been as good as Messi. He may have had periods where he was in better form, but as player he has never and will never come close. You can easily see that by just watching both.

Also the Ballon d'Or isn't a good judge of who's GOAT, since non-europeans weren't eligible for the award before 1995.
>>
Please, Ronaldo wouldn't even make it into top 5, maybe not even top 10. There are hordes of players who were better at their position then Ronaldo is at his.

Neuer, Messi, Ronaldo, Maradona, Maldini, Xavi, Zidane, Baresi, Cruyff etc.
>>
>>63932865
blame hipster french journalists, fifa's award was much better.
>>
Reminder that the Daily Mail cannot physically remove Ronaldo's dick from their mouth

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3339437/Cristiano-Ronaldo-win-Ballon-d-year-row-stats-prove-it.html
>>
File: 1435667623125.gif (785 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
1435667623125.gif
785 KB, 240x228
>>63932976
>>
>>63932976

lol wtf, did one of his teenage fanboys write this?
>>
>>63926395

>what is he missing?

A can of Sprite
>>
File: 1448904600666.png (33 KB, 787x304) Image search: [Google]
1448904600666.png
33 KB, 787x304
>>63932976
>This is real
>>
>>63933101
he's got a point
>>
>>63933115
>Messi is a very good striker.
Thats the only right thing.
>>
>>63933115
Everything is wrong, what the fuck are you smoking faggot? Ronaldo's dick?
>>
>>63933101
replace CR7 with Messi and vice versa
>>
Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro GOIH (born 5 February 1985), known as Cristiano Ronaldo (Poortuguese pronunciation: [kɾɨʃtiˈɐnu ʁuˈnaɫdu]), is a Poortuguese professional footballer
>Poortuguese
>being the best at something
>>
>>63933101
they have football threads in imdb?
>>
>>63934634
your not killing entire civilizations anymore portugal you are never going to be relevant again unless you kill some niggers
>>
>>63933115
he's wrong about nearly everything holy shit

the only relevant point is that barca feed him the ball, but the same is true of donaldo

plus why wouldn't they
>>
>>63932976
Daily Mail's sports section are all written by Manure shitters.

Who all hate pre-klopp Liverpool, Chelsea and Mourinho, and need to make up some inane bullshit every week against them.

All this while shitting out 20 meaningless articles a year about "10/20/50 best Manure players", "why ferguson is the best coach ever" "irrelevant Manure player's Manure XI", "this former manure player took a shit in his backyard this week", etc etc
>>
Zidane >messi >>>>>>donaldo

*wink*
>>
Donaldo was never better than messi. Right now he is a top 50 player. The reason he won is because the people who vote know jackshit about football. There are footballers who have admitted in the past not regularly watching football
>>
chile posts should officially be ignored. they keep hyping their shit tier goons(vidal) as top players, when their only good player is sanchez and he only blossomed after playing with barcelona.
>>
fuck I'm not going to read this shitty thread

missi drones and donaldo drones are the absolute worst
>>
>>63932865
>Neuer mentioned next to those names
>>
File: Messi_injuries_2013.jpg (941 KB, 1286x1065) Image search: [Google]
Messi_injuries_2013.jpg
941 KB, 1286x1065
>>63927490
>>
>>63933101
That is a troll
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.