[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FanKings and DraftDuel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: DraftKings.jpg (382 KB, 1352x935) Image search: [Google]
DraftKings.jpg
382 KB, 1352x935
Aight, are places like this shit and Fanduel legitimate? Anybody try any of these things?
>>
They are, it's far smarter and cheaper to just play fantasy for free with your friends and bet on it, John Oliver did a good video about them, don't expect them to,be around much longer, they're literally gambling sites
>>
>>63916136
shill somewhere else, shill
>>
File: 1352082541593.jpg (85 KB, 490x472) Image search: [Google]
1352082541593.jpg
85 KB, 490x472
>>63916136

I play basketball contests on DK and love it. Damn near won 5000 dollars the other day but the Golden State memes put Draymond back in a blowout game just so he could get a triple double.

My advice. Only play contests in a sport that you really enjoy, because the only way to be good is to do daily research and understand what every team is doing. And start out in cheap games, free games (w/no prize, just for practice, and in beginner contests. There is a learning curve and you will undoubtedly suck at first.
>>
>>63916164
>don't expect them to,be around much longer
Every sports league and most major television networks have shares in them. As corporations rule America they definitely wont be going anywhere
>>
>>63916164

They'll be here for good. These sites have the NBA, the NFL, NASCAR, the PGA Tour, Murdoch's empire, Disney and several other fuckhuge investors backing them. They're already allocating tons of money for the legal battle that they should win.
>>
nope

>http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-09-10/you-aren-t-good-enough-to-win-money-playing-daily-fantasy-football
>>
>>63916136
they learned a nice loophole for getting around betting in states where its illegal.

NY is currently in court with them to suspend their company from the state both sides cases were heard its up to the judge to decide.

NY state attorney is allowing DK to continue operations until court decides decision
>>
>>63917106

Anyone can win. Hell my gf doesn't know anything about football and picked a team that won 80 dollars on Thanksgiving.

If you're willing to do some research and formulate a strategy you have a great chance to win. I'm not a math wiz, I don't have algorithms and computer programs churning out lineups, and I don't make tons of entries in every contest, but I still do well in NBA contests.
>>
sagesagesage
>>
>>63917096
>they should win.

If I understand correctly, their case is that their sites where people wager money on the outcome of various sporting activities, is not gambling. This seems to contradict your idea that they should win.
>>
>>63917174
>anon would never lie to me

yeah, nah. fuck off, shill
>>
>>63917174
>Anyone can win. Hell my gf doesn't know anything about football and picked a team that won 80 dollars on Thanksgiving.

Undercuts the argument that they are not a gambling operation, though.

>But... but... it takes knowledge and skillz!
>>
>>63917223

Their argument is that it is a game of skill, and they can prove that. Online poker had shady financial investors who had no interest in a public fight, so they folded operations when shit hit the fan. There are legitimate giants who have invested in these sites, they want this fight so they can win.

>>63917231

Not a shill. Just a dude who plays NBA contests. I haven't won 60K this month or anything. In fact, I started with a 10 dollar deposit and I now have 44 dollars 2 months later.

>>63917239

Always gonna be some luck involved. In any game of skill someone w/o it can get lucky. I mean I'm pretty bad at basketball but I can get lucky and make an NBA 3 point shot. Doesn't mean I'm Steph Curry tho.
>>
>>63917239
>>63917328
With most gambling, it takes money too be profitable. The guys that make a living off this play upwards of 5k a week on contests. Some make a few line ups, and others make 50+.

example. The other week when Landy Jones started but got hurt early in the game. One of winners of my contest had Ben Rothelsberger. Why would anyone start a guy who isn't set to play at all?

You tell me, I smell some shit on the legitimacy of Daily fantasy. I still play, but I don't play with nearly as much money as I used to.
>>
>>63917456

There's always value in a contrarian play with a player who has a huge upside. I'm not a multiple entry player, but the other day I started Anthony Davis (who had been carried off the floor the night before) because I knew there was a chance he'd play, and I knew he's capable of fuckhuge nights. He played, went off, and I damn near won the tournament because he was like 3.9% owned that night.

But I only play the really cheap tournaments that allow multiple entries. If I do my homework I can pick a great lineup just like the others, but those guys who spam tons of lineups have a much better chance.

In 50/50 cash games I only get in the small single entry contests on night's when I love my lineup, just to double up and stay in the positive.
>>
>>63917456
>>63917562

And the idea of tournaments is to take risks and catch those low % owned guys with high ceilings. To win those tournaments you have to be willing to lose that money.

The safer less risk lineups are what you play in the 50/50 double up games.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.