[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kobe has just announced he's retiring at the end of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: Kobe-.jpg (241 KB, 1940x1091) Image search: [Google]
Kobe-.jpg
241 KB, 1940x1091
Kobe has just announced he's retiring at the end of the season.

>where does he rank in your list of GOATs?
>did he do it?
>how has he played generally against your team over the last 20 years?
>would you have wanted him on your team over other players of his calibre/position if you could pick?
>do you actually like the guy, or do you think he is a fagt?
>>
Not top 10, Maybe top 25
>did he do it?
idk, idc
(mavs) meh. I remember shaq used to kill us back in the day, but after he left it wasn't so bad.
>would you have wanted him on your team over other players of his calibre/position if you could pick?
No.
I think that him running shaq out of LA was a bad move and showed that's he kind of a pre-madonna, but I respect his desire to try to prove himself as the best.
>>
>>63897494
>pre-madonna

Fucking comments like this are a diamond dozen.
>>
>>63897553
A good vocabulary is not to be taken for granite.
>>
>>63896387
>>
This actually made me tear up a bit

>GOATS

right behind MJ tbqh familia

>how has he played against your team

Spurs fan. As a child I had to watch him kuck us out of a championship year in and year out and I hated his guts and shaw as well but growing up you can't help but love the dude.

>want him on the team

I think he would benefit from being in the spurs system but I don't think we ever needed him

>do you like the guy

Kobr is one of my most favourite athletes ever. I love his attitude, his competitive nature, and of course his ability.
>>
>>63897596
>granite
>>
In terms of talent+work ethic+competitveness hes second to only MJ.

But his insecurities and autism pushing away other great players, alienating his teammates/coaches and playing too selfishly cost him dearly on the all time rankings.
>>
Kobe doesn't crack the top 10. You can't justify putting him above Duncan, Lebron, Hakeem, Shaq, Big O, etc. He's anywhere between 11-14. Disagree if you want, but you're wrong.
>>
>>63897494

I'd be as salty as you too if he outscored my whole team until they benched him.
>>
>>63898248
>Duncan
carried by good team and god tier coach
>Lebron
2-4 in the finals. he can't recover.
>Hakeem
Agreed only because no guard can dominate a game like a big man could except MJ
>Shaq
Agreed
>Oscar
1 ring, irrelavent

He is a solid number 3-5
>>
>>63898248
I can agree to 11-14 with the same reasons >>63898183 said. He was a great player but was often too toxic for his and his team's own good.

1. MJ
2. KAJ
3. Magic
4. Bird
5. Russell
6. Wilt
7. Duncan
8. Shaq
9. Hakeem
10. Kobe
11. Lebron

I always saw Kobe as the Brett Favre of NBA, in too many ways.
>>
top 15-20 range. anyone claiming he should be higher just started watching basketball after playing nba2k13
>>
>>63898546
>Larry Bird
Great Pick
>>
jordan
lebron
magic
kobe
curry
>>
>>63898465
You're a delusional fanboy. Post discarded.
>>
>>63898634
I think rankings should be about the career perspective, and Bird at Lebron's age now was still putting up GOAT numbers even with the back problems.
>>
>>63898248
>LeBitch better than Kobr

Kobe played in the west his entire career and carried a team with fucknig smush parker on it to the playoffs. LeBeta can barely make it to the finals in the east some years and is a Ray Allen shot away from being 1-5 in them
>>
File: 1335204216988.jpg (31 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1335204216988.jpg
31 KB, 360x360
I put him as 10 or 11. Probably at 11.
>>
>where does he rank?
Top 10. But #10
>did he do it?
Don't know, don't care
>pretty fucking well. The motherfucker dropped the second highest point total for an individual player in league history (81).
>Want him on your team over other players?
Sometimes yes, other times, no. It's honestly a toss up.
>do you like him or is he a fgt?
Pretty based. He's got some quality gif reactions
>>
Second best pure scoring 2 of all time.

Grats Kobe
>>
>>63897377

>>where does he rank in your list of GOATs?
Somewhere in the top 10. He's easily the second best shooting guard in the history of the game.
>>did he do it?
wat
>>how has he played generally against your team over the last 20 years?
Lakerfag here. However, I was always terrified of trading him or his signing with another team. If he had gone elsewhere, he would have torn out the Laker fans hearts.
No. 5-2 in the finals is more than any fan deserves.
>>do you actually like the guy, or do you think he is a fagt?
He's my favorite player ever, but it's gotten hard to appreciate him this season.
>>
File: 1445922372317.gif (3 MB, 300x263) Image search: [Google]
1445922372317.gif
3 MB, 300x263
Kobe might be the most overrated player in nba history and I can't think of a single season where he was the undisputed best player
>>
>>63898269
Not even salty, Kobe never really did anything to the Mavs. Most of the Mavs heartbreak was to the Spurs, and in the early stages of them getting good the lakers were carried by Shaq.
>>
>>63899219
He did win mvp in the 07/08 season.

However, Lebron did have more Points, Rebounds, and Assists than kobe did that year .
>>
>>63899011
>your favorite player ever
>cant answer if he did it or not
how fuckin new r u?
>>
>>63898248

You are autistic as fuck.

>if you dont agree with me, you are wrong, and that's it

Kobe is better than Shaq, I think that's pretty clear, but Shaq is still the most dominant of all time

Kobe is objectively better than LeBron, Hakeem and Big O taking into account both skill, longevity and titles. LeBron may one day match him or maybe even surpass him, especially if he can get a ring in Cleveland.

Kobe and Duncan are the same, imo.

It goes

1. Jordan
2. KAJ
3. Wilt
4. Russell
5. Magic
6. Bird
7. Kobe
8. Duncan
9. Shaq
10. Hakeem

As far as best SG, it goes

1. Jordan
2. Power Gap
3. Kobe
4. Massive Power Gap
5. West
6. Power Gap
7. Wade
8. Gervin
>>
>>63900269
Paul was arguably better too t b h
>>
>>63898051
Thatsthejoke.jpg
>>
>>63900490
Duncan is better than Kobe man. Right out of the draft, Duncan was already one of the best big men in the league and only got better after that. Not to mention he's still one of the best big men 17 years later while Kobe has had the most depressing last 3-4 seasons not including D-Rose.

And Lebron surpassing Kobe is inevitable.
>>
>>63901042

>And Lebron surpassing Kobe is inevitable.

Unless he gets 1 ring in Cleveland and another one somewhere else, I don't think so.

He's more efficient and a stat stuffer, but Kobe is a more complete player imo. Kobe's post game rivals Hakeem's, you just don't see that anymore in SGs.

>Duncan is better than Kobe man.

Don't agree with you on that. I will they are neck and neck. If Duncan wins this year (which is very much possible) and if the Spurs knock off GSW, I think I could concede he is better.

Duncan also started right away on the Spurs, while Kobe was behind Eddie Jones and sat on the bench for over 2 years. At one point, Bryon Scott was ahead of him on the depth chart. It almost ruined his development because Del Harris was a fucking retard.
>>
>>63897494
>Not top 10, Maybe top 25
You know you must be at least 18 to post here, right?
>>
>>63898248
>Big O
The only bigger meme legend is Bill Russell.
>>
>>63899219
00s Kobe would have been the undisputed best player during the 90s if you take out Jordan.
>>
Kobe could have been the best ever if he had better shot selection.
>>
>>63901307
Lebron has the same amount of finals MVPs as Kobe already though.
>>
>>63901693

Don't forget Wilt
>>
>>63897596
Well schist what else should I do then senpai?
>>
he refballed his way into at least 2 rings
>>
I may only be born in 1997 but Kobe is trash desu

Not in my top 50, overrated chucker
Ive seen enough the last few years to make my pick

Curry >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kobrick
>>
>>63902095
>falling for the "ref ball" meme
Queens or Celkeks fan spotted.
>>
>>63902142
it's not a meme, the Lakers beat the Kings literally due to corrupt refs
>>
>>63901307
>Unless he gets 1 ring in Cleveland and another one somewhere else

Why is this needed when Lebron has already matched Kobe in Finals MVP, surpassed him in MVPs, on pace to pass Kobe in all statistical categories and is only about to turn 31?

>but Kobe is a more complete player imo

No way you're not either a Lebron-hater or a Kobe-dick rider to legitimately think this. Kobe has a better outside game and post game, that's it. Lebron is better than Kobe in everything else. I'll give you Kobe has the "intangibles" like "muh apex predator" and such but Lebron has already been regarded, by many important figures such as coaches, legends and fellow players, as the most complete player in history.

>If Duncan wins this year

Why are titles your main criteria when they equal 5?

>Duncan has 5 (one which he won pretty much by himself averaging 25 and 17) rings
>is STILL a top player in the league.
>more MVPs
>more Finals MVPs
>more All defensive team selections
>same amount of All Stars even though Kobe got voted in purely by fans

You spoke of longevity, skill and titles is the reason why Kobe > Lebron - Hakeem - Robertson, yet you have Duncan, who either matches or surpasses Kobe in all three, behind him.
>>
File: 1443416087001.png (546 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
1443416087001.png
546 KB, 768x432
Kobe was a top ten and theres nothing you guys can do
>>
>>63902293
Nope. It's BS perpetuated by a corrupt ref who didn't even ref that game because he wanted to get back at the NBA after they helped the FBI fuck him. There was some poor refereeing that game definitely, but there's absolutely no meat to the idea that the nba intentionally affected the outcome. A baseless conspiracy theory.
>>
>>63899219
this is one of my favorite shaw dunx of all time because of the amount of btfo the white dude
>>
>>63900490
pretty close to mine actually.

1. Kareem
2. Jordan
3. Wilt
4. Russell
5. Magic
6. Bird
7. Hakeem
8. Kobe
9. Shaq
10. Duncan
>>
Top 5.

>did he do it?
I don't know since I wasn't there and I honestly don't care. We're talking about him as a player not what he's done off the court.

(Mavericks) pretty well I guess. I can't ever recall him killing us a la' Toronto but he's had some good games against us.

Definitely. The only player we've had I wouldn't choose him over would be Dirk, otherwise I would have loved to have had Kobe on our team.

I honestly like him. I respect his desire and drive to win. I honestly molded my game and attitude toward the game just like him when I first picked up playing basketball and I've improved tremendously. I don't think he ran Shaq out of L.A. moreso they clashed and they went with the younger, more flashy, more talented player vs a traditional big man superstar + the fact that Shaq never wanted to work on his game, work out, get in shape, or work on free throws was just further proof that he didn't give a fuck. If he showed even a little bit of concern about getting better or gave even a little effort I'm sure Godbe would have backed off his case and the Lakers would've done more to kept him there.
>>
>that comfy feel when you realize kobe will be ok living in a house made of all those bricks
>>
>>63897377
>>where does he rank in your list of GOATs?
top 5
>>did he do it?
yes
>>how has he played generally against your team over the last 20 years?
Knicks so he tends to get in that ass
>>would you have wanted him on your team over other players of his calibre/position if you could pick?
Duh
>>do you actually like the guy, or do you think he is a fagt?
He seems like a good guy and I hope he raped that white woman
>>
Kobe is like 15-18 in my book:

1. Jordan
2. KAJ
3. Russell
4. Wilt
5. Magic
6. Bird
7. Hakeem
8. Duncan
9. Shaq
10. Oscar
11. West
12. Havlicek
13. K.Malone
14. Stockton
15. Barkley
16. Drexler
17. Kobe
18. Lebron
19. M. Malone
20. Dr. J
>>
Kobe was Top 5 all time talent but only a Top 20 player on his desire to play the game the right way.

MJ used to set screens for his teammates and run the offense to get open to put up his numbers. Kobe's play was always lazy. Forcing up shots. The fact this effciency was so bad and he still had such a great career is a testament to his talent. It's a miracle for the league that he was so selfish. If he had played the game as a better teammate, he would have 10 rings. If he had played the style in which a lesser guard like DWade or Ray Allen played, with THAT shooting ability? He would have scored 40 PPG.

But he never trusted his teammates to do it that way. Sad story.
>>
>>63905825
I don't even think he's in the Top 20. Wade should be in there, not Kobe. Kobe's like 21 or 22.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.