[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Thrash on the ground, yelling in pain like your knee was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 8
File: 86776676767.jpg (21 KB, 350x302) Image search: [Google]
86776676767.jpg
21 KB, 350x302
>Thrash on the ground, yelling in pain like your knee was blown apart for a good couple minutes
>Everyone is super worried, the mighty GRONK just got injured and it looked severe.
>lol jk just a bruise guise
Wtf is wrong with this guy? Man, does he have a career in acting after his career ends.
>>
>Up 21-17 driving to ice game before injury
>Theatrics make it look season ending
>Brady looks like he wants to die
>Air is sucked out of Patriots
>Lose

LITERALLY cost them the game.
>>
>>63923659
does someone have a webm or gif of the injury?
>>
He probably just wanted to go inside. It looked cold out

Maybe he was hungry or wanted to ride around on the injury cart
>>
>>63923659
Niggas knee looked hyperextended on the replay at least.

If you played sports you know how terriying that is. I havent torn anything, but if I had a past injury and felt a hyperextension, I'd be legit fearful for my career and health.
>>
>>63923727
>ME GWONK
>ME WIKEY THE VOOM VOOM CART
>>
File: 220px-Media_55.gif (12 KB, 220x254) Image search: [Google]
220px-Media_55.gif
12 KB, 220x254
>mfw patsfags whine about their team not being a 100%
>Denver had more injured starters
>>
an injury can cause a lot of immediate pain without being serious, likewise it can cause very little immediate pain but prove to be season ending.

Example:
>be Joe Flacco last week
>tear ACL
>cringe slightly and run it off
>finish the game
>be out for a year
And now try to have someone knee you in the thigh muscle. If they hit you right you'll drop on the floor and won't get up for 5 minutes but the next day you'll be just fine with a bruise on your leg
>>
>>63923760
He was grazed
FUCKING GRAZED by a helmet
Went down like the biggest bitch ever and cried

just like the '11 season
>>
>>63923783
>Edelman
>Amendola
>Lewis
>Gronk
> Dobson
>solder
>Wendell
>martin
>hightower
stfu you autist
>>
>>63924382
Pretty sure most of those faggots could easily suit up if you injected them with a few pain killers.

Patriots confirmed for baby team who can't play through torn ligaments and broken bones.
>>
>>63923789
What this anon said. Believe it or not, ACL injuries often don't hurt all that much. If the knee buckles, it hurts like hell, but if it stays stable it's a fairly mild pain. Gronk basically got a charlie horse from a roided up giganigga, which hurts like fuck.
>>
>>63923762
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BpP2De1B_xs
>>
>>63924542
They just don't make football players like they used to

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000285834/article/pro-bowl-flashback-friday-jack-youngbloods-broken-leg
>>
Lmao at all these autists who have never done anything physical in their lives. Any kind of knee pain is extremely uncomfortable and usually feels worse than it is
>>
>>63924675
Not to mention the anxiety you feel. Most knee tears take 6 months to even get back to a fairly stable and pain-free point, let alone being able to run and cut on it. Gronk knows that, as he has gone through tons of injuries. That is why he freaked the fuck out. The same thing happened with my MCL. I tore it while jumping my jet ski like a dumbass. The pain fucking sucked, but the frustration and anxiety was easily the worst part, knowing it could be life-changing. And I don't make a time-constrained living based upon my physical health.

And nailing your knee cap that hard hurts pretty fucking bad, too.
>>
>ITT: people that have never taken a shot to the knee

It can be some serious pain at first and with Gronk recently tearing his ACL would of course be worried that it got messed up again
>>
>>63924675
>>63925093
I've dislocated my kneecap before. It's an injury that combines all the worst parts of muscle strains, bone injuries, and ligament sprains/tears. It's pretty damn terrifying to have that kind of pain in a joint. I can sympathize with Gronk basically taking a helmet to the kneecap. He had to be thinking of a broken kneecap, dislocated kneecap, torn ACL, etc.
>>
>2:40 left
>1st and 10 from your own 40
>up by 4
>opponent only has 2 timeouts
>don't run the ball at all
>>
>>63924675
>>63925093
>>63925342
>>63925348
I'm sorry your hero is bitch made
>>
>>63925597
They were gettin stuffed, family.

Whereas they were cuttin us up thru the air.
>>
File: pOC62wM.jpg (76 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
pOC62wM.jpg
76 KB, 600x600
>undefeated season is on the line
>primetime football
>all eyes on you
>know you'll get the bulk of the defense's attention
>fake an injury to avoid getting lit up, or the possibility of choking and dropping a pass
>>
File: test.jpg (893 KB, 2441x3270) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
893 KB, 2441x3270
>>63923659
Have you considered that maybe he's just a gigantic pussy and bruised knees really DO cause him to writhe in pain?
>>
>>63925597
>Blount up the middle for 2 yards
>Denver timeout
>Blount up the middle for no gain
>Denver timeout
>draw for Bolden for 1 yard
>punt at the 2 minute warning
>Denver starts with 1:55 remaining
The only difference would be lack of time for Patriots game tying drive
>>
>>63925649
You still run the ball dipshit. They won't have as much time to drive, even if you get stuffed. Either that or they burn timeouts.

It's big boy football.
>>
>tfw running and defense still is the best recipe for bad weather games

Thank the football gods
>>
>>63925752
>undefeated season is on the line

Stopped right there. Gronk playing the game out on a possibly injured knee, costing the Pats the season + playoffs so they can keep a perfect record is retarded.
>>
>>63925780
Why don't you write a letter to Bill? Why is your brilliant football mind wasting away on 4chan?
>>
I'm glad to know that every poster on /sp/ is some kind of iron man superhuman that can take immense amounts of pain without even flinching. I bet you all could be professional athletes too. You just have better things to do.
>>
>>63925847
It's not brilliant. Just saying they wouldn't have caught that L

Everyone makes mistakes bruh
>>
>>63925836
If he stayed in, the Pats have more than double the percentage chance to win the game. He couldn't handle the pressure.
>>
>>63925832
>tfw running at a defense without its two best linebackers and playing defense against two healthy WRs with a healthy dose of refball still is the best recipe for bad weather games
FTFY
>>
>>63925883
They would have lost in regulation. See >>63925768
>>
>>63925903
Denver lost defensive players too. Up front, even.
>>
>>63923659
You realize there's a positive relationship between the amount of pain one is experiencing with their size, right? Not even joking, google it.
>>
apparently if you get hit in the right spot on your knee you can lose feeling in your leg
>>
>>63925922
Thats assuming too much shit. They could have gotten a first down running, and Denver with less timeouts is probably slightly different on offense.

It was easily the safest bet
>>
>>63923795
God I'd almost pay money to see a picture of the dweeby faggot typing this shit.
>>
>>63925946
This. I got hit in the knee cap in the same fashion as gronk back in high school. It first felt like my e tire leg cramped up and then I couldn't feel it anymore. Ended up having a huge bruise on the front of my knee
>>
>>63923659
You are Salty
>>
>>63923783
The difference is the Patriots get worse when they lose starters.
Broncos actually get better when you take Payton out.
>>
>>63923659
just ask him out op
>>
>>63925979
>They could have gotten a first down running
kek

KEK

K E K

K - E - K
>>
As much as I wanted to blame the refs, I thought more about it and realized:

Pats completely blew it. All they had to do was score a TD in overtime and they completely blew it. That had nothing to do with the refs. Not only that, their defense completely blew it immediately afterwards - that also had nothing to do with the refs.

It was refball up until overtime but when overtime came around the Pats had every opportunity to win the game and they blew it
>>
>dive egg

i don't think this semen slurping sport is for me tbch
>>
>>63925979
>They could have gotten a first down running
Are you fucking kidding me? Blount had 25 yards on 9 carries and Bolden had something like 10 yards on 4 carries. 3 runs would've been effectively 3 kneeldowns
>>
>patsfags can't handle bantz
>GRONK IS TOUGHER THAN YOU
Kek
>>
>>63925979
THAT'S assuming too much shit.

Pats had 39 yards on 16 attempts, but somehow the running game would have finally worked on that final drive

They also could have gotten a touchdown on a long running play, onside kicked it, gotten another touchdown, then onside kicked it again for a go ahead touchdown after chandler stiffarms the entire defense 4 times. In fact, on that play, he could have gotten to the 1 yard line, walked back to his endzone just so he could stiff-arm the entire team again.
>>
>>63926037
They still have to burn timeouts, and it's really just one first down that screws them over.

Man the fuck up like a championship team
>>
>>63923659
Actually had a less assholish conversation about this today with my brother, who played college ball and got a deep knee bruise -- he said it hurt worse than anything else that ever happened to him.

Not sure what all else happened to him, but anyway it hurt like fuck.

Me, I can't stand the Past, but Gronk seems a bro, I wish him well.
>>
lol what a huge pussy
>>
Make Denver blow those timeouts and march the field with a running clock. Running was the right call.
>>
>>63925646
I'm sorry you're making fun of a literal god on an image board, faggot
>>
>>63926055
It's a hell of a lot better than letting Von have a chance at the pass rush you dumb ass.

I don't care how many yards. You won't get any by ditching it the way they've done this year. Running game only gets better when you get the chance to keep doing it.
>>
>>63926134
>march the field
K E K
kek
KEK
K-E-K
k - e - k
>>
Gronk is a meme player more than JJ Watt. At least Watt is a fucking lumberjack. Gronk is a closet fag.
>>
The Pats will get fucked by abandoning the run the way they have. Last year still had some big games in the playoffs. The shit they're pulling this year works against most teams but won't against really good defenses, even IF Brady still puts up numbers, they'd be better off if some of that we're on the ground

But young bandwagoning pats fans wouldn't understand.
>>
>>63923659
One of his friends is a wrestler with WWE, on their developmental/rookie show. Gronk has appeared in the crowd a few times on this show.

Just making a start on his career change
>>
>>63926153
>Running game only gets better when you get the chance to keep doing it.
>le we have to establish the run meme
You'd be more of a Mick McCarthy than a Bill Belichick.

When you have a bad O-line, an average at best running back and are up against a top 3 rushing defense then I don't care how many times you're going to run it, you won't suddenly start getting 5ypc on them just because you kept trying.

>>63926291
>Last year still had some big games in the playoffs.
That's a big fat lie. The only big game the running game had was vs Clots god awful rush defense. They had 60 yards on 3.0 ypc vs Seattle and 14 yards on 13 attempts vs Baltimore (this is not a typo, it is literally the record for a play off win with the least rushing yards. They won in the play offs by passing teams to death and abandoning the run

>But young bandwagoning pats fans wouldn't understand.
at least I watch them play. If you claim that they had some big games rushing in the play offs then you obviously don't
>>
I got the feeling that he was more super upset that he was injured because he knew it would be the game.

otherwise I agree with
>>63923789
>>
>>63926498
I'm going to second this, I saw it as a lot of anger, as he knew he was going to miss the rest of the game and that it would hurt his team. Grint loves to play football, and I can imagine it would really bother him to go out and in his mind, maybe cost his team the game. This combined with an injury, the cold likely making it hurt more, is just icing on the cake.
>>
>>63925890

>Let's play one of our best players on an injured knee to maintain a perfect record when the next best team in the division is 6-5.
>>
>>63923789
This
Case in point, Aaron Rodgers smacking his elbow on the helnet of a defender on thankgiving. Ran off the field, freaking out, only to find out he just smacked his funny bone and was okay

Also it was freezing cold, thats gonna make it feel like it hurts so much worse.
>>
>>63923727
SNOW DAY
>>
File: 1447931197112.gif (1 MB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1447931197112.gif
1 MB, 499x499
>>63924382

>Denver played without Ward, Ware and their starting NT
>Brady still couldn't move the ball, even with Gronk
>>
File: 1423992259710.jpg (69 KB, 498x668) Image search: [Google]
1423992259710.jpg
69 KB, 498x668
>>63930153

>320 yard and 3 touchdowns
>couldn't move the ball
>>
>>63930153
wow 3 starters out and somehow delusional denver fans still think thats more significant than all these people out >>63924382
>>
>>63926193
>Gronk is a closet fag.
Well at least you would recognise that trait I guess .
>>
>>63926193
Watt's a closet fag too
>>
>>63926291
>The Pats will get fucked by abandoning the run the way they have.
they didn't run the ball once in the second half of the super bowl
>>
>>63930177

>drivechart

>47 yards, half the yards on 1 play
>2 yards
>38 yards
>15 yards
>8 yards
>18 yards
>31 yards
>9 yards
>13 yards
>65 yards on the final drive without Gronk

Wow he was doing great, anon

>>63930228

Ware and Ward are arguably Denver's two best players on defense. Ware has been unblockable when he's played this year
>>
>>63923659
Him and Ronda rousey will have def have a rom com together in their near future
>>
>>63930277
And they probably would've lost the same way they did last night if Butler didn't bail them out on the last play of the game.
>>
contusions hurt like fucking hell, and if you get hit in a sweet spot like directly on the knee joint your brain is going to automatically assume you've just had a life threatening injury

all you bitch niggas who think he could walk it off are fucking retarded pillow soft idiots who are confirmed never played contact sports

ps I hate the Patriots that's just a physiological fact
>>
>>63924382
Any one can be a star receiver when Brady is throwing to them.
>>
>>63930308
>defense gets memed on with deep throws all night
>no name receiver without a catch gets 120 yards and 1 TD
>give up another miracle catch to Kearse
>finally produce a clutch stop
>hurr durr bailed out by defense
>>
>>63924382
Honestly Wendell doesn't count. Putting him on IR was Bill's way of thanking him for his service, but you can include Tarrell brown and his fucking subsequent replacement, Justin Coleman.
>>
>>63925646
I'm sorry you take out your anger on a Micronesian beadcraft forum. Try exercise; it's good for the soul.
>>
The only thing I blame for this loss is Harper's muffed punt. That's a mistake that cannot be made on the road against a good team, period. We had the game in the bag until Harper dropped it.
>>
File: pierce-injuryx.jpg (32 KB, 245x351) Image search: [Google]
pierce-injuryx.jpg
32 KB, 245x351
>>63923659
Yeah, who the fuck does he think he is? Paul Pierce?
>>
>>63930668

that won me my fantasy game this week. if he doesnt muff the pats go into run and punt mode and brady doesnt score 23 pts
>>
>>63926472
Denver has had a mediocre running game all season, and went against the number 1 rushing defense statistically and ran all over them
>>
>>63930962
And Denver couldn't do shit on the ground when they actually faced the number 1 rushing defense but then Hightower went down.

>Broncos rushing before Hightower injury
15 attempts, 43 yards, 0 TDs, 2,8ypc

>Broncos rushing after Hightower injury
17 attempts, 136 yards, 3 TDs, 8ypc

If by "establish the run" you mean keep running until you injure opponent's best run defender then I agree, it might work.
>>
>>63925768
Or you know, Broncos would need to rush more and be more likely to make mistake because they no longer get the two minute warning and a timeout.
>>
>>63931048
Can't wait to see them go up against a competent run game like Carolina Hightower or not.
>>
>>63931071
Bills have a top 5 run game, Patriots faced them twice. Steelers have a top 10 run game, Patriots faced them.
>>
>>63931048
>hightower is #1 rushing defense!1!
pats just couldnt handle being in the brocky mountians, see you in the afccg, patsfag. spoilers: we gonna fuck you up more
>>
File: 1448779171637.png (82 KB, 217x250) Image search: [Google]
1448779171637.png
82 KB, 217x250
>>63931113
Whatever you say.

Patriots let their play on the field do the talking.

Bye bye now
>>
>>63925996
Im 6'6 240 lbs but thanks for trying. I also tore my ACL in Division 3 ball and walked off the field on my own. Stay bitchmade.
>>
>>63931113
Hightower and Collins actually. Both were out.

>see you in the afccg, patsfag
>you
I don't play for the Patriots m8
>>
>>63931092
Probably is they know the Bills and the Foot Coach is only good at playing spoiler to the Pats in the playoffs. Steelers rely more on the Arieal game as long as Rapistburger head is still attached to his neck.

Neither of those team have a duel threat QB either where he can slip out and make a run himself like Newton since the main attack plan is to keep the QB in the pocket while doing near DPI to disrupt the receivers.
>>
>>63931149
>Neither of those team have a duel threat QB either where he can slip out and make a run himself like Newton
Have you like, seen Bills play at all this season? Because Taylor averages just 6 rushing yards per game less than Newton and does it on more ypc
>>
Patriots' legacy: Cheated and popularized flopping in the NFL.
>>
I was looking for this thread when I heard the injury results.

Fucking bruise? Are you kidding me? After that bitch rolled around for 5 minutes crying and screaming? Jesus, I actually literally liked this guy considering he was a pats fag, but now, it is clear, all of 'em are bitches.
>>
>>63931222
Talyor chokes under pressure if you ever watch him.
>>
>>63930337
>oops bumped my knee
>OMG I'M GONNA DIE
>>
>>63930337
>if you get hit in a sweet spot like directly on the knee joint your brain is going to automatically assume you've just had a life threatening injury

>knee
>life threatening injury

Your brain is stupid
>>
>>63930668
>Harper's muffed punt.

Probably caused Peyton Manning's retirement, Tobey Honestfam
>>
>>63923659
what do you expect from a virgin?
>>
>>63924662

dude was a beast.
>>
>>63926032
This. The Pats had their chance to win it in OT. The refball put them in that situation but once they were there they had their chance & couldn't make the plays.
>>
>>63931143
You are a lying pile of shit.
>>
>>63931143
>6'6"
>240
>played Division III ball
>on 4chan

and I'm a crossdimensional space lizard
>>
>>63923659
He's a crybrady drama queen like the pats fan base. Literally cost them the game.
>>
>>63931245
Technically, if it was just flopping, he'd op up after either getting the penalty called or it becoming clear it was not going to get called.

Normally flopping does not involve leaving the field for the rest of the game, and then missing a few more.
>>
After all the injuries that Gronk has been through recently, I'm sure he thought that his leg was annihilated. Prolly feels embarrassed that it turns out he just got a penis cut.
>>
>>63930055
6-5 is tom's regular season record against the broncos ;^)

this includes the years josh mcdummy was pretending to be a head coach
>>
>>63923789
Uh, Flacco said he was in serious pain, he just didn't roll around on the ground like a pussy.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.