[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does a quarterback do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: qb.jpg (29 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
qb.jpg
29 KB, 600x300
I'm an eurofag trying to understand handegg.

Never saw an actual game and never knew the rules of it, but from what I got from american movies and shit, the quarterback was some kind of God. A guy that being 14 can already do whatever he wants in life, he's over everyone else. Is the creator, the genius of that sport, the guy who wins tournaments.

Since I started reading about handegg here, I've realized that things are a bit different, he's a god, that's right, but I can not understand what he does.

>he's white
>physical performance and shape is irrelevant meanwhile you can pass a ball
>he gets into the field and tells everyone else what play the coach asked for, so he doesn't have to think shit
>he tries to pass a ball before some big negros catch him
>many times the ball doesn't go where he wants
>many times the negros catch him before he passes the ball
>goes to the bench to eat a cheeseburger

Why are quarterbacks so well considered in America? They do almost nothing and many times do it wrong. The have not to think neither.

What am I missing?
>>
>he gets into the field and tells everyone else what play the coach asked for, so he doesn't have to think shit
they are told what to do, but if you see the defence lining upto completely stop you they have to change the play on the fly, so they do have to use their brains.

>goes to the bench to eat a cheeseburger

Oh, this is bait, nevermind
>>
knowing the playbook inside and out. Changing calls at the line before the play. Reading defenses. Being accurate with the ball so you give the receiver the best chance to catch it. But keep believing what you want :)
>>
>>63914712
I was going to answer your post like how qb can actually changes plays, but you just shitposting oh well
>>
>>63914727
Qb might be the easiest, or hardest position to play. Depends on your perspective
>>
>>63914727

Forgot to mention timing when throwing the ball and hitting the receiver in his route
>>
>he's white
more often than not
>physical performance and shape is irrelevant meanwhile you can pass a ball
It's not necessary but being a good athlete helps in scrambling situations
Yes, except that quite often he has to scrap what the coach asked for and think of something else based on how the defense is lining up
>he tries to pass a ball before some big negros catch him
Which can be very hard. Sometimes you have less than 3 seconds to take the ball, look for an open guy and make an accurate throw.
Many times Messi shoots and doesn't score, doesn't mean he's bad.

>Why are quarterbacks so well considered in America?
Because they play the hardest and most important position in the most popular sport there. And because ESPN is always shilling this retarded QB vs QB narrative that makes it seem like it's an individual sport.
>>
>>63914735
other than maybe corner and there are fewer good qb's than any other position.
>>
>>63914727
I do not believe anything. I already said I know nothing about that sport.

But I just read what people post here and he have to read defences and decide really quick. It's something a playmaker in football does a hundred times per game and nobody cares about it. A goalkeeper does it everytime he kicks the ball.

From what you're saying, from my deep ignorance, and still comparing with the sport I most know, he's like a guy who just kick corners.
>>
>>63914712

like other anons said, the qb can change the play at the line of scrimmage depending on how the defense is lined up, but even when he runs the play that the coach picked, he still has the responsibility to make quick decisions on what to do with the ball based on how the defense moves as the play progresses.
>>
>>63914780
>It's something a playmaker in football does a hundred times per game and nobody cares about it
Because if a playmaker in football makes a bad pass it most often results in losing possession for 20 seconds. When a quarterback makes a bad pass it often results in losing the opportunity to score which is a big deal since in some play off games you can only get as few as 10 chances to score.

Plus NFL defenses are much more complex than football defences
>>
>>63914780

>it's something a playmaker does in football a hundred times a game

Yeah, except making the wrong decisions can seriously injure you or your teammates. Completely same thing.
>>
File: doge.png (712 KB, 582x553) Image search: [Google]
doge.png
712 KB, 582x553
>>63914808
>>63914818
you niggas shouldn't be so mean to that spanish guy, at least he's trying to learn.
>>
>>63914712

it's the guy who fucks up the least
>>
>>63914831
Actually it's the guy who often fucks up the most. That's why it's so important for that guy to be good
>>
>>63914808
>Plus NFL defenses are much more complex
absolutely not. they're on a par really, with top football anyway.
Lower leagues i would agree with.
>>63914831
Are you being serious?

>>63914840
spot on.
>>
>>63914840

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh that was the point i was trying to make lol

like for any 7th grade football team, the quarterback will be the kid that can take snaps and not fuck up handoffs/plays
>>
>>63914861
You just worded it wrong i guess.
It's 'the guy that can not afford to make many/ sometimes any mistakes'
>>
>>63914750
I'd say there's a lower skill ceiling though.
Take running back for instance. Adrian Peterson is so above and beyond everyone else in the league right now it's ridiculous. When someone compliments a running back, there's just an implied "but he's still not as good as AP", they don't even have to say it.

A REALLY good running back only comes into the NFL once every decade or so. I'd argue for that reason, it's probably the hardest position to play.
>>
I always thought the quarterback was the guy who throws the ball to whoever is making a run
>>
File: patrick-henry-display.jpg (48 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
patrick-henry-display.jpg
48 KB, 240x240
>>63914828
Here here!
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (167 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
167 KB, 1920x1080
What are some other positions on concussion ball?
>>
>>63915493
running back: really fast agile nigger who the qb gives the ball to run when he doesnt want to throw

tackle, guard, center: fatasses who keep the qb and rb from getting hit by blocking

wide receiver: catches passes the qb throws

tight end: catches passes and blocks

corner back: defensive players who cover wide receivers

defensive tackles: fatasses who try to stop running backs

defensive ends: really fast scary niggers who make qbs ded

safeties: the last line of defense for big plays

linebackers: combination of defensive line and safeties
>>
>>63915493
They are all the same except for 3 guys that run really fast and catch the ball
>>
>>63915691
Thanks ameribro
>>
>>63915691
What about the punter?
>>
>>63914780
There's only one player who makes these decisions you fucking idiot, imagine if one person on the football (your football) team chose where every single person should pass the ball in every play. They make basically every fucking decision on offense basically. Don't pretend you want to actually learn.
>>
>>63915865
what cares LOL
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.